The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MLB postseason complaining thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-13, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MLB postseason complaining thread"
As a Mets fan, this feels unnatural. It borders on heresy and would have been on speaking terms with blasphemy, but that would have required turning south instead of west. I could never do it for the NFL or NHL equivalents. It's only a series of things which allow me to do it now.

Regardless, go Pirates!

Hoping for the three-way AL wild card tie. Not going to get it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Ump madness AyaK 10-01-13 1
 Dusty Baker fired. Estee 10-04-13 2
 RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... bondt007 10-04-13 3
   RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... Estee 10-04-13 4
       RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... bondt007 10-04-13 5
           RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... Molaholic 10-05-13 6
 RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... bondt007 10-06-13 7
   RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... AyaK 10-07-13 8
       RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... bondt007 10-08-13 9
           RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... Molaholic 10-08-13 10
               Carl Crawford? AyaK 10-08-13 11
                   Uh... AyaK 10-08-13 12
                       RE: Uh... bondt007 10-09-13 14
                           No AyaK 10-10-13 15
 Red Sox through round 1 AyaK 10-09-13 13
 Bye, bye Pirates AyaK 10-10-13 16
 Through two games in round 2 AyaK 10-14-13 17
   RE: Through two games in round 2 PepeLePew13 10-14-13 18
       RE: Through two games in round 2 Estee 10-14-13 19
 RE: MLB postseason complaining thre... bondt007 10-19-13 20
   RE: MLB postseason complaining Molaholic 10-19-13 21
       RE: MLB postseason complaining AyaK 10-21-13 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10194 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-13, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Ump madness"
Six umps on the field for the Rays-Rangers game, and they ALL miss a trap by Leonys Martin that even the broadcast team saw in real time. Pathetic.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-04-13, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Dusty Baker fired."
Wonder if he'll sue every other team in baseball for conspiring to get him out.

bondt007 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-13, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
... there's nothing like watching a Dodger v. Brave play-off game, in which the Dodgers smoke the Braves, on TBS. Lord have mercy, I almost climbed in my car for the 3 hours to listen to Vin. Gametracker would have been better.

Please stick to Big Bang Theory reruns TBS!

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

10-04-13, 12:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
I almost climbed in my car for the 3 hours to listen to Vin.

The only thing I don't understand about that idea is why you didn't do it.

My team's voice -- is gone. He came back for five minutes on Sunday as they closed out their time on WFAN and played a retrospective to suit, and it hurt. Your voice is still here. Go and listen.

10-04-13, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-13 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Trust me - I do everytime I can. Last night we had friends over watching the game, and I live near the mountains and the awful, weak, 14.5 watt radio station they use in LA doesn't get to me. I have to be in my car, really somewhere else.

I suppose I need to look into if the station streams...

ETA looks like they do - should have thought of that before last night...

Molaholic 8539 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-13, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-13 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Me, I got to listen to Vin while watching TBS (with about 6-7 second delay). By Game 2 they had tweaked the delay somewhat so it was only 3-4 seconds.

Of course, listening to Vin is worth it. I would listen to him read the phone book (and he'd make it sound like the latest Pulizter Prize winner too).

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

10-06-13, 10:21 PM (EST)
7. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
Another example of TBS's amaturish coverage is their few dozen times (spread over the various games) of broadcasting the wrong thing at the wrong time. As an example - Hanley Rameriez hit a triple tonight. As he was moving around second to third they cut to a shot of people cheering instead of what the base runner is doing in real time. What?

10-07-13, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
Coverage of the Athletics-Tigers series has been good, except for Buck Martinez, who sounds like he's doing a different broadcast. But Don Orsillo and Dennis Eckersley have been great for TBS.

Coverage of the Red Sox-(Devil) Rays series has been lacking by comparison. It sounds like the announcers are suffering from sleep deprivation. David Price tried to help them out in game 2 by putting the game further out of reach each time the Rays tried to come back.

10-08-13, 01:27 AM (EST)
9. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
Dodgers just won - so cut to 8 commercials then Keith Oblahblah to say yet again "its back but it doesn't have the distance" instead of the celebration. Terrible.

10-08-13, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
Yea, and how much of the post-game yakking was about how horrible things were for the bravos.

(it was Magic -- now on to the LCS)

2013 National League West Champions
SharTribe’s Springtime SigShoppe © MMVIII

10-08-13, 08:02 PM (EST)
11. "Carl Crawford?"
The worst free-agent signing in terms of cost-to-production in MLB HISTORY hits two home runs to push the Dodgers through to the NLCS.

In other news, cats and dogs have been spotted living together. Next up, lions lay down with lambs.

10-08-13, 08:07 PM (EST)
12. "Uh..."
Oops, I had to concede that Crawford was actually better as a free agent signing than Bobby Bo, who was the WOAT, in this thread.

10-09-13, 08:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Uh..."
Gas, beef and milk cost more today than it did 3 or 5 years ago, too.

In other words, you'll always have a Crawford due to slumps vs. non stop increasing salaries - it's just a matter of time.

By the way - wouldn't A-Roid win that stat (from last year)?

10-10-13, 02:45 AM (EST)
15. "No"
Well, the stat only discussed free agent signings. For example, here's one such article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/17704/crawfords-deal-worst-deal-ever

As you can see, Crawford's deal returned a whopping 4.4% of value (0.9 to 20.3). But Bobby Bonilla's 1999 deal with the Mets is unquestionably the worst free-agent contract in MLB history -- returning 0.0% on investment (because Bonilla never played for the Mets under this contract) and inspired in large part by Mets owner Fred Wilpon's belief in Bernie Madoff's investment genius, as discussed in the following article:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/bobby-bonilla-baseball-contract/

10-09-13, 12:30 PM (EST)
13. "Red Sox through round 1"
Game 4 was the type of Red Sox game I expected to see all year: a pitchers' duel, with the Red Sox's runs manufactured with little hitting.

I expected the Sox to be a playoff team under John Farrell. What I didn't expect them to do was tear the cover off the ball on a regular basis. But they have -- at least until last night.

10-10-13, 04:43 PM (EST)
16. "Bye, bye Pirates"
I knew it was over for the Pirates in the . . . top of the sixth inning, when they pinch-hit for Gerrit Cole. Cole may have given up a two-run homer, but he's still the best young pitcher in baseball. Once he was gone, I was sure that the Cardinals would score more runs -- and so they did.

In this case, the Pirates were playing "lazy" NL baseball, which can be summarized as follows:

"See, we were behind and more than half the game was over, and so we needed to try everything we could to get a run. Unfortunately, the bullpen couldn't hold the Cardinals." All true, but it's designed to avoid being second-guessed; the best way to win was to ride Cole until he dropped.

And so the freakin' Cardinals march on to the NLCS to face the Dodgers. It will be interesting to see if Michael Wacha is for real.

10-14-13, 02:03 AM (EST)
17. "Through two games in round 2"
Whatever fountain of youth David Ortiz is drinking from, do you think he could bottle some of it and sell it on eBay?

PepeLePew13 24803 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-13, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Through two games in round 2"
The cynics (and there's a lot of them out there) would suggest that it's easy to buy the stuff that Papi's on - just call one of the people that were affiliated with BALCO or Biogenesis!

But yeah... Papi has a long history of coming through in the clutch. Leyland overmanaged that inning, I'd say - I would have preferred to save Smyly for Papi rather than to use him earlier for Ellsbury when it was less critical of a situation then. Too bad Scherzer's gem got wasted - dude was really dealing.

10-14-13, 03:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Through two games in round 2"
The cynics

All I was going to say was 'Legally?'

10-19-13, 01:29 PM (EST)
20. "RE: MLB postseason complaining thread"
Tough to see the Dodgers get spanked like that, however, I have to say that I very much enjoyed the Van Slyke v. Joe Kelly stand-off.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/joe-kelly-scott-van-slyke-anthem-standoff-happened-113635522--mlb.html

(apologies - story written by David Brown of Yahoo Sports... which is just exactly like the high school newspaper when you were growing up)/

10-19-13, 08:18 PM (EST)
21. "RE: MLB postseason complaining compliment thread"
As a devoted and true blue Dodger fan, I would like to thank the Cardinal fans for their genuine cheers for Skip Schumaker when he pinch-hit late in the game. More proof that Cardinal fans are among the classiest in all of professional sports.

I wish them all the best against the junior circuit. Let's keep that title in the NL.

Mucho lurve to tribe 2012

10-21-13, 02:54 PM (EST)
22. "RE: MLB postseason complaining compliment thread"
The Cardinals are messing up my choices in my keeper league. I'm allowed to keep two rookies from 2013, and I was going to use those two choices on Gerrit Cole of the Pirates and Xander Bogaerts of the Red Sox. But, amazingly enough, I also own Michael Wacha of the Cardinals. Right now, I think Cole is a lock, and the Series will determine the choice between Bogaerts and Wacha.

Oh, and GOOO RED SOX!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •