The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Deanna comment - east coast"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Deanna comment - east coast"
She just butchered that song! My god!!!!! That is my ultimate favourite song in the whole INXS collection and I almost cried listening to it! I hope she goes home!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Deanna comment - east coast cycles2k 08-17-05 1
   RE: Deanna comment - east coast Aussiemama 08-17-05 2
       RE: Deanna comment - east coast cycles2k 08-17-05 3
 RE: Deanna comment - east coast KittyMeghanLeah2 08-18-05 4
   RE: Deanna comment - east coast Wacko Jacko 08-18-05 5
       RE: Deanna comment - east coast riverrocker 08-18-05 6
 RE: Deanna comment - east coast Glow 08-18-05 7
 RE: Deanna comment - east coast Dorian 08-18-05 8
   RE: Deanna comment - east coast Glow 08-18-05 9
       RE: Deanna comment - east coast Dorian 08-18-05 10
       RE: Deanna comment - east coast photokitty 08-18-05 11
           RE: Deanna comment - east coast byoffer 08-18-05 12
               RE: Deanna comment - east coast photokitty 08-19-05 14
       RE: Deanna comment - east coast cycles2k 08-18-05 13
 RE: Deanna comment - east coast weltek 08-19-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-17-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
It is such a wonderful song and I thought she did OK but it doesn't suit her personality.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
She looked like she was having an epileptic fit or needed to go to the loo really badly. That whole chicken bopping thing is horrible and the waving of the hands. It is a beautiful ballard and should be sung reverently.

08-17-05, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
She does that chicken walk think in every song so I figure it must be her stage personality. I stopped watching and just listened to the vocals and found it to be much more enjoyable.

KittyMeghanLeah2 52 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to send private message to KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
I know girl.. no one can sing it like Michael Hutchence did. I did think Deanna was a little too "extreme" and wild w/ her body language.. She should have moved a lot better to match the song's emotions.
Sorry she messed it up for you, I felt bad but I reminded myself that she definitely won't be fronting INXS so I was not too worried about it.
She might go home soon.. relax..

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-18-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Deanna should've been the one to go home last night. I thought Jessica was pretty good last night. Maybe INXS was sick of seeing Jessica in the bottom three and had seen enough.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-18-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
>Deanna should've been the one to
>go home last night.
>I thought Jessica was pretty
>good last night. Maybe
>INXS was sick of seeing
>Jessica in the bottom three
>and had seen enough.

Would have to agree with all you said.

And on the other note, yes, we thought she really didn't do the song well.

Wonder why they wouldn't boot two? Anyone know how many more weeks the show is to run???

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
I like Deanna's voice. I enjoyed her performance.

INXS likes Deanna's voice. They obviously didn't want to let her go yet. I agree 100% with their decision last night.

Dorian 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dorian Click to send private message to Dorian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Not having been an INXS fan I wasn't all that familiar with the song, so it was like hearing it for the first time. I like the freshness of new singers approaching a song with their own style. If I wanted to hear someone do it like the original, I would simply buy the original.

I liked Deanna's voice. For most of the show I usually close my eyes for at least half of the songs and concentrate on what I'm hearing, not what I'm seeing. If stage antics determined whether a singer was worthy of being a rock star Joe Cocker never would have made it.

There's an intangible that some folks like about Deanna. I'm one of those folks. She's not a good fit for INXS but I look forward to seeing where her career goes. I'm a fan.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Yeah, what Dorian said. Much better than how I said it.

Although I do find Deanna pretty sexy.

Dorian 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dorian Click to send private message to Dorian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
No doubt, she's easy on the eyes. I thought I was alone when I thought she looked pretty hot on Tuesday night. As this show has proven on many levels, there is no accounting for taste.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"

I think Deanna sang more poorly than Jessica, but she was more passionate about it. Jessica seemed to be on auto pilot. Maybe the band saw that, too. Plus, Jessica always has a snarky response...It seemed that INXS was trying to buck up Deanna's confidence a bit, both in their comments and by (perhaps) not cutting her this time. But, there's always next week.

As for appearance:
Deanna is a beautiful woman,
Jessica is a pretty girl.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Woman vs girl is an interesting point. The INXS guys are not young (someone else can fill in the ages), and I was wondering if that might have an impact. While Jordis may be the concensus best female, I can't imagine INXS touring with a 22-year-old! At least Deanna is mid-thirties.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Well, what I was getting at is this:
Because of the woman/girl thing, I just think their blood leaves their brain (ya know?) when Deanna is onstage, and so they preferred to cut Jessica.

08-18-05, 11:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
Although I do find Deanna pretty sexy.

The only one I find sexy is Brooke. I find the remaining three women to be really likable though. I think Deanna is the weakest of the three, but I am going to miss her when she is gone.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Deanna comment - east coast"
I agree, I thought it was HORRIBLE! How could they say she did a good job?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •