The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interesting tidbits from INXS.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-11-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interesting tidbits from INXS.com"
Am I the only one who hasn't checked out www.inxs.com? There's a whole lot that never makes it on air.

http://www.inxs.com/index.php?section=news&page=home&id=507
4 September 2005

One of our kind?
As Rock Star: INXS continues to unfold each week, one thing has become very clear - the performances are just one of the aspects from which INXS will make the final decision. INXS are not simply looking for great singer with great stage presence and the potential to write a good song - they're looking for chemistry. They're looking to connect. They're looking for a band mate...

From the early worldwide auditions in far-flung musical hotbed locations such as Seattle, New Orleans, London and Sydney, INXS was there every step of the way making sure that the talent found was of the highest possible level. And since the show's been on air the band members have continued to mix with the singers on both levels - business and pleasure.

INXS have kept themselves right in the center of the vortex, working together and socializing with the singers to get to know the individuals both in a musical and on a personal level. Whether it be promo junkets, party singalongs, studio jams or taking the opportunity to joining the house band and play behind the singers, INXS has been there at every opportunity.

To date Andrew Farriss, Garry Beers and Jon Farriss have all had stints onscreen during the results episode playing with the House Band and backing the singers. "I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to get up there and play behind the actual singers along with the House Band," says Andrew. "It's good to get a feel for what it would be like to be on stage with them."

In addition to performing during a few of the elimination episodes, INXS has done two radio shows with a shifting combination of singers. The Star Lounge featured JD and Suzie running through 'Need You Tonight', 'Mystify', and a duet of 'Never Tear Us Apart' backed up by Kirk, Andrew and Jon. Remarking about the experience, Jon said, "It is always great to see how professional these singers can be. It is also really good for them to get out of The Mansion and do something different." (See exclusive video links to the right)

As the clinics are intended to challenge the singers and the performance shows are intended to show off their singing skills, some interesting variations have taken place. A special "acoustic" performance show placed the singers amid an unplugged atmosphere complete with a four-piece string section to bring out their true vocal capabilities. The acoustic concept spilled over into the next radio show for Westwood One. Kirk explains, "Andrew and I expanded the acoustic theme and headed down to Westwood One's studios to do some more radio promo. Jordis and Mig did 'Never Tear Us Apart' and 'Need You Tonight' respectably, and they then duetted on 'Mystify'. They came up with some really great harmonies!"

Both sessions went down a storm and give an added insight into the partnering of the singers with the band outside of the show, which is so important to this whole thing working. These radio sessions also gave the INXS band members an important insight into how well the singers cope with live-to-air media. (See exclusive audio/video links to the right)

Off camera and off-limits to media, A-list social gatherings at The Mansion have led to singalongs and spontaneous jams between the singers, INXS and special guests. The recent loose "Mansion Jam" parties have been balanced by more serious "Studio Jam" recording sessions at the band's LA recording studio where INXS have been plotting their new album. Bringing the singers into the studio environment gives everyone involved a taste of how well they can mesh and lets the band interact professionally with them in a mutually creative atmosphere. (See exclusive video link to the right)

Working together on a new INXS song, 'Us' during the most recent clinic, vocal takes on the reflective track showed the range and depth of execution the singers have to offer with some telling results.

As Rock Star: INXS moves into the final phases, expect more canny cross-blending between INXS and the singers, integrating themselves closer and closer to together, all with the purpose of finding a new band mate. More to follow...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... jpl68 09-11-05 1
 RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... jpl68 09-11-05 2
   RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... LaLaLisa 09-12-05 3
 RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... LaLaLisa 09-12-05 4
   RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... jpl68 09-12-05 7
 RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... LaLaLisa 09-12-05 5
 RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.c... LaLaLisa 09-12-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-11-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com"
I just went there myself for the first time tonight. Here is what I find troubling, though. I could only get Mig's version of "Need You Tonight". Were you able to get any of the others? If not, I'm back full throttle on Mig is a plant and has already won. Tonight's show was edited I thought to show that Mig was the weakest of the contender's and J.D. was the strongest. Thus, Mig will obviously now win, and too boot, he is the only voice on INXS.com. I was somewhat suprised by his version, however, as I didn't think it was that bad, actually. Notwithstanding, I still don't really like is voice. I just don't like his high range.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-11-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com"
All right I finally found all of the songs except for J.D. and Suzie singing Never Tear Us Apart. I'm back off the Mig is a plant theory. I need to get a life obviously. J.D. has to win, right?

09-12-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com - Tim's views"
Tim's blog

8/2/05
For me personally Marty, Suzie and JD are the singers who have improved remarkably. They've really risen above their performance stations - particulalrly Suzie. JD may not yet have proved to be that vocally proficient but I think he can learn and benefit as the weeks and the clinics progress. Marty is clever and intelligent. He's humble too and always listen to your advice, then tries to put it into play.

8/19/05
This week my wife Buffy is visiting me in LA. She is out with some other friends from Australia today while I do interviews and catch up on my blogs.

I'll be taking her up to the mansion after next week's performance show so she can meet the final seven singers. The time we get to spend with these singers is really important as one of them will be joining the band and joining our INXS family.

So, this week's elimination saw Jessica leave. She does sing INXS really well but we have to listen to the fans and you guys keep putting her in the bottom three. Something that INXS have been thinking about - especially this week with 3 girls in the bottom three - is that you guys don't want to see a female lead singer in INXS. We are open to a female singer, as she would not draw comparison to Michael, but we have to listen to what the world wants. We were also surprised to see Suzie in the bottom 3 again as I thought that her rendition of the Sam Cooke song was great, it gave me chills.

09-12-05, 10:28 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com - Kirk"
Excerpts from Kirk's blog:

8/10/05
Everyone hates Wednesdays... Firstly it's get up at sunrise and secondly we have to send someone home! Kind of thought the public may put Brandon and Jessica in the bottom 3 but I didn't expect Suzie to be in there. I don't know why she's not coming across that well because she really was fantastic on the performance night. Considering she did her own great arrangement of 'Losing My Religion' she actually seemed more relaxed than usual. She really has grown on me as a performer during the series.

8/19/05
AF and I expanded the acoustic theme and also headed down to Westwood One's studios with Mig And Jordis to do some more radio promo. Jordis and Mig did 'Never Tear Us Apart' and 'Need You Tonight' respectably and they then duetted on 'Mystify'. Really great harmonies!

8/25/05
We threw a curveball at the singers this week where two of them would have to do original songs and not covers. Mig and Deanna pulled that straw. Personally I preferred Deanna's song of the two, but come Wednesday we had to let her go. The results show on Black Wednesday was the most emotional yet. It's getting very tough and personal now

9/1/05
In between the gym, chiropractor, acupuncture, yoga sessions and reading Motley Crue's 'The Dirt', this last week has involved a lot of preparation work on the album. Lots of meetings with management, Epic’s A&R team and our agent too. Plus our producer Guy Chambers has arrived. We also had the remaining six singers down to the studio with us to play them a bunch of new songs and the jam on a few more originals with them. Essential for us to mix with them outside of TV world.

09-12-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com - Kirk"
Maybe someone should remind Kirk that J.D. did the arrangement for Suzie on Losing My Religion.

09-12-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com - Garry"
8/9/05
We then headed up to the mansion for a party. Although I felt a little apprehensive as we had just "judged" the singers performances and made some good and bad comments about what they did, they were all really welcoming.

There were a lot of really interesting people there including Venus and Serena Williams and Ray Liotta. Andrew and Kirk got up and started jamming with the singers on a few songs too. Great fun and goo to mix it up with the singers.

8/19/05
I just wanted to drop in a couple of lines to explain that I will not be on the show during this forthcoming week. Unfortunately and unavoidably I'm about to fly home for a few days due to a family emergency.

While I am away I am trusting my band mates will make all the right decisions...

09-12-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Interesting tidbits from INXS.com - Jon"
8/2/05
Whilst it's important for us to sit and watch the singers each week I personally started feeling the frustration of wanting to get up their and play too. I WANTED to play. And when Garry felt the same - even better. It felt fantastic. Strange but exciting. It was very odd to be playing someone else's kit and even stranger playing with someone singing INXS songs who I'd never played with before.

A lot has been made about last week's decision to lose two people instead of one. But it was a band decision that we ultimately all agreed upon even though initially there were polarities between the five of us. It was a case of "let's stop messing around here"... They both had to go.

I realise there has also been comments regarding my apparent harshness of comment towards Daphna for having "murdered" The Clash's 'Rock The Casbah', but what she had to realise was that she was on hallowed ground by choosing to cover that band. INXS are huge Clash fans. We were honoured that the material and its publishing rights were even licensed for the show.

But on the flipside, I do realise it would have been more constructive to feedback on why I felt she'd murdered it... I have since seen Daphna and apologised to her and explained my comments but I could see my comments had left a sore spot with her. Ultimately though I don't feel Daphna really heeded the advice we were giving across the weeks.

8/9/05
From this week's performers, Suzie was outstanding. She always surprises me. She can pull out some pretty serious chops. She uplifts it every time. Marty pulled out his acoustic guitar and to do that takes guts. What he did, he did well. He's on the right track and took himself away from the pack and did his own thing.

After the performance show taping, we headed up to the mansion for a party. I spent my time talking to the singers to get to know them personally - the vibe was incredible.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •