The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-29-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
LAST EDITED ON 05-29-08 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

Sung to the tune of Tears of a Clown by Smokey Robinson:

Gordon: Now if there’s a smile on my face
It’s cause I’ve seen the girls in bikinis.
But when it comes down to picking a chef
Now honey this lot is (bleeping) awful.

Jen: But don’t let my constant smirk
Give you the wrong impression.
Cause really I know, Oh I know
Gordon was so close to letting me go.

Matt: Well there are some sad things known to man
But ain’t too much sadder than
The tears of a sweaty clown when the entire viewing audience is around.
(breaks down and cries and can’t continue)

Previously on Hell’s Kitchen- read Snidget’s excellent recap here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID86/283.shtml

The episode starts with Gordon telling the Blue Team well done as they walk away. Matt apologizes to Corey and Christina for letting the team down. Corey suggests in an interview he’d make a good used car salesman, but he doesn’t cook well. Bobby and Louross kvetch about Jen. Jen appears to be up in her room talking to herself. It’s interesting that everyone appears to get along reasonably well except for her.

The next day arrives and Gordon greets the contestants in the kitchen. He tells them they all need to work on their timing and communication. They have to cook three items on the menu; scallops, John Dory, and chicken. Each contestant has to work alone for six minutes with a fifteen second overlap to tell the next contestant what they need to do. Jen bullies her Blue Team members into having Louross sit the challenge out. Gordon comments that Louross is quick in the kitchen. Matt and Petrozza race off with someone yelling at Matt “Don’t fall.” Nice. They start all the dishes and I have to apologize. When the teams change people and Christina replaces Matt I have no idea what he says. He tells her he has all the veg, but after that I have no clue. I think I watched it five times. If you know, let me know in the comments. Petrozza takes more time to explain things to Bobby. He even adds some encouragement. Corey and Jen race to finish cooking and plate the dishes. Bobby doesn’t look like he explains a lot to Jen, but they could have edited it out. Jen admits that Petrozza and Bobby had everything perfectly laid out for her.

Judging time…and Gordon compliments both Jen and Corey for plating everything in time. He tastes the scallops and judges that Jen’s eggs are overcooked (one looks like egg tissue paper) and her scallops are raw in the center. He gives one point to the Red Team. Jen claims in a confessional she thought the scallops were perfect. He tells the Red Team their John Dory looks terrible (I would eat very little these people serve so I’m not a good judge). The Blue Team’s sauce was scorched, and Jen blames that on the pan. He gives the point to the Blue Team. It comes down to the final dish of chicken. The Red Team’s chicken is cooked well and missing the leeks, and the Blue Team’s chicken is missing the sauce. Gordon awards the win to the Red Team. Heh, on second viewing I see Matt said he was sweating bullets. Nice foreshadowing.

The Red Team goes to the beach, and the Blue Team cleans the outside of Hell’s Kitchen. Christina tells us she hasn’t seen the sun for a week. She looks somewhat translucent, so I think it was longer than that. Some legendary surfing dude teaches them to surf. Back at Hell’s Kicthen, Louross tries to lighten the mood, and Jen gets on everyone’s nerves. Is anyone shocked to learn that Matt “banged his head on the bottom of the ocean” when he tried to surf? Jean-Phillipe brings over towels and Gordon throws him in the ocean.

The next day, Gordon tells each team they get to design their own menu. I think Jen forgets that you have to pick food that people want to eat. The Red Team works smoothly together and seems to be getting along well. The Blue Team gets pushed around by Jen. I can see why she gets away with it. She just plows right over their opinions. So in order to shut her up they give in to whatever she says. Louross is very unhappy with the menu Jen created, but he doesn’t say anything to her. The Blue Team members want the menu to fail so they can get rid of Jen. That always works so well on this show.

The Red Team’s menu is judged well done by Gordon. It does sound tasty. Louross reads the Blue Team’s menu and Gordon tells them it is terrible. Louross tells the Chef he hates the menu. Jen admits she comes up with the disgusting parts of the menu. Gordon makes them change the menu on the spot. The result sounds much better…and Jen reads it off. It gets Gordon’s approval. The teams go to prep and Louross and Jen snipe at each other. Thirty seconds later Hell’s Kitchen opens. I wish my prep for dinner tonight would be that fast.

Each diner can pick from the Red or Blue menu. The popularity of the menus will influence the outcome of the judging. Christina tries to explain her pasta appetizer to Matt but he doesn’t listen. Gordon immediately says the pasta is salty. The Blue Team is off to a good start when Petrozza puts unwashed lettuce in the appetizer and Gordon calls him a pig. I’d rather have a pig cook for me than Matt when he starts sweating into the pasta. It’s quite horrifying. Corey tells him to cook like a normal person and Matt sulks. Most of his pasta dishes are returned. Corey and Christina work together and ignore Matt.

The Blue Team takes another hit when Louross cooks raw steak and several are returned. Gordon threatens to shut them down if more steak is returned. The camera shifts back to the Red Team and Matt can’t cook vegetables. He sulks, and Corey and Christina pick up his slack. It was a good move for the Red Team. Customers eating off the Blue Team’s menu leave because their steak isn’t ready. This is clearly staged, but effective. Louross figures he is going home. Back in the Red kitchen, all is going well.

In the Blue Kitchen, Bobby makes the mistake of calling Jen honey. I must confess I call people I don’t like but I have to deal with dear sometimes. This is probably the same thing. Jen serves up a raw soufflé and Gordon yells at her. He tells her to turn her stove off.

Dinner service is completed! Both teams had some problems…and Gordon tells them the menu selection between the Blue and Red teams was almost even. I have no idea why Matt wearing looks like Homer Simpson. Is it a shameless plug for Fox perhaps? Gordon tells them the Blue Team lost. Petrozza is the best of the worst. He has to nominate two people for elimination. Delusional Jen says she deserves to be there. Louross points out that Jen doesn’t work well with anyone. Bobby feels good about his chances. Petrozza nominates Louross and Jen. He says Louross doesn’t have the skills to compete at this level (of shame maybe). Petrozza says Jen feels she has more to teach than she does to learn. Gordon tells Petrozza to choose who he should send home immediately.

Petrozza chooses Louross, and Gordon tells him it was a good decision. Louross is sent home…and looks incredibly short next to Gordon. But Gordon isn’t finished, he tells them they stunk at picking a menu and has Matt come forward. Gordon tells Matt he’s unconvinced he should be there. And he tells Jen that while she can manipulate her team, she can’t manipulate him. He tells them both to take their jackets off. He sends Jen off to the women’s team and Matt to the Blue Team. Gordon hopes that they do better the next day.

Matt is glad he’s still around. Jen thinks Corey and Christina are intimidated by her. Corey says she and Christina are the ones in charge of the Red Team. Gordon says Louross wasn’t short on energy he was just short…on cooking ability. Next time…there’s money, there’s Vegas, there is plotting. Matt goes a little bit nuts. Wheee!

As far as whom I think is going to win, since it was asked in another thread... I think Ramsey tests each contestant he thinks might be viable. To elaborate on what Seana said..last season, he tested Rock by making him take out the trash at the women’s photo shoot to see if he could keep his temper in check. This episode, he tested Petrozza by making him choose who he thought should be eliminated. Perhaps he was concerned with Petrozza’s ability to make quick decisions. Keep your eyes peeled to see if there are more tests to come. It was pointed out to me that Gordon never once yelled at Bobby. So maybe my theory is crap. We will see.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... Ahtumbreez 05-30-08 1
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... jbug 05-30-08 2
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... Seana 05-30-08 3
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... mysticwolf 05-30-08 4
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... CantStandToLook 06-03-08 5
 RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitche... bullzeye 06-11-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Love the song Debs!

And this part Is anyone shocked to learn that Matt “banged his head on the bottom of the ocean” when he tried to surf? Jean-Phillipe brings over towels and Gordon throws him in the ocean.

And this I’d rather have a pig cook for me than Matt when he starts sweating into the pasta is the absolute truth! I could barely watch the previews and I could NOT watch that part of the actual show. I was gagging just listening to it. *shudder

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-08, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Well detailed summary Debs!
~~~wondering why the ones who came of with the particular dishes weren't the ones to prepare them; Christina's pasta and matt is chosen to make it? strange choices these little devils make~~~~

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the bug's kitchen!
Agman? It's getting hot in here!!!!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Well done, Debs!

I missed this: Heh, on second viewing I see Matt said he was sweating bullets. Nice foreshadowing. Thanks for pointing it out.

LOL @

...tears of a sweaty clown

I’d rather have a pig cook for me than Matt when he starts sweating into the pasta.

Actually, I just really like insults to Matt. Or Jen. Not as much as I enjoyed insulting Jason (misogynist loser), but still.

Hooray! I was mentioned in a summary!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-08, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Good job, Deb! Lvoed the song lyrics. Missed Gordon throwing J-P into the ocean and Matt banging his head. That might be a first for J-P, but it's definitely *not* a first for Matty. Something has to explain Matty. Repeated head trauma throughout his life would answer a lot.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-08, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Great summary Deb. I can't wait for tonights episode where Matt completely loses whats left rattling around in his head.

Bobby seems from his credentials to be most likely to succeed but so far he's only shown that he's lazy.

Syren did this

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-11-08, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Summary: Hell's Kitchen 4, Episode 9: The Tears of Seven Clowns"
Great Summary Deb!!!!

It is interesting to replay the older episodes though these summaries to see if earlier behavior does, in fact, foreshadow future events.

Now I have "Tears of a Clown" stuck in my head!

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •