The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Lisa 100% to blame for her husband's infidelity?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jndinc1 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jndinc1 Click to send private message to jndinc1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Lisa 100% to blame for her husband's infidelity?"
I am getting annoyed with this whole issue of blame and responsibility regarding Lisa and Tony's marriage. Now I know that Lisa has to get out of the role of victim and take responsibility for her part in the problems within her life and her marriage. HOWEVER, does any responsibility go to Tony and the fact that he cheated instead of working out their problems? Iyanla won't even let Lisa mention anyone else's name when she talks about what makes her angry about her life. I completely understand what Iyanla is trying to do, to a point. Lisa can't go around blaming everyone else for her unhappiness without looking within herself for some accountability. But it seems Iyanla is putting everything on Lisa. On today's show Iyanla was talking to Lisa about when they were having a disagreement while they were planning the wedding and Tony said something like, "Well, maybe we shouldn't get married then." So Lisa ran to her mom, who then ran to Tony and pleaded with him to please marry Lisa. Was a gun to his head? He didn't have to marry her if he didn't want to. He was a big boy. But Lisa should be mad at herself? I completely disagree. I like Lisa, and I just can't wrap my brain around blaming anybody who has been cheated on by their spouse for that infidelity. If Lisa was that bad to Tony, then he should have told her she needed to change her behavior or they needed to get counseling. If she refused, then it's over. Cheating does not solve the problem, and he is not justified in his indiscretions just because Lisa was controlling and hard to live with. I am disappointed in Iyanla for the way she is coaching Lisa with this. I think she's wrong.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •