The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Request Songs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Dorian 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dorian Click to send private message to Dorian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Request Songs"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-05 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-18-05 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

I was just at the MSN Rockstar site and was pleased to see the current results of the poll asking folks to select which song they would like to hear the contestants sing. As of this moment most of the folks want to hear the contestants do something new and not an encore performance of a song they've already done.

In other words, viewers are saying "Show us what you can do, not what you've done." I think if I had to hear "Baby I Love Your Way" or "No Woman, No Cry" one more time I would run screaming for American Idol reruns.

What hooked me on this show was the rock edge that came out the first couple of weeks. The accoustical set should have been accompanied by a voice in the background saying, "All skate, All skate. Skate slowly and safely in the same direction, all skate."

Has anybody else noticed that since Mark Bunett introduced the J.D. controversy this show is slowly becoming pablum?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Request Songs weltek 08-19-05 1
 RE: Request Songs Cassandra 08-21-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Request Songs"
yay-I agree this is good news! I voted for all the wildcard songs except for Susie. I voted for her REM performance again just because I didn't want to hear another do one of my favorite slow songs. Bonnie Raitt does it very well I don't personally care to have one of these peeps ruin it for me anymore.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-21-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Request Songs"

>I was just at the MSN
>Rockstar site and was pleased
>to see the current results
>of the poll asking folks
>to select which song they
>would like to hear the
>contestants sing. As of
>this moment most of the
>folks want to hear the
>contestants do something new and
>not an encore performance of
>a song they've already done.

Agreed. But I am disappointed that INXS are still repeating songs as the wildcard choice but having a different person sing them. I really don't want to hear "We Are the Champions", "Paranoid" or "Everlong" again, even if it's Jordis, Deanna, and Marty performing instead of J.D., Tara, and Ty. Why can't they do new songs for all the rockers? Did they not get permission for the use of different songs?

Not sure if it's the J.D. controversy but I'm starting to feel that Marty, MiG and Jordis are safe for the next few weeks since INXS can protect whomever they want. I feel like skipping a few weeks if the results are going to be predictable. That's the good and bad thing about AI. Unpredictability. There's always someone who deserves to go home but keeps beating out better singers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •