The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-11, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
Aug 15th was Ep 9 I think.
Not many peeps watching - or just no one cares to admit it to join in a discussion!

I missed one episode somewhere along the way - when the Memphis guy was sent home.

Anyway, I've just about had it with Gordon & his keeping the drama going. Whatever great & famous chef he is? he's more intent on being a DAW than on finding a chef - or being fair in this kitchen.
Sure the girl who he sent home had messed up a bit; but he didn't throw her out of the kitchen. He threw Alise & Carrie out.
The others put them up & flat out told him the drama was destroying whatever they tried to do in the kitchen.
But instead of getting rid of one, he sent another quiet meek - probably very talented - one home.

If Jennifer has health issues due to stress after this is over, she should sue Ramsay.

Joker Original 8/2011

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... PepeLePew13 08-17-11 1
   RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... Belle Book 08-17-11 2
       RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... PepeLePew13 08-17-11 3
   *throws PTTE up in the air* PepeLePew13 08-23-11 6
       RE: *throws PTTE up in the air* Belle Book 08-23-11 7
           RE: *throws PTTE up in the air* PepeLePew13 08-23-11 8
               RE: *throws PTTE up in the air* Belle Book 08-23-11 9
 RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... Starshine 08-17-11 4
 RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... Starshine 08-18-11 5
 RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 dis... foonermint 08-26-11 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-11, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-11 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

Heh, the eliminations are pretty much going as I thought. I know Jamie probably seemed like a surprise, but she has never appeared to be a strong cook and Gordon is looking for someone with fire and leadership - Jamie has neither.

The way I see it, Gordon has identified who he thinks are candidates to do well (I'm thinking of Natalie, Will, Jennifer and, to a lesser degree, Paul) and separated them from who he knows can't win (Elise, Elizabeth, Carrie, Tommy, perhaps Paul). Jamie was in that group that he probably knows can't win, so the thinking is that of the group that won't win, he is going to eliminate those who won't fight back or show any passion first, before he eliminates those who provide the drama.

You may think he's just looking for drama, but I think he's purposely keeping Carrie and Elise for as far as he can because he wants to see how each of the leading candidates handle them since they'll have to show leadership in a stressful situation. This is where the previews for next episode comes in - we're going to get a really good look at how Jennifer can handle these two.

My prediction:
Jennifer will show enough to keep her around to Final 4 (remember, most of her rantings in the previews were in the dorms), so I wouldn't be surprised if the next two boots are Tommy and Elizabeth, unless either Carrie or Elise really go beyond what they've already done to push Gordon's buttons. Then it's time to release the cuckoos, leaving a final four of Natalie, Paul, Jennifer, and Paul or Elise.

My picks to the end:

8th - Tommy
7th - Elizabeth
6th - Carrie
5th - Elise (remember what she said last ep? "I'm Final 5!")
4th - Paul
3rd - Jennifer
2nd - Natalie
Winner - Will

ETA: I don't have a problem with how Gordon is running the show - it's his show and he is demanding and wants the best for his restaurants. All of the contestants coming in know that Gordon is going to bark, so they shouldn't complain. (from what I've seen, some contestants from past seasons have had nothing but good stuff to say about Gordon when they look back on their experience).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-17-11, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
I agree that Ramsay's keeping Carrie and Elise (especially Elise) around just to test how well the others handle them. Right now, he's testing Jennifer and Elizabeth (especially Elizabeth) by keeping those two around.

I think that Tommy's definitely one of the next to go, but I think Carrie will leave before Elizabeth. Either Elizabeth or Jennifer will make the Final 4, with the one who doesn't make it going home before Elise -- or maybe Paul will go nuts and leave before the Final 4. Also, I think Natalie will outlast Will and become the head chef.

08-17-11, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-11 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

You may very well be correct about Elizabeth, but I'm just not getting that vibe from her the same way that I'm getting about Jennifer. I think we agree that neither could win. Elizabeth's massive failure to focus during the high school reunion episode is going to stick in Gordon's memory to the end ("Asian, it's the same thing as Hawaiian! And we're serving bacon to a pescetarian!").

I put Elise leaving right after Carrie because of her massive, humungous ego -- she's going to be loud and obnoxious, crowing to everyone that is within earshot about how much better she is than Carrie, and Gordon will have had his fill of her by the end of the night. We already know what Gordon thinks of her with his constant putdowns of her as a princess or commenting on her ego.

08-23-11, 11:33 AM (EST)
6. "*throws PTTE up in the air*"
... kinda like what Gordon did with Elise and Tommy's orders. We were all way off on Natalie, a big surprise as I thought she had a lot more to show as a leader than several of the people still in the show. After all, Gordon is looking for a leader more than a chef for the position at BLT Steak.

08-23-11, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: *throws PTTE up in the air*"
Me too. Unfortunately for whatever reason, whenever Natalie was put on the fish station she pretty much fell apart. Ramsay probably doesn't want someone who falls apart working for him.

08-23-11, 08:05 PM (EST)
8. "RE: *throws PTTE up in the air*"
Oh sure, but Tommy also fell apart, didn't communicate at all and wrote like a 9-year-old, while Natalie at least made an effort to communicate.

This is really shaping up to be a season where nobody's really deserving of the head chef title - the closest thing to a winner we have is apparently Will - and I can't remember seeing a season with so few viable candidates for the job.

08-23-11, 08:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: *throws PTTE up in the air*"
I agree. However, the Blue Team didn't put Tommy up on the chopping block -- although that hasn't stopped Ramsay from getting rid of someone who's not on the chopping block. Ask Gina. However, Tommy (like Elise) is a test for the chefs -- how do you handle a complete screw-up or someone who isn't a team player at all? The best chefs handle it well. The rest fall apart.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-17-11, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
Carrie - Competent, however the weakest cook amongst the ladies. She seems to try to give the impression of resolving issues, I'm not so sure, however her team have asked for Elise to go before her twice so she isn't seen by them as the issue. I agree with Pepe she is still in the competition as a challenge for the real contenders.

Elise - As we saw last episode she can run a station extraordinarily well, unfortunately she seems to completely lack empathy. Gordon knows that once you have the team set up some people need a hug occasionally and not just a yelling at, I don't think Elise has realised this yet. If this were a cookery competition she might be in with a shout.

Elizabeth - Space cadet, if it weren't for the Hawaiian = Asian, Bacon = Fish debacle I don't think I would know who she was. Must be doing a reasonable job in the kitchen, If she gets to the hotplates and does a good job all bets are off however the fact that she isn't pushing to be a leader means she will not get that opportunity.

Jennifer - A bit something and nothing, I think I like her and she will stick around but I cannot see her winning.

Natalie - Something about her rubs me the wtong way. She does OK in the kitchen although she has mucked up more than once.

Paul - Thinks he is all that, does seem competent, willing and able to lead.

Tommy - Space cadet 2. Is only still in the competition because there has always been someone worse to get kicked out, if he were to start talking in the kitchen he would have a chance, but he won't so he hasn't.

Will - Thinks he is all that, does seem competent, willing and able to lead.

8. Tommy
7. Carrie
6. Elizabeth
5. Natalie
4. Elise
3. Paul
2. Jennifer
1. Will

Arrrr Cap'n!

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-18-11, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
Now that you mention it I am still a little uncomfortable with the idea of Carrie covered in chocolate sauce

foonermint 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-26-11, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermint Click to send private message to foonermint Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 9 (what? no 7 ro 8 discussion?)"
I'm watching Star Trek ReRuns!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •