The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

RJ Lewis 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-10-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RJ%20Lewis Click to send private message to RJ%20Lewis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
I believe that I understand what it is that Chef Gordon Ramsay is looking for in these Chefs that he is testing on his show.

I understand that they only get perhaps 3-4 hours of sleep a night, leaving them all at best, sleep deprived, confused and out of it mentally as well as physically, the more they get into this show, week by week. I can see where mistakes start to creep into their performances, both in the kitchen, and probably out of the kitchen too. He sees where folks are improving or are they instead slipping in their performance, as the weeks go by? Or are they perhaps just remaining static, neither improving nor slipping?

Remember, he does have access to all the tapes of the previous weeks to review at will.

He pushes their buttons, to see just how far they can be pushed before they crack, IF they crack. Yeah, its intentional-- you betcha it is. He has to know if they are capable of operating under that kind of pressure. And they have to be, in order to run that big a place.

But, that is what this is all about-- a test of your endurance, and what you can do under extreme pressure. 'Cause honey, it isn't gonna be a cakewalk, running a restaurant in Las Vegas. There will be many 20 hour days, many days of eating at odd hours, and you cannot make mistakes. Those mistakes can cost you alot of money, and in the end, profit is your bottom line folks, when you run a restaurant. 90% of all newly opened restaurants fail- I would suppose it would be even higher in Las Vegas.

That is what Gordon Ramsay is attempting to impress upon these folks, as he grooms them to become the next owner/manager of their own place. He wants them to see JUST what it takes to DO this job, and I think he does an admirable job doing so! KUDOS to Chef Ramsay!

Yeah, he yells and screams alot, calls some of those wanna-be chefs a few names, but in most cases, they have had it comin' to 'em. And we have to realize that in Britain they do things a bit differently than we do. He is still a world class chef who deserves our utmost respect.

Although I am just a lowly homemaker with nothing more than short order experience and of course good old fashioned farm cooking experience from an early age, I would give anything just to spend *ONE DAY* with Chef Ramsay learning some of his techniques and dishes. Even his kitchen manners don't bother me, because I know there is a purpose behind it. Go Chef Go!

Like they say, if you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... FOXmePUHLEEZ 08-11-06 1
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... bullzeye 08-11-06 2
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... Cyndimaus 08-11-06 3
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... RonReports 08-12-06 4
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... mysticwolf 08-12-06 5
 RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For... rockdog 08-14-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-11-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
I'd love to take him on in the kitchen as well, and he could yell all he wanted. I think I could cook a smile out of the ol' geezer.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-11-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
I think you are bang on with your assessment RJ! At the end of the day, cooking skills can be taught, but to teach how stressful it is going to be running your won kitchen is next to impossible. I agree that Chef is looking for the basics - the person who can really handle the heat - get's the kitchen.

Great observation - Great post!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-11-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
But, that is what this is all about-- a test of your endurance, and what you can do under extreme pressure.

Which is why I would have concerns about Virginia. So many times she freaks out when things get fast and she messes up a bit. She seems to fall apart to a certain extent.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-12-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For....

World peace and the renewal of this television show, not necessarily in that order.

The answer given in the first message in this thread was very good.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-06, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
Ayup. You're pretty much spot on. Although, I think that like the first season he's going to offer them an opportunity other than taking over the Red Rock, and I think he fervently prays that they accept it.

And if they have a brain? They will. 'Cause if they take the Red Rock? I don't give either of 'em more than a month before he fires 'em.

Not even Heather's ready for that large a responsibility, yet, and she's closer to ready than anyone else.

I truly think Keith would have taken Red Rock over an apprenticeship. His ego was that big. He wouldn't have even made it a month. It was his main competitor that he served poorly cooked spaghetti to, after all. That's the kind of word-of-mouth advertising you need. And, chef's do recommend each others places. They know darn well their customers aren't going to eat at their place all the time and, if they recommend something good? Customers will remember them for it.

In addition to attitude, I think that's a major part of why he's gone.

Heather and Virginia know that they'd benefit from more seasoning. Particularly, Virginia. That's why I'm not ready to count her out of this thing, yet.

Pack Alpha Status Accorded by Tribe blogging's scary

rockdog 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockdog Click to send private message to rockdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What Chef Ramsay Is Looking For...."
Do you ever think they will make a Cuban dish?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •