The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-11, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Discuss.

Yes, I know what the overall field looks like.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... suzzee 09-15-11 1
 RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... TWoman 09-15-11 2
 RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... kingfish 09-15-11 3
 RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... axbridge 09-15-11 4
   RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... Estee 09-15-11 5
       RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... kingfish 09-15-11 7
       RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... michel 09-15-11 8
           RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... Estee 09-16-11 9
               RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... Belle Book 09-16-11 10
               RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... michel 09-18-11 11
                   RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... Estee 09-18-11 12
 RE: Is Rachel the worst social play... Belle Book 09-15-11 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-15-11, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Social pariah player:

She stayed awake more then Kalia.

yup more social

OH NO!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-11, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
She's definitely the winner who got the most assistance from production. They should keep half for themselves - they deserve it.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Yes.

(short discussion)

axbridge 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-15-11, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail axbridge Click to send private message to axbridge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Yep, she is the worst player to ever win. But Adam is the worst player to ever go into the BB house.

09-15-11, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
I don't think Rachel is the worst overall player among the winners. To use the PMS ratings we occasionally pull out for Survivor (and yes, I know about the initials, thanks), the 1-10 scale puts her around a 7-8 on Physical aspects and probably gives her an average Mental rating of 5-6 -- given that Mental rates the ability to understand the game, skill in puzzle-based challenges, and other aspects that don't involve interacting with other people. Look at the total slate of series victors and you'll find lower scores in those two areas all over the place -- in particular, have fun placing Jun. For the challenge portions which she seriously overvalues, Rachel can be a force.

But for Social -- the ability to build solid alliances, influence people, getting rid of other players without offending them, and generally charming the keys out of people -- she's a horror show. Mental measures the talent for understanding how other people might be thinking, but Social lets you use it against them. Rachel knows who her enemies are, but can't do a thing to make them stop. Which is admittedly next to impossible in most cases -- but she can't stay at a steady level of being loathed either. Her natural tendency is to spot the one thing that would make the situation worse and run directly for it, headfirst. As Brendon himself said, when it comes to subtle workings, she's the stereotypical bull in the china shop. On her best day in the cage, her Social rating might be around a 5, she spends a lot of time at 3, and any time she's advising the acquisition of life vests, the bottom of the barrel comes into view.

For a while now, I've seen Rachel as a former clique outcast who decided she was going to spend her post-school years being popular. But she gave herself a body makeover without touching her personality. Rachel doesn't know how to interact with people on an extended basis. There are days when I'm surprised she can connect well enough across five minutes to sell a drink. And worst of all, there are moments when her brain kicks in and she knows she's alienating people -- but doesn't have any idea how to stop.

Socially, Rachel spends her life as a fawn struggling to its feet thirty seconds after birth: an idea of what this is supposed to look like and only raw instinct to execute it with. The difference is that eventually, the fawn gets up.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
And in the strong inner thigh muscle category, she's at least a 9. Amazing that that could win two challenges and contribute to a third for her.

Just goes to show, ladies, when going on BB, work'em out like crazy.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-11, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
But doesn't part of mental include strategy? Rachel had none. Like I said, she plays like a bowling ball and was simply lucky that production kept her away from the gutter.

09-16-11, 06:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
That's part of why she's in the average range. In breakdown:

1. On the feeds, Rachel was frequently capable of figuring out what might be going on around her (including calling off twist dates in advance) -- she just went with the wrong possibility a lot of the time. If you can acknowledge it without centering in...

2. To be fair, it's Big Brother and strategy is generally the punchline to a producer-twisted joke. Yes, this season, Rachel ultimately got to be the one laughing -- but for most players, it ultimately comes down to Vince's Law: So Much For That Plan. What BB players need more than anything else is the ability to twist in the wind.

I'm not saying Rachel had that. Just that it would have helped.

3. As far as it goes -- which generally isn't very -- 'win out' is a strategy. HoH every other week, Veto every time you're in the competition, and hope for either good draws or people who don't know how to backdoor.

4. Her performance in the mental challenges was frequently decent (for the few she got to play) and she did have flashes of insight.

Add it all up, take out the detriments and for me, it leaves her in that average range. Which still puts her ahead of a few previous winners.

Let's face it: when it comes to brains, Drug King Adam was the bowling ball.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-16-11, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
I forgot about Adam the Drug King! I don't think he was a social genius either. Rachel could probably compete with him in the social department as well.

Come play my new game: Big Brother: What If? at the following link: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID7/1612.shtml

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
I don't buy any of that. Rachel makes herself a target from the start which is the dumbest thing you can do. A social game is the strategy and she simply doesn't see that. And I'd consider winning out a strategy only if the rats didn't help.

09-18-11, 07:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Well, that's part of why I've got her mentally average and socially just above RussHell.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-15-11, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Rachel the worst social player to ever win the game?"
Definitely the worst ever -- socially. Mentally, she's not bad and physically, she's very good. But socially? Clearly the worst! With the possible exceptions of Dicque and Jun from Season 4(even though I liked Jun), the other winners could run rings around Rachel socially.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •