The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will The Contender air in Canada?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

PsychoJason 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-13-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoJason Click to send private message to PsychoJason Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will The Contender air in Canada?"
Will anyone in Canada air any episodes of The Contender or its specials now that the show has moved to ESPN (which Canadians CAN'T get!)? Global aired the first Contender, but I would guess they would never air that again. TSN is partially owned by ESPN, so will it air there or anywhere else in the CTV universe?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will The Contender air in Canad... the_sweet_science 10-13-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

the_sweet_science 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-13-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail the_sweet_science Click to send private message to the_sweet_science Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will The Contender air in Canada?"
I am also from Canada, and I certainly hope we will get season 2.
I think TSN is probly our best and only hope to see it as they are the only sports network in Canada who seems to give a damn about the sweet science. I asked Russ Anber if he knew anything about the next season being aired on TSN but didn't get any definitive answer so he probably also does not know yet (or he cannot tell)! If we can take this upcoming fight on the 15th as a sign, then things may look promising as TSN is scheduled to be showing The Contender rematch on October 15th, live starting at 8pm. I think the only reason that Global aired last season was because it was being shown on a major network; NBC.

On TSN's boxing schedule page, it states:

Oct 15 ESPN - The Contender Special: East vs. West - Mora vs. Manfredo Jr 11:00 p.m. et

You can go to this site to see the TV schedule for boxing on TSN:

http://tsn.ca/boxing/tv_schedule.asp?sport=BOXING

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •