The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

The Reaper 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-08-11, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Reaper Click to send private message to The%20Reaper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
Well one down, one to go. Tonight one the of the Piglet Sisters, a duo of self absorbed useless wastes of space went home. Calling Adam a floater, while true, was definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The sheer irrogance of Kaluhah and Porsh-uh, after cottage cheese drawers won the HOH, was a putrid site. You would have thought after her win those two had domintated the game from the get-go. How delicious it was to see her stupidity turn the game around and bring about the demise of the most annoying person in the house. Couldn't one of the guys have shoved something in her mouth to shut her the heck up?

Watching her boo-hoo it up was the highlight of the entire game for me. Should have been gone long ago. Next up, Porsche the pooch. Although watching "After Dark" the Piglet in Waiting may have dodged a bullet and won POV. It will be a shame if the useless fat boy from Jersey or the South Beach Bow Wow win the game. Adam at least displays some level of intelligence, Da Porsche on the other hand shows gnat like apptitude that another forty pounds and two kids will one day reveal, as if not already quite evident.
Is it just me or has that ##### of hers grown exponentially since she arrived? From buff bod to bloated tick. Put down the pipe and the bag of cookies girl friend.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... Cestriano 09-08-11 1
   RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... Belle Book 09-08-11 2
   RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... The Reaper 09-08-11 3
       RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... jbug 09-09-11 4
       RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... Belle Book 09-09-11 5
 RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... kingfish 09-10-11 6
   RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... michel 09-10-11 7
       RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... kingfish 09-10-11 8
           RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... michel 09-10-11 9
               RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... kingfish 09-10-11 10
                   RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... michel 09-10-11 11
                       RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... kingfish 09-11-11 12
                           RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... michel 09-11-11 13
                               RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... kingfish 09-11-11 14
                                   RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes... michel 09-11-11 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cestriano 5 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-11, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cestriano Click to send private message to Cestriano Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
Say what you will, but I'm more annoyed at the LACK of hate for Jordan/Jeff/Rachel/Brendon than anything. I've wanted a newbie to win since week 1 since the newbies/Dani have been likable underdogs to me (and well, most Canadian fans, lol), and Adam's not even that bad. Essentially as long as Rachel or Jordan don't win I'm fine, and if one of them has to, then I guess just make it Rachel since she has no right to and Jordan really has done nothing but be cliquey and entitled.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-08-11, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
I like Adam and Jordan. Rachel and Porsche are more tolerable, although I think Rachel's still my least favorite. I think I'd like Adam to win over Jordan, Jordan over Porsche, and Porsche over Rachel. I still remember how bad Rachel was early on, particularly to Cassi!

The Reaper 3 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-11, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Reaper Click to send private message to The%20Reaper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-11 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-09-11 AT 00:03 AM (EST)

I agree with the assessment of Rachel. I didn't like her the first time and could stand her even less this time. The P Sisters were irrelevant, until Porsh-uh' HOH win. There attitudes were laughable as they quickly became parodies of themselves. I'm sure production saw the problems that their control of the house would cause for the show. They went from total useless wastes of funiture, to the queens of the cookie jar. I liked the newbies that were knocked off better than those that remain. Is Adam a nice guy? Yes. Is he useless? Again yes. If it comes down to he and cottage cheese drawers, I'll go with Adam. I hope this is it for the Rachel and Brenden show, the two most emotionally immature people to ever play on Reality TV and that's saying a lot. If Amazing Race picks up these two dweebs, I'll never watch the show again.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-09-11, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
If Amazing Race picks up these two dweebs, I'll never watch the show again.

Bite your tongue, Reaper!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-09-11, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
Oh, I'll still watch -- I'll just hope they get a U-Turn (or if there's a Double U-Turn that they're the second team to get it) and are gone! After all, I watched Season 5 of TAR and Alison was on it -- and I hated Alison!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-11, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
I don't get the bias against floaters. UTR strategy is a valid strategy that has worked on various occasions, whereas up front playing, making big moves, and getting one's hands dirty often get's one booted.

If it works, as it has in BB thus far, it is a good strategy.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-11, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
The bias comes from an entertainment point of view. If all players were Kalias the show would tank. It needs players like Danielle and Shelley who are willing to shake things up.
Yes, it's risky but I rather have a Candice trying to mutinee than a Sundra who plays it boringly safe.

09-10-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-11 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

Apart from the viewers, there is bias amongst hamsters against floaters. And it's evident in every episode. It may be just game talk for some of them, but at least on the part of Rachel and Kalia, it seemed to be real.

I understand what you're saying, but even the thinking on the part of viewers that floaters are sub-par players is kinda missing the point (as I see it), a winning strategy should be an admirable thing, even if there are no blood and guts and feuds and obvious frontal assaults.

But I guess the audience for BB comes from the fake wrestling world as well as the writers.

09-10-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to tthe final five"
From the Hamsters' point of view, floaters are not appreciated because they skate by. Someone has to be HoH, has to nominate people and will always create enemies so they have to continue going after those that threaten them. The floaters advance without needing to think or worry. Even if it is an effective strategy, they aren't really playing the game, just benefitting from its flaws.

And I resent to be compared to fans of wrestling. A game that has players making moves can be seen as a game of chess where players take risks, go for a gambit, attack the opponent's king. Floaters are like two players that sit in front of the chess board, move a few pawns and then agree on a draw.

Floaters are very often sub-par players that sometimes win simply because they were forgotten. A strategist is like Todd in China while a floater is Denise. Courtney said it best: Denise sucks at life...and, I will add, at the game.

But maybe our difference of opinion comes from semantics. For me, a floater isn't someone that doesn't win competitions, it is someone that doesn't get involved in the strategy. As such, Adam and Kalia were the only true floaters so it was really strange to hear Rachel calling Kalia a competitor. In my eyes, Kalia was trying to float but the vets sank her, forced her to choose sides.

09-10-11, 05:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"
You are part of the audience so I guess I was comparing you to a wrestling fan. You, me and everyone else outside the BB house. As I'm writing this I can't re-read my post so I'm not sure of my wording, but what I had in mind was to make an allusion to the BB writers that came from wrestling.

And yeah, we may be thinking of different definitions for floater. That definition has been a bit nebulous, neither we nor the hamsters seem to have a crystal clear idea of what that is. I don't consider Kalia to be a floater, she was actively campaigning for something or another from day one. But she did float from one alliance to another based on who was current HOH. Something everyone (almost everyone?) did. If that's anyone's idea of floater, then almost all of them would fit to some extent.

IMO a floater is a background player, either by intent as an active strategy (I suspect Adam of this), or by temperament because they are just not type A personalities (Porsche, Jordan), or because they are just plain clueless (Porsche, Jordan).

And even if there are viewers who don't appreciate subtle background game play, or even game play that is basically serendipitous, still, the intent of a BB hamster should be to win, not create good TV.

It's pretty obvious that the producers screen potential hamsters to get a mix of personalities, including a number of those that will likely try and blend into the background as well as the wacky types that will keep the viewers entertained.

I actually have some admiration for those who can seem to have stable enough personalities to avoid getting wrapped up in the petty jealousies and bickering of others and can skate thru unscathed. Except that then there will be those detractors that criticize them for being floaters. Oh well, the audience is the judge, and everyone's individual opinion is perfectly valid.

All that having been said, I'm pulling for Adam (I am in admiration of they way he managed to get this far without overt game play or having to get into the ugliness that others resorted to), Rachel (and I never thought I'd feel this way after they way she acted during the first part of the season) second, and Porsche last. Porsche had her ugly moments.

09-10-11, 08:28 PM (EST)
11. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-11 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

There is the same confusion in Survivor between UTR players and coat-tail riders.

Coat-tail riders are, by definition, in an alliance that carries them. They aren't floaters in the BB sense even if they are safe from trouble when their alliance is in control. Jordan and Porsche were coat-tail riders.

A UTR player is outside the dominating alliance and should be on the block but is considered harmless compared to the bigger fish to fry. Since, in BB, an alliance cannot dominate simply by having the numbers, I see a floater as a non-threatening outsider.

The way the season opened, there were 2 factions: The vets and the Regulators (!). Everyone that wasn't in those alliances had the potential to be a floater. Porsche and Shelley chose sides, going with the vets while Adam floated and Kalia slept. Actually, she did vote against Keith but that was totally an anti-Keith vote and not a decision to align with the vets. After that, she continued to sleep, float if you prefer, until the vets took control, pushing her in the newby side. Kalia played like a floater that was outed but was lucky enough to have a strong player like Dani to rescue her.

Yes, a hamster's only role is to try to win but the show is made to entertain the viewers. So, I will admire a smart, strategic floater like Dr Will or Dan but not a useless piece of bacon like Adam or that other Adam that won season 9.

All that having been said, I'm pulling for Adam and Rachel to lose. He did nothing except win a few challenges in the end. I remember how she acted during the first part of the season and that doesn't deserve to be rewarded and the only reason she is still there is production interference.

Porsche did have her ugly moments but her game was better. She didn't make enemies, she didn't divide the house like Rachel and, compared to Adam, she used strategy. She tried to go with the Vets but they pushed her away so she managed to find a new alliance, won a few challenges. Even when BB destroyed her HoH week she came back stronger. I can't believe she didn't use the time when she had a golden key to fraternize with everyone, get to know whatever there was to know about them but still, she was the better player after Shelley left.

09-11-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
12. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"

I consider UTR players, coattailers, floaters, and background players all pretty much the same except that some are smarter than others and some are more mean spirited than others. To me those categories are distinctions without real differences

09-11-11, 12:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"
The nuances are everything.
But, beyond semantics, the question remains: Is Adam a smart player?
My definite answer is no. He was with no one and against no one so it got him far but, from the hamsters' point of view, he shouldn't get the votes because he didn't play the game. From the viewers' point of view, he was extremely boring. That makes him a total bust as a casting decision. That's not surprising considering he was cast to see his interactions with Evil Dyck. With Dyck going out first week, it left Adam without a role or purpose.

09-11-11, 01:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"
So, between Rachel, Porsche, and Adam, you are saying this is an intelligence contest?

Rachel? Porsche? Adam?

Adam isn't the brightest bulb in the world, but comparing him or anyone to Rachel or esp. Porsche, two whose bulbs never have shown a flicker of intelligence, come on now! Talk about your subtle nuanced, and IMO imaginary differences.

09-11-11, 02:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: One of the Piglet Sisters takes a hike or...... how a useless floater makes it to the final five"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-11 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

Not a contest of intelligence but of smart game play. Porsche's game was smarter than Adam's.

Right from the start she saw it would be better to be with the vets than the newbies. Adam? He did nothing and even followed Duminic's lead for a while. He didn't even realize that Duminic was throwing him under the bus. Porsche at least saw Keith wouldn't help her.

When the game changed, when first Dani and then Shelley took the power away from the two couples, Adam went against the flow, becoming Jeff's lapdog. Like Shelley, Porsche realized the two couples were staying together, leaving her no room in their Final 4 so she went to the side that gave her a better opportunity. BB really screwed her and Shelley with the return of the duo twist but Porsche overcame it and is now in the F3.

A lot of her positioning came from riding Danielle's coattails but she made some of her own decisions. Adam? Like I said, he was a dead jellyfish, washed from one shore to the other by the tide.

Rachel's game, on the other hand, has all the intelligence of a bowling ball. She goes straight ahead and only luck kept her away from the gutter. (Real life will probably get her there).

ETA; As for imaginary differences, take Natalie White and Sandra's game when they played with Russell Hantz. Natalie was a coattail rider, Sandra, a UTR player. Don't tell me you can't see a difference between the two. The main difference was that Natalie was able to talk her way out of trouble with Russell when she could have been voted out while Sandra never had a say and only luck spared her.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •