URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1076
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"

Posted by weyhing4 on 07-16-07 at 09:42 AM
Is it just me or does BB have a contract with Big Tobacco? Time after time we are subjected to extended camera shots of house guests taking drags on their cigarettes, for no particular reason or emphasis. I counted 5 shots of Evil and Joe puffing away last night. Remember All Stars when even hot-as-hell Janelle seemed to be constantly lighting up? And who can forget Karen from BB1 who was perpetually smoking?

I am not a prude but I find it particularly socially irresponsible considering BB's younger audience to show the guests smoking for no particular reason. I am certain there is something more sinister at work; ie. CBS is in bed with Big Tobacco. It is a well known fact that tobacco companies have paid movie and television directors to have characters smoke in the past; I highly suspect that this is the case here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Whats With All The Smoking? CBS loves Big Tobacco!"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-16-07 at 11:43 AM
While I am not fond of smoking, I would think that smokers probably smoke more while on Big Brother, simply out of boredom.
What else is there to do?

Posted by foonermints on 07-16-07 at 05:26 PM
Drink.
Quite a lot actually, if you live with Dicque & Jen.

lazing in the Sun with Sharnina.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 07-17-07 at 08:18 AM
Don't forget, alcohol is divvied out by BB, so it's not an endless supply.

Posted by foonermints on 07-17-07 at 06:18 PM
»it's not an endless supply«
Damn. Just like my house.

tweet! Quack! Buck buck BUCK! WHAT? ..by the incredibly talented Syren.

Posted by boaster on 07-17-07 at 02:09 PM
They need to give them MORE alcohol--LOTS more--a full, endless, open bar. Their behavior would be A LOT more outrageous if fueled by alchol--just look at the British Big Brother. Also, the whole show should be moved to cable, so we can see it uncensored. I know Showtime has BB After Dark but it's not the same as seeing a one-hour edited show, but one that shows more than the lame stuff CBS lets us see.

"My Pet Peeve"
Posted by CSHS79 on 07-16-07 at 06:59 PM
My biggest pet peeve is to see a hot guy pump iron and then later smoking, case in point Hardy of season 2.Aren't they polar opposite activities? Pumping iron-I take care of my body and smoking- not caring what goes into it? Does that bother anyone else??

Posted by cahaya on 07-16-07 at 09:37 PM
I find it particularly socially irresponsible considering BB's younger audience to show the guests smoking for no particular reason.

Not to mention guests openly displaying drinking sessions, flirtatious lewdness, lying & backstabbing, mean-spirited mind games and ego disintegration, bleeped-out cussing, and numerous other "socially irresponsible" activities.

But if ratings are anything to go by, that's what America wants to see. As for the younger audience, maybe it's a lesson in dealing with real-world nastiness. FWIW, I think of this show as adult, not children's, entertainment. Kids see through it anyway.

Put in the Cage by Snidget

(Lights one up.)

Posted by Lasann on 07-17-07 at 11:11 AM
Oh my, tell me it isn't true. People smoke? Who knew.

People smoke, it's not illegal. As if children can't see people smoking on every street in America; and spitting; and hundreds of other things we tell them not to do.

Me thinks your feelings on smoking are feeding a conspiracy.

Sharnina has outdone herself this time!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 07-18-07 at 09:03 AM
>Oh my, tell me it isn't
>true. People smoke?
>Who knew.
>
>People smoke, it's not illegal.
>As if children can't see
>people smoking on every street
>in America; and spitting; and
>hundreds of other things we
>tell them not to do.
>
>
>Me thinks your feelings on smoking
>are feeding a conspiracy.
>
>
>Sharnina has outdone herself
>this time!

Exactly, heck these people smoke. Let them.

I think it is funny how the initial poster with all the other misbehavior on this show wants to complain about seeing people smoking. This show is not for kids. You can not shelter your kids, they are bound to see people smoking unless of course you lock them in their rooms 24 hours.

My only real beef with this show is that with all the misbehavior on it that the show is on at 8 pm.

Posted by Estee on 07-17-07 at 07:10 PM
Call it the Shane Factor. It's not about watching people enjoying their addiction: it's about watching the reactions when the supply runs out.

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 07-18-07 at 11:07 AM
so you think it's time to plant a new woodberry in the house?

Posted by Estee on 07-18-07 at 01:30 PM
Already done. Just open the flip-top on Jen's skull and remove the contents.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-24-07 at 11:15 AM
Call it the Shane Factor. It's not about watching people enjoying their addiction: it's about watching the reactions when the supply runs out.

Now that's a BB twist worth watching. Cast a house full of smokers, and those who go on slop have their tobacco cut off. Mwahahahahahahaha...

Posted by FishWoman on 07-24-07 at 02:53 PM
ugh, like they don't do enough kvetching already?

within a week we'd have at least 3 DORs and 5 or 6 people evicted for physical violence.

makin' plates for the man

Posted by Estee on 07-24-07 at 04:04 PM
Plus I think it's already been done: I have dim memories of reading about something called Cold Turkey.

Posted by J Slice on 07-24-07 at 07:17 PM
Alright.

Take the smokes away.

Leave booze in its place.

I promise, the violence would start appearring.

Unrelated, but why oh why is alcohol totally legal but marijuana isn't?