URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1224
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is Lisa 100% to blame for her husband's infidelity?"

Posted by jndinc1 on 03-09-06 at 04:34 PM
I am getting annoyed with this whole issue of blame and responsibility regarding Lisa and Tony's marriage. Now I know that Lisa has to get out of the role of victim and take responsibility for her part in the problems within her life and her marriage. HOWEVER, does any responsibility go to Tony and the fact that he cheated instead of working out their problems? Iyanla won't even let Lisa mention anyone else's name when she talks about what makes her angry about her life. I completely understand what Iyanla is trying to do, to a point. Lisa can't go around blaming everyone else for her unhappiness without looking within herself for some accountability. But it seems Iyanla is putting everything on Lisa. On today's show Iyanla was talking to Lisa about when they were having a disagreement while they were planning the wedding and Tony said something like, "Well, maybe we shouldn't get married then." So Lisa ran to her mom, who then ran to Tony and pleaded with him to please marry Lisa. Was a gun to his head? He didn't have to marry her if he didn't want to. He was a big boy. But Lisa should be mad at herself? I completely disagree. I like Lisa, and I just can't wrap my brain around blaming anybody who has been cheated on by their spouse for that infidelity. If Lisa was that bad to Tony, then he should have told her she needed to change her behavior or they needed to get counseling. If she refused, then it's over. Cheating does not solve the problem, and he is not justified in his indiscretions just because Lisa was controlling and hard to live with. I am disappointed in Iyanla for the way she is coaching Lisa with this. I think she's wrong.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion