The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-06, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Anyone ever notice how a LC or Dr. Stan will mention a word or use a phrase for a group topic and the women take it run a marathon with it? You will hear it drip from everyone's lips until the next phrase is used. This week's word is VUNERABILITY. If I never hear that word again in life, it will be just fine with me. Other words/phrases that have been overused "trust the process," "getting it," etc...

Please feel free to add more!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... eire_heart74 04-18-06 1
   RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... VelvetElegance 04-18-06 2
       RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... ggdreamer 04-20-06 5
 RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... JustBNMe 04-18-06 3
 RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... watches too much 04-19-06 4
 RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... librarian 04-20-06 6
   RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... VelvetElegance 04-20-06 7
       RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... SeasonedRefinement 04-20-06 8
           RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... VelvetElegance 04-20-06 9
               RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... SeasonedRefinement 04-21-06 13
           RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... Cygnus X1 04-20-06 12
       RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... flower2 04-20-06 10
           RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... VelvetElegance 04-20-06 11
               RE: Word or catch phrase of the wee... elgin 04-21-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-18-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Oh please if I had a dime for every time Jessica uttered "being present" I would have enough money to send my kid to college.

But right now Christie always being "pissed off" is coming a close second in the overused catagory!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-18-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
I think Kim's personal fav must be *getting it* or *get it*.. Seems like whevener she's not somewhere having a meltdown, she's explaining to we poor tool-less, not-present-in-the-moment, viewers.

I guess if Kim really did "get it" (whatever the he ll that means), she wouldn't have to run off to every available camera to remind everybody all the time..

ggdreamer 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ggdreamer Click to send private message to ggdreamer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
>I think Kim's personal fav must
>be *getting it* or *get
>it*.. Seems like whevener she's
>not somewhere having a meltdown,
>she's explaining to we poor
>tool-less, not-present-in-the-moment, viewers.
>
>I guess if Kim really did
>"get it" (whatever the he
>ll that means),

It means she now has 'clarity' - another Iyanla term

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-18-06, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Let's not forget them using the words tools, intergated and delicious alot as well as Lisa1 using the word "evolved" when she was trying to fool everyone with her long winded nonsense.

watches too much 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-19-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watches%20too%20much Click to send private message to watches%20too%20much Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Whenever I hear Jodi talking about "standing in my truth", I can't help but say to myself, "that ain't truth you're standing in and be sure to clean it off of the bottom of your foot before you come in the house"

librarian 57 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail librarian Click to send private message to librarian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Kim's "standing in my grace"

04-20-06, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VelvetElegance Click to send private message to VelvetElegance Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Yea...Today's show (Thursday) in particular...How many times did Kim spew "Standing in my grace". That must be the updated version of "standing in my truth"..

Fast on it's heals is the newest Iyanlaism (yes, I just made that one up. if Iyanla can, so can I.) Center In...How many times this week have we heard that one..And I think Jill has mentioned it a few times on her blog..

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
S-U-P-P-O-R-T....and I have PROOF!

How can I "support" you?

I don't feel "supported"!!!

I am going to "support" her.

Aren't I entitled to "support"?

We need to "support" each other.

That wasn't "supporting" me!

I thought this was supposed to be about "support"!

Is there anything else I can do to "support" you now?

Can we all gather around her and "support" her by helping her pack and just offering her our "support"?

I just can't "support" that?

How can we "support" her if she doesn't get it?

Do I have to "support" that?

Where's my "support" chart?

That food doesn't "support" me because I can't eat it"

That alcohol doesn't "support" me because I can't drink it"

How else can I "support" you in that decision?

We think feedback and "support" from your housemates is important.

Is your husband willing to "support" your decision?

If they don't "support" you, are you enough "support" for yourself?

I'm your coach for life, and I'm always here to "support" you.

And the often thought, seldom verbalized:
Can the Starting Over House "support" me until I get famous?

04-20-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
I'd probably have to go with you on his one SeasonedRefinedment. Support is probably the #1 most over used word in the entire history of the show. The only person who almost never uses it, is Blessed Dr. Stan.

Just yesterday, when I was watching the episode where Bethany was leaving the SOH. Rhonda had this to offer:

"Have you ladies had a chance to sit with Bethany to support you all in staying connected"?

Translation: Have you all exchanged numbers and e mail addresses yet? I guess it's just better for television to make it seem like the issue is really "connection" rather than exchanging numbers..

gimme a break..

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Ahhhh!!!! There's that other word they've abused:

C-O-N-N-E-C-T-E-D...

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
I thought the drinking game was another thread

I keed, I keed.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
VelvetElegance, I love the "Iyanlaisms!"

Just thought of two more --speak to the universe and has anyone told you they love you today?

It's really sickening to hear this stuff repeatedly.

04-20-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
This is really a good time to start charting some of this stuff. By Monday, there will be three new girls in the house. I wonder how long it will take them to start parroting the now famous -- or rather infamous Iyanlaisms. I think it will take Antonia the longest because she seems to be the most independent and the least likely to fall prey to such silliness but who knows!

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
TOOLS. I am SICK of hearing TOOLS. What the heck did we say in the old days (last year and prior) when we "got it" and understood and knew how to solve a problem. (Ok, "problems" don't exist any more you NEVER hear that word - it's ISSUES) For me an issue was political or a magazine but now it has replaced problems and you never hear the word any longer. Do you solve Math issues? I used to solve Math Problems. Duh.
Once a dumb a$$ psychobabblespeak word comes into being all the people follow like sheep to the slaughter. Baaaah. Baaaah. At least "pi$$ed off" is something I can "relate" to. It's crude yes, but it is reality speak.
Back to TOOLS, I mentally picture taking a hammer and knocking a few on the head with the TOOL and saying Dummy, do you get it now?
Or a saw, Jodi's weight loss might require a saw to saw the food in half. Or a pliers to grab the direction of her life for Kim. Or a sledge hammer for Kelly's no way is this going to get better angry self. etc etc. Or jumper cables to shock and possibly lower Rhonda's eyebrows that seem to get higher and higher .... Tools. Yep, for me it's tools. I have the tools and support and I stand in my truth. psychobabblespeak!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •