The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-03-06, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
I'm posting this here because it could be considered a spoiler since it's regarding present day news.

http://journals.aol.com/jilltracey/JillTraceytotheFullest/

Basically, it's a resume and a plea regarding housing. She's moved to LA and has been living with her cousin.

So, no job, no place of her own to live. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Jill is panicking.

Sad, very sad, to see a houseguest in such dire straights but still under the spell of Iyanla and catchy phrases that sure as heck will never pay her bills or provide a roof. So, she asks for our support--whatever that means.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... snowflake2 02-03-06 1
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Kattrikk 02-04-06 6
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... OklaBlue 02-04-06 2
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... snowflake2 02-04-06 3
       RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... OklaBlue 02-04-06 4
       RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Anne18 02-04-06 5
           RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... asilstar 02-04-06 7
               RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Labyrinth 02-06-06 20
               RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Sahara 02-09-06 25
           RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Catlynn1864 02-04-06 8
               RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... OklaBlue 02-04-06 10
                   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Catlynn1864 02-04-06 12
                   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... DedeV 02-05-06 17
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... SOfan0221 02-04-06 9
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Catlynn1864 02-04-06 11
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... SeasonedRefinement 02-04-06 13
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... maryellennaco 02-04-06 14
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... maryellennaco 02-04-06 15
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... asilstar 02-05-06 16
       RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... lovemydogdude 02-05-06 18
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... snowflake2 02-05-06 19
 RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... whistlin_dixie 02-06-06 21
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Sweeti 02-06-06 22
       RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... lovemydogdude 02-09-06 23
   RE: Jill - 'real time' journal ent... Labyrinth 02-09-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-03-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
tac_2 wrote: <<Sad, very sad, to see a houseguest in such dire straights but still under the spell of Iyanla and catchy phrases that sure as heck will never pay her bills or provide a roof. So, she asks for our support--whatever that means.>>
----------------------------------------------------------

tac, I agree completely with your quote above. Why do so many of these women seem worse off AFTER the SO House than before? It's almost like the only "change" they experience is to have much grander expectations, while still carrying the same old "baggage". So the only thing SO did for Jill was to give her a bit of name recognition to make these pleas to a wider group of people?

I am very confused about some things...

---I thought Jill's website originally led us to believe that she HAD SECURED a radio job in California after graduation?

---If Jill has sooo many years of being in hot demand as a "relatively well-known media diva" (this is the way she referred to herself on her website) why is it so very hard for her to find work?

---If Jill is in LA hangin' with Tyrese, Nate Dogg, and Eddie Murphy, (see following article)

http://www.blacktalentnews.com/artman/publish/article_346.shtml

why must she beg for a job and an apartment on an aol blog???

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-04-06, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"

>---If Jill has sooo many years
>of being in hot demand
>as a "relatively well-known media
>diva" (this is the way
>she referred to herself on
>her website) why is it
>so very hard for her
>to find work?

These were my thoughts exactly. I am a firm believer in tooting your own horn when looking/applying for work because no one else is going to do it for you. But, come on. This, to me, seems more like a 'I am so talented and will do anything in radio, but xyz is my preference' when really what she wants is MTV or VHI or something of those likes to call her and make her the next host of TRL. Know what I mean? It's like the intention is worded so nicely but I suspect the motive is to get what she REALLY wants, which isn't to host a radio show sharing inspiration with other women. And this is purely a judgement on my part.

As for her 2bd/2bth house in LA that she can afford? Good luck darlin'. Umm, this is the prob with SOH being in LA. The girls all want to live there and it's not realistic financially. In fact, one poster a while ago in a different forum had the opinion that it seemed a lot like running away from the life that they went to SO to make positive changes in.

With no job, and being out of the habit of paying rent for so long, I don't see how on earth she is going to afford a house for at LEAST $2000.00 per month. Maybe the second bedroom is for a roommate? Still... not an easy transition to make.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Finally a confirmation on what we have been saying for months!
In that blog, Jill admits: "This is my first journal entry in real time...I have been writing in TV time because, well I did sign a contract!"

Thank you Jill for the honesty!

She seems to be looking for leads. To get another job in radio, she would need to have her demo tape, find a station with similar format, and find a station that has an opening. Not that easy. But she has a diverse background. She should be able to find something. I wish her luck. She asks for prayers also.

02-04-06, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
OklaBlue, that's another thing I don't understand...if she has been writing in TV time because of the contract, well...technically, her episodes haven't finished airing yet, so what should be the difference between the conditions on THIS journal entry and all the past ones? It isn't like she's a PAST houseguest yet.

02-04-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Only Jill knows! Maybe she had to wait a period of time after actually leaving the show, which she probably did a while ago. ???

Anne18 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-04-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Anne18 Click to send private message to Anne18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 01:03 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-04-06 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

Everyone,

Count me in as confused also! I just don't get also why Jill is 35, 40, and 41 - mentioned on SO a few days ago!! I like Jill and hope she finds something that she loves to do for a career.

Thanks to Tac_2 for the information on Jill.

Anne

asilstar 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-04-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asilstar Click to send private message to asilstar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Jill says"they shoot 50 hrs. a day of tape" There is only 24 hrs in a day. She also asks" our support". Is that financial or moral?
Just asking....

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
I think what Jill meant was 50 hours of tape is shot A WEEK - of that we may see 8 hours or less of that tape.

Basically figure that the cameras are following them around for a 40 hour work week. The editors cut and edit, choose the juiciest bits and throw the rest away. I agree with Jill and the other SO HG's that we are not seeing the "full picture" of what goes on with the dynamics of the house. No one here should be surprised by that considering the uncompleted storylines, the fights that end up going no where, and the lack of cohesiveness in the "therapy" the LC's offer.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
I think they probably do shoot 50 hrs. of tape a day, because there are several cameras going simultaneously. When you add it all together, there may be 50 hrs. of footage.

Catlynn1864 227 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Catlynn1864 Click to send private message to Catlynn1864 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
I think the SO age of 40 is correct. However, that also makes the 41 correct too. She has had a birthday while in the house.

It was just before Allison's birthday and a day or so before the infamous TJ 'support' dinner Allison worked so hard on.

02-04-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
By the way, on her MySpace site, Jill says she is a Virgo, so her birthday would be around September, right? DId she have a party?

02-04-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Catlynn1864 Click to send private message to Catlynn1864 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Yes, I think her cousins and her 'best' friend were there.

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-05-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
In her court case she mentioned 1964, which would make her 42 sometime this year.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-04-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Hey Tac_2, thanks for the link.

I really like Jill and so wish her the very best. I hope she can find what she is looking for although I hear CA is pretty pricey to live in especially if you want to own your own home.

I was reading some of her other entries (in fact I put the link in my favorites) and the one where she was discussing her trial was pretty interesting. She was talking about how much Della Reese and her mother look similar - which I also thought the same. And she said that her uncle Hootchie used to date Della and she would have liked to talk to Della about it but the time or setting wasn't right. I thought that was pretty interesting.

She also has an entry about her dealings with Kim. She said that she had apologized to Kim but Kim was stuck in the 'we don't like her mode'. Those obviously are things we don't see on SO.

02-04-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
If it's real what she is asking for are contacts. As far as I can tell that is still the best way to find informaton on jobs and housing. It didn't sound any more desperate than anyone else asking for information.

The 'this is my first real time posting' is false. She had a real time posting for Jan. 1.

I missed it, when did Jill say that she designed clothes and owned a boutique?

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
asilstar,

It's possible to have 50 hours/day of tape. Remember, there are the stationery cameras that run all over the house, in addition to the shots the mobile camera crew gets. Actually, it is possible that there are several mobile crews shooting in different places at the same time. I guess when you add up all the daily footage, you do have more than 24 hrs. each day.

I guess we'll see what happens with Jill. She'll need more than a few parties to get where she's going (but hey, it's not a bad start!) I can understand these women wanting to stay in sunny California (who wants to go back to the day to day grind after the SO "experience" if they don't have a husband, children, or home to return to?). I think the ladies tend to forget that Iyanla, Rhonda, and Dr. Stan all make more than enough money to live very comfortably in LA (or anywhere they choose, for that matter). From what I understand, it is sort of like NYC...most people live one of three ways: rich, poor, or rent controlled.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Thank you tac_2, for the link to Jill's shout to the universe! I think she's gonna need to shout a little louder to find that "2BR,2BA house with a 1)good view, 2)hardwood floors and most importantly 3) affordable.... in Los Angeles?? Hello?? Maybe she needs to hook up with Allushson to get a mean speaking engagement agent?? WTF, man, that IV really gets those chicks to think they can do all this stuff in LA, AND have a job that is PERFECT... How crazy is this, really?? Could ONE of them actually go on with their lives and not want to LIVE LARGE in 2006??? Yowza! Keep on shouting, Jill! Luv ya, mean it!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-06, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Just one more thing, wasn't Jill supposed to be recuperating from surgery at her cousin's house?? I thought she mentioned something about "getting ready for surgery" in the journal entry. Why does she keep putting this off?? And BTW, SNOWFLAKE, your signature now is ssoooooo cute!!! You are a clever computer operator!!

asilstar 48 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asilstar Click to send private message to asilstar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Thank You Seasoned,I really don't know how it works,I can barely work my DVD....

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Interesting thread. Seems like Jill had made real time entries until about the same time TJ's graduation photo made an early appearance..do you think SO finally caught onto this and put a stop to it?

As far as Jills age discrepancy goes an earlier thread discussed how she might be entering the age that she feels her voice can represent.

As far as the 50hour/day issue is it possible that they tape for 50 hours before they air ONE day at SOH? The HG's would have to wear the same clothes for 2 days to make it appear all in the same day, etc... LOL I doubt this is the case but wouldn't put it past them this season.

And lastly, the girls all moving to LA seems like they do it to stay near one another, as well as the SO house staff. I've done some reading i.e. myspace guy that seems like he used to be a cameraman or writer or something, in reviewing his blogs it seems SOH has parties and the staff do things like "walk for cancer" and the HG's also participate. By staying there they are remaining connected to the house and the illusion of continued fame.

02-05-06, 07:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"

maryellennaco...thanks!

whistlin_dixie 28 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail whistlin_dixie Click to send private message to whistlin_dixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
How is it that Jill is still walking around with A 40 POUND TUMOR!!! I am not a doctor but I can't see how this is a healthy way to deal with her serious medical problem. I have known women who have had much smaller benign tumors and cysts and they have been removed IMMEDIATELY!! Her biggest concern is a "sunny house with hardwood floors"!!! Come on she's carrying
around the equivalent of quadruplets or more! If you don't have your health you can't enjoy anything. I know she is scared but nothing else is more important than this.

Beauty fades...Dumb is forever

Sweeti 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-06-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweeti Click to send private message to Sweeti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
as for her tumor she is waiting to have health insurence to cover the $$$. her website claims she is a DJ on a jazz radio station.. or it did last time i was there! poor her at least shes trying to get her life in order on her own!

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
If I remember right she did find out about a program that would cover the costs of her surgery but was told she should wait in order to lose some more weight and quit smoking first.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jill - 'real time' journal entry"
Unlike your average woman, Jill has health issues such as suffering a stroke that left her blind in one eye. She is severely overweight and smokes. Any of these factors would make surgery a life threatening experience.

One doctor (sponsored by SO) told her to have the surgery "right away." Perhaps SO was hoping to film it? Seriously.

Second doctor, that Jill selected for another opinion said that she needed to lose weight before proceeding.

In a later ep, the SO funded doctor told Jill that they could do some estrogen treatment first that would perhaps shrink the tumor also.

If I was Jill I sure wouldn't rush to go under the knife. Also, she is doing well on her weight loss (on tv anyway) and hopefully, if she was able to continue that outside the house she can increase her chances for a successful surgery.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •