The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bristol Bashing Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-10, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bristol Bashing Thread"
Sorry, I just can not contain myself anymore. There is no where to acceptably bash anyone on this show, so I might as well just post it right up front. This program is DANCING WITH THE STARS, so how is Bristol a STAR? Because she's Sarah Palin's daughter? Because she had a child out of wed-lock and now she has a platform? Give me a BREAK. I'm more of a star than she is and you don't see me being asked to do this show and make thousands of dollars.

Furthermore, she is a horrible dancer. If she doesn't get the boot this week than I may have to refuse to watch this show in the future. She is much less of a dancer than the other three couples. I am really disappointed in the producers of this show for bringing politics into a dance program. It's not supposed to be a popularity contest, it's a DANCE contest. Give me a break. Maybe I'll try Skating with the Stars, at least everyone of them is a semi-celebrity...

Dare I even begin to presume that she has a chance of winning this show....?

ARGHHHH!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bristol Bashing Thread vince3 11-15-10 1
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread SquidProQuo 11-15-10 2
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Loree 11-16-10 11
           RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Estee 11-16-10 12
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread mmelindam 11-16-10 20
 RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Flowerpower 11-15-10 3
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Nume 11-15-10 4
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread SquidProQuo 11-16-10 5
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Karchita 11-16-10 6
           RE: Bristol Bashing Thread tarmaq 11-16-10 7
               RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Karchita 11-16-10 9
                   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread qwertypie 11-16-10 14
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread kiki_k 11-16-10 8
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread SquidProQuo 11-16-10 16
 RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Estee 11-16-10 10
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Chez 11-16-10 13
 Not a "star"...no talent. KoalaChick 11-16-10 15
   RE: Not a "star"...no talent. qwertypie 11-16-10 17
 RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Flowerpower 11-16-10 18
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Chez 11-17-10 23
       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Loree 11-17-10 25
           RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Chez 11-17-10 29
               RE: Bristol Bashing Thread qwertypie 11-17-10 32
                   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Round Robin 11-18-10 36
                   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Snidget 11-18-10 37
                       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread AyaK 11-18-10 38
                       RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Nume 11-18-10 42
 RE: Bristol Bashing Thread LibraRising 11-16-10 19
   RE: Bristol Bashing Thread Estee 11-17-10 24
       Bristol Palin, brought to you by... KoalaChick 11-17-10 26
           Nope AyaK 11-17-10 34
               RE: Nope HobbsofMI 11-17-10 35
 As Sweetie says...... Sagebrush Dan 11-17-10 21
   RE: As Sweetie says...... Karchita 11-17-10 22
   RE: As Sweetie says...... qwertypie 11-17-10 33
 Slight overreaction. Estee 11-17-10 27
   RE: Slight overreaction. Sagebrush Dan 11-17-10 28
       *snort* moonbaby 11-17-10 31
   RE: Slight overreaction. weltek 11-17-10 30
       RE: Slight overreaction. JessicaRN 11-18-10 39
           RE: Slight overreaction. jbug 11-18-10 40
               RE: Slight overreaction. Karchita 11-18-10 41
                   RE: Slight overreaction. jbug 11-19-10 43
                       RE: Slight overreaction. samboohoo 11-19-10 45
                       RE: Slight overreaction. Estee 11-19-10 46
                       RE: Slight overreaction. Karchita 11-20-10 48
               RE: Slight overreaction. samboohoo 11-19-10 44
 Another Overreaction? Snidget 11-20-10 47
 Lost Blues Brother? vince3 11-25-10 49
   RE: Lost Blues Brother? Karchita 11-25-10 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-10, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
She conceivably has a chance to win this, especially if the judges refuse to give her the scores that she deserve... which is more like 4s, 5s, and 6s than 8s...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SquidProQuo 2281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-15-10, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Exactly -- couldn't agree more! If the judges would only accurately score her, she would have been gone already.

Unfortunately it appears she just had her personal best dance of the season and the judges are raving about her -- OMG, they're giving her 9s! Looks like she's going to be around for the finals, which is just incredible.

P.S. I didn't mind as much when Marie made it to the finals based on popularity, because at least she worked really hard and had some performance value to her dances.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
At least Marie had her own fans voting her to the final. Bristol has her mother's fans voting and alot of them are not even watching the show. They are just following orders to vote for the Palin.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Of course they're not watching the show. To watch the thing would be to compromise their position on immigration issues.

Latin dances. How unamerican can you get?

mmelindam 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-10, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmelindam Click to send private message to mmelindam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I've totally lost respect for the judges as they are scoring her wayyyyyyyy too high....They're rigging the results...There are a lot of tea-party watchers they are trying to keep watching the show.

I have nothing against Bristol. I give her kuddos in the guts and supporting your kid dept. She can't help it if her mom's an idiot, but to still be in the competition at this point just invalidates the whole competition.

11-15-10, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"

Seriously, Bristol has indeed shown improvement, don't get me wrong. But, clearly, she is not at the level of the other three. Kyle, Jennifer, and Brandy all deserve to be there next week. They have got to cut Bristol LOOSE!

Jennifer was indeed close to perfection tonight. Brandy and Max are definitely in the mix, and Kyle danced his buns off tonight. I don't care what the scores are, Bristol is just not at that level....I will be sorely disappointed if she gets through. Let's make this about DANCING, please!

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-10, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 11:13 PM (EST)

Like it or not, this show has pretty much always been and probably always will be about popularity rather than dancing. Thats what happens any time you put America in control of a competition .

11-16-10, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SquidProQuo Click to send private message to SquidProQuo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Yes, sad but true!

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-16-10, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I agree with that. Popularity is always going to be part of the show.

My problem is with having politicians and their spawn on the show. They are not stars, and they will all tend to use the show as a platform to push their political ambitions. In Palin's case, it is her mother who is doing this, which makes it sick on so many levels. The mother-daughter relationship where the mother blatently uses the daughter, the daughter for letting her mother (or being so dominated by her mother she has no choice but to let her), and the show for allowing itself to be used like this, and of course, Sarah Palin herself for being such a sick DAW. The whole situation is disgusting.

Bouquet by c2p

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-10 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

Yet you're ok with "reality TV stars" like Kim Kardashian, Kate Gosselin, etc., being on the show as a "star"? THESE people are stars to you? Puh-leeze.

Just admit that what gets you steamed is Bristol's mother.

11-16-10, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-10 AT 05:35 AM (EST)

Actually, I don't really know who those people are because I stopped watching the show when they had Tom Delay on. I had the same objection to him: politicians don't belong on the show. But I do know that those people were not on the show because of what their mother did, nor were they there to further a political career. Reality stars may not have done much to merit being celebrities, but they are still famous for their own actions, which were within the realm of entertainment.

I have no love for Sarah Palin and that is no secret, but her daughter has absolutely no business being on this show.

ETA: 1. Please don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about the merits of the people you name and I see it as a separate issue. Most of the people on DWTS I have never heard of. 2. I would hope anyone could see the difference between politicians and entertainers, whether they should be called stars or whatever. It is quite clear to me.

Bouquet by c2p

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Qwerty likes this response.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-16-10, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I can't get myself worked up over Bristol. First, except for sports stars, I would argue that none of the people who have ever been on this show are "stars" -- they are "moderately famous" people with the occasional stars past their prime thrown in (George Hamilton comes to mind). I've always thought it should be named "Dancing With People You Maybe Heard Of"
Second, there have been plenty of so-so dancers who made it to the finals -- Marie Osmond (3rd place); Jerry Rice (2nd place) and Donny Osmond (1st place!!!). I will not be upset (or surprised) if it happens again.
Third, I watch the show to see how the contestants progress and to see the pros dancing, so I've never been very invested in which so-called "star" wins.
Fourth, I'm kind of feeling a backlash against the Bristol backlash. I don't like her mother's politics at all but some of the things being said about Bristol are downright mean (not on this board, btw -- but on some other boards the attacks are very personal & cruel & I really don't think she deserves them). It really is just a tacky, fun dancing show after all.
All that said, I'm voting for Kyle -- he is adorable, wasn't a ringer (I'm looking at you, Jennifer), consistently improves week to week and isn't acting like he is curing cancer by being on this show (I'm looking at you, Brandy). He embodies what I find enjoyable about the show. I won't like it if Bristol knocks him out, but I'll still watch.

11-16-10, 07:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Kiki, once again, I'm with you! Kyle is adorable and isn't a ringer. I never vote for DWTS but I actually voted for him last night because I'm worried that he or Brandy will be the ones to go. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

11-16-10, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
She's getting the hang of doubletalk, at least. 'I categorically deny the far right is on autovote for me while simultaneously implying they should be because the leftists aren't.' Nice work, really. The goal for everyone is to create and maintain an fanbase while constantly adding members -- why are you freaking out just because someone pointed out you had one going in?

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-10, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I don't mind Bristol personally, but she does not deserve to go to the finals. Last night I actually voted, for the first time in years (though I am a faithful viewer). I cast all my votes for Kyle, as I think he is the most likely to go home if Bristol stays.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-10, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Not a "star"...no talent."
How can anyone dance such passionate dances with entirely no expression??? I've seen real stars loaded up with Botox who are more expressive than this girl. Heck, she makes Kate Gosselin look vivacious.

11-16-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not a "star"...no talent."
Apparently Jimmy Kimmel said the show should be renamed 'with the' because what Bristol is doing is not dancing and she is definitely not a star.

11-16-10, 11:09 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Granted the girl has evolved. But! CLEARLY, Brandy was 10X the dancer that Bristol is. In fact, as delighted as I am that Kyle is there, and I think he deserves to be there, I thought earlier it should come down to Brandy and Jennifer.

Jennifer, Brandy, and Kyle are leagues ahead of Bristol. What I am really afraid of is that Bristol will now win....

11-17-10, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I could be wrong, but I think the way the scoring is set up, the judges scores can be enough to prevent a contestant from winning. I believe if they score someone (Bristol) in 3rd place consistently, she will be able to possibly finish 2nd, but will not win.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
But that would require the judges actually scoring Bristol fairly. They haven't done it yet. Why would they start next week? And Tom said that Brandy and Bristol were not necessarily the bottom 2. My guess was that Bristol was not in the bottom 2 at all. She could very well have had the most votes. If she is scored close enough to the others next week she could win it all. That look on Derek's face was realization hitting him that him and Jennifer are no longer a lock for the Mirror Ball.

11-17-10, 01:53 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I think the judges have ranked Bristol near or at the bottom of the "leader board" (even though the actual scores were too high). If I recall correctly the way they combine the scores (at least for the finale) is rather than the actual numbers (such as 29 out of 30) the contestants get 3 points for a #1 finish, 2 points for #2, 1 point for #3. Same for the audience vote. That way if Bristol is ranked #3 by the judges and #1 by the audience, she would get 4 points. Other contestants would get 3, 4 or 5 points. (#2 and #2 gives 4 points; #1 and #2 gives 5 points, #2 and #3 gives 3 points.) Either both of the other 2 contestants get 4, or else one gets 3 and the other gets 5. If there is a tie (such as everyone with 4 points), if I'm not mistaken, the judges vote is the trump card.

Now I might be "misremembering" this from a past season, but that is what I think.

11-17-10, 05:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I think it was that way in the beginning (waiting for Snidget with a link), but they changed it so it would be more weighted. If the judges really wanted to get rid of someone, they could give him/her a very low score and that would be harder to overcome than if the contestant was in last place, but only 1 point behind the next celeb.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-18-10, 04:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
That's how it was back in the old stone age. But there were some controversies on the first few seasons, so they changed to how they do it now, which is to add each couple's percentage of the total judges' points for that week to their percentage of the total viewer votes for that week to get their total score. That means that if the voters are casting huge numbers of votes for the worst couple, the judges might have to give that couple 2's or 3's to keep them from an undeserved win, and you can only do that in the early weeks because it's too obvious what you're doing if you do that in the final when nobody still there is that bad. And even in the early seasons the couples' placements in viewer votes were the tiebreaker, so it was even harder for the judges to get rid of a bad couple then.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-10 AT 08:25 AM (EST)

Did someone say link?

link

I think they realized with Master P that the voters could overwhelm the system too easily, with the percentage of judges votes vs percentage of voters it is actually easier to get someone out if they don't want them around any more.

ETA: I said this on the ECST but I'll risk repeating myself. I think we will see a Marie Osmond situation. Popular contestant who isn't quite up to the level of the others rides the bottom of the leader board so as the average score goes up their score goes up and it adds to the "you are improving sooooo much" story line they love on this show.

Then the finale comes and suddenly they get much lower scores (more in line with what people said they should be getting all along) at the finale creating a percentage difference that will keep their fans from overwhelming any "must not let them win" backlash that usually shows up for the finale. Hard to imagine any of Brandy's (or several other dancers) fans switching over to Bristol since she is going to get the blame for a lot of people leaving the show.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
Sounds right to me. The producers want the Palin fans watching, and keeping Bristol on the show accomplishes that, but they most likely don't want Bristol to win because of its VFTW associations.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
I dont know if they'll necessarily score her way worse suddenly, though I imagine her freestyle probably wont be very good. Either way though, I dont think she has the supporters to beat Jennifer or Kyle. Just because she's had enough to stay in against the others doesnt mean her fan base is bigger than either of those. I think a lot of people are overreacting to her support of staying over the ones that have gone. Noone has left that I thought had a particularly large fanbase, so I havent really been surprised by any eliminations this season.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-16-10, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
She's a class act!

Klassy!

11-17-10, 09:15 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Bristol Bashing Thread"
But to be fair, that's more sentence structure than most people use on Facebook. Let's hear it for the Alaskan education system!

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Bristol Palin, brought to you by..."
The same folks who gave you 8 years of George Dubya Bush. Really, is it any surprise?

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Nope"
I voted for Bush in the general elections of 2000 and 2004 and would vote for him again against choices like Gore and Kerry. You're welcome to your own opinion about the Bush years; I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

But don't blame Bush voters for Bristol. I think it's more likely that the same people giving us Bristol also voted for "Mama Grizzlies" Christine ("I'm not a witch") O'Donnell and Sharron ("I'm tired of some people calling me wacky.") Angle.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Nope"
Second, second...except I did not vote for W the second time but this is VFTW and those who voted for "mama grizzlies".

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "As Sweetie says......"
Bristol Palin: The perfect blend of her mother's intelligence and her father's star power.

11-17-10, 03:11 AM (EST)
22. "RE: As Sweetie says......"
Lol! Your sweetie is pretty dern funny.

She's got her mother's nastiness, too.

Bouquet by c2p

11-17-10, 05:37 PM (EST)
33. "RE: As Sweetie says......"
*SNORT*

11-17-10, 01:06 PM (EST)
27. "Slight overreaction."
http://tinyurl.com/36vg42v

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Slight overreaction."
Only very very slight.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "*snort*"
What if she wins? What a horrifying thought!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Slight overreaction."
That's about 20 miles from my house...we love to harbor the crazies, what can I say!?

-A Tribetastic Creation

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-18-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Slight overreaction."
I actually felt sorry for Bristol at the beginning, because as soon as her participation was announced, their were a lot of people up in arms. She was so out of place and was such an underdog, so although I don't vote, I was OK with her staying for a couple of weeks.

But then, I started to find her unlikable, and it was more than just shyness. Audrina was shy and out of her element and I liked her. I just don't quite get how Bristol could be getting so many votes.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-10, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Slight overreaction."

Population of Alaska

I don't feel the intense dislike of the girl that many do. I don't care for her mother; she comes across to me as a DAW.
So many people were down on Bristol before the comp even started. Made me want to hope she would be able to dance. And she has done much better than many of the contestants we've seen before - even if she's not as good as Brandy.

1. It's still a popularity contest.

2. Putting "stars" with experience against "stars" who have no experience will never make a fair contest.

3. From the beginning there have been people I have never heard of; people I would never have considered a "star". So I got past that part many seasons ago.

11-18-10, 09:35 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Slight overreaction."
Palin doesn't have many friends in Alaska these days. Her 'strongly disapprove' is 55% or so and has been for quite a while. Her pet tea party candidate in the last election was soundly rejected with only about 30% of the vote.

She might not carry the state if she ran for president.

Alaska would choose Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, or Mitt Romney over her in a GOP primary for 2012, according to a recent series of Public Policy Polling surveys.

http://www.onenewspage.com/news/Front+Page/20101117/17060178/Poll-Palin-Would-Come-in-4th-in-Alaska.htm

Palin's supporters are 1. not Alaskan and 2. fanatical. I think it is a very small group of crazed people voting many times each and putting all their votes on her daughter.

Bouquet by c2p

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Slight overreaction."
& this is where we see the voting differently.
You see the votes coming from Sarah Palin supporters.

I see the votes coming from Alaska peeps supporting one of their own - not because of who her mother is - but because of who she is.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Slight overreaction."
Or perhaps people have finally put Baby in a corner.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

11-19-10, 04:19 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Slight overreaction."
There's some Sarah Palin/Tea Party supporters in the mix, though -- along with some classic fraud tactics which get used by just about any fanbase trying to make a push.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bristol-palin-dancing-success-raising-tempers-and-boosting-ratings-11731.php

Vote early and often.

Note that at least for that one voter, it is seen as an attack against the Demoncrats.

11-20-10, 03:45 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Slight overreaction."
Jbug, I don't know where you'd get the idea that any large number of Alaskans would want to vote for Bristol just because she's from Alaska. Other than a few loyal old friends and die hard political supporters, the family is despised in the state. Alaskans were deeply embarrassed and humiliated by all of the Sarah Palin shenanigans, including the deplorable behavior of her daughters which continues today, with the recent incident on Facebook where they engaged in foul, derogatory language, and cyber bullying because someone didn't like their mother's reality show.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/16/sarah-palin-willow-palin-homophobic-slur-facebook-attack-sarah-palins-alaska-dancing-with-the-stars-tlc/

Much of my personal dislike of Sarah Palin comes from feelings of humiliation and embarrassment as a long time Alaskan.

Reports like this are why I think the DWTS votes are coming from non-Alaskan, political supporters of her mother:

According to the Associated Press, there are in fact web sites that are championing Bristol and one blogger admits that he has been encouraging people to go around ABC's five vote per phone line, and five vote per email address rule.

According to the AP, conservative activist Kevin DuJan of HillBuzz.org wrote recently, "Start calling the moment the show starts ... After that, use someone else's phone to call the maximum times. Then ... randomly knock on neighbors' doors and use their phones to call, call, call, and then call some more."

He told the AP he didn't see a problem with his tactic. "If people want to have pajama-jammy-jams all night, having pillow fights and roasting marshmallows and voting, then why not," he told the news organization. "Isn't the winner supposed to be the one who has the most passion behind them? Well, this is passion."

http://www.etonline.com/tv/103053_Is_there_a_Dancing_with_the_Stars_Conspiracy/

Bouquet by c2p

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Slight overreaction."
Agree.

I have had somewhat of a soft spot for Bristol. I felt horrible for her being thrown into the public spotlight the way she was, and I've said many, many times, that I don't agree with any politician putting their children into such a life. In this case in particular, I thought that, while teenage pregnancy is something that can and does happy to any family, this was a case that should not have been exploited the way it was, and I do blame Sarah for that. I thought that was unfair to Bristol.

I also thought that a lot of the nastiness toward Bristol was also unfair, especially any references to her being a slut. I do agree that she has now opened herself up to public scrutiny, but I do also believe that a lot of the negativity surrounding her comes more out of hatrid for Sarah.

I thought she was absolutley beautiful during her pregnancy. I still think she's a beautiful girl, but I do think her looks have aged in the past two years - a lot of that can be contributed to weight gain and the general stress and chaos of her life.

While she has had to accept a lot of responsibility and grow up, IMO, she still needs to do a lot of growing up and a lot of maturing.

There is something going on with her that I still can't put my finger on. I have never thought she was comfortable in the whole competition. DH has seen the clips, and he has said as well that she looks stiff and uncomfortable. I've always thought Mark was overly attentive. I saw a clip of Tuesday's show where they were practicing and exchanged, "I love yous." Have no idea what that's about. There appear to be lots of rumors out there of something going on between the two. He's only 25, so that age difference is not a huge deal. But deep down, I do think she's still in love with Levi and, given their history and in spite of what he's done, that's understandable.

I don't watch the entire show. I record and watch tidbits. I was mainly watching this season for Kurt Warner, but the Bristol situation has turned into somewhat of a trainwreck for me that I can't really turn away from.

I watched every minute of Seasons 1 and 2. I really stopped after that for lots of reasons, many of which you list and because I simply can't deal with how they prolong the shows.

She's the worst of the dancers left. She wasn't the worst of the season. I laugh more at others' reactions to her still being there. It reminds me a lot of when I used to get irritated with AI or BB or even Survivor - AI moreso than any other because it was also based on public vote. That's probably another reason I stopped watching that and don't really watch this.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-10, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Another Overreaction?"
Cops and other emergency responders raced to CBS Television City studio late Friday after a white powder substance was discovered by a member of the "Dancing with the Stars" staff ... and sources tell us Bristol Palin may have been the intended target.

Looks like it turned out to be talcum powder.

link

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-10, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "Lost Blues Brother?"
or next generation Cannonball Runner?

*shrug*

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bristol-palin-god-was-on-my-side-during-dancing-with-stars-11758.php

or is it another 'open mouth, insert feet' line?

11-25-10, 01:08 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Lost Blues Brother?"
So I guess god just gave her a big fat middle finger.

Bouquet by c2p

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •