The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Draft Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 56665 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-14, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Draft Complaining Thread"
In which the holder of the #1 pick gets to decide exactly which set of personality problems they want their local press to extensively quote for the next two years.

Note to all GMs: 'I can fix him!' doesn't work.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 ESPN's coverage Estee 05-08-14 1
 RE: NFL Draft Complaining Thread Estee 05-08-14 2
 RE: NFL Draft Complaining Thread Estee 05-08-14 3
 Manziel to Cleveland. Estee 05-09-14 4
   RE: Manziel to Cleveland. Colonel Zoiderg 05-09-14 5
       RE: Manziel to Cleveland. Estee 05-09-14 6
           RE: Manziel to Cleveland. HobbsofMI 05-11-14 9
               RE: Manziel to Cleveland. kingfish 05-16-14 12
                   RE: Manziel to Cleveland. PepeLePew13 05-16-14 13
                       RE: Manziel to Cleveland. kingfish 05-20-14 14
                           RE: Manziel to Cleveland. PepeLePew13 05-21-14 16
                               RE: Manziel to Cleveland. kingfish 05-21-14 17
 Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix Estee 05-09-14 7
   RE: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix PepeLePew13 05-11-14 10
   RE: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix kingfish 05-20-14 15
 Finally... Estee 05-10-14 8
   RE: Finally... PepeLePew13 05-12-14 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-08-14, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "ESPN's coverage"
"We now interrupt our endless debate of Johnny Football in order to reluctantly announce a draft pick."
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-08-14, 09:00 PM (EST)
2. "RE: NFL Draft Complaining Thread"
Now a Mike Evans fan.

05-08-14, 09:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: NFL Draft Complaining Thread"
Johnny Freefall!

05-09-14, 06:59 AM (EST)
4. "Manziel to Cleveland."
Oh dear gawds. Let the punishment fit the crime...

Colonel Zoiderg 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-14, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
The Browns looked like they finally had their act together - they pretty much hosed the Bills in that trade.

And then? They trade up to get Johnny dadgum Manziel. Presumably because they remembered they are, in fact, the Browns.

I'm surprised Manziel didn't get sacked on his way to the podium.

Living proof that the best GM in Browns' recent history is Kevin Costner.

05-09-14, 10:17 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
A lot of what I've been reading as attributed to Mr. Anonymous GM this morning has Manziel's drop as a direct response to his personality. Various NFL teams weren't worried about his talent or ability to adjust to league play: they just wanted the circus (and Skip Bayless) to stay out of town.

And which town does he wind up in? The place where, as so many fans have already pointed out, quarterbacks go to die.

So I consider this as Instant Karma Actually Got You. You can have your career, and there will be a chance to prove everyone wrong... in Cleveland.

*waits for Steven A. Smith to find a way of declaring all these comments racist*

HobbsofMI 16023 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-14, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
Did you see the pictures of his draft party at 5 am? I think he just proved that Anonymous GM's comment.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

kingfish 17214 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-14, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
There are positive results for the Browns for their draft of Manzeil (besides the fact that they got a QB cheap that could take them to the Super Bowl in a few years, and who might actually be the best QB ever to put on shoulder pads), such as the immediate sale of approx. 3000 season tickets and immediate swamping of stores selling Manzeil #2 jerseys and other Johnny Football gear.

Go Johnny Football. I can't believe that this guy, who was absolutely the best QB (not excluding Bortles or Winston in '13, IMO) and most entertaining player for the last two years, is on so many people's hate list. And for what? Partying? (who didn't, in college). Signing helmets? His attitude? He was a 19 YO thrust into the national spotlite, on a team which just joined the SEC and who managed to knock off the #1 team in the nation for that and the previous two years, who wouldn't be affected? Lincoln, maybe? Or Ghandi? Mohammad? But a normal kid from a small East Texas town? I think we have to give him a break on that point.

I'm used to people in Alabama resenting his success, they really hate him for his defeat of Alabama and basically blowing out the SEC in '12, but really, what has he done to deserve this kind of hate from elsewhere?

Why is excellence a reason for resentment?

PepeLePew13 25237 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-14, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
It's not so much that he excelled in the tough SEC that is the reason for resentment against Manziel. For one, he's abrasive, arrogant, self important and smug -- not the best traits you want to see a locker room leader to possess. There are plenty of QBs out there who don't act like they're the cock of the walk, so I'd rather look up to them. (And yes, I'm aware that there are plenty of dimwits out there, some worse than Manziel, but Manziel comes off as incredibly spoiled)

Not defending Dez Bryant as he's a tool as well, but here's a sampling of the difference on the entitlement that Manziel got -- Manziel was caught on camera signing autographs and the companies that brought him on for the autograph session admitted they paid him, but he got a "slap on the wrist" missing half of a game against a creampuff opponent, while Dez Bryant merely had a meal paid for by a former NFL player, which resulted in a 10-game suspension and being labelled as a "bad seed".

A lot of what I've seen from Manziel off the field is reminiscent of Matt Leinart - and Leinart was a major tool who thought he was better than everyone else.

But good luck to Manziel - he gets to go up against the defenses of the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers six times a year with that questionable offensive line.

05-20-14, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
"For one, he's abrasive, arrogant, self important and smug..."

Did you even watch his games? Or his interviews?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't describe him in the interviews I've seen. Exuberant, yes. Young, yes. Smug, well, heck yes, look at what he did, he should have a large share of smugness.

But abrasive? Arrogant? Self important? I don't see any more of that in his interviews that one might expect from anyone that has achieved what he has. Especially "abrasive". That's way off, he has always exhibited friendliness, even to the most obtrusive elements of the media. And the media circus he has had to deal with (as a 19-20 YO, mind you) has been intense.

I suspect this won't change your opinion of him, but it does present a more humble Johnny Manzeil that the one you depicted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000351569/article/johnny-manziel-shuns-idea-of-kyle-field-bearing-his-name

He seems relatively down to earth and likeable here. IMO.

05-21-14, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-14 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

Lots of NFL people seem to be of the opinion that Manziel is a jerk:

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/05/tom-brady-johnny-manziel/
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/06/johnny-manziel-time-magazine-cover-race-tension
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/charley-casserly-manziel-by-far-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-draft/
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/253223841.html

Even Joe Flacco calls him a hated man. The most common adjective I've seen applied to Manziel through all the links is "unbearable".

I could keep going, but there are far more negative articles about Manziel than there are positive ones. And I'm relying on NFL personnel that are in the loop than merely on the media talking-heads.

05-21-14, 02:51 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Manziel to Cleveland."
Everybody has their opinions, and everybody is entitled to them. But you really twisted Flacco's remark.

To quote your reference;

Defending Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco took the Manzeil controversy in the other direction over the weekend, commenting: ďI donít know if Iíll be too popular for this Ö But I donít know how I really felt about Johnny Manzeil, but I feel like now everyone hates him. Heís quickly becoming my favorite player in college football.Ē

This sounds like admiration, or a compliment of sorts, not nearly as negative as how you portrayed it.

Every interview I've seen of Manzeil has been of an articulate young man, not humble maybe, but also not abrasive, not arrogant, willing to share of credit with teammates, and complimentary of opponents. Basically, a decent young man.

Football is full of players that show enthusiasm on the field after a play or a win. And they do it different ways. Tebow took heat for his dropping to a knee after a win. But those things are part of the game on all levels. In fact, thatís part of all sports at all levels. Even chess champs might pound their chest after a win. If youíve played sports, or even had an occasion where you did exceptionally well at anything, I would bet you felt like a victory dance or some sort of exuberance. Thereís a lot adrenaline flowing in these moments, too.

05-09-14, 04:28 PM (EST)
7. "Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix"
...really?

05-11-14, 07:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix"
Sounds like something Monica Lewinsky might have said back in 1996.

05-20-14, 10:41 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix"
Hee Hee.

05-10-14, 07:15 PM (EST)
8. "Finally..."
Michael Sam was taken by the Rams in the seventh round. Gawds, that took forever. And now he has to make the team...

And Mr. Irrelevant? Lonnie Ballentine. Who was immediately named by the ESPN panel as 'Lonnie Valentine'. It doesn't get much more irrelevant than that.

05-12-14, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Finally..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-14 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Good for Sam, still looks like he's a backup to Chris Long at best, but at least he's getting a legit shot at making the team.

Of personal interest is Adham Talaat who is getting a tryout with the Seahawks. He's a product of Gallaudet University and if he should make the Hawks, they'll have two Deaf players on the same team with Derrick Coleman already there.

ETA: Talaat was one of two defensive players that earned a mention from Pete Carroll as standouts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/6217/rookie-minicamp-ends-with-deja-vu

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •