The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cutting to the Chase"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cutting to the Chase"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

Alright, this is about over, and while its been fun to speculate about what was and is going to happen, lets just cut to the chase.

Let me make several assumptions first:

(1) This contest is not rigged.
(2) Each of the final three will sing 2 INXS songs on Tuesday.
(3) INXS really is going to pick a lead singer after hearing one of the 3 actually sing at most 5 INXS songs (J.D.) and as little as 3 INXS songs (Marty or Mig).
(4) It was truely between Mig and Suzie for elimination last Wednesday.
(5) INXS will basically say something fairly complimenatry to each performer despite whether they felt the performance was good or not.
(6) INXS has already decided and the final is nothing more than a feel good show with no bearing on the outcome.

Assuming all of the above, then here is how it plays out.

Marty will not be chosen. Sorry Marty fans, but this has been apparent really from day one. Under no set of circumstances can Marty really front INXS. People talk about going in a new direction, then Marty is the guy. Listen to Marty's band lovehammers, is that the direction, or some form thereof? Realistically, Marty is grunge, . . . high energy with a lot of screaming, and the ability to play an accoustic number here and there. Nivana's accoustical stuff was great don't forget, but could Kurt Cobain ever front INXS? It is like oil and water and there is no middle ground of mixing what Marty referred to as "dance music" with his grunge. Marty has 0 chance. Let me say it again, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 chance.

Mig will not be chosen. Again assuming the factual statements set forth above, then J.D. is the choice over Mig. J.D. got the nod over Mig based upon what happened on Wednesday, i.e. Mig being in the bottom two if you will. Its not as obvious as Marty, but Mig also has a big fat 0 chance to win this.

J.D. will be chosen, its as certain as death and taxes. J.D. has a hit song written in part by a member of INXS and has consistently been told that he seems to be trying the hardest to win the competition. J.D.'s voice is best suited to sing the back catalogue. There is no real need to deviate much from what INXS has done in the past. Sure the new music will need to have a more modern sound to it, but the key for any band that has been successful is to update the sound while keeping the old feeling of the band alive. INXS can move forward with J.D. and update the sound while staying true to the INXS feel to the music. Mig has brought nothing to the table to imply he can do anything for the band other than sing their songs. J.D. not only has showcased his ability to write, but also his ability to rearrange songs.

Now to digress just a bit. INXS' music thrives on sex appeal, in part based upon their lead singer, but also on the grove to their music. While I know a lot of girls find Mig appealing, a lot of others do not. But here is the real problem. With J.D., its like, ok, my girlfriend wants to have meaningless sex with him, but thats o.k., because he seems cool enough and I could hang out with him. With Mig, its like o.k., my girlfriend wants to have sex with him because she thinks he will listen to her afterward, but that is not o.k. . . . because he's obviosly gay. I think most guys will back me on this one, and I think INXS can see that as well. If I'm dancing with a girl and trying to get get in with her while an INXS song is playing, and all of the sudden Mig pops into my head, its over, and I'm walking off the dance floor.

Having said all of that, there is no doubt in my mind that J.D. will be the new lead singer of INXS. I will be absolutely shocked if J.D. is not chosen and believe forever that each assumption that I made above is asolutely false and this show was completely staged.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cutting to the Chase jpl68 09-16-05 1
 RE: Cutting to the Chase queenbee 09-16-05 2
   RE: Cutting to the Chase jpl68 09-16-05 3
       RE: Cutting to the Chase funkalicious 09-16-05 4
           RE: Cutting to the Chase queenbee 09-16-05 5
               RE: Cutting to the Chase photokitty 09-16-05 6
               RE: Cutting to the Chase jpl68 09-16-05 7
 RE: Cutting to the Chase shanana banana 09-17-05 8
   RE: Cutting to the Chase jpl68 09-17-05 9
       RE: Cutting to the Chase trigirl 09-18-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-16-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
O.K., well, I just heard a radio cut by Marty, J.D. and Mig today. Marty sang Suicide Blonde. Well, now, . . . I have to admit it, it was really pretty good. I actually enjoyed the song. J.D. did his typical with Mystify. Solid. Mig was terrible. Mig threw in a high pitched whooo-hooo in the song, it was really pretty bad. So, I am revising my earlier post. Mig has 0 0 0 0 0 0 chance and Marty has a 20% chance. I'm so fickle.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
OK, so I'm not a fan of JD. But unfortunately for me and the other Marty and Mig fans, what you're saying makes a lot of sense, jpl.

I don't agree with everything you said. For instance, I believe that Marty COULD lead this band and take them in a very interesting direction that I would love to see and that I think would be successful.

And I think Mig does bring a lot to the table. He's been playing piano and rearranging songs just as much as anybody. He seems to have a better understanding of the complexity of the music than anyone else. Also, I don't think he is gay. A little effeminate, definitely, But not gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

But you make a very good point about why INXS will choose JD. They're not ready to change the way Marty will force them to. And they don't seem to know what to make of Mig. That leaves our friend JD.

My only consolation is that I know this will not be the last I see of my boy Marty. And I can't wait to buy his CD, whether it's with INXS or not. He's got a true new fan in me, and I see big things for his future.

But here's hoping the final is interesting anyway!

09-16-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

I like Marty a lot truthfully, just not as the next lead singer of INXS. I would much rather see Marty do something different where he can simply be himself. I don't think Mig is gay either. My point was simply as a guy, you want to like the lead singer and the really only way to do that is to view him as being "cool" like you. If the singer is a little more artsie, caring, sensitive and the like, and women think he is such a sweet nice guy, lol, there must be something wrong with him, . . . leading the the "cool" guy fall back conclusion that, . . . he must be obviously gay. Notwithstanding that I don't really think Mig is gay, he did simulate jumping rope and skipping on stage during "What You Need". He also played air guitar, another big no no.

funkalicious 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funkalicious Click to send private message to funkalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
LMAO!! And let's not forget the photo shoot: "This is fun, wheeeeeee!"

I don't know what they were thinking, but the "80s/90s/today" radio station we play in the office played a Richard Marx tune from 1989 -- "Don't you knoOH ... I won't give up until I'm sat-is-fied ... whoa, oh, OH, OH!!!" Hideous. Yet still, I'd choose Richard over Miggie any day ... I'll bet they have the same hairstylist, too.

Time to send Mig's picture to the camel toe report:

http://ctoe.bolt.com/celebrity.html

Oops, I'm off topic. JPL, I agree with your prediction. I'd say Marty has a 20% chance as well 'cuz anything is possible. However, I'd say there's a 60% chance that Mig gets the can first, then they tell JD that he's right for our band, THEN they say "WAIT WAIT! Marty, we think your music is spectacular and we want the Lovehammers to open for us on tour."

Thoughts?

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
You're good, funkalicious. Actually, that would make me pretty happy. I'd pay to see that show...

But I still think Mig is kind of the wild card. We have only heard him sing one INXS song, and it was pretty darn good. He clearly has a lot of fans, since he has only been in the bottom three once. Maybe he'll surprise the boys with something special that none of us saw coming. You never know. If Marty has 20% chance to pull this off, I give Mig a 10% chance. It would certainly make for a more interesting show.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"

> We have only heard
> sing one INXS song,

One was enough. Really.

09-16-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
If you go to inxs.com and search around and go back to the first of the month or end of last month they have a download from a radio gig and Mig sings "I need you tonight". Its not bad for Mig, but its like he is trying way to hard to be . . . I don't know, something. Anyhow, I agree, with you funkster, but think its a long shot for Lovehammers to open for INXS, . . . with Marty mania going wild I would be afraid if I were INXS that they might be booed off stage. Think how diverse the crowd would be as well. It would make for an interesting mosh pit, though. I do think that they will totally pull the Apprentice "you're hired" instead of "you're fired" switch and call out one of the performers, obviously making it look like they are going to say "sorry, you're just not right for the band" only to then say, "you're right for our band INXS".

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
Did everybody miss the episode where MiG's wife visited the mansion after MiG won the encore?? Or the episodes previous where he talks about missing his wife? Etc Etc?

I'm sick of people saying that a man has to be gay if he doesn't act like an a-hole or a he-man. I guess Dave Navarro must be gay as well? And who really cares, anyway?jeez...........

Back on the real topic, I agree that JD will probably win, due to the success of Pretty Vegas. Otherwise, I think MiG would have a better chance -- right now I think working against him is the fact that he's only sung INXS one time (although he kicked @ss doing so) and that he doesn't have a hit single ready in the can like JD. Marty I think has no chance, even though I think he sings INXS well.

Really, no matter who wins, I think they would do well for INXS. That's why I'm happy with this finale -- I could see any of the three winning and be happy. What's going to make me sad is watching the other two lose -- I think it will be very emotional. Especially if JD does happen to lose -- I think they'll need to call a psychiatrist in because I think he'd lose it.

09-17-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
I think Dave is bi-sexual, not gay, but look, I don't think people think Mig is gay, I don't, as I stated in an earlier post. Having said that, Mig did skip rope, do jumping jacks, hold his arm out and do a half circle while stomping one foot and played air guitar. His stage performance is a little teen-boppy for me that is all.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-18-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cutting to the Chase"
Absolutely, positively agree with everything you've said jpl68. Even the MiG and his ambiguity part, lol. I know he's straight, but he sure made my DH uncomfortable while watching his performance last week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •