The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What are the matchups for the Undercard"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Italian Stallion 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Italian%20Stallion Click to send private message to Italian%20Stallion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What are the matchups for the Undercard"
Hey guys.....I just wanted to know what the exact matches are for the bronze undercard fights....also if you could also tell me their fan favorite ranking. I wanted Anthony to be 1 or 2, but i hope he's atleast 3 or 4..Thanks
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Official match ups VegasFightWriter 05-19-05 1
   RE: Official match ups Lazt Boy Scout 05-19-05 2
       RE: Official match ups intocable 05-19-05 3
           RE: Official match ups pinkribbonmom 05-19-05 4
               I don't blame Anthony CubsFan05 05-20-05 5
                   RE: I don't blame Anthony stephs47 05-20-05 6
                       It's not about cowardice CubsFan05 05-20-05 7
                           RE: It's not about cowardice intocable 05-20-05 8
                               RE: It's not about cowardice pollardsvision 05-20-05 9
                                   RE: It's not about cowardice madkata 05-21-05 10
                                       RE: It's not about cowardice eeler1 05-21-05 12
                                           RE: It's not about cowardice CubsFan05 05-21-05 13
   RE: Official match ups madkata 05-21-05 11
       RE: Official match ups dump 05-23-05 14
           RE: Official match ups Wacko Jacko 05-23-05 15
               RE: Official match ups CubsFan05 05-23-05 16
                   RE: Official match ups TroyGun25 05-23-05 17
                       RE: Official match ups ARnutz 05-23-05 18
                       RE: Official match ups 3twinkles 05-23-05 19
                           RE: Official match ups TroyGun25 05-24-05 20
                       RE: Official match ups jenniferlyn 05-24-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Official match ups"
Jimmy Lange vs Tarick Salmaci
Anthony Bonsante vs Jeff Fraza
Brent Cooper vs Ishe Smith
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lazt Boy Scout 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-19-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lazt%20Boy%20Scout Click to send private message to Lazt%20Boy%20Scout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official match ups"
Wow....

that card sucks! Glad I had a final that day to prevent me from going.

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-05, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official match ups"
Yea I am pretty bumed about the matchups.. They should have put Ishe against Anthony and Fraza against Brent. That would have been better fights.. I don't know who in the hell really wanted to see Brent and Taric fight anyway..!!!
I guess wew ill have to wait until Fonzo fights Jesse for the good fight..

pinkribbonmom 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinkribbonmom Click to send private message to pinkribbonmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official match ups"
Well, according to Alfonso, on his website, he said that's what Ishe, Jeff and Brent DID want. For Jeff and Brent to fight and Ishe and Anthony to fight. But Anthony wouldn't agree to it.

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I don't blame Anthony"
Think about it for a second. Let's assume that what VegasFightWriter said the fights would be worth are true. If you made $25,000 a year and someone told you that you were in a fight where you would make $100,000 if you won, or $50,000 if you lost, would you rather fight a fighter in the TOP 20 or one ranked around #150?

That's a no brainer in my book.

stephs47 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stephs47 Click to send private message to stephs47 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I don't blame Anthony"
Anthony is such a coward......he was from the time when he bailed on the fight he was suppose to fight against Jimmy ( I think that's right). He is just being a selfish a%%hole, and I hope he gets knocked out again. He prolly was afraid that Ishe would hurt him really bad and that he wouldn't be able to fight EVER again. Serves him right, I have no tolerance for people like him...he always has to be a problem!

I just want someone to tell me when the co-main event will take place. Will we be able to watch it on TV with the final fight or it going to be on the undercard ticket? Please someone tell me that really knows!!! Thanks

05-20-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "It's not about cowardice"
Think about it for a second. He isn't afraid to fight Ishe. Not at all! If Ishe was the original fight, he'd say BRING IT ON! The fact is, after Joey QUIT (speaking of cowards) he was SUPPOSED to fight Jeff. Jeff is the easier fight, and it is the fight that he is supposed to fight. Only an idiot would blow $50,000 to fight someone more difficult.

Yes, these guys are idiots at times. Look at the way they invited Peter back. This is a tournament about opportunity, and so far, Alfonso and Joey just killed their opportunity by losing to the guy they brought back!

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's not about cowardice"
Well I agree with most of that, but I think Anthony should fight Ishe it makes for a better fight, and it does seem like he is scared.. As for Alfonso and Joey how do you know that they voted them back? They might have voted for someone else..

From what I understand on my tickets The bronze fight will be the main event for the three boring fights in the morning.. Then the Finale will be the only fight with no undercards..

pollardsvision 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pollardsvision Click to send private message to pollardsvision Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's not about cowardice"
To call Anthony a coward is just dumb. Joey is the coward. He is the one that initiated contact with the boxing commision and told him he was still hurt. Give me a break! The guy knew it would be a war with Bonsante and didnt want to risk having two losses before his "big" bout with Jesse next month.

How many of you would fight a tougher guy for 50K less? Didnt think so. If Yahoo or NBC or whoever had taken more security with the voting these matchups would have never happened anyway...Its obvious that Tarrick and Lange are not that popular and the voting and matchups should have turned out much different.

If Brent Cooper backs out then we would get to see Ahmed vs. Ishe II which would be much better...

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's not about cowardice"
OMG, what a great idea... hoping (for Brent's HEALTH and SAFETY!) that he backs out. I'd LOVE to see Ahmed and Ishe fight!!!

eeler1 23 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eeler1 Click to send private message to eeler1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's not about cowardice"
I'm with you, I'd like to see babyface and Ishe again.

But, you know, if Brett just shows up, even if he gets beat on for 15 minutes, he'll makes what, $25,000? That is the biggest payday he'll ever have in his career probably. Maybe if he got paid off to drop out, he'd do it but it would be dumb financially to go this far and then not cash in.

05-21-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: It's not about cowardice"
Ishe will take it easy on Brent, guaranteed...

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official match ups"
How's our guy Ishe feel about making the undercard? And against Brent? Is he ready?

BTW, if Brent drops out... IMHO, an Ishe/Ahmed rematch would just float my boat!

dump 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dump Click to send private message to dump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Official match ups"
Why does everyone want so see Ahmed fight? Both his fights it appeared he was beat rather easy compared to all the other fights.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-23-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Official match ups"
Because there is no intrigue at all in the Ishe vs Cooper fight. At least if Ishe fought Ahmed again there would be a little intrigue. It's not a matter of who wins Ishe or Cooper it is how bad does Ishe beat the guy.

The other matchups stick too. You gotta go with Lange and Bosante. All three fights should be knock outs.

05-23-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Official match ups"
I agree with you about Fraza/Bonsante and Smith/Cooper, but I think the Salmaci/Lange fight will be better than you may think.

I doubt that Lange knocks Tarick out. It may be a good fight. Jimmy Lange did not impress me a bit against Joey. He was getting killed in the first two rounds until Joey hurt his hammy again.

TroyGun25 27 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TroyGun25 Click to send private message to TroyGun25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Official match ups"
I don't really see why people are hating on Bonsante. The guy is in his early to mid 30s so this is a big payday for him. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to fight Fraza. And who's to say that it will be an easy fight for Bonsante, when's the last time Fraza fought? I do agree that Ishe and Cooper is a ridiculous match up and Lange and Tarrick as the #1 fan favorites? Give me a break.

Another thing. I've been reading these postings about the Contender since it started and I'm amazed at how much people on here think this show should be about sportsmanship and how their dumbfounded when someone does something shady. Well, guess what? That's what the sport of boxing is...it's a shady sport where the snakes outnumber the good guys. Let's just all face that fact.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Official match ups"
That's what the sport of boxing is...it's a shady sport where the snakes outnumber the good guys.

Totally agree. This sport is about taunting and getting in the head of your opponent. You have to get any advantage you can, even if it is just a psychological one.

I'd also like to add...

Let's not forget, this is a REALITY TV SHOW! The producer is Mark Burnett (Survivor, Apprentice), who is basically the king of reality TV. His producing/editing is all about causing drama, making waves and ruffling feathers. In a way, boxing is THE perfect sport to compliment this TV genre (which is all about shady ~ contestants need some element of shadiness to win).

Hoenstly, could you see this show happening with a sport, like say... golf?!?!

3twinkles 19 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3twinkles Click to send private message to 3twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Official match ups"
I am so glad you said that. Gosh let it go about Bonsante he was just more up front about changing his mind. He is doing what is best for him and his kids and there is nothing wrong with that. The other guys are all doing the same thing they were just sneakier. If Bonsante was confronted with anything he spoke up and said yeah I did do that and here is why and if you don't like it too bad. I think it took guts to at least say it. He is also the oldest one in there and is up against people a lot younger then he is. Probably better shape too. He just played the game a bit better.

You are right boxing is a shady sport from what I understand. And lets not forget that there is a LOT of editing on that show too. I bet there is a lot of important stuff we did not see. Most of these "reality" shows have people edited on there in a way that makes good tv...not to show what really happened. So I wish people would lay off Bonsante. I thought he was good. i also thought all the other boxers were good.

TroyGun25 27 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-05, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TroyGun25 Click to send private message to TroyGun25 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Official match ups"
You are so right ARnutz, boxing is the perfect sport for reality TV and Burnett is probably the right guy to make this show work. Believe it or not, there was a reality TV golf show, it was on the golf channel. It took something like 16 women and put them through various golf challenges and the last one standing won a spot on the LPGA. I only caught a couple of episodes and of course there was the obligatory cadyiness and it was quite boring (except for the one who won, she was very hot). I'm waiting for reality figure skating and the episode where a goon comes and bashes a skater's knee in with a pipe. Let's see Burnett pull that off!

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-24-05, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Official match ups"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-05 AT 03:50 AM (EST)

AMEN to you Troy for saying so eloquently what I've been thinking since 4 weeks ago when the whole damn house (not to mention the spoiler boards) FREAKED OUT about what Joey did,..not to mention when they had such a tantrum about the decision Anthony made to fight Brent. GOOD LORD PEOPLE!!! We're not in the house, we're NOT the ones fighting, and we're NOT the ones potentially putting our health on the line to win a million dollars!! Don't forget, this is a reality show, where people scheme, lie, cheat, steal, basically do whatever it takes to get to the finals. Contender was TAME by comparison, yet we continue to armchair quarterback and bring down judgement on people who's lives we know virtually nothing about!! (or only what the EPMB chooses to show for entertainment value) It's a show, it's meant for enjoyement, discussion, etc...but to pass final judgement on a man's entire character and existence by what little we see once a week (and what is edited to fit a nice, neat little storyline) pretty much sucks. Just my $.02

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •