URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 200
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Is the show rigged"

Posted by Bill3510 on 05-09-05 at 01:46 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the show is rigged. I find it very interesting that in every single match so far that one boxer wins 2 rounds and then his opponent wins 2 rounds and suddenly one of the boxers wins the fifth and deciding round. I can't believe that one guy can't dominate and win four or five rounds. I admit I don't know how the judges are scoring each round but common sense can usually tell you who won which round just by watching the fight

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Is the show rigged"
Posted by RDIheath on 05-09-05 at 03:04 PM
I would tend to agree IF you watched the ENTIRE fight
the 1 min worth of clips that we get per round are edited for just the purpose of edge of your seat drama. Show the BEST hits or scoring punches of Boxer A from 2 rounds and the the same for Boxer B for the other 2 rounds and then "hang" the 5th round for the audience to build the drama
Remember this is REALITY TV
Last nights fight was dramatic regardless of how the previous 4 rounds went or how we were SHOWN they went

"They haven't been that close"
Posted by CubsFan05 on 05-09-05 at 03:06 PM
The editing makes you believe that they may be close, but they aren't.

When Alfonso beat Peter the first time around, Peter lost 5-0, 4-1, and 3-2 rounds respectively for the three judges

When Ishe beat Ahmed, only one judge gave Ahmed a round at all, while the other two shut him out 5-0.

When Juan beat Tarick, two of the judges had it 50-45 and the other 49-46 (almost a complete 5-0 sweep)

Jesse beat Jonathan pretty soundly too. Only one judge gave Jonathan 1 round, the other two shut him out.

Peter and Miguel's match was really close (48-47) but wasn't it over before the 5th round?

Both of Anthony's fights were lop-sided too.

I would have to say that both of Joey's fights were close
though.

Posted by ChicagoTRS on 05-09-05 at 03:09 PM
We know from the judges scorecards that these fight have not all been 3-2 tight contests. I think some of the earlier fights were 5-0. The last few fights have been very close but I think it is legit...I give the fighters credit they are just coming to fight. I really give the underdogs credit as some of these guys according to "experts" were going to be severely outmatched...like Joey Gilbert and Anthony but they both had great fights. Alfonso was the supposed underdog in both of his fights but the kid has heart. Noone was supposed to be able to beat Ishe but it happenned. No way you can stage some of these battles of the last few fights...a few of these guys have taken a lot of punishment.

Posted by Throwback on 05-09-05 at 07:25 PM
Regardless of how this competition finishes, if Ishe Smith wants to be a great fighter he has more ability than anybody in this thing far and away. Believe me this guy is for real. He'll make his millions if he wants to - it's up to him.

Posted by FarwestChips on 05-09-05 at 08:08 PM
As far as I remember only 2 fights have been scored that way, maybe four at the most.
As far as the show being rigged I have not heard of a pending investigation by the FBI.
If the show was rigged I believe that’s who would investigate and prosecute.
VFW may be able to answer that off the top of his head, but I believe that fixed pro fights are handled on the federal level.
Wasn’t Thomas Williams busted by the FBI in a sting, than tried in federal court?
If so what you are suggesting is Mark Burnett (who would have to know about it) Sly and Sugar Ray are all risking their freedom and reputations.
I don’t think you have a leg to stand on man.
The evidence is in: so far most of the fights have been one sided and there would be no reason for the parties involved to risk so much for a show.
Do you need to hear the verdict? Based on the posters inability to think rationally prior to posting this question, this case will be dismissed and any further allegations made by said party\parties will be looked upon by the court as harassment.

Posted by ladro on 05-10-05 at 00:15 AM
in addition to what everyone else has already said, I would like to add: What would be the point of rigging the contest? It isn't like there is some overwhelming crowd favorite.