The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

weyhing4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-16-07, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weyhing4 Click to send private message to weyhing4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Is it just me or does BB have a contract with Big Tobacco? Time after time we are subjected to extended camera shots of house guests taking drags on their cigarettes, for no particular reason or emphasis. I counted 5 shots of Evil and Joe puffing away last night. Remember All Stars when even hot-as-hell Janelle seemed to be constantly lighting up? And who can forget Karen from BB1 who was perpetually smoking?

I am not a prude but I find it particularly socially irresponsible considering BB's younger audience to show the guests smoking for no particular reason. I am certain there is something more sinister at work; ie. CBS is in bed with Big Tobacco. It is a well known fact that tobacco companies have paid movie and television directors to have characters smoke in the past; I highly suspect that this is the case here.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... aquariaqueen 07-16-07 1
   RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... foonermints 07-16-07 2
       RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... aquariaqueen 07-17-07 5
           RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... foonermints 07-17-07 8
       RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... boaster 07-17-07 7
 My Pet Peeve CSHS79 07-16-07 3
 RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... cahaya 07-16-07 4
 RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Lasann 07-17-07 6
   RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Wacko Jacko 07-18-07 10
 RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Estee 07-17-07 9
   RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Sunny_Bunny 07-18-07 11
       RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Estee 07-18-07 12
   RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Colonel Zoidberg 07-24-07 13
       RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... FishWoman 07-24-07 14
           RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... Estee 07-24-07 15
 RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS... J Slice 07-24-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-16-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
While I am not fond of smoking, I would think that smokers probably smoke more while on Big Brother, simply out of boredom.
What else is there to do?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-16-07, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Drink.
Quite a lot actually, if you live with Dicque & Jen.

lazing in the Sun with Sharnina.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-17-07, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Don't forget, alcohol is divvied out by BB, so it's not an endless supply.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
»it's not an endless supply«
Damn. Just like my house.

tweet! Quack! Buck buck BUCK! WHAT? ..by the incredibly talented Syren.

boaster 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-17-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boaster Click to send private message to boaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
They need to give them MORE alcohol--LOTS more--a full, endless, open bar. Their behavior would be A LOT more outrageous if fueled by alchol--just look at the British Big Brother. Also, the whole show should be moved to cable, so we can see it uncensored. I know Showtime has BB After Dark but it's not the same as seeing a one-hour edited show, but one that shows more than the lame stuff CBS lets us see.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-16-07, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My Pet Peeve"
My biggest pet peeve is to see a hot guy pump iron and then later smoking, case in point Hardy of season 2.Aren't they polar opposite activities? Pumping iron-I take care of my body and smoking- not caring what goes into it? Does that bother anyone else??

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-07, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
I find it particularly socially irresponsible considering BB's younger audience to show the guests smoking for no particular reason.

Not to mention guests openly displaying drinking sessions, flirtatious lewdness, lying & backstabbing, mean-spirited mind games and ego disintegration, bleeped-out cussing, and numerous other "socially irresponsible" activities.

But if ratings are anything to go by, that's what America wants to see. As for the younger audience, maybe it's a lesson in dealing with real-world nastiness. FWIW, I think of this show as adult, not children's, entertainment. Kids see through it anyway.

Put in the Cage by Snidget

(Lights one up.)

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-17-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Oh my, tell me it isn't true. People smoke? Who knew.

People smoke, it's not illegal. As if children can't see people smoking on every street in America; and spitting; and hundreds of other things we tell them not to do.

Me thinks your feelings on smoking are feeding a conspiracy.

Sharnina has outdone herself this time!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-18-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
>Oh my, tell me it isn't
>true. People smoke?
>Who knew.
>
>People smoke, it's not illegal.
>As if children can't see
>people smoking on every street
>in America; and spitting; and
>hundreds of other things we
>tell them not to do.
>
>
>Me thinks your feelings on smoking
>are feeding a conspiracy.
>
>
>Sharnina has outdone herself
>this time!

Exactly, heck these people smoke. Let them.

I think it is funny how the initial poster with all the other misbehavior on this show wants to complain about seeing people smoking. This show is not for kids. You can not shelter your kids, they are bound to see people smoking unless of course you lock them in their rooms 24 hours.

My only real beef with this show is that with all the misbehavior on it that the show is on at 8 pm.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Call it the Shane Factor. It's not about watching people enjoying their addiction: it's about watching the reactions when the supply runs out.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-07, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
so you think it's time to plant a new woodberry in the house?

07-18-07, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Already done. Just open the flip-top on Jen's skull and remove the contents.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-24-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Call it the Shane Factor. It's not about watching people enjoying their addiction: it's about watching the reactions when the supply runs out.

Now that's a BB twist worth watching. Cast a house full of smokers, and those who go on slop have their tobacco cut off. Mwahahahahahahaha...

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-24-07, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
ugh, like they don't do enough kvetching already?

within a week we'd have at least 3 DORs and 5 or 6 people evicted for physical violence.

makin' plates for the man

07-24-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Plus I think it's already been done: I have dim memories of reading about something called Cold Turkey.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-07, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Alright.

Take the smokes away.

Leave booze in its place.

I promise, the violence would start appearring.

Unrelated, but why oh why is alcohol totally legal but marijuana isn't?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •