The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-06, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
I just saw Magni and Dilana at a bar in Ottawa called the Thirsty Toad (www.thirstytoad.com). And it was AWESOME!!! It was an afternoon show in the parking lot (all ages). Lots of people brought the kids.

It was an acoustic show. They played their own guitars, and they did the entire show together, either harmonizing, or singing backup for one another. They sing so beautifully together. It was just amazing.

They did pretty well every song from the show you could think of. Dilana did Mother Mother, and Ring of Fire, and Roxanne, and Super Soul, and Time after Time. Magni did Clocks, and Creep, and that Dolphin song, and his original. They did an awesome version of Every Breath You Take, and a great version of Wicked Game.

Dilana did Hand in My Pocket as a shout out to us Canadians. Alanis Morisette is from Ottawa too, so it was doubly appropriate.

I was so close to the stage - maybe four rows back from the front, right near the center. What an amazing time. Dilana looked awesome in a long skirt and slinky black top. Magni wore a shirt he had worn on the show, as he himself pointed out in an "oops" moment - it was white with a grey cross on it.

It was a really intimate show. They made lots of eye contact with the audience, and acknowledged people who shouted things out, and told little stories. Dilana handed Magni a drink, and said it was the least she could do since she cut his head open.

Magni told a story about taking a picture of Dilana on the Hollywood walk of fame, stubbing out her cigarette butt on "this singer's star", then they did Hit Me Baby One More Time (much the same way Marty did it).

I could go on and on. What a good time. Everyone had cameras, so I wouldn't be surprised if some footage ended up on youtube.

The same bar has Susy McNeal playing next week, and they announced this afternoon that Storm Large is playing October 21st, and Ryan Starr is playing early November. Someone shouted out "when is Lukas coming", and the owner said "we're working on it!"

Too cool!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!! bullzeye 10-08-06 1
   RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!! Cathy the Canadian 10-08-06 2
 RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!! Savahnna 10-09-06 3
 RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!! Glow 10-09-06 4
 I Knew It Would End Up On Youtube! Cathy the Canadian 10-09-06 5
   RE: I Knew It Would End Up On Youtu... trigirl 10-10-06 6
 Suzie in Ottawa trigirl 10-10-06 7
 RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!! mememi 10-10-06 8
 Did you know Dilana was gay? Cathy the Canadian 10-10-06 9
 Did anyone see the big Lukas show? Cathy the Canadian 11-30-06 10
   RE: Did anyone see the big Lukas sh... Glow 12-01-06 11
       RE: Did anyone see the big Lukas sh... Cathy the Canadian 12-01-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-08-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
Well - color me gellus!! That is so awesome, really pleased for you that you were able to attend and hope you get a chance to see both Storm and my favorite, Ryan.

Curious - on "Every Breath You Take", did Dilani change the lyrics again?

A birthday present from Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-08-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
You mean did they say "Dilana" in that one part? You bet they did! She kind of rolled her eyes and smiled, as if to say "I guess this is how I have to do this song now".

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
Very Cool Cathy!!

Really happy you got to see all that and have so much more coming your way!!

Enjoy!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
Very cool, Cathy. I bet those two were so comfortable together.

Definitely go see Ryan on Nov 4th.

10-09-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
5. "I Knew It Would End Up On Youtube!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

Check out Ring of Fire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z--lm1UemFk

And here's Magni's original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbNzo7fdlM

Unfortunately, that one cuts off, but you get to hear their beautiful harmonizing. Her backup makes his song so much better!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-10-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I Knew It Would End Up On Youtube!"
Thanks for the link. I really, really liked Magni's song. His and Ryan's were my favourite originals and I was so sad when Dave bagged on it.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-10-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Suzie in Ottawa"
I heard that she was going to be in Ottawa. I got this e-mail from her mailing list.

____

Suzie will be performing at two small, intimate venues around Toronto in October. Because of the small size of the venues, only the members of her mailing list are being advised about these shows. Here is a list of when and where she will be:

Friday, October 13th, 2006
The Liquid Lounge
159 Sydenham St., Brantford, ON 519-756-3939
Tickets - $20 advance
10 pm, Special guest: Marshall Dane

Sunday, October 15th, 2006
SUZIE'S HOMETOWN BIRTHDAY BASH!!!
Roc 'n Docs
179 Lakeshore Rd. E., Mississauga, ON 905-891-1754
Tickets - $20 advance
10 pm, Special guest: Tim Hicks

She will also perform in Ottawa, Ontario on October 14th ... here are the
details.

Saturday October 14th, 2006
The Thirsty Toad Lounge
1344 Bank St., Ottawa, ON 613-738-8623
9 pm, Special guests: The Undesirables

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-10-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rock Stars in Ottawa!!!"
Ack - I'm in Ottawa too and I SO wanted to go!!! I'm glad it was great but just couldn't make it, by the time I heard about it I had an appointment I couldn't change... I'll definitely have to look into trying to get to some of the other shows - Suzie and/or Storm would be awesome, as well as Ryan.

10-10-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
9. "Did you know Dilana was gay?"
I only went to the daytime, all ages concert, but my friend went to the night concert as well. Her hubby knows the bar owner, and they got to party with Dilana and Magni.

Apparently, Dilana got totally smashed, and was hitting on my friend's hot, 20 something daughter all night long! I wondered if my friend misunderstood, but she said it was pretty obvious DIlana was after the girls, not the boys.

They have a picture of Dilana licking her face. Way cool!

11-30-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
10. "Did anyone see the big Lukas show?"
Lukas played here last weekend.

The Thirsty Toad was still the sponser, and the show was originally going to be there, but it got moved to a bigger venue. At first, the ads said Gilby Clark was going to join him. Then he was out, and Dave Navaro was going to come.

In the end, neither one of them came.

The paper also said Dilana and Magni were going to be there. They weren't.

Who did show up? Jenny Galt (yawn). Phil and his band Lennox (you know, the one he was quoted as saying he wasn't leaving, thus getting booted from the show). And that guy that got booted first (you know, he sang Duran Duran?)

I'm kind of glad I didn't shell out the bucks for this one. Some friends went, and loved seeing Lukas. Apparently the Duran Duran guy is actually really good, and if he hadn't been booted first, he might have been a contender.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did anyone see the big Lukas show?"
I read a bunch of recaps about it and saw a ton of pictures.

Jenny, Phil (with Lennex), Josh, and Matt were the ones that were there.

I would have loved to have been there (I cannot wait to see Phil and Josh) but 1) I don't live in Canada and 2) I fear I will never want to see Lukas in concert because of screaming girlchildren reaching for him and trying to rip off his clothes... which is apparently what happened... and my fear has been proven.

The guys that did show up to play with Lukas were two of the guys from his (old) band Rise Electric.

12-01-06, 06:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Did anyone see the big Lukas show?"
Oh yeah, I forgot about Josh. I would have liked to see him!

But Matt Hoffer (Duran Duran guy) was there too. My friend said he was really good.

Here's the article about it from the Ottawa Sun:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Showbiz/Music/2006/11/26/2501969-sun.html

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •