The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly update info"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tvfun 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly update info"
Kelly's friend on Jokers had these things to say about Kelly.

Well, it's that time for Kelly. This Thursday she will be graduating from the Starting Over house. I knew this box with locks had something to do with it. (she wouldn't tell me). I'm so excited and thrilled for her. Kelly & I are having lunch on her graduating day, so that should be great.

Kelly is now in school trying to sharpen her skills in the medical field. I'm so proud of her.

I'll try to snap up some photos from Thursday's lunch, but she gets kinda squirmy about that kind of stuff. I took some photos of Kelly messing around at work -

She's not in the Starting Over house because of her anger...
I mean, I know she can work on not getting so upset about stuff, but she's not in the house for that. Ya know? Or I can be just biased about the whole damn thing.

P.S. I talked to Jill on the phone this week. She wants me to make her a nice "Jill Presentation" for her appearances this coming week. A DVD showcasing her best moments in the house. How cool is that?

It's very nervousing

Nah, her anger has nothing to do with it. She just loves to tell it like it is - She's dramtic for sure
But again, what do I know? I've only known her for 2 years, so I could only see a few sides. And I'm biased as hell. : )

Well, Jill has "hired" me already. I just need to pick up the DVD of her graduation, is all. And it's more for a favor for Kelly in making this DVD for Jill. Free of charge.

P.S. The Janet that she spoke to is a friend of mine as well. It was so funny to hear her on the show. Janet is another great gal.

I'm sorry, but what is Jill trying to do...put together a REEL to get her acting jobs.....good grief Jill, WTF give it up.....your too "fat" too lazy...too full of your self....and you have no talent.

And Kelly studing in the medical field....WTF is that about. I'm sure it has to be a tech school for something. She doesn't have a degree, so it can't be medical school.....hahahah

And what happend to her dream of opening up a resturant?
I guess she figured her "hair" and "anger" will keep people away, and she would probably get a D grade on her restruant.....haha

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly update info AshLanie 04-19-06 1
 RE: Kelly update info GeeGee45 04-19-06 2
   RE: Kelly update info 00fun 04-19-06 3
       RE: Kelly update info GeeGee45 04-19-06 4
 RE: Kelly update info 00fun 04-19-06 5
   RE: Kelly update info sharnina 04-20-06 6
 RE: Kelly update info snowflake2 04-20-06 7
   RE: Kelly update info tvfun 04-20-06 8
   RE: Kelly update info sharnina 04-23-06 19
   RE: Kelly update info msbehavin 04-23-06 21
 RE: Kelly update info crone 04-20-06 9
   WARNING - crone Cygnus X1 04-20-06 10
       RE: WARNING - crone BeeBe 04-22-06 11
           RE: WARNING - crone SeasonedRefinement 04-22-06 12
               RE: kelly update info BeeBe 04-22-06 13
                   RE: kelly update info kawyar 04-24-06 25
               RE: WARNING - crone Stormchaser 04-22-06 14
                   RE: WARNING - crone tvfun 04-22-06 16
               RE: WARNING - crone sharnina 04-22-06 15
                   RE: WARNING - crone SeasonedRefinement 04-23-06 18
                       Kelly update sharnina 04-23-06 20
               RE: WARNING - crone bookwomanblue 04-22-06 17
               RE: WARNING - crone ChristinaJB 04-23-06 22
                   RE: WARNING - crone SeasonedRefinement 04-24-06 23
                       RE: WARNING - crone janniebabie 04-24-06 24
                           Hey gang Cygnus X1 04-24-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-19-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly update info"
>Kelly's friend on Jokers had these
>things to say about Kelly.
>
>
> Well, it's that time for
>Kelly. This Thursday she will
>be graduating from the Starting
>Over house. I knew this
>box with locks had something
>to do with it. (she
>wouldn't tell me). I'm so
>excited and thrilled for her.
>Kelly & I are having
>lunch on her graduating day,
>so that should be great.
>
>
>Kelly is now in school trying
>to sharpen her skills in
>the medical field. I'm so
>proud of her.
>
>I'll try to snap up some
>photos from Thursday's lunch, but
>she gets kinda squirmy about
>that kind of stuff. I
>took some photos of Kelly
>messing around at work -
>
>
>She's not in the Starting Over
>house because of her anger...
>
>I mean, I know she can
>work on not getting so
>upset about stuff, but she's
>not in the house for
>that. Ya know? Or I
>can be just biased about
>the whole damn thing.
>
>P.S. I talked to Jill on
>the phone this week. She
>wants me to make her
>a nice "Jill Presentation" for
>her appearances this coming week.
>A DVD showcasing her best
>moments in the house. How
>cool is that?
>
>It's very nervousing
>
>Nah, her anger has nothing to
>do with it. She just
>loves to tell it like
>it is - She's dramtic
>for sure
> But again, what do I
>know? I've only known her
>for 2 years, so I
>could only see a few
>sides. And I'm biased as
>hell. : )
>
>Well, Jill has "hired" me already.
>I just need to pick
>up the DVD of her
>graduation, is all. And it's
>more for a favor for
>Kelly in making this DVD
>for Jill. Free of charge.
>
>
>P.S. The Janet that she spoke
>to is a friend of
>mine as well. It was
>so funny to hear her
>on the show. Janet is
>another great gal.
>**********************
>
>I'm sorry, but what is Jill
>trying to do...put together a
>REEL to get her acting
>jobs.....good grief Jill, WTF
>give it up.....your too "fat"
>too lazy...too full of your
>self....and you have no talent.
>
>
>And Kelly studing in the medical
>field....WTF is that about. I'm
>sure it has to be
>a tech school for something.
>She doesn't have a degree,
>so it can't be medical
>school.....hahahah
>
>And what happend to her dream
>of opening up a resturant?
>
>I guess she figured her "hair"
>and "anger" will keep people
>away, and she would probably
>get a D grade on
>her restruant.....haha

Maybe she (Kelley) is in training to be a candy striper?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

GeeGee45 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-19-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeeGee45 Click to send private message to GeeGee45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly update info"
I'm Glenda - Kelly's sister.

She should have been working on her "anger" while in the SO house. How does someone get close to other people if they don't work on anger issues? She hasn't spoken to me since Dec. 27th (3 weeks of being home from SO house) It's so sad the way SO protrays helping people when all they do is send wounded people into the real world.

00fun 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 00fun Click to send private message to 00fun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly update info"
>I'm Glenda - Kelly's sister.
>
>She should have been working on
>her "anger" while in the
>SO house. How does
>someone get close to other
>people if they don't work
>on anger issues? She
>hasn't spoken to me since
>Dec. 27th (3 weeks of
>being home from SO house)
>It's so sad the way
>SO protrays helping people when
>all they do is send
>wounded people into the real
>world.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I haven't been on these boards in awile, but I thought Kelly made up with you while in the house. Didn't she make a call to you recently?

Was that phone call all an act for SO benefit? I'm sooooo confused. I'm guessing she never got over her anger issues, which you are right, she should of been working on that while in the house.

GeeGee45 25 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeeGee45 Click to send private message to GeeGee45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly update info"
Her call at that time was somewhat genuine because we were emailing during her stay in the SO and talked about re-building our relationship. However, when she returned home her anger towards our family (Mom,Dad,Brother and Me) was too much for her to handle. She talks to our Mom periodically.

00fun 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 00fun Click to send private message to 00fun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly update info"
Okay, I just went to Jokers and Kelly's friend just posted this, apparently she had lunch today with Kelly, Christie and Jill.

Christie is a HOTTIE!
That's all I have to say about that.

Sweet, sweet person.

Jill's funny as hell. They both look GREAT!

First thing out of their mouths "So you're the one that posted Kelly's e-mails, huh?" I was embarassed, to say the least. "But Kelly said it was coooool!!" <-- me to them.

Lunch was great - They're both sweet ladies - And I'll be doing *two* DVD presentations this week. One for Jill & one for Christie. Yay!

And *possibly" doing some photos for Christie. <crossing fingers>

Now it sounds to me like Christie is taking more photo's for he portfolio so she can "try" to be a model...WTF

What happened to that idea that she didn't have the passion to be a model.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly update info"
This person sounds like a fake to me. jmo

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kelly update info"
When asked the purpose of the "highlight" DVD's, this was the response the friend posted:

"They are doing some speeches/tours soon and they want a reel that captures their time in the house. Jill also wants it as an audition type of thing when she's looking for other Hollywood type work. And she also wants to put it up on her website. They both gave/lent me 5 DVDs each from the show, and I'm editing them and putting them together in a nice 3 minute showcase. I'll be fixing Christie's myspace account soon as well. "Make it look cool."
------------------------------------------------------------
Just a few thoughts on this whole thing:

Christie: I guess she still believes she needs photos for her budding "modeling" career. Didn't she watch herself on TV? Hasn't she seen footage of her @ss? The "friend" has his work cut out for him...trying to find instances of Christie doing anything other than sitting around looking bored.

Jill: Oh, this is one huge eyeroll. Still dreaming of more "Hollywood" gigs. And she wants to have the DVD on her website, also? I'm guessing, FOR SALE on her website. Jill, ever heard of a JOB? She will be trying to milk her SO appearance for the rest of her life.

Kelly: Hello! Studying to be an X-ray technician is not "sharpening your skills in the medical field". A lot of people use the "medical" term incorrectly. A DOCTOR---MD is in the medical field. Anyone else doing anything health-related is in the PARAMEDICAL field, (para=around, paramedical=working around those in the medical field.) even though they are not "paramedics" in the sense of being EMT's. Best of all is simply to say "healthcare" field. (I don't mean this to devalue what these people do, just arguing wording.)

med·i·cal adj.
1. Of or relating to the study or practice of medicine.
2. Requiring treatment by medicine.

par·a·med·i·cal adj.
Of, relating to, or being a person trained to give emergency medical treatment or assist medical professionals.

Just what the healthcare field needs...someone as "caring" as Kelly. <eyeroll> I can imagine Kelly telling someone who ticked her off with some perceived slight, "Well, I heard the doctors talkin' about yer X_ray. We think ya got CANCER!!" just to get them anxious.

Hope junior college wasn't too hard for Kelly...she doesn't seem too bright.

04-20-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvfun Click to send private message to tvfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kelly update info"
"Jill also wants it as an audition type of thing when she's looking for other Hollywood type work"

When is this girl going to get a CLUE! My God, is she that clueless, that she actually thinks having a reel with her in the SO house is going to get her acting jobs? Geesh!!!

She doesn't even drive! I think she needs to focus on her health issues FIRST! Than get a real job so she can earn money to buy a car....than she needs to get to the gym and lose 50 1bs so she no longer waddles around out of breath. My God Jill what are you thinking....give it up, your living in a FANTASY.

And Christie...is SHE that clueless to actually believe that she is going to get modeling work..even to be a full figured model her body needs to be in PROPORTION ... her a$$ is way out of whack with the rest of her body...and I don't think she is that pretty...and she doesn't have the personality in front of the camera...she can't even be relaxed..and she can't EVEN SMILE...wtf is that.

SO really did a disservice to these women.

And what happened to Kelly's dream to own her own restaurant?

JMO

04-23-06, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kelly update info"
Hey, Snowflake! Just curious. Would Registered Nurses be considered in the medical field or paramedical. I'm asking because my mom is a hospice nurse and my sister manages women's health care in a hospital (she worked her way up through the ranks starting out as a labor/delivery nurse). BTW - she worked in a teaching hospital for a number of years and was partially responsible for the education of a number of young ob/gyn's. They liked her so much that they always invited her to their annual fancy/schmancy dinner.

I never even thought about this in the terms you describe. Thanks for the clarification.

msbehavin 69 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msbehavin Click to send private message to msbehavin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kelly update info"
How can Kelly expect to feel "at rest" in a hospital environment, anyway? Aren't hospitals full of "weak" people?

crone 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crone Click to send private message to crone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kelly update info"
She's working on her rage, NOT anger. That hair pulling and nervous crying, etc. is a silent cry for help. It's hard to get next to her, because rage as a tool keeps everyone at a distance. Can't you see the obvious signs, e.g., the bald spot on her head, the nervous twitches! Give the woman a break! Look up nervosa alopahsia. Open your eyes. Are you really as insensitive as you sound or simply very naïve? Also, what is wrong with ANY type of education??? Any betterment, is to be honored. Maybe you should try some in the humanities.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "WARNING - crone"
You must be naive if you think we're going to let you get away with bashing a fellow poster for holding an opinion. It's a violation of our guidelines and our FAQ list, which it appears you've either not read or ignored.

BeeBe 41 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeeBe Click to send private message to BeeBe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WARNING - crone"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-06 AT 01:06 AM (EST)

I thought Kelly was working on rage too, not mere anger. But her rage hurts others, and so, even if I can sympathize with Kelly's inability to feel happiness and control her negativity, my sympathy stops where she bullies or hurts or ostracizes someone else. If she really has shut her extended family out since leaving the House, and if her phone apology to her sister was meaningless, then maybe Kelly isn't "working" so hard on her rage after all.

Oops, should have been under Kelly update caption! Sorry!!

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-22-06, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WARNING - crone"
Oh, somebody stop this insanity already!

Jill & Christie...have they been on tour while their "episodes" were airing? Too busy with LA lunches, managers, agencies, and photographers to grab an eyeful of how they played before the general public? Here's a newsflash: They may be lovely women who were sliced and diced beyond recognition by an editing team who were more concerned with the finished product than showcasing either of them in a positive light, but, neither of them are getting any younger, and the time has come to get serious. Neither of them are in the 20's, and neither of them will be remembered past the demise of SO.

I was sure Christie learned her lesson with that disaster of a modeling shoot. Didn't Andie Page, a former model, make it reasonably clear that Christie did not have what it takes - oh, what does Andie know? She was only signed with Wilhemina, NY. If there was a scintilla of a chance that Christie was marketable, the photographer would have said that she was incredibly raw, but had potential. But apparently Christie is going to ignore the advice of people who work in that industry, an industry that is so pressurized and often painful beyond belief, and try to sell the decision-makers on her presence in front of the camera. If by some miracle, anyone approaches Christie offering her representation, it is doubtful that they will ever have a casting of any value to send her to. If they do, well, she'll take a look at the competition and flee in tears. I am deadly serious. Christie will be lied to by vultures that live off of her brand of naievete, and when they have extracted her last dollar, they will "release" her from her contract. All she'll have left is a bunch of mediocre photographs of herself that will probably be too weird to even display, and perhaps a renewed addiction to whatever substance dulls her pain. It is not an industry for the weak, the insecure, or those prone to chemical dependency. And it's not an industry to think you can penetrate because you were "featured" for 8 weeks on a failing in the ratings reality show. Besides that, what Christie wants is fame. Even a successful, working model remains relatively anonymous outside of the industry. The super-models with names we all know have parlayed their skills into other areas (actress, spokesperson, etc.). They are older, and they have spent years paying their dues. None of them have had "overnight success". Maybe Christie wants to do commercials? Not with a flat, nasal-toned voice.

And Jill? Why do I feel like she should know better? I thought it was all about radio for Jill. And now it's more Hollywood gigs she wants? She has got to be kidding...what parts will she be auditioning for? Or perhaps, she's fulfilling her call to "educate, enlighten, and entertain". I know, her own talk show! Yes, she had a bit of charisma, but after a few weeks, it was flat, stale, and frankly, obnoxious. Her struggle to gain control was not that spellbinding. Has she seen herself move? Does she think that her mysterious and chronic health problems haven't been broadcast across the country? That's enough to end it before it begins. And I have to believe that she is sending out - to whom I don't know - just a DVD of clips from the SO show. A reel would include 5-10 minutes of her best work from various shows or films.

I begrudge no one the right to follow their dreams. But there is a certain indignation I feel when I watch a couple of life-coaches tell these ill-prepared women that the sky is the limit. It's not true, ladies. There are limits everywhere. You have one woman fresh out of rehab who couldn't deal with three women drinking in the SO house without turning it into an inquisition because drinking didn't "support" her, but suddenly she's toying with the idea of living in a very hot spotlight? You have another woman who sat in the office of a medical benefits specialist trying to figure out how the state of California could absorb her considerable medical costs. But that same woman feels strong enough and healthy enough to put together a reel to submit for other "Hollywood gigs"? If she's feeling that empowered, why not get a JOB so that those financial resources can be disbursed to the people who are in desperate need of health care.

Kelly? Good luck to her. At least she has a work ethic that requires getting up in the morning and paying taxes.

Life has never been this real. In your dreams.

BeeBe 41 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeeBe Click to send private message to BeeBe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: kelly update info"
HAHAHAHA! Seriously funny! OK, I did think the reason that they sent Christie on her "modeling" job was to show her that she does NOT have what it takes, that there's a lot more to modeling than she thought, and that if she had been planning to hack up her body again in the quest for model-worthy beauty, she might want to reconsider that if she found out that she hated the modeling experience. And since Christie looked like a deer in the headlights the entire time of the shoot, I thought she DID hate it. But yeah, her looks are all wrong for modeling, plus-sized or otherwise, and maybe they thought if she gave up on modeling based on her experience during that shoot, no one would ever have to tell her how wrong her looks are.

Jill, I don't know what to think about her. They live in this SO fishbowl for a brief period of time and become celebrities to a certain viewing audience, and then they think that celebrity will carry over into the entertainment world. I think they are dead wrong. Their celebrity as SO ladies is for their mental problems and traumatic pasts, not for their talent or any contributions to the universe. So yeah, seriously deluded.

Kelly, well, I know she has a job, but if she did seek fame and fortune, she would first have to put a muzzle on that angry mouth of hers - and I can't see much of a prospect of future success for her in that endeavor.

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: kelly update info"
>Jill, I don't know what to
>think about her. They live
>in this SO fishbowl for
>a brief period of time
>and become celebrities to a
>certain viewing audience, and then
>they think that celebrity will
>carry over into the entertainment
>world. I think they are
>dead wrong. Their celebrity as
>SO ladies is for their
>mental problems and traumatic pasts,
>not for their talent or
>any contributions to the universe.
>So yeah, seriously deluded.
>
I wonder if there is some sort of effect on the mental processes of these ladies when they have cameras in their faces on a daily basis? I mean if I had a camera trained on me from the time I got out of bed in the morning to the time I brushed my teeth for the night, I might start having delusions of grandeur also, perhaps...

Who knows what DAW's lurk in the breasts of SOME women.

Stormchaser 56 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormchaser Click to send private message to Stormchaser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WARNING - crone"
>>Life has never been this real. In your dreams.<<

Seasoned Refinement: Bravo ! The LC's are shameful in encouraging HG's dreams of celebrity. In the short time I've watched SO, Christie, XXXtina and Jill have all expressed a desire for celebrity. I also remember reading about previous HG's desirous of fame. It is both laughable and pitiful.

04-22-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: WARNING - crone"
>>>Life has never been this real. In your dreams.<<
>
>Seasoned Refinement: Bravo ! The
>LC's are shameful in encouraging
>HG's dreams of celebrity.
>In the short time I've
>watched SO, Christie, XXXtina and
>Jill have all expressed a
>desire for celebrity. I
>also remember reading about previous
>HG's desirous of fame.
>It is both laughable and
>pitiful.

Oh, don't forget about AllyScam!

04-22-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: WARNING - crone"
For what it's worth this is something I got from a former poster here who keeps in contact with Jill.

"Anyways, the guy doing the DVD is posting on www.jokersupdates.com. FYI per Jill, he is actually doing this, and did meet with them yesterday. I think he is totally unprofessional doing all that posting about it however. You don't tell what your clients are doing like that, he is just after some glory. All the footage is covered by copyright laws and Bunim-Murray holds the copyrights. The girls can only use it for finding work, they cannot sell any of it. Jill cannot sell it, she could put it on her website, but not sell it unless she gets a release on the copyright, and that is not likely to happen. That doesn't mean she won't sell something else. I think she just wants a sample reel to try to get some TV work, nothing wrong with that."

04-23-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: WARNING - crone"
Thanks for the update, Shari!

This is exactly my point. There is no shortage of people who are willing to feed into this particular dream, no matter how unrealistic the dream may be. But somewhere there is going to be a payment expected. So this guy wants everyone to know that he did this work as a favor...very nice.

Jill is trying to get some TV work. She appeared on a nationally syndicated television show for eight weeks - that's a pretty extensive audition. During that time, she was surrounded by industry people. Were any of them - or anyone who saw her on television - impressed enough with her screen appeal to make contact with her? Mr. Murray, the producer, must have a few names of legit agents or managers he could have passed Jill's name to. But it doesn't look like that happened, or Jill wouldn't still be calling the shots. Besides that, there are usually plenty of people on set who are working on other independent projects, or who have legitimate connections of their own. Jill was exposed to those people as well.

There are many bonafide performers, SAG members, who do use these services to format their film/tv roles onto a reel - but not many of them are relying on those services being free, or being gabbed about on internet sites.

If this man is to be believed, he is doing this work for Jill gratis - and since she is NOT paying him for it, she doesn't really have a "client's" recourse in firing him, or even chastising him for being unprofessional and posting this info online.

Call me a realist, but I just don't think there's a short cut to stardom (the quickest shortcut is being born into it). Even if you have well-known and respected people backing you, it just isn't that easy - it's a slippery road to travel. I don't believe a novice can navigate it alone. And that's my problem with the SO experience: they breathe life into expectations that take talent, health, time, tenacity, dedication, energy, money, transportation, and resilience - not to mention the ability to suck it up and not shoot off your mouth when someone rubs you the wrong way or doesn't agree with your "vision" (even Iyanla - after authoring several books and doing the talk show circuit - has allegedly suffered significant career set backs because of her unwillingness to yield to the opinions of heavyweights).

So, I'm assuming that Jill is shopping for an agent, so I guess the SO highlights DVD may be expedient in that regard. I don't know how she's marketing herself, but, IMO, it won't matter anyway. More importantly, what is she doing to support herself? Unless the radio job Iyanla set her up with became at least P/T work, how does she plan to finance her goal...or her life?

BTW - Thanks SF for the "paramedical" definition. I honestly did not know that technically, only physicians were in the medical field.

I think Kelly is trying to better herself with the career change. Actually, waitressing is HARD work, and your income can depend largely on how efficient and pleasant you are to customers. Now efficient, Kelly may have that down. But pleasant? Well, that's something I have more trouble seeing. LOL

04-23-06, 01:43 AM (EST)
20. "Kelly update"
I agree with you that these women have been disillusioned by SO as to their real worth to the public.

Jill could have a future in her chosen field of radio if she would just slow down and focus on that rather than all the other junk Iyanla fed her.

Kelly could actually be good at her chosen field if she can let things roll off her back a little more. People in pain need someone strong to walk them through what needs to be done and I can really see Kelly being good at that.

Christie, well, I don't know. We all know she's not cut out to be a model and I don't know what she did before coming to SO. I hope she finds something meaningful to do with her life. She could help people with what she has learned if she can figure out how to be a better listener - and I don't mean the life coach route. She could go to school and get a license to counsel and work with people with addictions if she truly gets help with alcohol and pills for herself.

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WARNING - crone"
In retrospect, that is one of the things that sets the housemates from the first season apart from all the others, for me. By and large, you had people that wanted to work. At real jobs and with realistic expectations. The second season was one of transition to what we have now. This season's participants are a totally different type than the first group of the first season. IMO, it is one of the many things that is contributing to the demise and falling ratings the show is experiencing.

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: WARNING - crone"
Seasoned Refinement - really - who are you?
I have never, ever read such well thought out posts. You are so right on, hitting the nail on the head that it scares me!

Oh my gosh, I LOVE reading your posts -- you just say it exactly the way it is.

Good for you.
Thanks for this post!
;o)

04-24-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
23. "RE: WARNING - crone"
Christina,

Hey, thanks so much. I'm truly flattered by your comments. Who am I, really? Oh, I'll never tell..... (insert mysterious music here)

Rhonda and Iyanla could probably each write a book on the how-to's of "making it" in Hollywood. They've both been there. They know the personality type that it takes, and they know the focus that it takes. They also know that a woman who claims to desperately need "the second chance" that SO promises is a woman who has a lot more questions than answers about her life. Encouraging women who have needed that type of emotional and psychological support to suddenly explore the prospects of stardom...well, it's just wrong.

These women were cast on this particular show for a reason: they claimed to be struggling with the ability to just live their lives while mastering their demons and insecurities - we're talking about day-to-day life being a challenge. They weren't cast for Star Search, American Idol, or America's Next Top Whatever: Model, Dancer, Actress, Skater, Comedian, Etc. If they were harboring celeb dreams, then they really needed to apply to one of those talent/semi-reality shows.

janniebabie 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janniebabie Click to send private message to janniebabie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: WARNING - crone"
If Jill is using a DVD to showcase her time in the SO house & get her into Hollywood does that mean that she was acting on SO??? It makes you kinda wonder!! It seems pretty brainless of Jill to think she is going to get an acting job from being on a therapy type show to change & better her life. Just because they let her on tv doesn't mean she knows how to act!! (Proof: Just because they put Christie in front of a camera didn't mean she knew how to model!!) LOL Just my opinion

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Hey gang"
You can change the subject line now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •