The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"That 70's Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"That 70's Show"
I found this exercise to be very enlightening. It was good for the ladies to look forward and think about what they would like to think about themselves in the future. Kind of makes today look not so bleak.

I was particularly moved by Kelly's speech. I haven't much liked her so far but she really redeemed herself today. I think she really does want to change and have good memories and be a positive influence in this crazy world.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: That 70's Show koolblu 04-05-06 1
   RE: That 70's Show tac_2 04-05-06 3
 RE: That 70's Show tac_2 04-05-06 2
 RE: That 70's Show MizJazmine 04-06-06 4
   RE: That 70's Show NicNac 04-06-06 5
 RE: That 70's Show pinksparkleguitar 04-06-06 6
   RE: That 70's Show Sumrsno 04-07-06 7
 RE: That 70's Show Labyrinth 04-07-06 8
   RE: That 70's Show tac_2 04-07-06 9
       RE: That 70's Show lovemydogdude 04-08-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

koolblu 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-05-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail koolblu Click to send private message to koolblu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: That 70's Show"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-06 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

Kelly's grand kids are going to be couphing up alot of hairballs from all of her cake and cookie baking she is planning to do....hahaha

Christie as the "old lady": well, she looks like she took her influence from Iguana's wardrobe...the big necklace and flower, the moo moo...etc. or better yet...Mrs Roper! lol

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: That 70's Show"

>Christie as the "old lady": well,
>she looks like she took
>her influence from Iguana's wardrobe...the
>big necklace and flower, the
>moo moo...etc. or better yet...Mrs
>Roper! lol

Interesting how everything was oversized on Christie's rendition of an older woman. But then, she's looking for her BIG break, isn't she, so it made sense.

04-05-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: That 70's Show"
I thought the exercise was worthwhile and for the first time actually started warming up to Kelly.
Also think it's a terrific topic for women to talk about especially within a varied age group and Kelly did seem to get something out of it besides just laughs, like the others.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-06, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: That 70's Show"
I didn't think I would like Kelly but I do. I think this particular exercise coupled with talking to the 2 "wise women" was really good for Kelly, and I think she really took it to heart. I thought it was sad that she didn't have any older wise women in her life. I could easily see how having older wise women in her life could be of great value to Kelly, because I think part of her problem is that she lacks balance and she gets fixated on stupid stuff. So out of everybody, I think she took the exercise to heart.

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: That 70's Show"
I may be wrong, but I think this excercise was a case of Kelly taking 3 steps forward and very soon will take 4 steps back. She seemed to grasp the meaning of the whole thing, but Kelly is the type who seems to jump right back into her old ways at the drop of a hat.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-06-06, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: That 70's Show"
I enjoyed the exercise, it was one of the more lighthearted and yet meaningful ones. And it didn't involve Iyanla yelling and belittling the houseguests through a megaphone!!

Sumrsno 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sumrsno Click to send private message to Sumrsno Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: That 70's Show"
>I enjoyed the exercise, it was
>one of the more lighthearted
>and yet meaningful ones.
>And it didn't involve Iyanla
>yelling and belittling the houseguests
>through a megaphone!!
>
>
>

Hi Pink: I agree with you that it was a refreshing exercise.
Everone participated, had a good time readying for it,and bonded for at least a few hours.
My friend and I watch together everyday. She asked me what I would be wearing at '70, and I said "I guess this Mickey Mouse sweat shirt, and jogging pants." LOL

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-07-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: That 70's Show"
I also have to say that I thought Kelly's speech/monoglogue was the most meaningful. She obviously put a lot of thought into what it would really be like to be that age and what she would be doing. It was nicely surprising to see her draw that creativity out of herself.

When Kelly relaxes and puts down her defensives, she can be a really warm and friendly person. I just wish she would be more consistent on letting her need for aggression go

Also glad to see an exercise by IV where women weren't being humiliated as that seems to be her Style.

04-07-06, 08:07 PM (EST)
9. "RE: That 70's Show"
>I also have to say that
>I thought Kelly's speech/monoglogue was
>the most meaningful. She obviously
>put a lot of thought
>into what it would really
>be like to be that
>age and what she would
>be doing. It was nicely
>surprising to see her draw
>that creativity out of herself.

Definitely. And it's been quite a while since any of these women have touched me. I would have never guessed it would have been Kelly.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: That 70's Show"
Yes I enjoyed this exercise too. I think it was neat how they had Kelly meet with the two elderly women..very sweet! This is probably why her speech was put together better than the other HM's though IMO..but it was a good experience for her.

I've worked in nursing homes for like 14 years and I've seen my share of bitter old women...as well as those who just radiate happiness even on their death beds. Regardless of this exercise I still bet Kelly ends up being a bitter old lady JMO.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •