The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-27-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
We all know the story behind Marcellas' eviction (I mean his BB3 eviction, not the Marjealous eviction in All-Stars.) For those who don't: Marcellas made the final five in BB3, the HOH nominated him for eviction, and he won the POV. At this time, this was the first Golden POV; prior to this, nominated houseguests could not use the POV to remove themselves from the block (for reasons only the producers understand.) But this was the first Golden POV, and Marcellas had the chance to take himself off the block.

Well, needless to say, he didn't. For reasons known only to him, he opted not to use the veto, and he was evicted in a tiebreaking vote. As Robbbbbbbb from Survivor might say, "Doy-ee-oy-ee-oy." Julie even whacked him on the head with a cue card! That's rough, considering that cue card was probably the only brain she had at the time.

Fast-forward five years to BB8. Evil Dicque puts up Jen, his arch-nemesis, and Kail, whom he really wants out. He went into the POV competition intending to keep the nominations the way they were, as any HOH would (who isn't actively trying to backdoor someone.) So out comes Mike, who seems to do everything in his power to get under the HOH's skin, such to the point where he's actually willing to nominate Mike in place of Jen. Evil makes this known, and Mike continues to aggravate him anyway!

Jen comes down, Mike goes up, and Mike goes out in a 7-2 vote. He went from a solid player who was looking at being either a boring juror or a boring finalist to someone who was sent home early. Maybe he decided he didn't want to flush his entire summer down the toilet?

I still say Marcellas is dumber. All he had to do was say, "I use the Veto on myself." Lisa probably goes up in his place, and she might even go home. At the very least, Marcellas has the chance to save his own skin.

Mike? Yeah, he was aggravating. His only flaw was that he was loyal to the point of being dumber than worm farts. Maybe he is dumber than Marcellas.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas? mrc 07-27-07 1
   RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas? JoshInSGV 07-27-07 2
       RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas? Starshine 07-28-07 4
       RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas? eericarenee 07-29-07 5
   RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas? Snidget 07-27-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-07, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
I admire Mike's integrity (such as it is in a reality show). His move was an attempt at game-play (showing others his loyalty in hopes of gaining their trust), albeit a poor one. Too bad it didn't work out for him.

Shar-licious

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-27-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
I don't think Mike's move was necessarily stupid. If anything, it was ill-timed and poorly executed. I think it was important for someone to stand-up to D!ck and show that his intimidation tactics are not always effective. I think Mike's major mistake was to remain quiet for 3 weeks. Like Dustin said in his goodbye message, he only knew 4 things about Mike. No one really knew him and therefore, no one had any incentive to keep him.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-28-07, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
I have to agree, if he were like Ritchie then he could rely on his own popularity, maybe he thought he was popular?

If he had survived then he would have been a strong player, joining alliances of convenience with everyone trusting him

eericarenee 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-29-07, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eericarenee Click to send private message to eericarenee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
>I don't think Mike's move was
>necessarily stupid. If anything, it
>was ill-timed and poorly executed.
>I think it was important
>for someone to stand-up to
>D!ck and show that his
>intimidation tactics are not always
>effective

It was not an intimidation factor though, he was not trying to scare Mike, He told him to knock it off or you are going on the block. Mike continued to act like a fool and he went up. D!ck did exactly what he said he would do. In my opinion, Mike made a stupid move by "showing his loyalty". What good is being loyal to someone if you are no longer playing the game.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
The problem is as anyone other than Kail is I know he can be loyal, but how do I get him to be totally loyal to me.

Especially since it seemed not many people knew him well so you don't know if he will be 100% for you or 100% against you.

Summertribe and the living is easy!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •