The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which songs have you purchased and downloaded?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-10-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which songs have you purchased and downloaded?"
So far I have purchased 9 songs from the series, most recently trees.
How about the rest of you?
I have these:
Bohemian Rhapsody
Man Who sold the World
Maggie May
Wish you were here
I Alone
Trees
Knocking on heaven's door
Imagine
Live & Let Die.

The good thing about listening to them over and over again without watching the performances, is that you can hear some of the problems better.

Such as:

In Maggie May Ty definitely says MARY one time instead of Maggie

In Bohemian Rhapsody at one point one of the choir members must have been poked with a hot fork!

In Live & Let Die MIG was totally off key and out of breath a few times.

Jordis has a lovely voice and I love it but she does sound much the same in all of her good pieces.

In the songs I have, Marty is the stand out. All of his sounded good on the show and they sound just as good on my car stereo.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which songs have you purchased ... Cassandra 09-10-05 1
 RE: Which songs have you purchased ... LaLaLisa 09-13-05 2
   RE: Which songs have you purchased ... weltek 09-13-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-10-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which songs have you purchased and downloaded?"
So far I have downloaded:

Trees
Wish You Were Here
Hit Me Baby, One More Time

And Everlong but the Foo Fighters version

Of the other songs, I'm trying to keep to the ones that will still be enjoyable in a few months so will probably download:

The Man Who Sold the World
Most of the rest of Marty's (so I can burn to a disc)

On the other performers, I'm going to have to relisten to be able to tell if I'll enjoy six months from now. So far, I'm happy with the downloaded ones.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Which songs have you purchased and downloaded?"
I hadn't downloaded any when you first posted this but now that I have, I totally agree on how it sounds different:

So far I have downloaded:

ROCKSTAR COVERS:

CA Dreamin
Cold As Ice
Hand in My Pocket
Okay - ALL of the JD songs (even "We Are the Champions"! I'm nothing if not faithful.)
Man Who Sold the World - Jordis
Hit me Baby One More Time - Marty
No Woman No Cry - Ty
Baby I Love Your Way - MiG

I ordered a bunch more of the originals of songs - once I listened to a snippet there were some that I had originally loved of the Rockstar cover but didn't hold up in comparison (Deanna vs. Melissa Ethridge and Jordis vs. Guns n Roses on "Knockin on Heaven's Door." That really surprised me because I remember really loving her version.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Which songs have you purchased and downloaded?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-05 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

Those are pretty much the ones on my list to download. I'm so excited to have a Rock Star cd to listen to!

Ok, just downloaded:

JORDIS: Man who sold the world, Imagine & The reason

MIG: Baby I love your way

MARTY: Trees, Wish you were here, Mr. Brightside, Take me out, Baby one more time

JD: Suspicious minds, The Letter, Pretty Vegas, California Dreamin, As tears go by, Hand in my Pocket & Come as you are

TY: No woman, no cry

For .99 each, I didn't need the rest of them.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •