The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-12, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP"
Is anyone shocked at the outcome? I'm not. The minute Danielle let Dan talk her into using the veto on him during the F4, the outcome was decided. Not that I'm disappointed that it was Ian that won over Dan. I'm just sick that Dan walked out with any money at all due to his despicable moves. But then again Danielle let Dan walk all over her time and time again so in so many ways it was her own fault.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP Round Robin 09-20-12 1
 RE: IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP michel 09-20-12 2
   Dan had the Opportunity CSHS79 09-21-12 3
       RE: Dan had the Opportunity michel 09-21-12 4
           RE: Dan had the Opportunity Outfrontgirl 09-21-12 5
               RE: Dan had the Opportunity kingfish 09-21-12 6
                   RE: Dan had the Opportunity michel 09-21-12 8
               RE: Dan had the Opportunity michel 09-21-12 7
                   RE: Dan had the Opportunity kingfish 09-22-12 9
                   RE: Dan had the Opportunity DearAbby 09-22-12 10
                       RE: Dan had the Opportunity Outfrontgirl 09-24-12 11
                           RE: Dan had the Opportunity DearAbby 09-24-12 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-20-12, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP"
No shock here. I knew it was game over when hurricane-brain Danielle used the veto on Dan. I knew then that unless Ian did something stupid himself, Danielle had just handed him 500 grand on a silver platter. And Ian was smart enough to keep his destiny in his own hands, so it was over.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-12, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: IAN --BIG BROTHER CHAMP"
You two give way too much importance to Danielle. It was always Dan vs the jury. Had he been able to make his case to the jury, Dan would have won.

The problem was his decision to eliminate Shane: Not only was the move unnecessary but it went against the case that he made to the jury. The other moves were made because he was in trouble but he wasn't in trouble at that point. He should have explained the last move as a proof of his total control on the game. Ian didn't save himself then, it was all Dan. Maybe the jury would have seen it the way Janelle did.

PS. Is there such a thing as a despicable move?

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-21-12, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Dan had the Opportunity"
In any game where a jury decides the winner, it's not whether a contestant can make an argument, it's whether the jury believes the argument. In Dan's case, the jury didn't. The reason was they all were disgusted not with the fact that Dan lied to them, but that he swore on the Bible as well as on his family.

But back to my original post and Danielle's trust issues. Time and again she continued to put her trust in Dan who time and again disappointed her. Yet she was more wary of Shane, who was right in his choices. He tried to let her know he cared about her but said he didn't want a showmance. This was smart since if they were seen a couple, it would've put a target on their back and possibly they would've been voted out earlier in the game.

So you may discount Danielle's influnece in the outcome, but I say it was important. After all, if she had only been smart enough to trust Shane's reasoning for not having a showmance and been less trusting of Dan, we might have had a different outcome.

09-21-12, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
You must not have seen Survivor China to think that a good jury case cannot earn someone the win.

As for swearing on the bible, it was Rupert in HvV that said it best, "If you look me in the eye and swear you are telling me the truth then I know you are lying." That's how the jury should have taken Dan's promises but they didn't so they should have been mad at themselves. But, for them to come to that realization, Dan needed to explain his moves, make them feel better about themselves.

If Danielle hadn't used the veto on Dan then Ian would have been gone so of course, I am not discounting her influence but I firmly maintain that it wasn't Danielle that gave the win to Ian, it was all Dan. It was always all Dan.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-12, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
michel, I totally agree ...

And I cannot stand jury members who whine about broken promises when they themselves DR'd about how they planned to keep their word as long as it was beneficial to their game and not a moment longer -- which is exactly what Dan did, but they can't see that.

Dan's final speech was very poor compared to the way he crafted his funeral speech. I don't know whether he got cocky or was worn out or maybe too wound up with adrenaline to slow down and explain things in a good light, but it did him no good, whereas Ian did a fine job.

I saw Ian on The Talk and he had a whole flow chart he had made for his plan to get through BB, which was pretty cool and increased my respect for his game.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-12, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-12 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

Ian showed a real fighting spirit. Good for him.

I have seen jury speeches influence (apparently) a jury, but in this case I think this jury was so against Dan that no speech he could have made would have changed their minds. Shane and Frank were totally lost to him, and Joe seemed dead set against him as did Jenn. I feel sure they were beyond being swayed by a speech.

I was surprised a bit that Britney didn't vote for him, she seemed to be "Leaning Dan", and I'm surprised that after all that, Danielle voted for him

That girl is really slow on the uptake.

Dan's mist was pretty impressive though. He is the best all time player, hands down.

09-21-12, 09:52 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
Jenn called Ian a snitch so that should have been enough of an opening for Dan to get her vote but instead he rambled on about having blood on his hands. I would have told everyone that Ian was laughing at Mike and Frank, even mocking them, for not seeing that he was the mole. I'd have recalled that scene when Ian told Mike he'd return as a villain, saying Ian called Mike dumb for not understanding what he meant.

He could have also continued to lie, telling Ashley that Ian booted her because he was angry with her and called her all sorts of name after her date with Frank. Close enough to the truth anyway that Ian couldn't deny it.

As for Shane, he may have swayed him by mentioning that Ian had agreed to throw the final HoH competition so that's why he booted him. Put some blood on Ian's hands.

09-21-12, 09:44 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
A Flow chart? Could you give us an idea of what it looked like? I'm really curious.

As for Dan's speech, I think his first mistake was interrupting Ian during the first question but not coming back to explain why he disagreed. Then he should have pointed out the fact that he didn't have a choice: The game reset and he only had Danielle while Janelle and Mike had 3 players each. He had to be ruthless if he wanted to get the money for his family.

That would have been my argument had I been in his place. Apologized deeply for hurting everyone but show that it was all or nothing, pointing out the fact that Ian was oblivious to many of the decisions that the alliance made and didn't save himself.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-12, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-12 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

Yeah, someone should post that flow chart.

Dan's speech could have been better. And Shane is dumb enough to possibly have been swayed. I mean, look at his hairdo, he might as well have had "IDIOT" tattooed across his forehead. Maybe. I doubt it, but I can't say it isn't possible.

And Jenn was so nonsensical that there is always the possibility that somehow, in the labyrinth that is her thinking process, Dan might have found the right button to push.

In my mind the it would be very unlikely, but I've missed the mark in guessing jury thinking so often that I have to accept that it would be possible. Dan could be persuasive.

I think that for the leaners (esp Brittney) that the fact that Dan had already won once influenced the vote, Ian's such a poor puppy dog college student type that it would be difficult not to give it to him in a close call.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-12, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
A Flow chart? Could you give us an idea of what it looked like?

It's not exactly a flow chart. Ian mapped out a plan on a piece of paper, which the rats confiscated from his belongings before he entered the house. Here's a link to a story that includes a video clip from "The Talk" where Ian explains his strategy.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-14-winner-ian-terr-47561.aspx

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-12, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
Thanks for posting the clip, Abby!

Not a classic flow chart with alternatives, but flowing from beginning to end. No doubt he had alt moves mapped out in his head.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-24-12, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dan had the Opportunity"
No doubt Ian was in it to win it!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •