URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1202
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Couples Twist Is Stupid"

Posted by JoshInSGV on 02-14-08 at 00:18 AM
At first glance, I liked the idea of having the hamsters play the game as couples. But on the second episode, it became apparent why this twist is so stupid and lame. Jacob stirs up trouble in the house and ends up with a huge target on his back. Problem is that he shares that big target with poor Sharon, who was just an innocent bystander. The end result is that they both get evicted, even though it was Jacob the only one who truly deserved it because of his stupidity. Why does BB continue to use these stupid gimmicks? They should just let a group of strangers play the game without any more contrivances.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Couples Twist Is Stupid"
Posted by qwertypie on 02-14-08 at 00:40 AM
LMAO
The producers must be banging their heads against the wall -- their big twist that was going to be great for ratings (let's watch the train wreck of forcing an ex-couple together in every imaginable way possible) just evaporated in front of their eyes.

Posted by jase on 02-14-08 at 01:25 AM
And let's not forget about Jen telling Parker about her and Ryan (who in turns tells his partner (Allison) about him and Jen). I want to see what they (the producers) come up with to fix this situation. Without question, they must be somewhat concerned that their initial plans (in regards to the twists) have fallen apart.

I agree that the producers SHOULD just let things play out, but for some reason, they feel the need to force things to happen. I don't understand why they continue to do this when, more often than not, it backfires on them.

Posted by brvnkrz on 02-14-08 at 09:47 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'm afraid that BB may end up losing me this season. And watching Showtime After Dark isn't helping. This is like watching Real World 90210. *snore*

An Arkie original.

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 02-14-08 at 10:11 AM

I pull my hair and I say "woman, why do you watch, why do you watch??"

Posted by electrick_shocks on 02-15-08 at 03:51 AM
With one couple getting evicted every week and only 8 couples, this will make for a very short season. For this reason, I suspect that at some point, these people will at least be evicted one person at a time. At least I hope so! This couples twist is just a little too cute a gimmick for my liking.

Posted by CSHS79 on 02-21-08 at 03:15 PM
I also think this is a stupid twist to a point. I think there could be some excitement to the game if they included a way to make changes to the couples. To me it could be interesting if the power of veto could either save one of the couples or they could make the nominated couples exchange partners. I say this in part because so far it's been only one of the people in each couple that creates the drama that causes them to be on the block.

Posted by jd8855 on 02-21-08 at 03:41 PM
They will definitely start playing by themselves I don't know how long though, as already it's seems tough. But they will definitely start playing alone that will be the twist. This season isn't the best but it just started you never know what is going to happen.