The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spring Training"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-14, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spring Training"
And this sums up my feelings about the upcoming season:

http://www.nymetslife.com/2014/02/28/the-new-york-mets-my-bad-boyfriend/

Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spring Training Agman2 02-28-14 1
 RE: Spring Training PepeLePew13 02-28-14 2
   RE: Spring Training HobbsofMI 02-28-14 3
       RE: Spring Training PepeLePew13 02-28-14 4
           RE: Spring Training HobbsofMI 03-01-14 6
               RE: Spring Training HobbsofMI 03-21-14 8
                   RE: Spring Training HobbsofMI 03-23-14 9
                       The Cabrera contract Estee 03-28-14 10
                           RE: The Cabrera contract PepeLePew13 03-28-14 12
 RE: Spring Training Agman2 02-28-14 5
 RE: Spring Training Estee 03-05-14 7
 RE: Spring Training jbug 03-28-14 11
 Opening Day Estee 03-31-14 13
   RE: Opening Day PepeLePew13 03-31-14 14
       RE: Opening Day Estee 03-31-14 15
           RE: Opening Day PepeLePew13 03-31-14 16
   RE: Opening Day Molaholic 04-02-14 17
 RE: Spring Training kingfish 04-02-14 18
   RE: Spring Training PepeLePew13 04-02-14 19
       RE: Spring Training kingfish 04-07-14 21
 RE: Spring Training kidflash212 04-05-14 20
 RE: Spring Training PepeLePew13 04-08-14 22
 Regarding the Ike Davis trade. Estee 04-21-14 23
   RE: Regarding the Ike Davis trade. PepeLePew13 04-21-14 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Agman2 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-14, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Spring Training"
Maybe they'll get second this year!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 25177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-14, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Spring Training"
I feel the same way about the Jays... it's now 21 years since they won it all and we've been told almost every year for the last decade that "things are looking up" and "this is the year we'll get some good players".

Yeah, we did bring in some good players last year, but injuries and lack of cohesion from having half of the team playing in the WBC killed the team from the get-go. This past off-season, our GM kept telling us that we HAD to get some starting pitchers and to upgrade at second base and catcher. All we've got to show for this off-season is to get rid of Arencibia in favour of Navarro, who is more or less the same kind of player but at least it's addition by subtraction with the attitude change. Other than that... bupkes. And now Anthopoulos is saying the team is satisfied with the players they've got in camp and have confidence we'll contend - even though these were the same group of players he was emphasizing we needed to upgrade upon last October.

Come on, Jays. Don't make me choose a new 'boyfriend'.

HobbsofMI 16018 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-14, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Spring Training"
I think the Tigers the last few years have been worst than that to Tiger fans.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

02-28-14, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Spring Training"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-14 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

Really? Even with the numerous playoff spots, three division titles in a row and two World Series appearances in the past 7 years? And having plenty of good players well worth watching in Miggy, Prince, JV, Scherzer, Hunter, VMart, Maggs, and now Kinsler among others? Multiple MVPs, multiple Cy Youngs, etc.

Must be super tough to be a Tigers fan with all that over the past 7 years.

03-01-14, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Spring Training"
Yes, we have all that but no rings.

03-21-14, 12:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Spring Training"
With the latest injuries it's not going to be a fun year already in Detroit after a disaster of an off season trades and FAs.

03-23-14, 04:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Spring Training"
Now after freeing up all that money for Scherzer, we have no deal so we can kiss Max gone at the end of the season. The Tigers are falling apart really fast this spring.

Estee 56458 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-14, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "The Cabrera contract"
And now you'll be falling apart for years to come.

03-28-14, 12:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Cabrera contract"
Actually, I don't really have a problem with the Miggy contract. He's just had one of the greatest 3-year stretches in baseball history and he's never been hurt until last year when he had the groin tear (and played through it down the stretch and in the post-season, could easily have won another Triple Crown).

5 years ago I'd have said it was a bad contract, but Miggy isn't as pudgy as he was back then and he's got the all-fields skills to keep on hitting for a high average year after year after year, even if/when his power starts to fade. He's also learned to tame his personal demons (alcoholism) and his physique is reflecting that fact.

Five more big years should pay off for the whole contract in today's baseball economy.

Agman2 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-14, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spring Training"
I'm an Angel's fan and we have been hearing for years how "this is going to be their year." but we have gotten zip.

03-05-14, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Spring Training"
So the Mets, who lost their WFAN radio affiliation to the Yankees, have landed on WOR. Where they will now be keeping company with Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

So in other words, every loss is now Obama's fault.

Shortest postgame shows ever.

jbug 16894 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-14, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Spring Training"
We have tickets to the Battle of the Birds game tonite!
Cardinals vs Redbirds.
Please do not get rained out!

03-31-14, 05:19 PM (EST)
13. "Opening Day"
So before the game today, we met every single member of the Mets bullpen.

And then during the game, we met every single member of the Mets bullpen.

*sigh*

It's gonna be a long season.

03-31-14, 07:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Opening Day"
Would you like to have a knuckleballer back?

03-31-14, 07:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Opening Day"
Yes please.

You're picking up the tab, right?

03-31-14, 08:00 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Opening Day"
We'll take Snydergaard for him straight up. You guys would get d'Arnaud as a profit on the whole deal.

Molaholic 8767 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-14, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Opening Day"
The good news -- even with the loss, the Mets still have the best overall Opening Day record in Major League Baseball.

(bbl to give the actual stats)

kingfish 17112 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-14, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Spring Training"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-14 AT 10:59 AM (EST)

I have to interject here that my Astros are in first place. Tied for best place in the win percent column, but still that qualifies, and since that’s the closest they will come, that will do.

The reason I have to take this moment to gloat over the also-running teams is that I know it's momentary, just a prelude to the slide to last place. But since I'm one of the last people that I know of who will admit that they are an Astro's fan, even if it's only on the one day that they are in first, I have to do this.

For now, we're in first place, and the Yankee's can suck it.

Not getting season tickets just yet.

04-02-14, 04:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Spring Training"
Hey, I'm in the same boat being a Jays fan. The Astros have had their share of decent teams in the 2000s and even a World Series appearance so nothing to hang your head in shame over. At least you're not a Cubs fan. Or worse, a Yankees fan for the insufferableness. *grin*

kingfish 17112 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-14, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Spring Training"
I like your spirit.

The Astros have had a few decent teams, and even a era or two. Joining the American League is so far a bad experience.

kidflash212 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-05-14, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Spring Training"
They're just trying to suck me in with today's game.

04-08-14, 09:11 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Spring Training"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-14 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Thought this was a pretty staggering comparison on this 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron's 715th HR...

After their first 11 big league seasons (plus the first five games of this season for Miggy):

Player
Hank Aaron
Miguel Cabrera
Games
AVG
HR
RBI

Both broke in at the same age (20).

For the rest of his career, Aaron had:

1642 games
.288 average
389 HR
1081 RBI

Don't think Miggy will last as long as Aaron did, but the average and RBI numbers are reachable for Miggy while the HR number is surely out of reach.

04-21-14, 04:26 PM (EST)
23. "Regarding the Ike Davis trade."
It won't be finalized until July. Well, Ike won't be in Pittsburgh until July. It just takes him that long to get moving.

I'm sort of frustrated by this one, mostly because he's one of those players where you keep thinking that if he could ever just completely figure it out, you'd really have something. And it never happens, at least not with your team. Now someone else gets to wait for magic to happen.

So what do you think? .330/28/110?

04-21-14, 09:57 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Regarding the Ike Davis trade."
Well. How about a grand slam in his third game with Pittsburgh? Not only that, but it was his second grand slam of the season and he did it against the same team (Cincinnati) while playing for two different teams.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •