The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brooklynne 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

11-21-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brooklynne Click to send private message to Brooklynne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
I think Marie should have went home for sure! Even the judges said so. I think this article pretty much sums up how I feel about Marie and her pathetic skills:

Here's the link:

http://egossip.com/tv/dancing-stars-elimination-marie-should-have-went-home-1930

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Marie Should have Went Home - E... Snidget 11-21-07 1
   RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - E... Lucy Pearl 11-21-07 2
       RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - E... prosecutor 11-21-07 3
           RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - E... finallytyping 11-21-07 5
 RE: Marie Should have Went Home - E... flashreality 11-21-07 4
   RE: Marie Should have Went Home - E... prosecutor 11-22-07 6
       RE: Marie Should have Went Home - E... Loree 11-22-07 7
           RE: Marie Should have Went Home - E... prosecutor 11-23-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
I know people bemoan the popularity contest aspect of this show (and all the other America Votes shows).

Now I agree based on dance skills alone Marie should have gone home. But if I wanted a dance skill only moves you forward show (or the producers wanted that) they would run it like Project Runway where only the judges have a vote.

Once you let America vote you have to put up with them caring more about who they like and not who performed a complicated set of skills in the most technically perfect way. You get better ratings when America Votes, people become invested and keep watching and you make way more money so I don't see the end of popularity contest shows any time soon.

A lot of people like Marie. I don't know that it is enough to have her win, but liking someone isn't just about technical perfection for a lot of people. I sometimes enjoy a slightly less perfect routine when there is a lot of performance and personality that makes me really feel something.

Lucy Pearl 0 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lucy%20Pearl Click to send private message to Lucy%20Pearl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - Even Judges Agree"
I agree. If you listen to the hosts, they always say vote for your favorites, not vote for the best dancer. The thing that frustrates me is that the show seems to be getting away from its original premise. It's not to teach a dancer a new dance, but to teach a non-dancer to dance. The simple fact that Mel B. can get perfect scores when rehearsing "6 hours a week", when you know the others are probably doing that much a day - well that should tell you something! When I see people like Sabrina or Stacy Keibler, who studied multiple styles of dance for most of their lives "competing" against non-dancers, that to me, is not fair and I won't vote for them. I also think people need to account for the fact that if the show is going to be pitting 20 year old, size 0 "stars" against regular-sized "stars" in their 40s, 50s and 60s, they have to expect that the vote will make up some of the difference. The judges need to take that into consideration as well. A 48 year old mother of 3 (+ 5 adopted) children is not going to move the same way as a 19 year old hip hop dancer. Otherwise, let's just have an ABC version of SYTYCD.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - Even Judges Agree"
Not in my opinion Jenny Garth had 0 personality. she played the shy insecure card too long.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Marie Should have Gone Home - Even Judges Agree"
I agree with you completely, except that giving her a 0
is overly generous.

flashreality 0 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flashreality Click to send private message to flashreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
The judges got it wrong all right - Helio should have went home. Watch his feet. He just stands around and poses with very little footwork. His partner makes all the moves. Dancing is about moving your feet! Go back and check it out...

11-22-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
I agree Helio is way overrated and his partner Jullianne does all the work and her personality is what is fooling us into thinking that helio is all that. A woman deserves to win this and Mel is the best woman celeb. dancer left. Julianne is so cute energetic etc. that last season I voted for her more than for her partner Appollo(heee) not this time, it's Max's time to take the win please please vote for Mel & Max.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-07, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
I agree at times Helio is standing there or he is a little flat footed. But Julianne has all the eyes on her so nobody seems to notice. When people watch Helio they are watching his face for his famous smile (not his feet).

They had several of the cast and judges on Larry King Live the other night. Larry wasn't there but Mario Lopez was filling in as host. Apollo was on satellite talking too. Carrie Ann and Bruno were there with Samantha. And then the final 3 couples (minus Mel who was obviously busy) were there. Jonathon was sticking up for Marie after the judges had said she was not as good as Mel and Helio.

11-23-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Marie Should have Went Home - Even Judges Agree"
Actually Mel was there on Larry King, via satellite feed.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •