The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Casting Calls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Casting Calls"
At their casting calls, SO production goes for maximum drama, IMO. On another MB, a woman who had attended a casting call, was given an opportunity to be on the show, if she changed her goal. Which she refused to do. Others who came looking, and acting like actresses, and were willing to change their goal to whatever the casting crew demanded of them, were chosen. I wonder why casting asked these women to change their goals. Was it for drama? Or, because the LC's weren't equipped to deal with their real issues? And, why they'd turn down someone having the issues that, according to the SOTV website, they're looking for. Such as someone who's served in Iraq and is having difficulty adjusting to civilian life. Just such a woman attended a casting call. And, was raped in Iraq. Right up casting's drama loving alley, wouldn't you think? But, they turned her down. I guess the LC's aren't equipped to deal with anything real.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Casting Calls GreatWhiteNorth 04-26-06 1
 RE: Casting Calls JustBNMe 04-27-06 2
   RE: Casting Calls zonkerpup 04-27-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GreatWhiteNorth 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-26-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreatWhiteNorth Click to send private message to GreatWhiteNorth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Casting Calls"
Actually, I'm kind of glad the iraq war vetran was turned down considering how the show has toiletted this year. If things were like they were season one, I think she would have gained quite a bit but as in now...she would be exploited and no woman should have that happen to her, but even moreso with a rape survivor. I really think what you have written is true, the production is so...obvious this season...they have angled every story of a woman to the most sensationalozed version..even for borring housemates like Lisa2. "the woman who drove her husband to have an affair!". I don't think the house is equiped to handle very serious matters, I mean, look how they treated Kim. Spring her desertee mother on her, tell Kim that she HAS to take mom on her graduation cruise...make Kim into the bad one in every situation and then sing song how much Kim has changed and grown. Women with real problems, stay away from casting calls! Imo of course.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-27-06, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Casting Calls"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-06 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

I believe you are talking about my post from another MB. I was at a casting call just for the heck of it to see what they did and said as I had heard stories about it from others on other MB's. They wanted me but only if I would have changed my goal to reconnecting with my very abusive dysfunctional family. I said no I had no interest in going back into their cesspool of toxic dysfunction. They keept trying to talk me into it and I finally got fed up and walked out. I was also in the "audition" with the woman who was raped in Iraq. They turned her down because she said she wanted to kill the guy, she was angry and had been in and out of hospitals with nervous breakdowns becuase of it. They told her to go see a psychologist to deal with the rape and get on with her life. They were quite uncaring. They didn't want people with real problems they wanted people who would create drama, controversy and be fake and annoying to get ratings for the show. Look at Lisa1, Tess, Antonia etc. The casting people were hot on the trail of another woman who had been a hooker, became a Christian and wanted to find a nice man. They kept asking her if she had a dad and if she did what was her relationship with him like. She said didn't know where he was or who he was and never knew him but she just wanted to find a nice Christian man. They asked and pressured her to say she wanted to find her dad and when she relented they said for her to stay for final auditions. She also had the "hollywood" look with the big hair from the 1980's, the fake fur coat, overly done makeup, gaudy jewelry etc. She looked like she belonged in an MTV music video from the 1980's and she had already been arguing with someone while waiting. What I saw at the casting calls made me shudder in many ways

zonkerpup 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zonkerpup Click to send private message to zonkerpup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Casting Calls"
All very sad situations... Like I've stated earlier, SO lost it after the first season and with the addition of IV. Sorry, but I just hate the way she tries to break her clients' spirits, instead of building on their positives.
Peace, Kathy

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •