The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-11, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
Does anyone happen to remember the mission statement we got from the casting department after the end of last season? The one which basically went 'If we don't completely restore and exceed all previous levels of star power next time around, everything we do produce has to be considered as an epic fail'? Well, mission accomplished: Epic Fail it is. In terms of celebrity tiers, it's hard to imagine a season Failing more Epically.

Put it this way: when you can swap me in and not lose a measurable percentage of the wattage, something has gone wrong.

You have to give them credit, really. It's hard to imagine any casting department achieving this perfect a mix of 'Who?', 'Why?', and 'Was everyone else dead?' without actively working for it. We haven't seen this kind of overprediction vs. actual results since the last time Donald opened his mouth and lies tumbled out. In fact, the lies could go dancing and draw higher poll numbers. Applause is in order, or at least surrender. Wave goodbye to your ratings, ABC -- but expect a thank-you card from Simon in the physical mail. Postage due.

And if you haven't seen the list yet and don't understand why I'm reacting this way...

David Arquette
Ron Artest
Chaz Bono
Elisabetta Canalis
Kristin Cavallari
Nancy Grace
Rob Kardashian
Carson Kressley
Ricki Lake
J.R. Martinez
Chynna Phillips
Hope Solo

...now you do.

Well, maybe after twenty minutes of research.

Why bother handicapping the field when the casting department already hobbled the show?

Welcome to the first year where the professionals are the entire voting base draw.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Snidget 08-30-11 1
   Who are these victims? Estee 08-30-11 2
       RE: Who are these victims? Belle Book 08-30-11 6
 RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Sagebrush Dan 08-30-11 3
   RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Estee 08-30-11 4
       RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... mindy23 08-30-11 5
           RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Round Robin 08-30-11 7
               RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Estee 08-30-11 8
                   RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Belle Book 08-30-11 9
                   RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Round Robin 08-31-11 11
                       RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Estee 08-31-11 13
       RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... Sagebrush Dan 08-30-11 10
           RE: Season #13: handicapping the -... millie 08-31-11 12
 Partners announced. Estee 08-31-11 14
   RE: Partners announced. dragonflies 08-31-11 15
       RE: Partners announced. Round Robin 08-31-11 16
           RE: Partners announced. qwertypie 09-04-11 28
   RE: Partners announced. Snidget 08-31-11 17
       RE: Partners announced. Estee 08-31-11 18
   RE: Partners announced. Belle Book 08-31-11 22
 In which Wikipedia attempts to expl... Estee 08-31-11 19
   RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to ... JessicaRN 08-31-11 20
       For the record: Estee 08-31-11 21
           RE: For the record: JessicaRN 08-31-11 23
               RE: For the record: Estee 09-01-11 26
   RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to ... Loree 09-01-11 24
       RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to ... Estee 09-01-11 27
   RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to ... Round Robin 09-01-11 25
 Program note. Estee 09-16-11 29
   RE: Program note. Snidget 09-16-11 30
       RE: Program note. Round Robin 09-17-11 31
           RE: Program note. Estee 09-17-11 33
               RE: Program note. Round Robin 09-18-11 34
       RE: Program note. Sagebrush Dan 09-17-11 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-11, 07:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
Without googling....
David Arquette--He married Courtney Cox, and I think I've seen him do some acting as well.
Ron Artest--Name is familiar, can't place where I know it from
Chaz Bono--He'll always be that cute little shy girl on his parent's show to me.
Elisabetta Canalis--Slept with George Clooney, right? But then who hasn't?
Kristin Cavallari--The Hills
Nancy Grace......runs screaming from the thread

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

Now that I have had my exercise and put myself in denial

Rob Kardashian--There are Boy Kardashians? I thought it was some sort of female only tribe.
Carson Kressley--Name familiar, but not sure what
Ricki Lake--Probably the biggest name of the group. Actress, hosted a talk show
J.R. Martinez--who??? probably a male athlete
Chynna Phillips--From Wilson Phillips, singer
Hope Solo--Han Solo has a sister? I think she's some kind of athlete.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-30-11, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Who are these victims? "
David Arquette: Indifferent actor who has produced some very indifferent films. Well, the best ones are indifferent. The worst ones are sterling crap. (Has somewhat better luck with TV shows, but only when relying on his wife.) Was WCW champion for a time, and ye gawds, do I wish Vince could tell you that story: the Wikipedia entry almost makes it look sane. One of those people you see everywhere and wish you could stop.

Ron Artest/Metta World Peace: Insane. Dennis Rodman's spiritual successor in the NBA, only with extra in-career jail time and without the wedding dress. May donate his entire salary to charity. May show up on premiere night and take out the entire cast with hand grenades. You never know and you really don't want to find out. Must be really confident in the entire season being locked out, has one great escape clause in his contract, or just doesn't care. Because he's insane. Will flagrantly foul the panel. Will dance drunk, live! Will lock his partner in the basement for a week. Will cause the mass firing of the casting department, so at least there's that. And will make you wish for death: his or yours, whichever gets him out of your sight faster.

Chaz Bono: Not his first reality show: was a team captain for Celebrity Fit Club. Beyond that, never struck me as being one of those big men who's naturally graceful on his feet. I suspect he may have the least amount of natural talent in the group and could easily be the most injury-prone of the contestants. Plus he has to overcome The Most Conservative Series Voter Base In America. It's a family show! -- which typically means 'we only accept one kind of family.'

Elisabetta Canalis: I have not had sex with George Clooney. However, he did very graciously refund my money for a Batman Forever rental, out of his own pocket. Nice guy. As for her... she's a model, and that's about the sum total of all the States know about her.

Kristin Cavallari: They will tap this well until it runs dry.

Nancy Grace: May just be on the show to try and force Ron Artest into suicide. Will treat any score of less than 10 as an agenda meant to destroy her and will ignore any evidence of her own poor skills as if it was appearing on NBC. Cannot be sympathized with. Cannot be rooted for. Almost makes you wish there was a FOX News personality competing against her -- almost. If we are very lucky, her partner will drop her on her head. If we are lucky beyond belief, she might actually feel it.

Rob Kardashian: They tapped this well. It ran dry. And then they dredged up the last bit of mud and told it to start training for the show.

Carson Kressley: The fashion maven from Queer Eye, who has spent his time since commuting between shows, guest appearances, and hanging out in the background at Masterchef parties for free food. The most flamboyant of the original five, completely self-accepting while he's putting your wardrobe down, actually somewhat loveable, and will scare the heartland like nothing since Chaz. But all his outfits will work or the costume department will hang. (And therefore, will draw Kym. Just for the trauma.)

Ricki Lake: Practitioner of double standards as art, religion, and non-codified science with a basis in the theorems of Because I Said So, That's Why. Has somehow gone through life without having someone punch her in the face: this really needs to be rectified. (Oh, Ron...) Can go away forever now. (Oh, Nancy...) And by now, I mean 'ten years ago.' Maybe fifteen. When was she born? Let's work from there.

J.R. Martinez: Already has the spammer corps dedicated to pasting his biography all over the Internet, so let them tell you about him. What I found interesting is that he's a strict formula casting: get a soap star in every possible season -- at a time when there's virtually no soaps left. Essentially a dancing dinosaur: his species is just about extinct. Last chance to see...

Chynna Phillips: Was in a trio for a while. Released a couple of albums. The first one caught, the second one bombed, and everything after that just about fell into that obscure category known as 'A somewhat normal life.' Not particularly remembered (and might be better off for it). Probably launching a comeback from this. May be confused with Chyna at any time. You have already forgotten everything I just said.

Hope Solo: Goalie for the U.S. soccer team, which means that yes, she had a horrible summer, thank you very much, she doesn't want to talk about it. Should be fairly flexible, but goalie skills tend towards movement tracking and short bursts of desperate activity: this doesn't automatically make her a natural dancer. Does have a great name which, in the short attention span generation, might actually be remembered. (Well, at least the first three letters.) Could be the surprise landing point for casual male votes, but look at the rest of the cast. Probably makes F4 just because pretty much every female athlete makes F4. Doesn't seem to have a public identity outside of 'goalie'. Ron will be trying to corrupt her. And sleep with her. Ideally, at the same time.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-30-11, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who are these victims? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-11 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

I think I might like Hope. The others -- I don't really care much about them. Now if they could get a figure skater or a gymnast, then I might care!

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
zzzzzzzzzzz.....

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll end up watching it anyway and really caring about who wins and then forget who wins five minutes after the finale is over and then wait for spring and then be disappointed by the contestants and watch it anyway and...

Phylled by Tribe

08-30-11, 11:01 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
But gee, who is the Monolithic Gay Agenda going to support this season? There's an actual decision to be made! And because it's a Monolithic Agenda where everyone is required to think and act exactly the same way, no one is allowed to split their votes. Gosh, this could totally determine who finishes in eleventh place!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-30-11, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
Stopped watching long ago. I got into the 'who cares' mode way before the snooze and booze fest really hit in. I was afraid for my health.

Have to say, out of curiosity, I took a peek to see if there would be a reason to come back, and no. There isn't. Whatever else is on, or deserves to be DVR'd from the night before, or hey, here's a thought: maybe hubby and I will actually have a conversation?? THAT will be happening on whatever time frame this comes on.

Tom B. I hardly knew ye.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-30-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-11 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

Can't really handicap them before we know the pro partners, but a few opinions:

Ricki Lake-Yeah, she might be the biggest name of this bunch, but she doesn't excite me at all and I just can't see her lifting that mirror ball.

Ron Artest/Metta World Peace/Whatever the hell his next name will be. Too tall to be graceful enough to win a dancing show, and too much of a wackjob.

Kristin Cavallari-Who?

Chynna Phillips-Probably too old.

David Arquette-I actually remember when this doofus was WCW champion, which tells you all you need to know about wrestling. But this guy might actually be half decent if they give him one of the smaller lady pros.

Carson Kressley-Not that familiar with him but my gut tells me this guy might last a while.

Nancy Grace-She won't have much. Plus she's old as dirt.

J.R. Martinez-Besides being a soap star, this guy is an Iraqi war veteran. That'll get him a lot of votes.

Hope Solo-Drop dead gorgeous and an athlete. With the right partner she could be going to Mirror Ball City.

Rob Kardashian-That's 2 Kardashians too many for DWTS.

Elisabetta Kanalis-If she hadn't once been George Clooney's squeeze, nobody would know who the eff she is. Will wash out early like all the other models.

Chaz Bono-Fatter than hell and will have no grace at all. Unless VFTW gets behind him he's a likely 1st round elimination.

08-30-11, 12:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
David Arquette-I actually remember when this doofus was WCW champion, which tells you all you need to know about wrestling.

So would you like to explain that fiasco? Just for the education of the audience. And also to explain why Chris Jericho will show up midseason and throw him into the band. Which will only improve things. And by 'things', I mean 'the band.'

Carson Kressley-Not that familiar with him but my gut tells me this guy might last a while.

To paraphrase HK, he lives on the narrow line between camp and parade, but he's completely sincere about it. He and Ted are arguably the only ones in the Fab Five to stay in any degree of spotlight, and Carson is occasionally adored -- when he's on his own. As a cohost in his own right (see True Beauty), he needs help.

I'm sure he'll have some support and I don't think he's out first. It's just hard to see him advancing all that far.

J.R. Martinez-Besides being a soap star, this guy is an Iraqi war veteran. That'll get him a lot of votes.

Sure will. I'm just worried that it'll get him a lot of votes even if he stands completely still in the middle of the floor for two minutes every week.

Hope Solo-Drop dead gorgeous and an athlete. With the right partner she could be going to Mirror Ball City.

Would you place a dollar on Derek getting her in the not-so-random draw?

08-30-11, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
I would -- that is, if Derek's around this season. He might be acting in a film. Besides, I heard a rumor that she might get Maks.

08-31-11, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
I have also heard that Hope is supposed to get Max, and has been telling people that. As for David Arquette being WCW champion, I can't explain that because it is unexplainable. That's how effed up that whole deal was. And if Chris Jericho came back and threw him into the band or bodyslammed him on the judges' table or set up a folding table on stage and powerslammed him through it, I'd say the rotten little b#st#rd had it coming.

08-31-11, 08:56 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
It's basically a war of show rules: Maksim gets the strong female athlete, but Derek gets the ringer. Now if the strong female athlete happens to be the ringer... I'm presuming Derek wins. And laughs about it. A lot.

08-30-11, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
The Monolithic Gay Agenda is so monolithic that the world-controlling votes will make it a Monolithic Tie between the two, unless God knocks over the Washington Monument just in the nick of time.

Phylled by Tribe

millie 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-31-11, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail millie Click to send private message to millie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season #13: handicapping the -- oh, who cares..."
Well, well well! ABC should change the name of dwts to dwtp aka Dancing with the Pro's! I'm guessing that alot of A- listers were changing their phone numbers when abc came calling. The men and women who were picked or "chased" after to do the show, I'm bettting on J.R. Martinez, Ricki Lake and David Arquette to go all the way to the finals. Out of all the contestants, these three are the only ones i will enjoy watching and vote for.

08-31-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
14. "Partners announced."
This? Is almost funny. In fact, this looks like less of a random draw and more of a chart for just who each professional has recently pissed off and how much.

Note that we have three rookies in the field: Valentin, Peta, and Tristan. And if you can't quite suppress the urge to say "Heavens to murgatroyd!", join the @#$$%^ club.

David Arquette w. Kym Johnson

Ron Artest w. Peta Murgatroyd

Chaz Bono w. Lacey Schwimmer

Elisabetta Canalis w. Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Kristin Cavallari w. Mark Ballas

Nancy Grace w. Tristan McManus

Rob Kardashian w. Cheryl Burke

Carson Kressley w. Anna Trebunskaya

Ricki Lake w. Derek Hough

J.R. Martinez w. Karina Smirnoff

Chynna Phillips w. Tony Dovolani

Hope Solo w. Maksim Chmerkovskiy

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-11, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Partners announced."
Hmm, maybe I'll DVR it and just watch Hope and Maks.

08-31-11, 03:46 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Partners announced."
My opinions, for what they're worth, which ain't very blankin' much:

Ricki & Derek-Somebody must think Ricki will be pretty good or she wouldn't be dancing with Derek.

Ron & Peta-Peta WHO???

Kristin & Mark-Ditto what I said about Ricki & Derek.

Chynna & Tony-I think Tony drew another lemon. I wonder whose @$$ he hasn't kissed enough lately?

David & Kym-Don't like the little b*st*rd but he's got one of the best partners.

Carson & Anna-He probbly won't be THAT good but dancing with Anna he might last a while.

Nancy & Tristan-This is Tristan paying his dues. Nancy will have no grace.

J.R. & Karina-Due to his status as a war veteran, this guy will get lots of votes. And he'll probably dance better than enough people to deserve them.

Hope & Max-Don't like Max but I wouldn't kick Hope out of bed for eating crackers, so I hope he gets his 1st mirror ball.

Rob & Cheryl-Wish she had drawn better than THAT loser.

Elisabetta & Val-She must be mighty freakin' hot to have once been George Clooney's squeeze, because she sure hasn't ever done anything to deserve being famous.

Chaz & Lacey-I wonder who on God's green earth Lacey pi$$ed off to get stuck with this guy?

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-11, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Partners announced."
I am fascinated to see how Lacey and Chaz will interact together. She had a wonderful chemistry with Kyle. I think, out of the female pros this was the best match-up for him (Kym was my other choice)

08-31-11, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Partners announced."
David Arquette w. Kym Johnson--Should be cute together

Ron Artest w. Peta Murgatroyd--Ron sentenced to death by newbie

Chaz Bono w. Lacey Schwimmer--Her weirdness may work in this partnership

Elisabetta Canalis w. Valentin Chmerkovskiy--At least we know the brother so just maiming by newbie.

Kristin Cavallari w. Mark Ballas--Probably has some dance training if she got with Mark.

Nancy Grace w. Tristan McManus--Grace sentenced to death by newbie.

Rob Kardashian w. Cheryl Burke--Not ready for Cheryl to win again are they.

Carson Kressley w. Anna Trebunskaya--Flaming flamboyance!

Ricki Lake w. Derek Hough--She could dance some when younger, but I hope this gets Derek out relatively early.

J.R. Martinez w. Karina Smirnoff--They want the heartfelt story to stick around a bit, although Karina often gets the short end of the stick.

Chynna Phillips w. Tony Dovolani--I don't think this will help her any.

Hope Solo w. Maksim Chmerkovskiy--My guess, the last woman standing in the competition

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

I want a Chaz/Carson/David finale. Transgendered on the stage, Transgendered in the audience and the Queer Eye guys in the audience as well. 'Cause it's a family show, doncha know.

08-31-11, 05:39 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Partners announced."
Nancy Grace w. Tristan McManus--Grace sentenced to death by newbie.

Sentencing before trial is her favorite thing!

I want a Chaz/Carson/David finale. Transgendered on the stage, Transgendered in the audience and the Queer Eye guys in the audience as well.

I honestly forgot Alexis was his sibling. (Or rather, who knew Alexis had a brother?) I wonder if he has her skill with angry confrontations? That'll make the interactions with Len extra-fun.

I think Hope should be the last female in the pack, but I also think this will be the first season where you could realistically pin the majority of votes on the professionals. Either way, Hope should be in good shape -- but Derek is a permanent threat.

There are also people who like Ricki. I find they generally can't explain why.

08-31-11, 07:57 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Partners announced."
Here are my thoughts on each couple:

David & Kym -- should get past the half-way point, but I don't see Kym winning a third time.

Ron & Peta -- one of the first three out.

Chaz & Lacey -- probably also one of the first three out.

Elisabetta & Valentin -- won't get too far.

Kristin & Mark -- might make the finals, but might not either.

Nancy & Tristan -- one unpopular "celebrity" + one unknown pro = one of the first three out.

Rob & Cheryl -- might make the halfway point, might not.

Carson & Anna -- will probably make it past the halfway point but probably won't win.

Ricki & Derek -- they might make the finals -- or might not.

J.R. & Karina -- probably will make the finals unless J.R. is a bad dancer.

Chynna & Tony -- see Rob & Cheryl.

Hope & Maks -- I'll probably vote for them. They'll probably make the finals.

08-31-11, 05:57 PM (EST)
19. "In which Wikipedia attempts to explain the WCW thing."
"In 2000, after filming the World Championship Wrestling (WCW) produced movie Ready to Rumble, Arquette was brought into WCW storylines. He made his first appearance on the April 12 episode of Thunder, first sitting in the crowd then leaping into the ring to take part in a worked confrontation with Eric Bischoff and his New Blood stable. Afterwards he was placed into an alliance with Chris Kanyon and the reigning WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page, and with their help defeated Bischoff in a singles match in the April 24 episode of WCW Monday Nitro. On the following Thunder (April 26), Arquette teamed with Page in a match against Bischoff and Jeff Jarrett with the stipulation that whichever man got the pin would take the championship. Arquette pinned Bischoff again in the match's finish, receiving the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in the process.

During his time as champion, Arquette was mostly used as comic relief. He only appeared on two shows as champion, the May 1 Nitro and May 7 Slamboree pay-per-view. During the former, a vignette was shown, filmed on the set of Arquette's film 3000 Miles to Graceland, which also featured his wife, Courteney Cox, and their co-star, Kurt Russell. In the vignette, Courteney informs Russell that Arquette is the WCW Champion, causing Russell to laugh and walk off and Arquette to chase after him with a steel chair. In another portion of the show he's seen backstage wetting himself in fear and attempting to "give back" the belt. He did, however, successfully defend the belt against Tank Abbott with help from Diamond Dallas Page.

He held the championship until the May 7 Slamboree pay-per-view. During the show he was booked to defend the championship against Jarrett and Page in a Triple Cage--the same match featured in the climax of Ready to Rumble--and ended up turning on Page in the end, giving the victory to Jarrett. He made another appearance after Slamboree, cutting a promo on the May 8 Nitro explaining that his entire friendship with Page and title run was a "swerve," prompting Page to run to the ring and deliver a Diamond Cutter to him. Arquette made one final appearance with WCW at the New Blood Rising pay-per-view on August 13, when he interfered in a match between Buff Bagwell and Kanyon.

Arquette was vehemently against becoming the WCW World Champion, believing that fans (like himself) would detest a non-wrestler winning the title. Vince Russo, who was the head booker for WCW at the time, insisted that Arquette becoming the world champion would be good for the company and for publicity. Arquette reluctantly agreed to the angle. All the money he made during his WCW tenure was donated to the families of Owen Hart (who died in a tragic accident), Brian Pillman (who suddenly died due to complications from an undiagnosed heart condition), and Darren Drozdov (who became a quadriplegic after an in-ring accident).

After World Wrestling Entertainment purchased WCW, Arquette's championship run was listed as the top reason for the "failure" of Nitro in a WWE Magazine list.

Part–time WWE appearances

On February 8, 2002, Arquette appeared on WWF SmackDown!, popping up in the crowd holding up a sign reading "Former WCW World Champ."

On December 13, 2010, Arquette appeared on WWE Raw, as one of the presenters during the 2010 Slammy Awards. He later teamed with Alex Riley in a former champions 2-on-1 Handicap match in a losing effort against Randy Orton. Immediately following the match Arquette and WWE Champion The Miz tried to take advantage of Orton, which led to Arquette being powerbombed through a table by Orton."

Among wrestling fans, all this can apparently be explained by a single word: 'Russo'.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-11, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to explain the WCW thing."
Just some thoughts:

I saw David Arquette on Oprah and he was disarmingly likable, open and realistic about his mistakes. Also, very uninhibited in how he dresses, so that might help.

Hope and Maks reminds me an awful lot of Erin and Maks. They should do well.

Chas makes me uncomfortable to watch. I'm not sure if it's his gender change or if it is his size and personality. On Celebrity Fit Club, he was definitely a hard worker and intense. Lacy will also get some extra media attention, so maybe she is happy with this pairing.

I hope JR Martinez can dance, because what a feel good story.

Interesting that ex-George Clooney is going Hollywood now that they split. She dances, he saves starving refugees.

Chynna might be able to move. Is she married to a Baldwin? Carnie Wilson will be next. Why hasn't Stephen Baldwin been on this show? (oops, random train of thoughts)

08-31-11, 07:30 PM (EST)
21. "For the record:"
Why hasn't Stephen Baldwin been on this show?

Everything that happens from this point on is your fault.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: For the record:"
If it is Stephen, it is the Lord telling him to dance.

If it is Danial, it would be whatever his current drug of choice is.

If it is Alec, then he took a wrong turn on his way to SNL.

If it is Billy, he would fit right in with the rest of these "Big Names".

09-01-11, 04:23 AM (EST)
26. "RE: For the record:"
If it is Stephen, it is the Lord telling him to dance.

Nice work, your Lordship.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-11, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to explain the WCW thing."
I read that Elisabetta started out as a dancer. I was actually surprised that Derek didn't catch her as a partner.

09-01-11, 04:25 AM (EST)
27. "RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to explain the WCW thing."
She's not that well-known and Derek might have hypothetically complained about the fame factor. Give him a ringer with a built-in fanbase rather than someone he'll have to build up himself during the danger weeks.

You know. If any of the pros got to actually pick their partner.

09-01-11, 02:17 AM (EST)
25. "RE: In which Wikipedia attempts to explain the WCW thing."
Yeah, that son of a B Russo was responsible for a lot of $hit on the wrestling shows of that era. I no longer remember whether he went from WWE to WCW or vice versa, but he worked for both and did a lot to eff up both.

09-16-11, 02:32 PM (EST)
29. "Program note."
Please cross 'Ron Artest' off your dance card and write in 'Metta World Peace'.

09-16-11, 04:20 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Program note."
Can I refuse? I'm probably going to run the DWTS ECST in memory of Vince unless someone else is planning to step up (if so let me know!!!) and typing the MWP name gives me hives.

09-17-11, 00:53 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Program note."
World Peace, my fat hairy @$$. He's more like Metta World WAR to me, what with his history of fights and all.

09-17-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Program note."
I think you're really close to something here. How about Starta World War?

09-18-11, 03:36 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Program note."
Good one, Estee!

09-17-11, 02:12 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Program note."
Joking aside, let me encourage you to do the ECST threads in memory of Vince. Great idea.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •