The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Something wrong with Peter?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Petey 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-27-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Petey Click to send private message to Petey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Something wrong with Peter?"
This post isn't meant to be a debate about whether or not Peter lost the Contender finale, but rather an inquiry about why he looked so terrible? Obviously Sergio contributed to his demise, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of external reasons why he looked so bad. Was Peter better before the Contender or was he never that good in the first place?

Not only did he look sluggish on Tuesday, he looked downright weak. He was hardly able to punch after the 4th round. He has obviously fought many longer fights in the past few years and he has not had a problem with conditioning. Was there some sort of physical problem with him? Did he have to cut too much weight? Did he not train very hard? Is he psychologically damaged after filming the contender? Did fighting so much last fall damage him physically? Did the Providence mafia make him tank the fight?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Something wrong with Peter? intocable 05-27-05 1
   RE: Something wrong with Peter? Petey 05-27-05 2
       RE: Something wrong with Peter? intocable 05-27-05 3
           RE: Something wrong with Peter? VegasFightWriter 05-27-05 4
 RE: Something wrong with Peter? Ricky 05-27-05 5
   RE: Something wrong with Peter? Digital Christ 05-27-05 6
       RE: Something wrong with Peter? deano2285 05-27-05 7
           RE: Something wrong with Peter? fashionkrazy 05-27-05 8
           RE: Something wrong with Peter? decoy1 05-28-05 10
           RE: Something wrong with Peter? ARnutz 05-28-05 13
           RE: Something wrong with Peter? intocable 05-28-05 15
 RE: Something wrong with Peter? Wassail99 05-28-05 9
   RE: Something wrong with Peter? Desire 05-28-05 11
       RE: Something wrong with Peter? decoy1 05-28-05 12
   RE: Something wrong with Peter? VegasFightWriter 05-28-05 14
 RE: Something wrong with Peter? Water_Walker32 05-29-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-27-05, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
I think he was going to loose either way, but He did look bad. I think the main thing that got him was he didn't expect Sergio to stand in there with his back against the ropes and fight him. he was expecting him to run and all that and when he didn't that threw his whole game plan off...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Petey 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Petey Click to send private message to Petey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
A theory that was mentioned over at the Alfonso Gomez message board is that Peter's "people" (whatever that means...mafia? friends?) bet very heavily for Sergio to win the fight. Perhaps somebody is masterminding a plan that would allow for more lucrative rematches with the guys from the contender show, etc?

I can't believe I just wrote this -- its sort of far fetched but it wouldn't surprise me if something similar was going on. It just seemed totally bizarre to me that one year ago, Peter went against Bonsante for 12 very strong rounds. On Tuesday, he barely made it through 2 rounds.

05-27-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
Could be.. never say never, but he said in his press conferance that he was in tip top shape ready to do it and all that..

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-27-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
Everybody says that at every press conference. I don't even go to PCs that often any more, because you can script them in advance. Oscar De La Hoya is the worst.

Anyway, personally, I just think Peter was a little bit exposed in the show. Going in, he was probably the favorite, but only made it past the first day because of Jeff Fraza's chicken pox. He was still probably one of the three or four best fighters, but he is apparently not terribly adaptable in a fight (a knock against the corner at least as much as the fighter) and seemed unprepared for Serio's strategy and unable to counter it. Simple as that. Or maybe he's just the kind of guy who, when the right lights are shining wilts rather than grows. Time will tell.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-27-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
I don't think there was anything wrong with Peter. Sergio was just quicker - that's what made Peter seem sluggish.

Peter can sure take a punch though, I thought he was gonna go down a few times toward the end of the fight - but he hung in there.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Digital Christ 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-27-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Digital%20Christ Click to send private message to Digital%20Christ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
These dudes' were fighting with just a few days recovery time from previous battles. Peter's used to months of down time in between battles and maybe that was the factor that finally caught up with him. Just a theory I mean emotion/desire may carry U when your body can't,,,,but to do that repeatedly it will eventually shut down.

deano2285 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deano2285 Click to send private message to deano2285 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
If you were watching the show. Earlier in the show they talked about how they had too lose quite abit of weight to do the fight. The nutrisionist said they needed to replenish there carbs and drink a ton of water and gatoraid. I read in an article about Manfredo that in a previous fight that he had against Tony Basante that he had too lose weight the day of the fight to get down to weight for contract reasons. He lost too much energy tuesday night and never regained it back to fight The Idiot Sergio! Manfredo never had it in the whole fight. You give Manfredo a couple of months to prepare and he kicks Sergios a##. In the fight he previouslty had with Tony, Manfredo won it.

fashionkrazy 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fashionkrazy Click to send private message to fashionkrazy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
I'm pretty sure Sergio would still win. He had LESS rest than Peter did. No doubt Peter's record is impressive but he's not a champion. And if he were, how do you explain the loss against Alfonso? Someone who's two weight classes below him? I think that people need to stop making excuse after excuse for him. He's just didn't live up to anyone's expectations.

decoy1 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
that was Jesse Brinkley that had to lose the weight and then pour the gatorade down before the fight

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-05, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
You give Manfredo a couple of months to prepare and he kicks Sergios a##.

They all had at least 5 months to prepare for the finals and as you can see, Peter did no such thing.

This show was taped last fall and they had 'months to prepare' for the Tuesday live finale.

05-28-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
Excuse me but he had more than two months to prepare for this fight what are you talking about? Who cares that he beat Tony? who is he ?? Is he some high standard?? He just got whipped by Jesse and Ishe!! Just face it the dude isn't all cracked up as they make it.. inflated #3 world ranking.. he must have been fighting bums..

Wassail99 20 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wassail99 Click to send private message to Wassail99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
The announcers also said during the fight how hot it was in there. They made the comment that it was over 100 degrees. Maybe he isn't used to the heat (being from Rhode Island), and Sergio was (being from California), just a thought.

Desire 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Desire Click to send private message to Desire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-05 AT 04:39 AM (EST)

Something wrong with Peter?
Yes!
He is the victim of a very abusive father who is trying to live his dream thru his son.
Poor kid. When will he be a man and stand up to him.
He said on the show that he became a man.
Prove it!
Eliminate him from your corner.

decoy1 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-05, 05:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail decoy1 Click to send private message to decoy1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
I kinda agree with her.... seems like he wants to go on and be an electrician and a father, not a fighter.

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-28-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
They did? Well, they were lying. It was warm in there, for sure, but it wasn't 100 degrees. Outside, it was about 105, and the difference between the arena and the outdoors was huge.

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Something wrong with Peter?"
Well to be honest, the whole strategy that Peter and his father had going was a dead end. Peter realized that Sergio was too quick and Peter was convinced that if he could get Sergio to fight up close, he could take him, all he had to do is back him in a corner. As far as Peter looking sluggish, if I recall correctly, there were a few excellent body shots from Sergio that seem to paralyze Peter a bit. You take a few shots like that in the liver or kidney and your whole system slows down. Plus it can make you instantly exhausted.
As far as a strategic match designed for a rematch, well...that is hard for me to believe. Peter needed the million dollars and wouldn't have agreed to take a dive (per se). Any chance for a rematch I couldn't see paying out that much. All the contenders had to fight their way up to a million dollar fight.

I voted for Peter to win, I think he is a nice kid aside from his father. It almost looked as though Peter's father took over management of his corner. Peter didn't fight Peter's fight. Not to say the outcome would have been any different. But just like the Peter vs Gomez fight, anything could happen. I certainly don't see Sergio as unbeatable. I say give them 8 rounds and give the top four a go at it again. Different people? sure. Bring Ishe back too...come on, you can talk him into it.

I truly hate the 5 round bouts. That needs to be upped.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •