The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-09-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I know it was interpeted by Rhonda as "Kim trying to connect." But did anyone else find Kim using a remark like "I know of a teenage boy who was killed in a car accident." to connect with Kelly more than a little odd?Of all the things that could have been said to Kelly on the topic of teenage boys Kim chooses that? Come on...........Rhonda. Are you telling us Kim is to stupid or to clueless to come up with anything else to say about teenagers other than to talk about their untimely deaths in car accidents? I don't think so. I think Kim is smarter than that.And I think she knew full well that Kelly was worrying alot about her sons.So why make that remark?What topic is Kim going to use next to cozy up to her housemates perhaps a "dead baby" comment to Lisa or Jodi?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly lovemydogdude 03-09-06 1
   RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly nikkidemus 03-09-06 4
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Delinda 03-09-06 2
   RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly lovemydogdude 03-09-06 3
       RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Lanna42 03-09-06 5
           RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly azkate 03-10-06 6
               RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly NicNac 03-10-06 8
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly eire_heart74 03-10-06 7
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Cleverone 03-10-06 9
   RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly lovemydogdude 03-10-06 10
       RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Cleverone 03-10-06 11
 Kim, I know this lady.. mimibunny 03-10-06 12
   RE: Kim, I know this lady.. SOfan0221 03-11-06 20
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Pixeltalk 03-10-06 13
   RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly lovemydogdude 03-10-06 14
       RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly nikkidemus 03-10-06 15
       RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Shazbot 03-10-06 18
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly SOfan0221 03-10-06 16
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly MizJazmine 03-10-06 17
   RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Shazbot 03-11-06 19
       RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly MizJazmine 03-12-06 21
           RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly Shazbot 03-13-06 23
 RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly jac72 03-12-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-09-06, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I honestly don't think Kim knew better. She's inappropriate period! I think that she truly was trying to connect with Kelly in her own warped way. I do not believe she had any malicious intent whatsoever. Kim wants to connect so bad with at least SOMEONE in that house. Kelly was the only one defending her during the last bash Kim meeting and I think Kim sensed the possibilities of a friendship with her.

Kim just tries TOO hard! She wanted to discuss a common ground and this is the story that spewed out..I don't believe she truly thinks out what she's going to say before she says it alot of the time and I would bet she often wishes she could take things back after they've been said. Her heart is right..her mind is NOT..because of her lifetime of abuse and abandonment. JMO

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nikkidemus 186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkidemus Click to send private message to nikkidemus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Agree. I think that just about anything a person would say, Kelly would take it the wrong way. She takes everything so personal. And I feel she has a paranoid type of personality. There is no way I could befriend someone like her because one minute shes as nice as pie and the next minute shes screaming in your face about something you might have said that she took the wrong way.

Delinda 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Delinda Click to send private message to Delinda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I have to agree with you. Rhonda is ignoring a possible patholgy by writing it off as her social awkwardness. I don't think it is intentional in that I don't think her conscious mind is wicked and trying to hurt others but some part of her is absolutely trying to inflict pain in a very passive aggressive way. When she first joined the house and was having issues, I thought they weren't giving her a fair shake but since then it has become alarming just how serious her problem is. She is absolutely toxic. I don't know if it's because there's a part of her that is trying to poison all of her relationships as a way to stay disconnected from people or if it's just a flight or fight response - i.e. hurt them before they hurt me but Rhonda is 100% wrong in saying that it's just her trying to connect. I wish Dr. Stan was around for this discussion because something is very wrong with Kim.

03-09-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
This is exactly what Kim needs..to have this sort of communication failure brought out and discussed..and to have the person on the receiving end (Kelly) be open and accepting. I think it's excellent that Kelly found some understanding and their friendship can now grow. This way Kim can see the error of her ways and begin to make some much needed changes. I love the fact that Kelly called Rhonda to further discuss her feelings rather than sitting around the house brewing up more bad feelings for Kim amongst HM's.

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Kelly was snowed by Rhonda's brainwashing.Kim sees Kelly as the next strongest personality in the house and is undermining her because as she has already announced she wants to be "Queen Bee" of the house. This won't be the last "inappropriate remark" to "slip out" of Kim. The dead teen remark was downright creepy not just "inappropriate."

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
This is not the first "passive aggresive" remark Kim has made. When she first came in the house she asked someone (Jill? TJ? Alliscam?)if they were afraid, after graduating, of never hearing from the roommates again? I thought WTH? The innuendo of that remark (to me) attempted to put a really negative spin on graduating. It seemed to imply that the work (to develop bonds between the housmates while also working on their own personal stuff) was nothing more than that of making friendships on a cruise and never hearing from those friends again.....it was so totally out of place and a bit cruel. After that I decided to pull back from Kim's story and just wait and see how she developed. Now she makes another cruel remark and Rhonda say's Kim is trying to bond? Yup and telling someone F**K You means I love you HA!

Oh and having compassion doesn't mean you have to put up with cruelty. I truly feel bad for Kim and think her father should be in jail for the hell she was put through. That doesn't mean Kim gets a free pass, Rhonda. Kim has some really keen inner radar that targets everyone's worst nightmare. We know Kim HAS lived that worst nightmare and maybe that is why she is so good at it but she has to stop that. She will never be able to bond with ANYONE if she doesn't get her father's voice out of her head because that is where I think these remarks are coming from.

FWIW,

Kate

NicNac 131 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NicNac Click to send private message to NicNac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I have to stick up for Kim here, mainly because Kelly is such a nut case. That girl is 500 kinds of crazy. I can honestly imagine the conversation happening this way:
Kelly is going on about how she worries about her sons and feels like she doesn't want them to have any independence.
Kim hears it and in her mind she says "I can understand being worried about teenage sons. I know someone whose son was killed in a car accident." It's one of those things that the minute you say it, you think "why in the world did I let that come out of my mouth?" But Kim, for several different reasons is not capable of weeding out inappropriate comments from appropriate ones yet. And I believe that is one of the reasons she is in the SO house to begin with, so hopefully she is learning.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-10-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Yeah it was odd but I don't think it was odd for Kim. She's proven since day one to be kind of backwards in the area of social interaction. Probably half the problems she's had with the housemates constantly picking on her stem from the inappropriateness that comes out of her mouth. She just adds fuel to their fire without even trying.

Kelly on the other hand needs to chill out. There seems to be a whole lot of ego with her. Not paranoia. Just I'm so important so of course they must be jelous of me and out to get me.! Dream on and give Kim a break.

I've said it before, I am really tired of none of these roommates giving Kim a break. Do they all think they are perfect little life coach wannabee?

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-10-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I'm with you Lanna,Delinda and Azkate....Kim's comment was totally bizarre and as usual off kilter.

Rhonda's excuse of it being Kim trying to bond is in my opinion incorrect....Kim is always keeping score and striking back for things that she feels are threatening to her way of thinking. She was (IMO) trying to unnerve Kelly (who's already a basket case) so that she can control the house.

Since some have accused Allyson and Jill of being "Queen Bee's" as the elder HM...would this not apply to Kim as well as she's now the elder statesman??? Kim's leveling the playing field and setting the stage for her term at "Queendom." She feels that she can say anything she wants to and everyone else has to be compassionate to her....what about the others feelings ...don't they count???

Granted Kelly's waaayyyyy out there with her interpretations of somethings, but for Kim to speak of a teenage boy being killed when Kelly's expressing her fears about her boys was very insensitive and mean...and I feel that Kim knows when she's inappropriate and does it anyway...why???..because she's being let off the hook in the name of compassion.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

03-10-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I respectfully disagree on several points:

Kim is not interested in being queenbee..she just wants to coexist with her HM's and having Jill (the queenbee) gone would only help her get past all of the initial BS. I'm pretty sure Kim knows she will never be queen and would be happy to make at least one close friend out of this deal.

I DO believe Kim was trying to connect with Kelly, in her own injured mind this was her way of promoting/participating in the conversation Kelly was having with her. I believe Kim is fully aware NOW that the comment was warped..and I am glad that she wasn't attacked (for once) but instead Rhonda used it to promote some empathy for Kim. She NEEDS it..she needs to get past the basic HM struggles so that they can truly HELP her learn and grow. I believe Kim retreated to her room after the comment was said to Kelly because she soon realized what she did..but it was too late to take it back. She needs some understanding before she can even begin working on herself. JMO

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"

So noted LMDD ..."only time will tell" and I'm anxiously waiting to see just how Kim handles her remaining stay in the house...if it's anything like she has previously...I'm betting on my stance....we shall see.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimibunny Click to send private message to mimibunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Kim, I know this lady.."
..... who was on the starting over show and she took a lot of pills and went to las vegas and got really drunk and was on Tv in her granny pants and now nobody knows where she is,..who can top Kims story?? Lets scare her to death!!!! Kellys knife whipping around was pretty scary to me!!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kim, I know this lady.."
That would be Karen, season 2 near the end. She was roomies with Vanessa.

And somehow all the houseguests seems to connect with Hailey and Lynell

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-10-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I think you are giving Kim way too much credit by thinking that she would so effectively identify and push Kelly's buttons. She doesn't even understand herself, let alone the other housemates.

It seems reasonable to me that Kelly was talking about her concerns for her boys growing up. It would be normal to say, "I can understand that, with all that is going on nowadays" or "There are a lot more hazards out there for teenagers than there were in our day" or "It makes your hair stand on end to hear about some of the crazy stuff kids do. I can understand your worrying about it." But poor old Kim, with her manic, spacey way of talking, just had it come out wrong.

Kelly is a person who will interpret people's actions and words in the most damaging way. To say, "She exploited my weakness" shows her attitude: you can't be "weak." She has previously said that if she hugs and shows affection toward other women, it "looks weak." She alse said, "just as I predicted" which shows that she expects the absolute worst out of people at all times.

I agreed with Kelly about Jodi's controlling actions, but she is way off base on this one. (JMO)

03-10-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Amen Pixel

nikkidemus 186 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkidemus Click to send private message to nikkidemus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Amen is right. Kelly is a freak and a bully. I like her about as much as I liked Alliscam and Lisatwit. Not! You could give the old haggard looking b***h a compliment and she would twist it all around like a pretzel. I cant stand mean people.

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Well here's a theory on Kim.

I think Kim's hypersensitive and I think she senses some kind of resentment from Kelly towards her because Jacks is still young and Kim has his whole life ahead of her. Maybe Kim's statement was like some sort of emotional tourettes... voicing what she fears from Kelly.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Both Kim and Kelly have no tact, no couth, and no personality.

They are filled with something other than normal, caring human emotions.

Kim is filled with anger at her father over her treatment as a child.

Kelly is way too pi$$ed off to have acted that way since she was 11 or 13 or whatever. That woman has some major headworm obstacles to overcome. Not buying the therapist remark that supposedly sent her over the edge. Wondering if she suffers from the same mental illness as her mother or if in fact she is bi polar. She seems to either be up or down and mad, no in between.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Ohhhh I think Kim is very deliberate and passive aggressive. I think she knew EXACTLY what she was doing when she made that comment to Kelly. Yep Kim listens and she gathers information so she can zing people later right where they live. And what was that Kim said in group? How she was "proud" of herself for not getting caught up into Kelly's reaction. Of course she was proud of herself. It was mission accomplished. What should be a new tool for Kim, I think is actually a weapon for her. Let's see how does it go? She can say something mean and cruel and how the other person responds is just not her problem. It's all in the name of trying to connect. I suppose had Kelly turned around and said, You know there are a lot of kids who drown Jax age or strangle themselves in the cords of venetian blinds, I believe 1 every month". That would have all been just fine, because hey it's all in the name of connecting. What a load of crap! I think Kelly's instincts were right on in this instance.

While I have had great compassion for Kim's experience of abuse, there is something not adding up for me with Kim. I Hate to say it, but it's just not.

03-11-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Hmmm MizJamine - good point. You're right, there would've been no tolerance for an insensitive remark if it had come from Kelly. But I wonder too why was Kelly so sensitive to this? Surely she's aware of the dangers to her sons all on her own. It's not like it would've been the first time she considered it. And I don't really know what Kim's motivation here would be. I mean what's in it for Kim really?

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Hi Shazbot,

I think Kim totally blindsided Kelly with her remark. Kim knows why Kelly is in the house. She knows that Kelly has a fear of "losing" her son's (and her marriage). The ultimate loss for any parent is death. But you take someone like Kelly who already has fears and add death on top of those fears from a person like Kim who IMO holds grudges and is passive aggressive and that adds up to a "gotcha". Kelly confronted Kim in group before, and to me the whole thing was weird. But I think there's something going on that they're not showing viewers as far as these two are concerned.

What's in it for Kim? I think it's about power. I think Kim got a sense of satisfaction in not only being able to discombobulate Kelly, but to be supported by Rhonda in doing so. I think Kelly looks very tough exterior wise. She's kinda got that "prison look" thing going on, but I think she's a very sensitive person interior wise. I think Kim wanted to send a message to Kelly that she can hurt her and she won't blink when she does it. I think Kelly got the message loud and clear. In totality why this is going on? I don't know, but I do think Kelly's insticts about Kim are so on point it's not even funny. I think Kelly nailed it, but if Kim is cast as the "victim" it doesn't serve the purpose of the show for her to be viewed as otherwise - hence Rhonda's response. That's the way I see it anyways...

03-13-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
Hi Mizjazmine. Thanks for your excellent comments. This is such an interesting topic. I find it very interesting that Kelly should be the one, on the surface, that would provoke the reactions, but she is the one with integrity.

I keep coming out in support of Kim, because I was looking at her in terms of being a victim of abuse, and how she really doesn't trust anybody...and how she keeps bringing negative reactions on herself. But now I'm wondering if really, Kim isn't some kind of spoiled brat... where she can't empathize because she's just too damn judgemental. (Hmm, suckered in by the show again, just like I was in the begining with Allison).

It would serve the purpose of the show too, to build around Kim, because she appeals to a feeling we all have of being on the short end of the stick. I wonder if Kim knew that she was supposed to come in and save the show! And the bigger question... does this show only work with manipulation (or not work, if it's getting cancelled)?

jac72 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-06, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jac72 Click to send private message to jac72 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kim's dead teen remark to Kelly"
I kind of agree with Rhonda that it was Kim's way of 'connecting'. It seems odd but I know alot of people who say such things and they mean well. Kim has been through alot and doesn't know how to connect. But I think RB got it right. I feel more compassion for Kim now than I did in the beginning. I kind of thought she was a stuck-up, self-centered person. But pain and hurt from the ones who are supposed to love and take care of you really does affect the way you relate to others. I just hope RB can help Kim to realize her best.

JL
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/rhondabritten

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •