The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I can't believe Cloris is still there"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

keithhr 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-14-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keithhr Click to send private message to keithhr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I can't believe Cloris is still there"
So between the judges artificially inflating her scores and the public at large thinking it's really cool to see her stay, at the expense of those on the program with at least a bit of ability, she is still there. She is vulgar, not funny, and not fun to watch. This is supposed to be a dancing competition and I guess the public likes to feel how powerful they can be by seeing someone move on week after week without the abilty to actually do most of the dances. But the last laugh will come when she goes far enough that most will stop watching because it will lose the last bit of credibility that it now has. I am almost to the point where the show has little left to offer and has become a comical popularity contest of sorts, go figure.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... vince3 10-14-08 1
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Snidget 10-15-08 2
       RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... vince3 10-15-08 3
           RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Snidget 10-15-08 4
               RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... vince3 10-15-08 5
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Sagebrush Dan 10-15-08 6
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Snidget 10-15-08 7
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Bebo 10-15-08 8
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Loree 10-15-08 9
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... Quepea 10-15-08 10
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... brvnkrz 10-15-08 11
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... qwertypie 10-16-08 12
       RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... brvnkrz 10-16-08 13
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... toddE 10-23-08 14
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... vince3 10-25-08 15
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... kbrockm 10-27-08 16
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... qwertypie 10-28-08 19
 RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... sharan48 10-28-08 17
   RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... JessicaRN 10-28-08 18
       RE: I can't believe Cloris is still... finallytyping 10-28-08 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-08, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
*points to www.votefortheworst.com*

They're the ones propping her up. They do the same thing during each season of American Idol.

The only reason they're doing it this season, is because Cloris appears to be a hero to their cause, mainly due to her outrageous nature, while not technically sound............. Before, all those that were cannon fodder were too stiff, too boring, for them to get their support around.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 04:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-08 AT 04:56 AM (EST)

VFTW may be organized but I think the trend that some people vote for the entertainingly bad peeps rather than the not quite as bad but boring peeps almost no one votes for predates VFTW. After all part of what got them started, so they say, is seeing those cast as "cannon fodder" make it longer than you would expect.

If the producers of these shows cast only people who could win then VFTW and the unaffiliated worsters out there wouldn't have anyone to keep in the competition.

I don't think anyone that has been booted so far was really a threat to make it to the end. This part of the season is what order the never had a chance people get voted out. Does it really matter what order the cast to be booted out early get tossed off the show?

ETA: I think Master P predated VFTW and America kept him in forever and while I could see people liking him in a so bad he is entertaining way I really didn't think he'd get kept on that long.

10-15-08, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I think Cloris is the last of the "cannon fodder" left, which means, by all rights, she should've been eliminated this week if Misty May didn't have to withdraw due to injury.........

10-15-08, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
Yep, I'd expect next week will be her week to go as there isn't really any cannon fodder left.

She may get an extra week if...

One of the good people just hasn't connected at all to the audience, especially if they have an off week this week. Or {tin foil hat} The producers decide it is time in the story arc for that shocking elimination that fires up the voters for the rest of the good ones {/tin foil hat}

10-15-08, 07:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
The only two that would truly be a "shocking elimination" would be Warren and Brooke.

I can easily see any of Maurice, Lance, Susan, Toni, or Cody going in any order in the next few weeks, especially if VFTW has their say about it......... The only truly shocking way one of them would be eliminated would be if they're one of the top teams the week they get tossed........

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I'm probably alone in this but I get a kick out of Cloris, and I'd hate to see her leave. She adds an element of fun in what would have been a really dull year. I hope I'm that spry at 82.

I first saw her in a dramatic role in "The Last Picture Show." She was quite good in it and deserved the Oscar. Even though she's more famous for her comedy roles, I still see her as a dramatic actress in spite of the bulk of her career in comedy.

10-15-08, 08:07 AM (EST)
7. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I'm actually enjoying her on the show as well. She definitely is much better comic relief than some of the comics we've had cast that mostly just end up being too stuffy and not funny at all.

Sigs by AgGhoul

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
With her Oscar and all those Emmys, at least she puts the star in DWTS. It's much more appropriate to refer to her as a star than someone like Kim Kardashian.

And she was in the bottom two last week, so either her time is coming soon, or the folks who enjoy her but having been voting will come out of the woodwork.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
Corky bothers me more than Cloris.

Quepea 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-08, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quepea Click to send private message to Quepea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I can. Cloris is there as a bastion of hope for the underdogs. While she has done considerably better than I first thought, in my mind she is aware that she is hindering the rest of the cast by holding them back from performing at a higher level to maintain dignity within her age bracket.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I'm sort of wishy washy split on this. On one hand, this is a dance show and I want to watch starts dance well and get better every week. On the other hand, like Snidget said, does it really matter which order they go as long as the best two finish in the final two?
I love Cloris muchly but will agree that she has somewhat gotten on my nerves on the show. I would love to hang with her at a party and be crude and rude and funny together. But as for a dance competition, I would rather see good dancers out there.

Halloween siggie by Glow.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I love how she torments Samantha. I can forgive her alot for that alone.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
*snort* Ok, that made me laugh. And now I want Clorky to stay.

Halloween siggie by Glow.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-08, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I am kind of amused, kind of annoyed, by the report that ABC is "concerned" that Cloris is still on. Puh-leeze! I barely ever watch this show, but I do watch it to see what Cloris is gonna do each week.

As others have pointed out, at least she is a legitimate star. She is also no worse, if even as bad, as Master P.

Go Cloris! The only other people I find entertaining at all on this show are Lance and Brooke.

10-25-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
This is that Todd's talking about......: http://tinyurl.com/6f5mm7

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-27-08, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
I'd like to know exactly what the judges would grade less than a 5. Cloris did little more than walk through the cha cha cha this week. Come on! If she sat on the floor and sulked, would she get a 4??

--The Reality TV Fan

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-08, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
It may have been part of the agreement for her to appear on the show that she couldn't get below a minimum score.

sharan48 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-08, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharan48 Click to send private message to sharan48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
Ironically this show has had appeal to all different ages. It is so appealing, I beleive, because it is a "competition" alot of people can take part in and relate to.
Now, we have a lovely senior citizen willing to open herself up to all kinds of criticism and take part in this competition to represent people of 82 years of age. I say, right on, keep going girl!!
I only wish my Mom would have lived to that age to give such an event a try.
Why sit back and tear this lovely lady to pieces when you can cheer her on and give her the credit she is due to give it her "best shot" oh, yea, maybe not near as good as others, but, I say for age, YOU GO GIRL I AM PROUD OF YOU for simply trying.
I love watching her and how she and her partner improvise to let Cloris try her best to be a part of the dance.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-28-08, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
If TPTB want to have some input into who wins, than they should not let America vote. Perhaps "America" realizes that this is a fun show and not a serious competition and they are voting that way. If TPTB don't like this, than change it and have it decided totally by judges, like Project Runway.

(And really, if Cloris should win, what is the big deal. Once the show is over, who really remembers who won. None of the "stars" is intending to change careers to professional dancing anyway.)

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-28-08, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I can't believe Cloris is still there"
(And really, if Cloris should win, what is the big deal.
Once the show is over, who really remembers who won. None of the
"stars" is intending to change careers to professional dancing anyway.)

I hadn't thought about the show this way, but you are absolutely right!
It is just a money making tv show... this isn't reality!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •