URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1375
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Word or catch phrase of the week?"

Posted by flower2 on 04-18-06 at 07:07 PM
Anyone ever notice how a LC or Dr. Stan will mention a word or use a phrase for a group topic and the women take it run a marathon with it? You will hear it drip from everyone's lips until the next phrase is used. This week's word is VUNERABILITY. If I never hear that word again in life, it will be just fine with me. Other words/phrases that have been overused "trust the process," "getting it," etc...

Please feel free to add more!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Word or catch phrase of the week?"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 04-18-06 at 08:08 PM
Oh please if I had a dime for every time Jessica uttered "being present" I would have enough money to send my kid to college.

But right now Christie always being "pissed off" is coming a close second in the overused catagory!

Posted by VelvetElegance on 04-18-06 at 09:25 PM
I think Kim's personal fav must be *getting it* or *get it*.. Seems like whevener she's not somewhere having a meltdown, she's explaining to we poor tool-less, not-present-in-the-moment, viewers.

I guess if Kim really did "get it" (whatever the he ll that means), she wouldn't have to run off to every available camera to remind everybody all the time..

Posted by ggdreamer on 04-20-06 at 02:10 AM
>I think Kim's personal fav must
>be *getting it* or *get
>it*.. Seems like whevener she's
>not somewhere having a meltdown,
>she's explaining to we poor
>tool-less, not-present-in-the-moment, viewers.
>
>I guess if Kim really did
>"get it" (whatever the he
>ll that means),

It means she now has 'clarity' - another Iyanla term

Posted by JustBNMe on 04-18-06 at 11:54 PM
Let's not forget them using the words tools, intergated and delicious alot as well as Lisa1 using the word "evolved" when she was trying to fool everyone with her long winded nonsense.

Posted by watches too much on 04-19-06 at 08:25 AM
Whenever I hear Jodi talking about "standing in my truth", I can't help but say to myself, "that ain't truth you're standing in and be sure to clean it off of the bottom of your foot before you come in the house"

Posted by librarian on 04-20-06 at 07:27 PM
Kim's "standing in my grace"

Posted by VelvetElegance on 04-20-06 at 08:15 PM
Yea...Today's show (Thursday) in particular...How many times did Kim spew "Standing in my grace". That must be the updated version of "standing in my truth"..

Fast on it's heals is the newest Iyanlaism (yes, I just made that one up. if Iyanla can, so can I.) Center In...How many times this week have we heard that one..And I think Jill has mentioned it a few times on her blog..

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-20-06 at 09:41 PM
S-U-P-P-O-R-T....and I have PROOF!

How can I "support" you?

I don't feel "supported"!!!

I am going to "support" her.

Aren't I entitled to "support"?

We need to "support" each other.

That wasn't "supporting" me!

I thought this was supposed to be about "support"!

Is there anything else I can do to "support" you now?

Can we all gather around her and "support" her by helping her pack and just offering her our "support"?

I just can't "support" that?

How can we "support" her if she doesn't get it?

Do I have to "support" that?

Where's my "support" chart?

That food doesn't "support" me because I can't eat it"

That alcohol doesn't "support" me because I can't drink it"

How else can I "support" you in that decision?

We think feedback and "support" from your housemates is important.

Is your husband willing to "support" your decision?

If they don't "support" you, are you enough "support" for yourself?

I'm your coach for life, and I'm always here to "support" you.

And the often thought, seldom verbalized:
Can the Starting Over House "support" me until I get famous?

Posted by VelvetElegance on 04-20-06 at 10:02 PM
I'd probably have to go with you on his one SeasonedRefinedment. Support is probably the #1 most over used word in the entire history of the show. The only person who almost never uses it, is Blessed Dr. Stan.

Just yesterday, when I was watching the episode where Bethany was leaving the SOH. Rhonda had this to offer:

"Have you ladies had a chance to sit with Bethany to support you all in staying connected"?

Translation: Have you all exchanged numbers and e mail addresses yet? I guess it's just better for television to make it seem like the issue is really "connection" rather than exchanging numbers..

gimme a break..

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-21-06 at 01:18 AM
Ahhhh!!!! There's that other word they've abused:

C-O-N-N-E-C-T-E-D...

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 04-20-06 at 11:46 PM
I thought the drinking game was another thread

I keed, I keed.

Posted by flower2 on 04-20-06 at 10:22 PM
VelvetElegance, I love the "Iyanlaisms!"

Just thought of two more --speak to the universe and has anyone told you they love you today?

It's really sickening to hear this stuff repeatedly.

Posted by VelvetElegance on 04-20-06 at 10:34 PM
This is really a good time to start charting some of this stuff. By Monday, there will be three new girls in the house. I wonder how long it will take them to start parroting the now famous -- or rather infamous Iyanlaisms. I think it will take Antonia the longest because she seems to be the most independent and the least likely to fall prey to such silliness but who knows!

Posted by elgin on 04-21-06 at 10:27 AM
TOOLS. I am SICK of hearing TOOLS. What the heck did we say in the old days (last year and prior) when we "got it" and understood and knew how to solve a problem. (Ok, "problems" don't exist any more you NEVER hear that word - it's ISSUES) For me an issue was political or a magazine but now it has replaced problems and you never hear the word any longer. Do you solve Math issues? I used to solve Math Problems. Duh.
Once a dumb a$$ psychobabblespeak word comes into being all the people follow like sheep to the slaughter. Baaaah. Baaaah. At least "pi$$ed off" is something I can "relate" to. It's crude yes, but it is reality speak.
Back to TOOLS, I mentally picture taking a hammer and knocking a few on the head with the TOOL and saying Dummy, do you get it now?
Or a saw, Jodi's weight loss might require a saw to saw the food in half. Or a pliers to grab the direction of her life for Kim. Or a sledge hammer for Kelly's no way is this going to get better angry self. etc etc. Or jumper cables to shock and possibly lower Rhonda's eyebrows that seem to get higher and higher .... Tools. Yep, for me it's tools. I have the tools and support and I stand in my truth. psychobabblespeak!