The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rants, raves about this year's show."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-08, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rants, raves about this year's show."
What are your opinions about the overall show this year? Like it? Loathe it? Meh about it?

Of course, in true DAW fashion, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have an opinion too. I didn't see the first week, which was probably pretty good from what I've heard, but I don't find any of the stars that interesting either. Cloris was a hoot last week, but we all know she's dead meat. Her performance this week was painful. And I just can't get that excited about the stars—the pros seem to have more charisma and magnetism than they. So far, I am basically meh about it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... JessicaRN 09-30-08 1
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Snidget 09-30-08 2
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Loree 09-30-08 3
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... qwertypie 09-30-08 4
   RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Sagebrush Dan 09-30-08 5
       RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Snidget 09-30-08 6
           RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... mindy23 09-30-08 7
               RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... mtopaz 09-30-08 8
               RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... finallytyping 09-30-08 11
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... brvnkrz 09-30-08 9
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... MKitty 09-30-08 10
   RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... qwertypie 09-30-08 12
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... toddE 10-01-08 13
 RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Karchita 10-08-08 14
   RE: Rants, raves about this year's ... Sagebrush Dan 10-08-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-30-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I feel pretty much the same way. I find myself fast forwarding through most of the dances to see the judges comments. I am loving Warren Sapp though. I thought Cloris was hilarious the first night and by the second, she seemed kind of annoying and I'm not sure that her partner has much of a sense of humor. The pairing seems kind of creepy.

Misty May Trainor is interesting, but she sure hasn't found her soft side. It makes me appreciate Laila Ali a bit more.

Cody Linley is growing on me (considering I had no idea who he was).

Despite how the judges feel, I look forward to Lance and Lacey. It is fun to see such innovation and I hope they don't change. Afterall, this has never been a traditional, formal ballroom dancing competition, like you see on PBS.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
*cracks knuckles* Remember, you asked.

I do think the stars are a bit meh this year, but then I usually feel that way this early in the season. Those I think have potential are Misty (if she could figure out what to do with her arms), Lance and Brooke is a pleasant surprise. Usually the models look good, but fall flat. I'm hoping Kim, Warren, and Maurice show some potential as well.

To the judges, stop blowing sunshine up Susan's azz already. Her dance was colder and chillier then the one you blasted Kim for. Yep I know it is amazing anyone over 30 can actually walk, but please don't make them think they are the bestest ever when they do the exact same thing the younger stars do. Age doesn't suddenly make things all wonderful.

I dearly love Chloris but egads that performance is thisclose to being the Dead Bull Dance.

Not really liking Lacey's choreography so far. I do understand not being so traditional because that isn't who she is and Lord knows what sort of traditional Paso they expected when you give Lance the song "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It" but she needs to balance thing out a bit better. Lucky for her Lance and her have built in fan bases.

One of the problems is the show has been on long enough we really know the professionals so well the stars really have to work hard to shine brighter than they do.

I know Len is a fuddy duddy but can we get Cloris to shag him so he'd loosen up a bit?

Oh and Carrie Ann, not giving a critic isn't cute, it is what you get paid for. I know it ain't easy with Cloris there, but she's a tough broad, she can take it. Is it that scary to have her call you a b!tch?

Production. I know it is live, but the green screen and echoed sound last night were really obnoxious. Can't you do better than that with all this practice, or do they have everyone on bleep watch and letting everything else go to heck?

I may be back, later.

"Indecision 2008: The Long Flat Seemingly Endless Bataan Death March to The White House" (April 23, 2008) --Jon Stewart

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
Maybe it's because I have never watched AMC in my life. But I just don't get the Susan Lucci love. Tony is doing the same with her that he did with Jane Seymour and Priscilla Presley. In fact we saw Jane in the audience lastnight. The slow waltzing dances are fine. But the rest just doesn't click. And with her built-in fan base I fear we will be stuck with Susan a long time.

I have been hearing on entertainment shows that Warren is the biggest diva backstage. Makes watching him a bit funnier than before.

Some of the pros are the bigger stars on this show than the celebs. Personality sells. But it also turns off the viewer. Sadly who a pro/celeb is paired with makes or breaks them.

I cringe everytime Kim dances because I know we will get that scary shot of Bruce Jenner in the audience. *shudder*

I have high hopes for Misty but she needs to lighten up. She looked so angry lastnight. Even when she was not dancing she didn't smile.

The one good thing about this season is that there does not seem to be a clear frontrunner for the win.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I am supremely enjoying how Cloris is torturing Samantha about her lack of math and interviewing skills. Go CLORIS! For this, I can forgive the rest.

But I am really frosted when the music choices are so questionable. "I kissed a girl and I liked it" WTF was that? NOT a Paso. OK, use the song if you must to show how witty you are, but use it for a jive or something. And then the judges had the nerve to criticize the choreo. Kind of hard to get into intense character with crappy music like that.

A pox on them I say!

09-30-08, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
Yeah, in total agreement about the choice of music. What kind of paso could they have done with the music? Like the later song that was used in the Rhumba that had virtually nothing to do with sexuality and romance; it was a political song — can't remember the name of it (it was used in SYTYCD a couple years ago in the Wade Robson solos). The couple just had to ignore the lyrics and dance to the beat.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
"Waiting on the World to Change"

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-30-08, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
OK. Some of you are not going to like what I have to say either, but, Sagebrush, YOU ASKED....so, here goes:

Cloris Leachman, to me, is the equivalent of a dirty old man with female genes. She turns me off so badly I want to scream! I've never done this for any season, but I am now ti'vo-ing the entire show, and going back over and fast-forwarding through her and some of the others. I just can't handle the garbage that is going on! Someone mentioned that the judges are doting on the age factor for Lucci. Same goes with Cloris. Just because she has one foot in the grave doesn't give her the rights to the show-unless, of course, she actully does HAVE the rights to the show. A 15 minute interview and rantings that go on with her are ridiculous! By the time the next person gets up to dance, they are so rushed, it's pathetic! And the judging is barely fair to either dance couple.

Kardashian? Stop with the excuses already. ICK! I've had enough of them! YOU think you are a diva! YOU think you are the equivalent of Paris and Nicole, and Jessica, but guess what? You aren't! And you can't dance! Sex tapes or no-you can't dance! Mark needs to step it up, and forget that he had the win last year with a super-star athlete, and wake up and smell the coffe. This girl is a spoiled brat who thinks her looks are going to get her everywhere! I would vote for Len before I'd vote for you, Miss K. You, your mom, your sisters-they all make me SICK! THAT, my dear, is REALITY!

Misty May is a true athlete, minus the smile. Tony needs to recognize that, while she has amazing talent and potential, she needs to connect, the way he does. She has a good shot at taking this all the way, but I personally had never heard of her before, and I want to get to know her! Step up that personality, if there is one! I'm pulling for you!

Lucci: good, but not good enough yet. She's another one who has been spoiled, but worked hard enough to deserve it! Now, she just needs to limber up her 60+ y/o limbs and go for it. She can do it, but there's just no competing with the likes of people 1/2 your age. We all have to reach that point. Never on this show has anyone come that close to the ball who was over 30. And that ain't no soap opera.

Lance: Love the style, and the smile, but ultimately, it will be up to the judges. Mario got away with a lot, but remember, he did NOT win, and you will not, either, if you don't tone it down a bit.

Kid from Milie Cyrus: Adorable, trainable, and actually pretty good. I don't understand the low scores for him, I really don't. I think the judging over all, so far, hasn't been all that fair. He should be a front-runner, in MY humble opinion.

Brooke: you have one of the best choregraphers on that dance floor right now, and you are probably the front runner at this point. Keep up the good work! I see them getting better and better.

Warren: Great personality, good dancer. I think he'll end up in the top 3 or better.

The other athlete: Not so sure about him right now. He may be a dark horse, but he could get eliminated soon, too. IMHO, he's an iffy one.

And I honestly can't remember the other dudes and/or dudettes, so I guess that means they didn't make much of an impact on me. Or else, I was downing the drink of the night too hard, huh? Guess time will tell. About the dances, anyway. Not about my downing...you know.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-30-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
Cloris Leachman, to me, is the equivalent of a dirty old man with female genes. She turns me off so badly I want to scream! I've never done this for any season, but I am now ti'vo-ing the entire show, and going back over and fast-forwarding through her and some of the others. I just can't handle the garbage that is going on! Someone mentioned that the judges are doting on the age factor for Lucci. Same goes with Cloris. Just because she has one foot in the grave doesn't give her the rights to the show-unless, of course, she actully does HAVE the rights to the show.

What puzzles me about Cloris is that she can seem so coherent during some of the interviews and pre-taped footage. But yikes, once the show is going, she always seems halfway out of it (or more). Is it that by the time the show airs, her meds are wearing low, or maybe she's just out of energy to hold it together after a long day. Whatever it is, it's grating at this point. If Corky could put her on a leash, you know he would.

Kardashian? Stop with the excuses already. ICK! I've had enough of them! YOU think you are a diva! YOU think you are the equivalent of Paris and Nicole, and Jessica, but guess what? You
aren't! And you can't dance! Sex tapes or no-you can't dance!

I have no idea what Kim's problem is -- but it's a tie for me whether I'd prefer her or Cloris to go first. She's craptastic on the dance floor!! Not to mention, boring as a box of tissues. I feel sorry for Mark this season - he's trying to put on a good face but I think he can't stand being paired with her.

>Misty May is a true athlete, minus the smile.

She's one of my favorites so far. But I agree, she's not as well known as many of the others, she probably doesn't have a huge built-in fanbase, so we need to see some personal story, feel a connection. She has to get the TV audience rooting for her.

Susan Lucci - she's okay. But that's all.

Lance Bass - I have to overcome my dislike of his professional partner each time I watch. She just annoys me, with the cutesy stuff. However, she's probably a pretty good partner for him. I hated that song choice for a paso doble, and thought they actually did a decent job of creating a dance. The kiss at the end was hokey though. I personally hope Lacey's a one-season wonder. Lance may stick around awhile but he won't win.

Warren Sapp - really like him, and he keeps surprising me.

Julianne's partner - he's pretty funny, for a kid. Fascinated by the hair style. Now, why don't they have the actor that plays on Drake and Josh on next season? The one that used to be heavy and then lost a lot of weight and got really tall. I adore him - in the properly maternal way!

Brooke Burke - she's by far the best to me. I enjoy watching her dance. I have to overcome my natural irritation at her having four kids, and still looking so perfect - damn her!

Rocco - as Carrie Ann said, no musicality.

Other Olympian - okay, but I don't see a lot of potential for much improvement.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-30-08, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
Re: Misty Step up that personality, if there is one!

I mentioned in a thread somewhere else that I thought her personality, or lack
thereof, was going to be her downfall.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I love Cloris but not on this show. She is wearing on my nerves quickly and I hate that because I want to have nothing but good thoughts about her.
I too noticed that Cheryl had put on some weight. I like it though. I do hope it is not a health issue.
I feel bad for Rocco. He reminds me of Steve Guttenberg from last year. Big on spirit but small on talent. Hang in there, buddy.

An Arkie original.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-30-08, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I am feeling pretty much like you are Dan. BIG MEH!!!
I also missed the first episode, taped the next few and have been fast forwarding through much of them, out of sheer boredom. I have not yet reached any feelings for any of them, although I do hate a few of them already:

Kim K....yikes..go back to your scripted life already..you are absolutely awful and it is painful to watch.

Susan Lucci - BORING...yawn...

Cloris...well, what can I say...she is amusing sometimes.

I do like the big football player guy, he seems kind of fun and Lance is doing a good job (and Brooke)

I am totally spoiled as I can now watch SYTYCD Canada(which picks its Top Twenty Wed. night) and ditch this show altogether until the last 4 or so episodes when it might be a little better.

Tribe manga'd my mug

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
You know I'll be watching! *doing my happy dance*

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-01-08, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I only watched the last three episodes of the first season, and the first two episodes of whatever season Tatum O'Neal was on.

I am not a regular watcher, obviously, and probably not the target demographic for this show.

That said, I have only started to DVR this show because of Cloris. I was curious, so I taped the first episode, and I watch because she amuses me, even though she dances like my grandma (logically enough). I will probably drop the show once Cloris leaves, so the stunt casting is definitely bringing in at least one viewer.

I like Lance's routines, too, though.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-08-08, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
I didn't even watch tonight. 'Nuff said.

Not that the debate was any more exciting.

10-08-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Rants, raves about this year's show."
Me neither. zzzzz

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •