The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-08, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
At first glance, I liked the idea of having the hamsters play the game as couples. But on the second episode, it became apparent why this twist is so stupid and lame. Jacob stirs up trouble in the house and ends up with a huge target on his back. Problem is that he shares that big target with poor Sharon, who was just an innocent bystander. The end result is that they both get evicted, even though it was Jacob the only one who truly deserved it because of his stupidity. Why does BB continue to use these stupid gimmicks? They should just let a group of strangers play the game without any more contrivances.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid qwertypie 02-14-08 1
   RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid jase 02-14-08 2
 RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid brvnkrz 02-14-08 3
 RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid maroonclowns mom 02-14-08 4
   RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid electrick_shocks 02-15-08 5
       RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid CSHS79 02-21-08 6
           RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid jd8855 02-21-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
LMAO
The producers must be banging their heads against the wall -- their big twist that was going to be great for ratings (let's watch the train wreck of forcing an ex-couple together in every imaginable way possible) just evaporated in front of their eyes.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-14-08, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
And let's not forget about Jen telling Parker about her and Ryan (who in turns tells his partner (Allison) about him and Jen). I want to see what they (the producers) come up with to fix this situation. Without question, they must be somewhat concerned that their initial plans (in regards to the twists) have fallen apart.

I agree that the producers SHOULD just let things play out, but for some reason, they feel the need to force things to happen. I don't understand why they continue to do this when, more often than not, it backfires on them.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-08, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
I couldn't agree more. I'm afraid that BB may end up losing me this season. And watching Showtime After Dark isn't helping. This is like watching Real World 90210. *snore*

An Arkie original.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-14-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"

I pull my hair and I say "woman, why do you watch, why do you watch??"

electrick_shocks 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-15-08, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail electrick_shocks Click to send private message to electrick_shocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
With one couple getting evicted every week and only 8 couples, this will make for a very short season. For this reason, I suspect that at some point, these people will at least be evicted one person at a time. At least I hope so! This couples twist is just a little too cute a gimmick for my liking.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-21-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
I also think this is a stupid twist to a point. I think there could be some excitement to the game if they included a way to make changes to the couples. To me it could be interesting if the power of veto could either save one of the couples or they could make the nominated couples exchange partners. I say this in part because so far it's been only one of the people in each couple that creates the drama that causes them to be on the block.

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
They will definitely start playing by themselves I don't know how long though, as already it's seems tough. But they will definitely start playing alone that will be the twist. This season isn't the best but it just started you never know what is going to happen.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •