The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rockstar's Tattoos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-29-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rockstar's Tattoos"
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the tattoos on the rockstars look kind of bad? Sort of like melted rainbow sherbet.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos arkiegrl 07-29-06 1
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 07-30-06 2
       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos LVGladiator 07-30-06 3
           RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 07-30-06 4
               RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Savahnna 07-30-06 5
                   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 07-30-06 6
                   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos LVGladiator 07-31-06 8
                       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Savahnna 07-31-06 10
               RE: Rockstar's Tattoos LisaPles 07-31-06 11
           RE: Rockstar's Tattoos arkiegrl 07-30-06 7
               RE: Rockstar's Tattoos LVGladiator 07-31-06 9
                   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Wacko Jacko 07-31-06 12
                       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 07-31-06 13
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Glow 08-01-06 14
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos arkiegrl 08-01-06 17
       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos LisaPles 08-02-06 26
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 08-01-06 18
       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Glow 08-01-06 19
           RE: Rockstar's Tattoos arkiegrl 08-01-06 20
           RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 08-01-06 21
           RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 08-01-06 22
               RE: Rockstar's Tattoos tamarama 08-08-06 32
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos triednottowatch 08-01-06 15
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Savahnna 08-01-06 16
       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos CattyChat 08-01-06 23
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos cycles2k 08-02-06 24
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos rockdog 08-02-06 25
   RE: Rockstar's Tattoos cheesybread 08-07-06 28
       RE: Rockstar's Tattoos Savahnna 08-07-06 31
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos 2smart4u 08-07-06 27
   Dana'a new tattoo rockdog 08-07-06 30
 RE: Rockstar's Tattoos cheesybread 08-07-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Are you talking about any one rock star in particular? I guess I haven't noticed any that I thought looked bad.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-30-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-06 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

Half look like melted rainbow sherbet and the other half (Tommy Lee and Dave N) look like they fell asleep in a Sharpie warehouse.

(I removed the obscene message written on him, sorry.)

LVGladiator 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-30-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LVGladiator Click to send private message to LVGladiator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
You must be kidding. Tommy has great ink. So does Dilanna. Dave's are black line art. You have to understand art to appreciate tattoos.

07-30-06, 01:39 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
You are right, I never understood body art. I know its a personal thing and all but when you can't make out what they are, it looks sloppy. I know, I know its art and all. Dilanna works for me but most of the others just look like they have a 'I want to be a rockstar' hand book and it says cover your body with ink , paint you finger nails black , always do the horns with your fingers and stick your tongue out every so often. Maybe I am tired of that look, I don't know, in the end it is their bodies not mine.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-30-06, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
I'm sure I don't get body art at all myself. But Dilana is really overstated to me.

It screems "Look at me Look at ME"!!!

I don't care if I'm sounding old and judgemental. To me there's no difference between that and ppl that wear jewelery from head to toe (and on every toe)

07-30-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Everybody on this show is odd.

07-31-06, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LVGladiator Click to send private message to LVGladiator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
>I'm sure I don't get body
>art at all myself.
>But Dilana is really overstated
>to me.
>
>It screems "Look at me Look
>at ME"!!!
>
>I don't care if I'm sounding
>old and judgemental. To
>me there's no difference between
>that and ppl that wear
>jewelery from head to toe
>(and on every toe)
OMG!!! A rock singer who's eccentric? Overstated? Demanding attention? Nobody would ever want that. Oh wait, almost all the coolest rockers fit that description...LOL

07-31-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
>>I'm sure I don't get body
>>art at all myself.
>>But Dilana is really overstated
>>to me.
>>
>>It screems "Look at me Look
>>at ME"!!!
>>
>>I don't care if I'm sounding
>>old and judgemental. To
>>me there's no difference between
>>that and ppl that wear
>>jewelery from head to toe
>>(and on every toe)
>OMG!!! A rock singer who's eccentric?
>Overstated? Demanding attention? Nobody would
>ever want that. Oh wait,
>almost all the coolest rockers
>fit that description...LOL

Maybe Rockstars of the last 2 decades....Guess I'm not one of the "cool" kids.... Going for the "coolest" rockers....Bet Dylan and Clapton wish they were cool in their day too.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-31-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
>when you can't make
>out what they are, it
>looks sloppy.

I totally know what you mean. Personally, I don't really like tattoos for my man or myself. However, I can appreciate a well done tattoo. If I had a nickel for every horribly bad tattoo I have seen in the last few years, where you can't even tell what it is, I could quit my job!
Also, does every eighteen year-old girl go out and get a tribal tattoo on the small of her back on her eighteenth birthday? I swear, it's like a uniform!

07-30-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Well said, LVGladiator! (and welcome to the boards!)

tattooed by tribephyl

07-31-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Thanks arkiegrl from a heavily tattoed guy with fantastic ink.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-31-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
I am not a tattoo person. THink they all look bad, but Phil's and Patrice's were the worst....just a mess.

07-31-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Tattoos are a form of public expression and I use this board to express my public option. Some are cool but I think too many tatoos are like a nice car covered with bumper stickers. Everyone in this show is a walking cliche. I enjoy it because it is fun too watch.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
I've seen Tommy and Dave mentioned here.

I've seen some better ones of Dave but I'm not sure I could get them past the censors. heh.

Both beautiful men. Their tattoos only enhance that beauty to me. To each their own yadda yadda yadda...

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-01-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Wow. I would love to get a better look at that thigh piece. And feel free to email the Dave pics to me.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
>Wow. I would love to
>get a better look at
>that thigh piece.

My thoughts exactly! Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Mmmmmm

08-01-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
"To each their own yadda yadda yadda..."
So true

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
*rolls eyes*
Ya gotta love when people whip out this picture.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

08-01-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Well of course. After all, everyone who has any tattoos looks like this, right?

tattooed by tribephyl

08-01-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Why are you rolling your eyes? 'Ya gotta love when people whip out this picture' Is it OK for you to think this man is over the top but I can't think Tommy Lee is? I put this picture to show that everybody can express themselves their own way. Tattoos are very common today. 20 years ago a person with a lot of tattoos was odd, today every type of person has a tattoo. I don't care for them myself but that is just me. Sorry if you thought I was saying something else.

08-01-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Hope this explains what I mean.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-08-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
I understand that you don't care for tattoos -- but you gotta admit that things like "beauty" and "cool" are completely subjective.

For instance, I see the above picture (a few posts up) of the heavily modified person -- and I laugh (not in a bad way). No, I'd never consider doing that myself, and the people that I'm comfortable socializing with are not into heavy-duty body mod. BUT, that guy looks really happy. That's why I laughed.

As for cool -- I personally find a tattoo of Weird Al to be much cooler than random tribal imagery. Tribal tattoos are very fashionable. Yes, they can be very beautiful, but we all know that many people get tribal tats for reasons other than culture & meaning. It takes much more individuality and nerve and cool to have Weird Al put on your body. (Tommy Lee has Weird Al too, right? Or is that actually Tommy Lee's leg?)

Not that I have a problem with people choosing a tat based on fashion (it's why I have one). It's up to each individual WHY they choose to modify. Is it part of their heritage (like tribal stuff)? Is it part of their chosen culture (biker community, rockstar)? Or do they just think about it like a piece of jewellery (like I did)?

So yeah -- I understand that you don't like tats, and you don't like Weird Al -- but ink is a part of Dave & Tommy Lee's world. Saying they've overdone it is kinda pointless. Now if they were investment bankers...

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-01-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
My issue is that so many of these folks have overdone it. A few tattoos is one thing, but when you look at some of these folks (Tommy included) you can't concentrate on them most of the time, because you are distracted by the tattoos, some of which are fugly.
>
>

08-01-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
>My issue is that so many
>of these folks have overdone
>it. A few tattoos
>is one thing, but when
>you look at some of
>these folks (Tommy included) you
>can't concentrate on them most
>of the time, because you
>are distracted by the tattoos,
>some of which are fugly.

I agree. Though I found that I wasn't totally distracted in the case of JD. I just really found him hot so the tatoos were just "there".

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-01-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
Though I found that I wasn't totally distracted in the case of JD. I just really found him hot . . .

You said it, sister!!!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-06, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
I think Tattoos are ao common now that they are becoming conformist.

My prediction (based upon zero insider information) is that tattoos will be unpopular with the next generation. In 20 years the women with tattoos will be paying big bucks to remove them because their tatoos will age them the way yellow shag carpet ages a house.

08-02-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-06 AT 09:43 PM (EST)

You are 100% correct. They remind me of the cars from the 80s-90s with all the ground FX. Cool for sometime but outdated fast.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-07-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"

I don't have any tattoo's but I would be willing to get one that would be easily coverable, somewhat classy, and I would never be sorry I had it. My problem is I can't even think of a vanity license plate that would be cool to me for the life of a car (loan?) let alone something that is permanently etched in my skin.

I have a friend with a big black widow on his arm that he got after getting his heart broken while he was overseas in the Army. Now he is reminded of that pain everytime he looks in the mirror. That always makes me think twice when considering a tattoo.

But to each their own, and if someone wants to get some ink, it doesn't really bother me.

08-07-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
. My
>problem is I can't even
>think of a vanity license
>plate that would be cool
>to me for the life
>of a car (loan?)

lol. I know what you mean. I think mine would be too long. I always said these 6 words should have been on my birth certificate.....but it may be too long for a license plate.

"Don't Tell Me What To Do"

2smart4u 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-07-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2smart4u Click to send private message to 2smart4u Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"
i think they all look stupid. now that 90 million daring individualists all have 'made a statement' by gettting tats, what makes any one stand out in a crowd? its the people who don't have any that appear to have any individuality!

08-07-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
30. "Dana'a new tattoo"
I still don't understand why Dana got that style of tattoo.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-07-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rockstar's Tattoos"

Also, did EPMB pay for Dilana, Patrice, and all to get fresh ink during the first week?

It seemed after the little Tattoo love fest between the girls in week 2 the art seemed very bright.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •