URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1091
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-27-07 at 09:03 AM
We all know the story behind Marcellas' eviction (I mean his BB3 eviction, not the Marjealous eviction in All-Stars.) For those who don't: Marcellas made the final five in BB3, the HOH nominated him for eviction, and he won the POV. At this time, this was the first Golden POV; prior to this, nominated houseguests could not use the POV to remove themselves from the block (for reasons only the producers understand.) But this was the first Golden POV, and Marcellas had the chance to take himself off the block.

Well, needless to say, he didn't. For reasons known only to him, he opted not to use the veto, and he was evicted in a tiebreaking vote. As Robbbbbbbb from Survivor might say, "Doy-ee-oy-ee-oy." Julie even whacked him on the head with a cue card! That's rough, considering that cue card was probably the only brain she had at the time.

Fast-forward five years to BB8. Evil Dicque puts up Jen, his arch-nemesis, and Kail, whom he really wants out. He went into the POV competition intending to keep the nominations the way they were, as any HOH would (who isn't actively trying to backdoor someone.) So out comes Mike, who seems to do everything in his power to get under the HOH's skin, such to the point where he's actually willing to nominate Mike in place of Jen. Evil makes this known, and Mike continues to aggravate him anyway!

Jen comes down, Mike goes up, and Mike goes out in a 7-2 vote. He went from a solid player who was looking at being either a boring juror or a boring finalist to someone who was sent home early. Maybe he decided he didn't want to flush his entire summer down the toilet?

I still say Marcellas is dumber. All he had to do was say, "I use the Veto on myself." Lisa probably goes up in his place, and she might even go home. At the very least, Marcellas has the chance to save his own skin.

Mike? Yeah, he was aggravating. His only flaw was that he was loyal to the point of being dumber than worm farts. Maybe he is dumber than Marcellas.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Mike: Dumber than Marcellas?"
Posted by mrc on 07-27-07 at 12:14 PM
I admire Mike's integrity (such as it is in a reality show). His move was an attempt at game-play (showing others his loyalty in hopes of gaining their trust), albeit a poor one. Too bad it didn't work out for him.

Shar-licious

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-27-07 at 12:45 PM
I don't think Mike's move was necessarily stupid. If anything, it was ill-timed and poorly executed. I think it was important for someone to stand-up to D!ck and show that his intimidation tactics are not always effective. I think Mike's major mistake was to remain quiet for 3 weeks. Like Dustin said in his goodbye message, he only knew 4 things about Mike. No one really knew him and therefore, no one had any incentive to keep him.

Posted by Starshine on 07-28-07 at 06:18 PM
I have to agree, if he were like Ritchie then he could rely on his own popularity, maybe he thought he was popular?

If he had survived then he would have been a strong player, joining alliances of convenience with everyone trusting him

Posted by eericarenee on 07-29-07 at 04:10 AM
>I don't think Mike's move was
>necessarily stupid. If anything, it
>was ill-timed and poorly executed.
>I think it was important
>for someone to stand-up to
>D!ck and show that his
>intimidation tactics are not always
>effective

It was not an intimidation factor though, he was not trying to scare Mike, He told him to knock it off or you are going on the block. Mike continued to act like a fool and he went up. D!ck did exactly what he said he would do. In my opinion, Mike made a stupid move by "showing his loyalty". What good is being loyal to someone if you are no longer playing the game.

Posted by Snidget on 07-27-07 at 01:07 PM
The problem is as anyone other than Kail is I know he can be loyal, but how do I get him to be totally loyal to me.

Especially since it seemed not many people knew him well so you don't know if he will be 100% for you or 100% against you.

Summertribe and the living is easy!