The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is the show rigged"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bill3510 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bill3510 Click to send private message to Bill3510 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is the show rigged"
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the show is rigged. I find it very interesting that in every single match so far that one boxer wins 2 rounds and then his opponent wins 2 rounds and suddenly one of the boxers wins the fifth and deciding round. I can't believe that one guy can't dominate and win four or five rounds. I admit I don't know how the judges are scoring each round but common sense can usually tell you who won which round just by watching the fight
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is the show rigged RDIheath 05-09-05 1
 They haven't been that close CubsFan05 05-09-05 2
 RE: Is the show rigged ChicagoTRS 05-09-05 3
   RE: Is the show rigged Throwback 05-09-05 4
 RE: Is the show rigged FarwestChips 05-09-05 5
 RE: Is the show rigged ladro 05-10-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RDIheath 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RDIheath Click to send private message to RDIheath Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is the show rigged"
I would tend to agree IF you watched the ENTIRE fight
the 1 min worth of clips that we get per round are edited for just the purpose of edge of your seat drama. Show the BEST hits or scoring punches of Boxer A from 2 rounds and the the same for Boxer B for the other 2 rounds and then "hang" the 5th round for the audience to build the drama
Remember this is REALITY TV
Last nights fight was dramatic regardless of how the previous 4 rounds went or how we were SHOWN they went
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CubsFan05 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CubsFan05 Click to send private message to CubsFan05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "They haven't been that close"
The editing makes you believe that they may be close, but they aren't.

When Alfonso beat Peter the first time around, Peter lost 5-0, 4-1, and 3-2 rounds respectively for the three judges

When Ishe beat Ahmed, only one judge gave Ahmed a round at all, while the other two shut him out 5-0.

When Juan beat Tarick, two of the judges had it 50-45 and the other 49-46 (almost a complete 5-0 sweep)

Jesse beat Jonathan pretty soundly too. Only one judge gave Jonathan 1 round, the other two shut him out.

Peter and Miguel's match was really close (48-47) but wasn't it over before the 5th round?

Both of Anthony's fights were lop-sided too.

I would have to say that both of Joey's fights were close
though.

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is the show rigged"
We know from the judges scorecards that these fight have not all been 3-2 tight contests. I think some of the earlier fights were 5-0. The last few fights have been very close but I think it is legit...I give the fighters credit they are just coming to fight. I really give the underdogs credit as some of these guys according to "experts" were going to be severely outmatched...like Joey Gilbert and Anthony but they both had great fights. Alfonso was the supposed underdog in both of his fights but the kid has heart. Noone was supposed to be able to beat Ishe but it happenned. No way you can stage some of these battles of the last few fights...a few of these guys have taken a lot of punishment.

Throwback 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Throwback Click to send private message to Throwback Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is the show rigged"
Regardless of how this competition finishes, if Ishe Smith wants to be a great fighter he has more ability than anybody in this thing far and away. Believe me this guy is for real. He'll make his millions if he wants to - it's up to him.

FarwestChips 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is the show rigged"
As far as I remember only 2 fights have been scored that way, maybe four at the most.
As far as the show being rigged I have not heard of a pending investigation by the FBI.
If the show was rigged I believe that’s who would investigate and prosecute.
VFW may be able to answer that off the top of his head, but I believe that fixed pro fights are handled on the federal level.
Wasn’t Thomas Williams busted by the FBI in a sting, than tried in federal court?
If so what you are suggesting is Mark Burnett (who would have to know about it) Sly and Sugar Ray are all risking their freedom and reputations.
I don’t think you have a leg to stand on man.
The evidence is in: so far most of the fights have been one sided and there would be no reason for the parties involved to risk so much for a show.
Do you need to hear the verdict? Based on the posters inability to think rationally prior to posting this question, this case will be dismissed and any further allegations made by said party\parties will be looked upon by the court as harassment.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-05, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is the show rigged"
in addition to what everyone else has already said, I would like to add: What would be the point of rigging the contest? It isn't like there is some overwhelming crowd favorite.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •