The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-27-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
I read on another site that Cheryl Burke, Kim Johnson and Derek and Julianne Hough get ourside choreography help, which is not against the rules.

Last season Derek's first dance looked amateurish, but there was a big improvement in his second dance. It might have been because a choreographer didn't help him with his first dance.

Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: some get outside choreo help. E... Snidget 03-27-08 1
   RE: Edyta... mindy23 04-01-08 2
       RE: Edyta... observer 04-01-08 3
           RE: Edyta... Snidget 04-01-08 4
       RE: Edyta... qwertypie 04-01-08 5
           RE: Edyta... Sagebrush Dan 04-02-08 6
               RE: Edyta... mindy23 04-02-08 7
                   RE: Edyta... qwertypie 04-02-08 8
                       RE: Edyta... Sagebrush Dan 05-17-08 11
   RE: some get outside choreo help. E... H 05-15-08 9
       RE: some get outside choreo help. E... qwertypie 05-16-08 10
       RE: some get outside choreo help. E... Sagebrush Dan 05-17-08 12
           RE: some get outside choreo help. E... qwertypie 05-17-08 13
               RE: some get outside choreo help. E... Sagebrush Dan 05-18-08 14
 RE: some get outside choreo help. E... Carezy 04-07-09 15
   RE: some get outside choreo help. E... Snidget 04-07-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
TMZ had a big "expose" on the pros sometimes get outside help with choreography (and tried to make it sound like that meant they weren't even teaching the steps to the stars at all, either).

Of course last week their big "expose" was that the clips at the end of American Idol are from the dress rehearsal and not the live show (which they've only admitted to doing for like every single season, now).

I wouldn't surprise me that sometimes some of them get some outside help with choreography. Some people are good at every single aspect of their talent. However most people are not experts at everything and I don't see the shame in getting help putting together the routines given the time constraints they have.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-08, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Edyta..."
You know, I have to say, none of Edyta's choreography really stands out to me. She did really well with Joey a few seasons ago, but I think he had a natural talent.

The thing that always stands out to me with her, is that she REALLY needs to put some clothes on! As a matter of fact, I told my hubby, who is mesmerized by her (as most of our hubbies are, I'm sure) that I'd be more than happy to take up a donation to help raise money for her clothing allowance!

I really have reached a limit with watching her hang out of every single garmet she 'tries' to wear!!! Sorry, but that's how I feel.......what can I say??

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-01-08, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Edyta..."
Edyta's choreography looks professional... compared to Derek's first dance from last season.

Also, they don't choose their music, so maybe they don't choose their costumes.

Julianne once said she danced half-naked, and also once wore a "furry thing" while dancing.

Maybe they are agreeable about their costumes so that they are rehired every season.

04-01-08, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Edyta..."
I think they have some choice in costumes.

None of the others seem to need to be nearly as naked as Edyta does every single week.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-08, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Edyta..."
DH was totally in love with Edyta until Julianne wore that tiger print number awhile back.

I just have to make sure he doesn't short out the remore with his drool.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-08, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Edyta..."
remore?

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Edyta..."
REMOTE! I get what she's saying-TOTALLY! My husband HATES the reality shows I watch, but NOT DWTS!! Oh no, not that one!!

Especially not Edyta! And I'm not just talking on the floor, either. When they show those tid bits of them practicing, or just hanging out together? She is half dressed ALL the time. Does she come from Russia or Iceland, where they have NO feeling for cold or something??? I dunno!

04-02-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Edyta..."
*raspberry to Dan*

Thanks Mindy -- yes REMOTE was what I meant.

05-17-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Edyta..."
Edyta's clothes seem to be pretty standard on the pro circuit. I watched the finals one year, and several women's tops were sequined dixie cups. I had to hide the remore.

H 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail H Click to send private message to H Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
As long as the show has no rules about it what difference does it make. They still have to do the actual dancing. As far as Edyta's outfits go... have any of you ever spent all day in a dance studio? You get hot dancing for hours on end. And as far as the costumes go they are really not anything out of the ordinary. You will find many nearly naked ladies at pro dance competions. The latin dances in particular call for sexy skimpy costumes. It's not like she is walking down the streets in these outfits.

05-16-08, 02:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
Hey H welcome to the boards!

We love to make fun of Edyta's lack of clothing, just like the crappy camerawork or Samantha's incomprehensible comments.

AT least she is doing her part for the environment by reducing the material needed for her costumes. (though I am sure it is negated by the increased amount of spray tan)

05-17-08, 12:08 PM (EST)
12. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
Ooops. I should have read your post first, H. I think the remore must be hiding someplace.

05-17-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
I think you mean "remora"

Is this the one you are looking for?

05-18-08, 02:52 PM (EST)
14. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
He'll do. Who is he anyway?

Carezy 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-09, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carezy Click to send private message to Carezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-09 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Does anyone know if this is still true this season??

I'm not a fan of Cheryl... I can't pin point why. I know a lot of people who say she does great dances and highlights her partners strengths, but if she doesn't even choreograph the dances, than isn't that not true??

I think I started not being a fan of hers her first season with Drew. She would flick her hair all the time, and there was just something. I only liked her when she was with Emmitt, but even then, wasn't my fav.

04-07-09, 02:25 PM (EST)
16. "RE: some get outside choreo help. Edyta Sliwinska does her own choreography."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-09 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

I have not heard any rule change saying they cannot get help with choreography at all anymore.

I assume the ones that get some help (and I don't think any of them have 100% of the steps designed by someone else and they are "just" a dancer) still get help.

My guess is a lot depends on the style of the dance for a given week. I'm guessing when you hear the professional say "I'm learning this new dance style along with my partner" you are probably seeing more outside help for that person that week than the weeks they are doing something that is their main specialty.

I always assumed the professionals were allowed to talk to choreographers as it is rare to find someone that has a deep knowledge of everything and could turn out a winning dance in every style. I always assumed some of them were mostly latin dancers or mostly ballroom dancers and sometimes need a bit of help to go beyond the basics that I assume all of them have in the knowledge base.

ETA: Even if I go see a stage production or some other show where there is one person listed as the choreographer for the whole thing I don't believe they never had a discussion with anyone else about it and every step was only from their own head.

Most people have other people they collaborate with. Sometimes to the point you get your name on the billing but often a little bit of I have this problem with this one phrase can you take a look at it and tell me what you see is wrong, or what I can do better. Flying completely blind and never having anyone look at your work at all until the final performance isn't always the smartest thing to do.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •