The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MelJ 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MelJ Click to send private message to MelJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"

I’ve noticed that there showing the whole graduation now, which is something they have never done. Is it because more women here have conflict and they want to see what they will say for ratings? Or is it they just don’t have that much more good material to last threw the rest of the season.A few years back they had Josie Lanell Hailey and the lesbian gal all graduate really fast before the season ended. Now they are drawing it out.

Further more I have noticed things are starting to get boring. I’m not as interested in what the women are doing and how there progressing. I fast forward threw most of the show now.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... maryellennaco 04-26-06 1
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... smokeysmom 04-26-06 2
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... eire_heart74 04-26-06 3
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... petmama 04-26-06 4
   RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... imagma 04-27-06 5
   RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... AshLanie 04-27-06 6
       RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... zonkerpup 04-27-06 7
           RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... pmfmpls 04-27-06 9
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... banks 04-27-06 8
   RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... BeeBe 04-28-06 10
 RE: Does anyone else think SO is ru... JustBNMe 04-28-06 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-26-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
They're obviously running on empty now, what with all the HG retreads that keep coming back, back, one more time, two more times,ad naseum. Just go ahead and end it already, IMHO.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

smokeysmom 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokeysmom Click to send private message to smokeysmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
It does seem to be rushed on the one hand and dragged out on the other -- and IMO is getting boring. I think the new problems of overspending and loving an unavailable man are "lite" enough (in comparison to previous guests -- I know every person's problems are not lite to them) that they hope to wrap them up quickly, without leaving emotionally damaged women hanging. As for Jodie, I have absolutely no idea what her goal is now -- to lose weight? to take off the "mask", to become a furniture carver? They are winding down the guests and the whole show, I imagine.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-26-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
I know it's been said here again and again. It just seems so boring because they have no real goal. "Fill the empty cup" what the heck is that? How about get a job!!! And a real one. No artsy craftsy go sell your art at a farmers market stuff!

I often wonder why these women are there. It seems the "advice" they get from the life coaches could be easily attained from a friend or loved one with a good head on their shoulders. Do they really have no one to talk too? Or is it a case that they have worn out their welcome with their friends and family?

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
I was wondering why Andy didn't give Josie a makeover for her graduation last season. I didn't know she'd graduated from the Chicago house. I thought she was just there on an emergency basis. Eight months pregant and living in her car in the dead of winter. I only saw that season in Summer reruns. And, if they reran Josie's graduation, I missed it. I still wish she'd been given a second makeover. As a reminder to cover her boobs and belly fat. Her old dress did do that, though. Wasn't most of the show devoted to her second graduation, though? I remember it as a long, drawn out cry fest.

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-06, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
I thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons - I was definitely addicted. The third season started - the "couples" - I was so disappointed. The show has gone downhill since then. I still tape the shows but there are many weeks that I don't even play them back. I check in at this message board a few times a week - that is about it.

It is a shame that the show no longer offers the home viewers topics that they can relate to and learn from.

Why in the world are they "re-cycling" old housemates. They screwed up their first chance in the SO house! Give some new women a chance - they would love a chance to start over.

All good things must come to an end - but I thought it would last longer than a few years!

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-06, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
>I was wondering why Andy didn't
>give Josie a makeover for
>her graduation last season. I
>didn't know she'd graduated from
>the Chicago house. I thought
>she was just there on
>an emergency basis. Eight months
>pregant and living in her
>car in the dead of
>winter. I only saw that
>season in Summer reruns. And,
>if they reran Josie's graduation,
>I missed it. I still
>wish she'd been given a
>second makeover. As a reminder
>to cover her boobs and
>belly fat. Her old dress
>did do that, though. Wasn't
>most of the show devoted
>to her second graduation, though?
>I remember it as a
>long, drawn out cry fest.
>

Josie never graduated from the Chicago house.....S.O. got her a temp apartment til the next season started. During this tme she was to get the DNA tests completed.

And wow, just in time for May ratings sweep month or sweeps week, never can remmeber:

Cassie's son wants to meet her.

A coincendence that it is happening for sweeps?

zonkerpup 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zonkerpup Click to send private message to zonkerpup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
SO ran out of air when they made the decision to stop helping women make something of their lives and to start exploiting their emotional baggage and personal lives. Remember when Susan put a stop to it the first season, when she told Rhonda that she wasn't there to find a date, just her father. I also feel that IV was the last nail in the SO coffin. She's just gets too much enjoyment out of making a fool of her clients instead of really challenging them to recognize the weaknesses in their thoughts and actions, and making those changes.
Peace, Kathy

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
I agree!! The reason that the 1st season WORKED is because they had a professional with a REAL degree from a REAL university providing REAL coaching and goals.

IV's voodoo life advice, and her ridiculous (stupid) exercises are an insult to the integrity of each woman, as well as the field of therapeutic counseling and "life coaching" (which I think is a fad- not a science, anyway).

The first season was all about how to relate effectively, how to hone your skills and get a job, and how to learn to be comfortable with who you are.

This season it's all about string, and slop, and tearing paper, and handcuffs.

I don't get it. And I don't even want to talk about Rhonda's nomadic eyebrows...

banks 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail banks Click to send private message to banks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
I agree whole heartedly. The (gag) mushy graduation doesn't prove a thing. I never thought Kelly and Kim really earned graduation. Plus, the ceremony just goes on and on to fill the time slot.

BeeBe 41 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeeBe Click to send private message to BeeBe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-06 AT 01:25 AM (EST)

While I think Kim more than earned her graduation especially after what the SO House subjected her to - shoving Melinda in her face without warning and putting her in the line of fire of a bully-psycho like Kelly - I feel that with the conclusion of Kim's story and graduation, came the abrupt end of anything interesting left to air. It is SUCH a snooze. Oooh, I'm Niambi, I keep leaping in the sack with a man-whore I know is sleeping with his actual girlfriend. Oooh, I'm Antonia, I can't even wipe my own tush without a map and directions but I deserve $300 purses and a limo. Oooh, I've got you both beat, I'm Sommer and I am beside myself because no matter what I do, I just can't ...

... dance (sob!) DANCE?? Was she kidding? Is the show kidding? What earth-shaking, life-altering trauma is next? Someone who can't open a jar?

There's no more attempt at comeraderie in the House, unless you count Jodi constantly coming onto everyone. It has become just a cheap contest of who can create the most drama or conflict. As they run out of anything meaningful to air, one last exercise could redeem SO. It would be be a live follow-up show in which Kelly would recite and profusely apologize for each and every one of her disgusting episodes in the House, and then have to sit with that feeling alone in a room with nothing there to keep her company except her own conscience -

... and a very hungry racoon.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-06, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does anyone else think SO is running out of things to air?"
There's nothing to air because the women this season are dull and boring. They don't do anything but sit on their butts and gossip, whine and complain. At least last year we had the famous De-Bores-Ya to laugh at with her weird antics and habits and we had Tess to laugh at when she cried without tears etc. We also had Kim and her comments about the pigeon being a sign from God. We had the story of Jennifer trying to build a relationship with her father and Sinae trying to adjust to her disability. Those were interesting and helpful. This year it is sad to say but Lisa1 seemed to be the only entertaining HG and even she got old quickly. The issues thi syear aren't very interesting or real, nor are the HG's, the exercises are dull and the relationships that are forming amongst the HG are pretty lame

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •