The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rate-a-Twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 2557 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-23-18, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rate-a-Twist"
People who know me won't be surprised to read that I think the latest BB twist is lame...but exactly how lame is it? The lamest twists I've witnessed all came in Survivor and here's how I'd rank them:

4- Redemption Island: It was clearly designed to make sure Boston Rob and Russell would last a few episodes into the season but it didn't really interfere with the game's outcome so I didn't really mind it. Just found it boring.

3- The Green Bottle twist: In Cook Islands, the losing team suddenly had to eliminate TWO players instead of one. It was bad enough that the twist could only hurt the team that had a numerical advantage, the worst part is the feeling it gave that the bottle twist would have been different if Aitu had lost. I really believe their message would have read: You don't have to vote out anyone because we are now Merged!

2- The Fire challenge: THe Final 4 immunity winner got to pick one person to take to the end but instead of voting out one player, they had the other two fight it out in a fire challenge. That dumb twist gave the game to Ben when he should have been voted out at 4.

1- The surprise Final 3: Not only is the Final 3 an abomination in itself but to tell the players about that twist when they were down to 4 players like they did in Cook Islands ranked as the dumbest...until now!

The new Worst.Twist.Ever is BB's asinine idea of letting the Final 4 HoH pick the last two evictees.

I mean, I can understand Survivor's Final 3 twist and the Fire Challenge: Both were designed to prevent taking a goat to the end. Here, we have the complete opposite: It guarantees a goat's free ride to the end!?!? How dumb can that be?

Omorosa is the safest player we've ever had because who would want to vote her out now? Unless, they don't really want to win. That's the only thing that could save us from production's stupidity. Since these people aren't exactly struggling in life, they could decide to go to the end with the most deserving player but that wouldn't really be playing the game.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-24-18 1
   RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-24-18 2
       RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-24-18 3
           RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-24-18 4
               RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-25-18 5
                   RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-25-18 7
                       RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-25-18 9
                           RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-25-18 11
                               RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-28-18 13
                                   RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-28-18 16
 RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-25-18 6
   RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-25-18 8
       RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-25-18 10
           RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-25-18 12
               RE: Rate-a-Twist Aruba 02-28-18 14
                   RE: Rate-a-Twist michel2 02-28-18 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2739 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-18, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
I haven’t watch the last few episodes so officially out of loop for this weekend’s season Finale. Based on the mentioned twist, it’s just as well.

With another installment of Survivor kicking off this Wednesday, I like your post.

Since we won’t be bantering over this weekend’s wrap-up of Celebrity BB, here is my ranking of the worst CBS twists...and yes, they all appeared on Survivor.

5) EXILE ISLAND – Starting off with four tribes of four players. I’m not a fan of the three tribes of six, so this twist has to make my list. How could Production not realize this was a horrible twist??? With only four players attending the very first TC, it allowed the two weakest pathetically inept castaways to bond together and target the strongest tribemate. This essentially forces the “swing” vote fourth castaway in the tribe to make it a 3-1 majority. The alternative would be to side with the non-weakling and force a tie...only to have THAT PERSON and another draw rocks and put themselves in a 50-50 shot of going home on Day Three! We’ve had many idiotic boobs casted, but NO ONE would be stupid enough to do that on Day Three!

When this scenario did play out, Production must have known they laid an egg. No sooner than the sun rose the morning after that first TC, all players got together to establish the conventional two-tribe format. We’ve never seen a season start with this twist since, and I’ll “go out on a limb” and say we’ll (thankfully) never see it again.

4) PALAU – Ironically one of my favorite seasons of all-time started off with one of the worst twists ever. Schoolyard pick on Day One ending the season for two players before the game really took off. Yeah, I know the game “officially” starts the first minute Jeff yells, “Survivors ready?” And I get you only have one time to make a first impression...Yadda...Yadda...Yadda...Blah...Blah...Blah...
But Survivor is structured to be 39-day marathon testing one’s physical, emotional, and social skills over a long haul. For Jonathan and Wanda being forced to step on a boat taking them back after what probably was only a couple hours of a “social sprint” was sad. And S10 was still early enough when most (if not all) selected to participate in a season were subjected to a rigorous drawn-out selection process...unlike today when most are recruited from modeling agencies or scraped off the cover of a GQ magazine. It had to make the quick finality for these two even a tougher pill to swallow.

3) ONE WORLD – The finder of the first HII had to give it to someone on the other tribe! There was absolutely, positively NO WAY anyone OTHER than Colton gets that HII REGARDLESS who found it on the women’s tribe. What it essential did was give this casting debacle a loaded gun to “Nicolas Cruz” his way through the male tribe and set the Anti-Darwin Syndrome in motion.
In the end, Kim was a deserving winner and probably holds her own even if the male tribe was not desimated due to this twist; but allowing Colton possession of this “loaded gun” made the path a whole lot easier for a female end game and pretty much guaranteed a female winner.

2) CHINA’S Kidnap Twist. I don’t recall what day, but definitely within the first half of the season, both tribes were allowed to “kidnap” two castaways from the opposing tribe. Perhaps I could give Production the benefit of the doubt and presume they thought up this twist to allow a weaker tribe to kidnap the challenge MVPs from the opposition and establish some equality to prevent any possible post-merge pagonging? AHHHH, the best laid plans of mice and men...

What actually occurred was two strong players being thrown into a majority of weaker more pathetic players setting themselves up to be Anti-Darwined out of the game. How so? By the weaklings pathetically throwing a challenge. Aaron was unfairly screwed over by this twist. I can only think of one other castaway screwed over more by a twist. Which brings us to my #1...

1) MARQUESAS – Survivor fans first taste of the dreaded “rock-drawing.” Although it’s been done since, it is the ONLY time it was used for the FINAL FOUR! What a horribly unfair position for Paschal...talk about being pressed between a rock and a hard place. If he draws a rock, he still has a 67% chance of staying in the game, good chance to win the Final IC and favored to win the season. To prevent the rock-drawing, he must turn on his closest ally, Neleh...his “adopted daughter” in the game. Such a turn would NOT be looked upon favorably by enough of the Jurors to give him a hellava lot less than a 67% chance of winning the season. So, he plays the percentages and the player who never received a single vote all season gets shafted in the end. A travesty to say the least making this IMO the worst twist ever.

I get some who are not fans of the fire-building F4 tiebreaker, but a much better option than how Paschal unfortunately met his fate.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-24-18, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
I think we should move this thread over to the other Bashers!!

Regarding your numero uno, all Paschal had to do was write Neleh's name and he was safely in the F3. Unlike you, I think he would have beaten Vee in the vote. The Latest Fire challenge saved someone whose game was over.

I see your twist are generally early in the game while I have more game ending twist on my "hate list". In Palau, I've always said that it was better for Jonathan and Wanda to make it to the island than to be cut last during casting. Anyway, neither stood a chance to win that season so who cares?

As for Exile Island, I think Tina was so much out of it mentally that she would have been the first one voted out of her tribe no matter the format. Survivor would have been so much poorer if we hadn't gotten to know Cirie.

And Colton's idol had zero impact on the game so who cares really?

02-24-18, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
Hey there! Yes, it should be in the Survivor Bashers forum, but I don’t have the foggiest idea how to move it there...and it’s not like we have a slew of other posters who may take offense to it being in this forum. HaHa!

Obviously, if Paschal severs his bond with Neleh and writes her name down, he’s in the F3. But I stand by my hypothetical prediction that he would have come up short in the final vote as a result of this action regardless who he sat next to. Just the fact that twist put him in that position was horrible.

Before the F4 fire-building twist even came to fruition, Ben was saved by all the others in the end game allowing him to keep finding the idols. We even saw one of his finds in the early morning hours WHEN EVERYONE WAS FRIGGIN’ ASLEEP!!! REALLY??? As beautiful Desi so accurately and appropriately stated at FTC...”Shame on you all.”

In Palau, NO ONE stood a chance against the most perfect castaway ever to play Survivor, but that does not take away from the horrible twist of denying Jonathan and Wanda a fighting chance.

If Tina was “so much mentally out of it” as you claim, perhaps she doesn’t make it through the 39-day grind...but absolutely no way in a two-tribe format she would have been the first voted out. Especially if she was casted on Terry’s tribe as a physically competitive woman. I guess every couch potato in the world was eager to anoint Cirie as their poster child of Survivor. Hey, God bless you all. Although personally I would qualify as the most polar opposite of a coach potato, so without that Exile Island twist it would have been good riddance from my perspective.

To say Colton's possession of the HII that was plopped in his lap had ZERO IMPACT is beyond WOW!!! Absolutely no way Colton makes it to the tribal switch without that gift. Just the fact someone like him was able to last longer in the game with that idol is more than enough to rank that as a horrible twist. Regardless what you think, it did impact the male tribe.

02-24-18, 08:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-18 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

OK, I'll play ball here then.

In Marquesas, at least, Probst admitted production made a mistake. That's why they've never gone to rocks at F4. So it isn't as much a stupid twist as a stupid mistake.

Like I wrote, players are asked to go to confessionals alone and no one is allowed to follow them or wait in the vicinity of the confessional spot so trying to prevent someone from looking alone is futile. Ben's game was OVER. Production GAVE him the title. Nothing else matters.

Jonathan and Wanda each had a chance at winning immunity and then still had 8 out of 9 chances of being picked. They weren't denied anything. Caryn picked Willard over Jonathan because she wanted to have someone lower on the totem pole than herself. Wanda irritated everyone.

Tina had just lost her son so her head wasn't in the game at all. For all we know she could have tried to control Terry's tribe just like she did with the women's and how do you think that would have worked out for her? And it's not the couch potato we admire in Cirie, it's her extraordinary sense of humor and unparralleled game saviness.

It is a fact that Colton never played his idol, so it's impact is minimal at best. The young guys, the roosters, were really obnoxious and in the minority so I believe that, yes, Colton survives the first TC and makes it to the swap with or without that idol.

How about my other dumb twists? No comments? I'm surprised. The F3 should rank #1 for every purist. And the way it was spung in CI was an abomination.

02-25-18, 01:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
STUPID “twist”...STUPID “mistake”...STUPID decision...
Means all the same to me. I’m not going to get bogged down with specific verbiage here. It all adds up to one common denominator...STUPID Production!

Actually, if Production itself ends up admitting to the absurdity or stupidity of the twist...decision...mistake...YADDA...YADDA...YADDA...that’s all the more reason to place it higher in my ranking.

You have no proof whatsoever all of Ben’s HII finds were tied into his confessionals. Assumptions based on spinology and fan fiction. What we do know is at least one of his finds was when everyone else was getting their beauty sleep...Inexcusable! If it was only ONE other castaway who had concerns about Ben and the onus was only on him or herself to shadow him 24/7, then I get it. But there were three or four OTHERS also ganging up on Ben. They could have taken shifts in the controlled and marked-off area to ensure Ben did not have a decent amount of time to himself.

Listen, Desi played the game for over 20 days...that’s more than half a season. You’re telling me she wasn’t privy to the confessional time every castaway was allotted??? Of course, she was. And even with this knowledge she STILL appropriately and accurately chastised those at FTC for this inexcusable blunder.

You’re spot on why Caryn picked pathetic Willard over Jonathan. Yet another victim of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome; so that in itself should be understandable why I would rank that twist on MY list. Wanda was a wackadoddle, but make no mistake, if you put her zaniness and wackiness into a beautiful body like Stephanie’s or an athletic body like Jolanda’s, NO WAY NO HOW she’d be left standing and told to board the boat ending her game.

Her couch potato status to being able to advance in the game (even if it was mostly due to the accurate presumption of being an inept non-threat) is the EXACT angle production used to portray Cirie.

So, because the idol was not played it’s “impact was minimal at best???” Of all your comments, that is the one I disagree with the most. I’m not going to waste my time rattling off all the scenarios from prior seasons where a non-played idol was able to pack even a greater punch than if it was initially played upon its finding...Colton’s being one of many perfect examples.

OK, a burglar comes into my home and demands I hand over my money and expensive possessions pointing a loaded gun at my head. I comply and he goes off with the stolen property. So, because he didn’t actually pull the trigger and blow my brains out, the “impact was minimal at best!” *SNORT*

Honestly, I was not ignoring your list. I’ve been meaning to respond in a separate post. Sit tight...one will follow.

02-25-18, 03:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
I certainly agree with you that the Rocks pick in Marquesas was proof of production's stupidity but Paschal had an easy way out. My list of worse twists have no easy way out. Yes, Devon could have beaten Ben in the fire challenge but it was never going to be easy.

By the way, I'm not saying that Ben's idol finds were tied in to his confessionals (although you have to admit that nothing prevented production from holding said confessionals just steps away from the hiding spot!) but since those confessionals allowed Ben free time then following him when they could would have been useless. He HAD free time so he would use it if needed.

I could say that Jonathan is the ONLY example of Anti-Darwin syndrome we've ever seen but still, Caryn was smart enough to see how this twsit could favor her so she was smart and that earned her 5th place money ($60 000 or thereabouts which is not bad for 2 months work)

Cirie advanced in the game because she is an extremely smart player. She had a F3 with Aras and Shane and another one with Bruce and Danielle and neither knew about the other.

As for Colton's idol, I'm saying that the "Misfits" alliance would have voted out the "Roosters" even if he didn't have it. THAT idol had minimal impact.

02-25-18, 06:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
Turning on Neleh, which would have been looked upon by enough Jurors as an act of betrayal, is not an “easy way out.” During the early days of Survivor (Marquesas being S4) the prospect of returning for a future season was not a consideration. You were in it for one reason—to WIN! Pascal fought hard for 36/37 days with a cast of players HALF HIS AGE to give himself the inside track for victory. This stupid twist compromised his position for all the reasons I previously stated...that was a true travesty and why it ranks high on my list.

The players allowed Ben a few HII finds, and whereas neither of us can trace a precise timetable for ALL his finds, we know one was found at the break of dawn when everyone else was friggin’ sleeping. That’s one we know could have been prevented and would not have put him in the position to compete for a spot in the F3. You can continue to play up the assumption of post-confessional “free time,” and I’ll continue to play up Desi’s FTC criticism of those who allowed Ben to find the idols.

I’m still trying to decide what has me laughing harder...
- Jonathan (Palau) as the “only” example of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome,
- Not acknowledging the primary reason for Cirie’s advancement was her inept non-threat status,
- Colton’s “loaded gun” HII literally dropped in his lap having “minimal impact.”

My eyes are tearing too much so I’ll have to get back to you...although there’s a good chance we could have a three-way tie. LMAO!

02-25-18, 08:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
At that time, Paschal was very respected by the jury so they would have understood that he had to vote against Neleh. I agree with you though that he was shafted by production. Still, he had full control of his decision.

Yes, Ben found one while they were sleeping but, knowing he'd have free time even if they shadowed him the rest of the time meant that shadowing him at all was useless. I mean, if they could shadow him 24 hours a day then they certainly should have. But if he has 1 or 2 where they simply can't follow him, what good does it do? If Desi was too dumb to understand that then what can I do? Maybe she was reading production's script.

Survivors always have a chance to make social connections so when they are voted out, it's not because of an Anti-Darwin syndrome but because they failed. Jonathan wasn't voted out, he simply wasn't picked so I'll give you that as an example of Anti-Darwinism but not any of the others. Aaron in China could be considered but even he has himself to blame for his failure: He showed he was Fei Long's leader and that he was very aggressive when Jaime visited their camp. If he had been welcoming then maybe Zhan Hu would have worked with him instead of throwing a challenge.

Cirie was running Casaya so she certainly wasn't inept!!!!

Tell me how Colton's idol influenced a single vote. It didn't.

02-28-18, 08:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
Oh yeah...Sure...Paschal had “full control” to allow Production to screw him over and compromise his chances to win as a result. LOL

The other three or four did not have to prevent Ben from finding ALL the idols...they needed to prevent just ONE of his finds that would have prevented the F4 twist. And we all saw with one of them the others were sleeping on the job. Figuratively AND literally.

Hey, if Devon drew the odd rock between Ben and Ryan I would have felt for him in the same manner as Paschal. But he failed to deliver at the tie-breaker...even when he knew the twist BEFORE Ben and had extra time to practice!

More so than individual votes, Colton’s “loaded gun” idol influenced ENTIRE TRIBAL COUNCILS.

Cirie gets by the first TC by virtue of the 4 tribe/4 players $#%@ twist. She advances further in the same manner most weaker inept castaways advance.

Stronger players are targeted and have been Anti-Darwined because of their physical strength and/or challenge prowess. Not fan fiction here; weaker castaways have flat out said so THEMSELVES. Oh, that’s right, they were probably reading from a similar “script” Desi read from...

TURN ME ON DEAD MAN

02-28-18, 11:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
But even with all the idols that Ben found, his game was OVER if production hadn't given him a lifeline. They really had no reason to lose sleep over Ben's idol if the game was a real game, not a gimmick made for ratings.

In One World, Matt, Bill and Monica all leave in the same manner whether Colton has an idol or not.

Strong players with NO alliances are targeted by others. If they rely only on their challenge skills of course they'll get voted out. Should the others just sit down and fold just because one castaway is a superior athlete?

I've always said that Koror, having gained the numbers war, should have eliminated Tom instead of Willard. That wouldn't have been Anti-Darwinism, just smart game play. To say it goes against Darwin's theory is to say that intelligence isn't part of evolution.

Anyway, Darwin never talked about Survival of the strongest but that the best adapted will survive. Rats will often Survive where humans can't. This game is made for rats... and snakes. Not for your idols.

02-25-18, 02:01 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
As promised…

People who know me know I only watch “real” seasons, so I am unable to weigh-in on the Redemption Island twist, but based on your explanation it appears to be a twist that started the season.

I vaguely recall the Bottle Twist in Cook Islands. You even remember the color of the bottle? WOW, props to you! I believe this occurred around the midpoint of the season. From what I remember (and if I’m not correct, I’m sure you’ll be more than eager to set me straight) Jeff told the tribes whoever lost the IC would receive a special message after the losers vote out one of their members at TC. The message indeed stated to vote out another member. I understand the criticism with the harshness of this twist losing TWO members...but guess what...THEY LOST THE CHALLENGE. You don’t want to be victimized by that twist...here’s a concept...DON’T LOSE THE CHALLENGE!

Although, I’m a bit confused with your spinology had Aitu lost the challenge their message would read, “You don't have to vote out anyone because we are now merged.” The message was to be read AFTER the losers vote someone out. And to suggest this “secret message” that everyone would be holding their collective breaths over after voting someone out would merely state, “We have merged,” would be beyond absurd because that is a normal season “twist” BOTH tribes partake in.

My criticism of the HHH F4 fire-building challenge is it gave a FTC golden pass to Ryan for...well...being inept. That is a classic example of “winning by losing...” something that is sadly and unfortunately all too common with Survivor. Whereas it gave Ben an opportunity, HE STILL NEEDED TO STEP UP AND DELIVER. And he had to do it against a hand-picked best remaining player chosen...who even had extra time to practice!! I’ll always be an advocate of a player advancing or winning based on a proactive outcome they needed to ultimately compete for and win.

OK, now you wonder why this Survivor “purist” does not have the F3 ranked #1??? When it was first introduced in Cook Islands I must admit I was actually in favor of it. Here’s why...

As purists, going deep into the roots of the game (namely the first five seasons,) FOUR out of those five initial seasons ended in close final 4-3 votes to crown the Sole Survivor. EPMB must have had a smile on his face wide enough to swallow his ears as everyone sat on the edge of their seats waiting for the seventh and final parchment to be unfolded bringing a dramatic conclusion to the season.

But in SIX of the next seven seasons, the opposite occurred. Two final votes ended in a majority 5-2 tally and FOUR ending in a lopsided 6-1 landslide. Clearly, Production wanted to come up with something to reverse this new anticlimactic trend...so the Final 3 Twist was born.

Yes, I was not thrilled it was sprung like a Jack-in-a-Box to the final Survivors in the 11th hour; but producers for Reality Shows will ALWAYS have an orgasm over any “expect the unexpected” twists in a game that will send shock waves throughout the players. Heck, you even defend the ensuing forced, fake, nauseating embellishment. That will never change.

Love it or hate it; purist or not; it did serve its purpose for Cook Islands. Without this twist and continuing the F2/Seven Jurors format, we would have most certainly had another ho-hum boring 6-1 vote with the winner sitting next to “waste-of-space” Becky. With the F3 twist we not only had two finalists (Yul and Ozzy) either one a satisfying winner IMO, but they managed to turn back the clock to the early “purist” days outcome with a climatic 5-4 final tally.

OK, but that was then; and this is now. It’s safe to say this twist has more than run its course. Heck, in a recent season we watched a F3 Finale when Adam won 10-0-0! So, I say back to the drawing board and go back to the “purist” days when we had close final tallies for the title of Sole Survivor.

02-25-18, 04:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-18 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

Thank you for the well-thought out response, I really appreciate your input.

From your words, it's clear that you see this more as a game show than I. For me, it should be a competition and players should know the general parameters of the competition. How else can they strategize?

Redemption Island was introduced at the start of the game but it allowed players that had been voted out of their tribe to return to the game. There were two re-introduction timepoints: One at the merger the other at the Final 5. In Survivor South Pacific (which I call So Pathetic) Ozzy returned twice to the game and when he came back at F5 (after being voted out twice!) he came within one challenge win away from having a chance to win the game. It would have been an abomination but, surprisingly, he was beaten in a challenge that was practically identical to Cook Islands' Final 5 challenge. That meant we saw Ozzy's torch getting snuffed a 3rd time, the only good thing of So Pathetic!

Yes, some TC were boring but guess what? Some Super Bowls and Stanley Cup Finals were boring also. They've changed rules between seasons but not during them to have unexpected twists! In the late 80s, the AFC was no longer competitive but imagine the outrage if the commisionner had announced prior to the conference Finals that the NFC championship would crown the NFL champion!

The Montreal Canadiens dominated the 50s so much that the NHL changed the powerplay rules: The penalty would end when a goal was scored. The Habs, with Rocket Richard and Jean Béliveau, would at times score 2 or 3 goals during one powerplay! In the 60s the Canadiens dominated again so they eliminated the draft protection and Montreal couldn't have direct access to the 2 top Quebecers anymore. But all those rule changes were done during off-seasons, not during play.

Taking out all conspiracy theory out of the CI Green Bottle twist, you have to admit that voting out 2 players could only hurt Raro. Aitu was down 7-4 so they HAD to win while Raro was more in a prevent defense position. If Raro had won, it wouldn't have made much difference whether they were up 7-3 or 7-2 but for Aitu, being down 6-4 or 5-4 made all the difference in the world.

Yes, the F3 twist gave us a good TC between Ozzy and Yul but those two should have battled it out on the playing field in a Final 3 Immunity Challenge. Production robbed us of that great battle so I'm surprised you, the most challenge-driven poster I've ever met, weren't enraged by the twist. Yul claimed he sandbagged most competitions when he saw that no one else was going to beat Ozzy but in a F3, with his idol finally put out of play, he would have had to fight for it for once. And guess what; a Becky-Ozzy F2 isn't a sure thing. I believe Ozzy wins but I've read many commentators sayig they're certain Becky would have won. Maybe we are wrong and they are right. Unlikely but possible.

Keeping Ryan safe was one major problem with the Fire-challenge twist but Ben's game was OVER. You may call it being proactive but HE didn't deliver, production did. Devon was clearly robbed of the F3. If this goes any further, the Sole Survivor will be crowned by winning a Final 4 Fire-Challenge. That would be the end of this great social experiment. What makes Survivor great is that you have to earn the votes of those you eliminated. Without that rule, the whole game has no interest.

Anyway, as you pointed out, the F3 has also given us duds. And it isn't just now but also back then: In Fiji, the F3 twist gave the money to Earl. In a F2, he would have voted to keep Yau Man over Cassandra to force Dré's hand. That's the way this evil game goes: Smart players eliminate jury threats.

PS. I don't get the meaning of the following: "Heck, you even defend the ensuing forced, fake, nauseating embellishment."

PPS. What do you think of this BB twist? To put you in situation; we have Ariadna, Mark, Ross, Marissa and Omorosa left. This twist kills Marissa's game since she can't win a challenge and everyone thinks she'd be unbeatable in front of the jury. It also forces Ross and Ariadna to win the F4 challenge because they are the next two certain vote winners. Mark would need to see Omorosa voted out at F5 to have a chance but why would anyone eliminate Omorosa? She's the perfect goat.

It makes me wonder if SeeBS agreed to air this celebrity BB ONLY because they had snagged Omorosa. It gave them some juicy info into the Trump WH so I believe that was their main motivation...maybe their ONLY motivation and that's why they rigged the game to keep her up to Finale night.

02-25-18, 07:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
OK, now that you explained the concept of the Redemption Island twist to me, it appears Production was begging for an Ozzy win. If that be the case, I’m pretty stoked that Production did not get what they wished for. HaHa!!

I enjoyed reading your “rule changes” sports analogies. They are all true. As a New Jersey born and bred boy, here’s a few more NHL rules changes after the NJ Devils won three Stanley Cups in eight years.
Removing a red line on the ice to prevent the dumping of the puck and sitting on a one-goal lead with 30-40 minutes left in the game. Or preventing Marty Brodeur’s goaltender’s stick handling to take time off the clock with the inclusion of the trapezoid.

But once again you are making a conspiracy theory assumption that the HHH F4 fire-building twist was thought up “during play.” Did you personally read the script for the HHH season PRIOR to the season premier to verify this twist was not thought up before the season commenced and was decided as a spur-of-the-moment “during play?”

As for the Green Bottle twist, I get your assessment that the twist would affect different teams/players in a different manner. But I’ll continue to stick with my assessment—if you didn’t want the twist to affect you in any manner...WIN THE CHALLENGE!

Had we been deprived a Cook Island F3 IC with Yul and Ozzy competing in a Final IC like in Palau when Tom and Ian fought it out in a 12-hour marathon...then yes, I would have been enraged. But if it was like Gabon, I would have been very happy to be spared a Final IC to determine who between the two could build a ridiculous House-of-Cards faster. *SNORT*

Ben proactively took matters in his own hands and defeated Devon in the fire-building challenge. He delivered. If you contest Devon was “robbed,” then he “robbed” himself by coming up short in the challenge.

Bigoted racism gave Earl the money. Out of the 35 Survivor seasons, Fiji ranks dead last on my list. Consequently, I generally do not spend much time analyzing/discussing this disaster of a season.

As for, "Heck, you even defend the ensuing forced, fake, nauseating embellishment..."
This refers to last HHH season when I bashed on several occasions (mostly Chrissy) the exaggerated reactions to any surprises or twists Jeff mentioned during the game. Allow me to refresh your memory...aka Munch’s reenactment of “The Scream.” Each and every time you defended those actions.

As for the Celebrity BB F4 twist you explained...you used the appropriate word for having the “F4 HOH pick the last two evictees.” ASININE.

But you go on to say, “This twist kills Marissa's game since she can't win a challenge.” Granted I only watched maybe half of the episodes, but I recall Marissa winning a comp. Why couldn’t she win one on Finale night...especially considering the nature of competitions on BB?

Given the situation you laid out for me, it seems this season deserves a Mark/Omarosa Final where no one would give a hoot who takes the title.

02-25-18, 09:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-18 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

I believe production had the idea of the Fire Making challenge for a long time, probably right after Worlds Apart when Mike saved the season by winning that F4 immunity. They probably said: "Never More". Never more would they give the players a chance to eliminate their favorite at F4 and wind up with the horrible F3 that would have been seen with Mike out. They simply didn't need to use it until this season because they had a good story every season since. Well, maybe not in Kâoh Rông but they took care of any bad Final 3 by medically removing Joe at F5. With Ben's story needing help at the F4 they decided it was time to use their special twist.

With the regular rules, Devon was safely in the F3, Ben out. Can you at least admit that?

Yes, Raro could have won the challenge but since they didn't know the twist was coming they hadn't prepared for their best team to be up there for the IC. They had Nate on the bench if I remember because he had played for reward. Aitu had no such problems: They knew they had to win.

Yes, we've had some last final ICs but I still think it should have been settled on the battle field. Final IC should be always endurance.

By dividing the cast into four "races", production made Fiji a racially divisive season. Earl played a great game and deserved the money. Fiji wasn't the best by far but still ranks in the middle of the pack for me because it was damn funny.

In BB, Marissa herself keeps saying she couldn't win a competition unless it was a talking one so that's why I wrote that. Maybe she can win a Mickey Mouse comp but I wouldn't bet on it. By the way, Mark has been stepping up now that we are close to the end so I think I'm rooting for either him, Ariadna or Ross but none have been memorable.

I wouldn't say I defended the Much screams, simply never made a big deal out of them. It amuses me when they try to act according to their scripts. Reality TV stars aren't very good actors.

PS. I'm a bit puzzled by this: "Removing a red line on the ice to prevent the dumping of the puck and sitting on a one-goal lead with 30-40 minutes left in the game..."

Players are still allowed to dump the puck into the opposing zone. The red line was "removed" from consideration when it came to making passes from your own zone. Before, it was only possible to make a pass from your zone to the red line at center ice. A pass couldn't cross two lines. Jacques Lemaire, first with the Canadiens and then with the Devils, killed Hockey with the neutral zone trap which really counted on two line passes being illegal. Nowadays, you can make a pass from your zone all the way to the opponent's blue line, making it easier to beat the trap.

02-28-18, 08:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
With “regular rules...” YADDA...YADDA...

Raro didn’t know the twist was coming...BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

You cannot be serious.
Well, DUH...of course! The object of these Reality Shows is for the players NOT to be privy to twists and to expect the unexpected outside the realm of “regular rules.”

Do you really think Production will hand every castaway a playbook on Day One, or a formalized outline listing the nature of every challenge and any twists for that season???

Actually, based on some of your posts, that’s probably EXACTLY what you believe.

PAUL IS DEAD MAN; MISS HIM, MISS HIM

Yes, the final IC should always be a drawn-out blood and guts endurance test. Sadly, we haven’t seen one of that magnitude since Palau.

Cook Islands was divided into four races. Fiji was divided into two tribes by that idiot woman who picked both tribes. In the end, Earl won the “batting title” in a AA Grapefruit League by virtue of racial bigotry.
Minor League I tell you, MINOR LEAGUE.

If it amuses you when castaways “act according to their scripts,” it amuses me even more when theorists continue to believe...

IIIIIIII BURIIIIIIED PAUUUUUUL

OK, over and out from this BB Forum.
I’ll catch you over on the Survivor Basher Board.

02-28-18, 11:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rate-a-Twist"
When you play a game, you need to know the rules. Timing of swaps and mergers, nature of challenges can be kept secret but how an idol can affect the game, its time limitation and the format of the end game certainly HAVE to be known or else this isn't a real game.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •