The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Snide Of The Yankees."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55977 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-22-13, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Snide Of The Yankees."
The A-Roid saga continues.

Frankly, the A-Roid saga should be moved back to roughly 1978. He would have fit right in with the Bronx Zoo in terms of media explosions. I doubt the actual players would have been able to stand him.

We know about the latest steroid accusations. We know about his less-than-mastery of Twitter to announce his self-decided rehab schedule and the GM telling him to shut up. We know how badly he performed in the minors. But he got through all of it, was supposedly about to rejoin the team...

...and strained a quad muscle. Back to the DL.

It might be worth noting that the Yankees have sent sixteen players to the DL this season, and a couple of them aren't coming off until next season. You can't catch steroid proneness to injury and I'm not accusing anyone else in the clubhouse of being on that list unless their name was already released. This is a combination of aging players and pure bad luck. But I do feel A-Roid is a contaminant on several other levels. 'He's coming back! Quick, injure something!'

I wonder what his current trade value is.

I wonder if any team is stupid enough to ask.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Snide Of The Yankees. PepeLePew13 07-22-13 1
   RE: Snide Of The Yankees. Estee 07-22-13 2
 Now that's just mean! Estee 07-23-13 3
 Baby don't hurt me no more. Estee 07-23-13 4
   Somebody's a little snippy today... PepeLePew13 07-23-13 5
 The rumors flip. Estee 07-24-13 6
 And we're back to Par-A-Roid. Estee 07-24-13 7
 The perils of DAW central casting. Estee 07-25-13 8
   RE: The perils of DAW central casti... PepeLePew13 07-25-13 9
       RE: The perils of DAW central casti... Estee 07-25-13 10
           RE: The perils of DAW central casti... kingfish 07-25-13 11
 Yeah, pretty much. Estee 07-27-13 12
 The rumored punishment options. Estee 07-29-13 13
 Your choice of attorney doesn't mak... Estee 07-30-13 14
   RE: Your choice of attorney doesn't... AyaK 07-30-13 15
 Nine. Estee 07-31-13 16
   RE: Nine. PepeLePew13 07-31-13 17
       RE: Nine. Estee 07-31-13 18
 Hammer Time rescheduled. Estee 07-31-13 19
 And that would be wrong. Estee 08-01-13 20
 Dress rehearsal. Estee 08-01-13 21
 The State Of Paranoia holds a press... Estee 08-03-13 22
   RE: The State Of Paranoia holds a p... Molaholic 08-06-13 26
 Schrodinger's Suspension. Estee 08-05-13 23
 The number finally comes in. Estee 08-05-13 24
   RE: The number finally comes in. AyaK 08-05-13 25
       RE: The number finally comes in. Estee 08-06-13 27
 Twenty-four men, one bus. Estee 08-06-13 28
 Face-off. Estee 08-06-13 29
   RE: Face-off. AyaK 08-06-13 30
       RE: Face-off. Estee 08-13-13 36
 Homestand without a home. Estee 08-09-13 31
 Welcome back, dumb#@@ Estee 08-10-13 32
   RE: Welcome back, dumb#@@ PepeLePew13 08-10-13 33
 Man of the people. Estee 08-11-13 34
 My fault. Estee 08-11-13 35
 An insult to rats. Estee 08-16-13 37
   RE: An insult to rats. AyaK 08-17-13 38
       RE: An insult to rats. PepeLePew13 08-17-13 39
       RE: An insult to rats. Estee 08-17-13 40
           RE: An insult to rats. michel 08-19-13 42
 So how intentional was the pitch Snidget 08-19-13 41
   RE: So how intentional was the pitc... michel 08-19-13 43
       RE: So how intentional was the pitc... Estee 08-21-13 46
 America's favorite way to make mone... Estee 08-19-13 44
 AyaK: legal consult needed. Estee 08-20-13 45
 Don't you believe it. Estee 08-22-13 47
 A solution: kingfish 08-26-13 48
 Business as usual... PepeLePew13 09-21-13 49
 Need some extra cash? Estee 10-02-13 50
 As PR dupes go, try again. Estee 10-03-13 51
 And we all died from not-surprise. Estee 10-04-13 52
 Curt Flood he ain't. Estee 10-04-13 53
 Lawsuits, Round Two. Estee 10-05-13 54
 Did someone ask for an old failed d... Estee 11-05-13 55
 It's his hearing and he'll storm ou... Estee 11-20-13 56
 Shall we now call him A-Farce? Estee 11-20-13 57
 Audio emetic. Estee 11-21-13 58
   RE: Audio emetic. AyaK 11-21-13 59
       RE: Audio emetic. Estee 11-21-13 60
 Volcano eruption scheduled for tomo... Estee 11-21-13 61
   Asterisk AyaK 11-22-13 62
       RE: Asterisk Estee 11-22-13 63
 Arbitrator decision announced. Estee 01-11-14 64
   RE: Arbitrator decision announced. PepeLePew13 01-11-14 66
 Mass hysteria! Estee 01-11-14 65
 Anthony Bosch to appear on 60 Minut... Estee 01-12-14 67
 HogBosch! Estee 01-13-14 68
 His next move? Estee 01-13-14 69
   RE: His next move? PepeLePew13 01-13-14 70
   RE: His next move? AyaK 01-15-14 71
 Two lawsuits withdrawn. Estee 02-07-14 72
 Transcendent comedy. Estee 02-08-14 73

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 25010 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-13, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Snide Of The Yankees."
I'll be interested to see what happens with A-Roid in light of the news that Ryan Braun has just been suspended for the rest of the regular season (and Braun has accepted it). I don't see A-Roid being any less guilty than Braun.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-22-13, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Snide Of The Yankees."
I was actually just coming into the Sports forum to search for a Braun-appropriate thread and post.

First, on Maybe My Whole Body Was Sabotaged By The Tester: hello, karma. His apology statement, where he realizes now that he has made some mistakes... oh, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan... care to admit what any of those are? I think part of this comes from the Players Association directly stating that in the face of overwhelming evidence, they will not go with their usual move of backing the suspect up regardless. No one to appeal for him and no credibility left: take a seat and stay there.

But with A-Roid... my first suspicion is that despite his prior Cousin Connection, he might be too arrogant to lie down and take what he has coming. Especially given the money involved: steroids might still not be enough for the Yankees to get out of his contract, but the suspensions are without pay. And he's proven over and over that he's public-relations blind, no matter how hard his private team works to save him. To that extent, I think he fights for a while longer. Because he isn't capable of seeing how others respond to that resistance. And he still may believe the Yankees are conspiring against him to catch him for things he actually did. Oh, the horror.

This may sound like a cruel thing to say, but I'd truly love to see the results of an IQ test on him more than a steroids one. Is he this willfully ignorant, or does he just not have the intelligence to understand what's going on? Does he have raw intellect, but no social quotient? What goes on in that head?

I think he's a baseball Vorbis (and look it up): he might seem to be attempting communication, but all he generally hears is the echoes of his own thoughts. With his money (whatever's left), he can even pay people to repeat them.

Makes it kind of hard for reality to get through. Except the part which screams NO MORE CASH! And he'll resist that for as long as he possibly can.

07-23-13, 08:58 AM (EST)
3. "Now that's just mean!"
http://espn.go.com/blog/buster-olney/post/_/id/2575

Braun never threatened to destroy his entire team plus the sport of baseball into the bargain and leave behind nothing but scorched earth where parks used to be! He's only tried ruining one life to date that we know of!

How very insulting.

07-23-13, 06:53 PM (EST)
4. "Baby don't hurt me no more."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/60347/source-a-rod-trying-to-make-deal-with-mlb

In other words, he knows he's about to be nailed and he thinks he can still make a personal choice of hull.

Heh.

You might get the impression that this one's gonna sting a bit.

07-23-13, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Somebody's a little snippy today..."

07-24-13, 10:13 AM (EST)
6. "The rumors flip."
Now he's not interested in any deal and plans to appeal anything that comes down no matter how much evidence there is -- and the current rumor says three digits worth of suspension time.

In a way, his inability to perceive is comforting.

07-24-13, 07:22 PM (EST)
7. "And we're back to Par-A-Roid."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9505893/alex-rodriguez-reps-think-new-york-yankees-mlb-conspiring-slugger

So we're looking for the Lone MRIman.

07-25-13, 07:35 AM (EST)
8. "The perils of DAW central casting."
So not only did A-Roid go for a doctor who has some steroid-related issues in his past...

...not only did he only send the MRI to the man and never show up himself...

...he picked a physician whose only motivation for taking the case was that he'd get to be interviewed a lot.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9506903/dr-michael-gross-says-reprimanded-never-met-alex-rodriguez-person

Apparently what he's got is contagious. Quarantine! Quarantine!

Typically, the explosions are getting louder and closer. Everyone's favorite quote source, Anonymous Yankee, claims the clubhouse is officially sick of this. Team management is said to be something much less than happy. A-Roid presumably remains clueless. And the Post reached deep into the sense of humor which occasionally turns appropriate to come up with this back-page headline: WRATH OF QUAD.

Y'know, if someone owed me a hundred million dollars, I'd generally try to be pretty nice to them.

07-25-13, 07:48 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The perils of DAW central casting."
What's stopping the Yankees from suspending him for conduct detrimental to the team? I think he's more than earned that by now.

07-25-13, 08:01 AM (EST)
10. "RE: The perils of DAW central casting."
This is a guess, but my first suspect would be the usual one: the Players Association. They may hate him, but they're obligated to defend him.

kingfish 16765 desperate attention whore postings

07-25-13, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The perils of DAW central casting."
If only George Sr. were alive to see this. It'd be fun to watch his neck veins explode.

07-27-13, 01:58 PM (EST)
12. "Yeah, pretty much."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9510465/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-no-credibility-left

Gotta love the Lazarus line.

07-29-13, 12:17 PM (EST)
13. "The rumored punishment options."
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-13 AT 12:26 PM (EST)

According to the New York Daily News (which has broken much of this story), we're about to reach the first part of the explosion. MLB has that 'overwhelming evidence' which the Players' Association swore they wouldn't help anyone contest. A-Roid supposedly left a meeting with sport executives ashen before rallying back to his normal level of delusion. Talk that he tried to purchase the Biogenesis papers is moving around. And the News is saying he was offered one of two choices, which he has to pick from in the next few hours through a full day. If not, the hammer could come down today or tomorrow.

What's the weight of the hammer?

Option #1: Banned for the rest of this year and all of 2014. No salary during that period. May resume his career if he still can after that, and the reminder of the contract could theoretically be collected.

That's the deal. That is the carrot MLB has offered to get him partially out of this -- something the stories claim A-Roid has declared his intention to never accept while flailing at every conspiracy of windmills he can imagine.

If he refuses the deal, or any existing deadline expires, we move to the stick:

Option #2: Banned for life.

Read that last bit again.

Because supposedly, the evidence has him at a near-leader level, hiring lawyers for others and doing everything he could to obscure multiple investigations. He's supposed to be the center ring of this circus, along with the main support: remove him and the whole tent might collapse.

Of course, A-Roid still has his defenders...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/raissman-sympathetic-francesa-happy-a-rod-step-mike-article-1.1409381

...but if the MLBPA abandons him, all he's got left are those voices and that of his many, many lawyers.

Banned for life. Contract voided. His entire career effectively erased.

How stupid is he willing to be?

07-30-13, 05:15 AM (EST)
14. "Your choice of attorney doesn't make you guilty."
Unless it's this one.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9519782/alex-rodriguez-lawyer-says-fight-discipline-mlb

Well, now we know what the tactic is going to be.

AyaK 10304 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-13, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Your choice of attorney doesn't make you guilty."
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-13 AT 07:15 PM (EST)

Considering that A-Rod hired David Cornwell, the disgusting shyster who got Ryan Braun off the first time by blaming some poor guy trying to make a few bucks on the side by sending in drug samples, as his lawyer, I agree that A-Rod's "play" is clear: get to arbitration and hope to get a dimwit arbitrator like proven dimwit Shyam Das.

But he can't get Dimwit Das, because baseball fired him after the Braun decision:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7929521/mlb-fires-shyam-das-arbitrator-milwaukee-brewers-ryan-braun-case

How will Cornwell be able to find someone else so stupid and gullible and yet so arrogant for A-Rod's case?

Hey, maybe he can request Barack Obama as the arbitrator!

07-31-13, 07:54 AM (EST)
16. "Nine."
According to the Daily News, MLB has notified the players' union that a total of nine will be suspended (or worse) due to Biogenesis factors. Anyone who's already been punished for it will not be suspended (or worse) a second time. All of the formal media announcements are supposed to come out at once.

The league has also told the union which nine -- but those names haven't come out yet as an official list. However, the suspicions include the following.

Likely:

Alex Rodriguez
Nelson Cruz
Everth Cabrera
Jhonny Peralta

Possible:

Francisco Cervelli
Jesus Montero

07-31-13, 12:12 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Nine."
The Tigers pretty much confirmed that Peralta will be suspended by trading for Jose Iglesias as part of the Jake Peavy three-way trade.

Gotta love that Roger Clemens has A-Roid's back in this mess.

07-31-13, 02:18 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Nine."
It's kind of like having an accused murderer learn that O.J. just volunteered himself as a character witness.

07-31-13, 02:24 PM (EST)
19. "Hammer Time rescheduled."
Now supposedly Friday at the earliest.

The current question dominating the sports radio sports is whether Selig will invoke the Best Interests Of Baseball clause to keep A-Roid off the field during the inevitable appeal. Does he have the guts? Well, there's a first time for everything...

08-01-13, 03:42 PM (EST)
20. "And that would be wrong."
Buck Showalter is demanding that, should A-Roid be suspended or banned, the Yankees must continue to count his salary against their roster -- even if they're not paying it. Although maybe they should. Because if they received any amount of salary relief, they would get closer to going under the cap and be that much more capable of signing free agents that he wants. So they must continue to pay A-Roid, at least in virtual numbers. For the duration of his contract. And possibly for all time.

Buck's got his financial planning from his cable bill

08-01-13, 05:47 PM (EST)
21. "Dress rehearsal."
It's practice for the nothing he'll say with cameras around for the next year.

It is also one of the worst link-shortened headlines you will ever see.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9529351/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-blows-media-simulated-game

*covers eyes*

...right.

The media keeps pushing Reckoning Day back: some places are now claiming Sunday.

08-03-13, 01:16 PM (EST)
22. "The State Of Paranoia holds a press conference."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-bomb-a-roid-alex-homers-rehab-game-suspension-looms-article-1.1416459

Well, he's right. Certain parties would very much like to see him never play again. However, for his intents and purposes, I'm pretty sure I don't count. For that matter, neither do all the players who want him out. Including his teammates. But they never counted, so...

I did appreciate this: he openly admitted that in his view, this is all about the Yankees getting out of his contract. He loves playing baseball so. But he may love getting paid for it more.

Hey, at least Buck Showalter is in his accountant's corner!

(Incidentally, I caught a bit of the audio from the conference during a radio report. His voice is -- interesting. There's an odd quality to it right now. I can't pin it down... it just sounds off.)

Note that we're now looking at Monday (with a tiny chance of Sunday) for the suspension announcements. I'm not going to predict the year.

Molaholic 8708 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-13, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The State Of Paranoia holds a press conference."
Hey -- just think of who the spankies can buy with that umpteen gazillion samolians they won't have to pay the Roidster.

08-05-13, 09:03 AM (EST)
23. "Schrodinger's Suspension."
It both does and does not exist.

The latest round of rumors have everything as being announced today. We're up to a dozen players. Everyone except A-Roid gets 50 games, and none of them seem to have any intention of fighting that -- at least, not that they've announced. A-Fraud gets 214: enough to knock out the rest of this season and all of the next. But he will appeal. Endlessly. And as Selig did not invoke the Best Interests Of Baseball clause, the boo magnet gets to rejoin the Yankees tonight. Gee, where's that game again?

The Post, which has been on a real roll with this, put up the following headline:

And The Banned Played On

08-05-13, 03:14 PM (EST)
24. "The number finally comes in."
Two hundred and eleven games (plus, should the Yankees make the postseason this year, those games are also included. 2014 postseason exempt). Without pay. No invocation of Best Interests Of Baseball. He can and will appeal. Size of sentence based on multiple violations and obstruction of the investigation.

Weirdly, his sentence doesn't start until Thursday, while every other players -- again, none of whom are appealing -- is suspended immediately. However, more realistically, he can continue to play while the appeal goes on, and he may not see an arbitrator for twenty days.

Because he is going to appeal, whatever evidence MLB has will be brought forward. We just have to play that fun game: Will The Arbitrator Buy It? Because they don't always. Or, seemingly in this situation, hardly ever.

(Incidentally, Nelson Cruz (on the list for 50) said he had an illness which made him lose forty pounds and that led him to make a terrible mistake. Other apologies and non will be coming, and few of them will include the word 'steroids'. However, we have already heard 'certain errors in judgment'. Yay, PR teams! The radio team is already noting all the other releases sound alike.)

One of the arguments I've heard for banning was that it would get the story out of the media faster. As-is, this will stretch out for a long time to come.

So sick of A-Roid's crap.

08-05-13, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The number finally comes in."
So far, my favorite moment of the whole Biogenesis drama was yesterday's NY Times article, detailing how in investor in the clinic brought the whole thing down because the clinic director had taken $4,000 of his money as an "investment" and then taunted him that he was too insignificant to worry about paying back.

My second favorite moment was a tweet today by former Phillies reliever Dan Meyer, who was beaten out for a spot on the Phillies roster in 2011 by now-suspended druggie Antonio Bastardo, who was on the juice at the time:

http://www.ibtimes.com/dan-meyer-bitter-ex-reliever-rips-former-philadelphia-phillies-teammate-antonio-bastardo-after

Hey Antonio Bastardo, remember when we competed for a job in 2011. Thx alot. #ahole

08-06-13, 07:58 AM (EST)
27. "RE: The number finally comes in."
What a lovely coincidence of surname.

I heard the same NYT story, and it made me think of Tiger Woods: brought down by the cheap, only this time with some rather stupid taunting added to it. There's a clinic director in the middle of receiving a rather intensive education, none of which he'll learn anything from.

Speaking of not learning, all indications seem to point towards A-Fraud fighting this down to once again trying to rewrite a legal definition of 'is'. Smoke, mirrors, and pages torn out of dictionaries. On the other hand, it still means MLB gets to present all its evidence. We just have to wait on getting an arbitrator who'll ignore it.

Oh, and for your amusement, a selection of local headlines:

Return Of The Walking Dead

Damned Yankee

The Long 'Roid Back

Incidentally, he went one for four: bloop single.

I'll admit to being one of those who was hoping he'd just get accidentally hit by pitches over and over and over.

08-06-13, 08:11 AM (EST)
28. "Twenty-four men, one bus."
Apparently some people documented the Yankees leaving their Chicago hotel yesterday, catching the team as they headed for the ballpark. If you were not A-Roid, you got on the bus.

If you were A-Roid, you got in a private limo.

Not exactly surrounding himself with teammates ready to welcome him upon return, is he?

Meanwhile, rumor claims that A-Fraud will no longer be giving interviews unless he can do so with someone who supports his suit and promotes his agenda in every way. The same rumor claims to expect a lot of exclusives from Stephen A. Smith.

Months of this.

08-06-13, 02:55 PM (EST)
29. "Face-off."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/70573/the-faces-of-a-rod-return-to-baseball

The one I want to see is 'Goes pale as he realizes he's just lost'.

08-06-13, 07:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Face-off."
The way things go on Grantland. . .

Didn't care for the A-Fraud parody (after all, he's a self-parody), but found myself absolutely entranced by the feature on Harry Nilsson.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9529179/the-legacy-harry-nilsson

08-13-13, 01:50 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Face-off."
You'll probably enjoy this, then.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9562051/the-eagles-greatest-hit

08-09-13, 02:09 PM (EST)
31. "Homestand without a home."
Various parties in the media have been making A-Roid vs. Clemens comparisons. I think one of the true ones is that both could easily wind up at the end of their careers without a single major league park they're truly welcome in. Wherever they played, they are rejected.

But A-Roid's career (sadly) isn't over yet. And it comes back to the Bronx tonight.

I'm anticipating a mixed reaction: boos and cheers to start. After that, it'll depend on his performance. Many fans just want a winner and if he goes five-for-five and hits for the cycle with eight RBIs, the cheers will come. Golden sombrero and look out below.

An ESPN article today noted that the Yankees would need to win 33 of their remaining 49 games to finish on ninety wins -- arguably the minimum number to pin hopes on a wild card with. Also that they've svcked since the break. If A-Fraud can somehow rally the team and carry them to that number on his back, there will be fans ripping HGH out of their own bodies to keep him going.

If not...

...would anyone be very surprised by 'if not'?

08-10-13, 08:27 AM (EST)
32. "Welcome back, dumb#@@"
So on his first night for the Indefinite Holding Action Tour:

Met with a initial mix of boos and cheers.
0-for-4: one weak fly-out and struck out three times. With each successive out, the boos got louder and more common.
Pulled from game.
Did not come onto the field to celebrate the extra-innings win.
Fled from the media afterwards: was nowhere to be found when the press arrived in the postgame locker room.

But he got paid for it.

08-10-13, 11:13 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Welcome back, dumb#@@"
And he was apparently too good to be taking a lowly bus that the rest of the team were on, including the sainted Mo Rivera - ARod took a limo.

08-11-13, 08:58 AM (EST)
34. "Man of the people."
Gee, he seems to be doing a lot of autograph signing lately. Last Chance To See or his PR team successfully getting one thing through?

He didn't play yesterday: sat out by the manager during the team's 9-2 loss. Giradi says he'll be in the lineup today.

Honestly, when I heard (around the seventh) that the Yankees were getting clobbering and only had a few hits, I thought he was already there.

08-11-13, 02:22 PM (EST)
35. "My fault."
*tunes in to watch A-Fraud strike out in his first at-bat of the day*

*witnesses solo home run*

*sigh*

Oops.

Let's just call that my Snidgeting for the season.

08-16-13, 10:14 AM (EST)
37. "An insult to rats."
Apparently 60 Minutes will have a story coming up which proves people in A-Fraud's camp leaked information to Yahoo Sports (and possibly others) implicating other players in steroid use -- including Braun and one of Roid's own teammate. Why? Distraction? Tying others to the train tracks in order to save himself?

Naturally, his lawyer is claiming falsehood and conspiracy. Again.

How much worse can this get for A-Roid? How much worse would you like it?

08-17-13, 01:24 AM (EST)
38. "RE: An insult to rats."
We ust had the Whitey Bulger trial, where Whitey didn't care about the jail time but wanted to prove that he wasn't a rat. (He was King of the Rats, but now he wants to pretend that he wasn't a rat at all.)

Now A-Fraud wants to prove that he isn't a rat.

Give it up, A-Fraud, and eat some cheese like the rat you are.

08-17-13, 12:16 PM (EST)
39. "RE: An insult to rats."
For the past 24 hours, I've been calling him A-Rat. There's no better name for him at this point.

08-17-13, 07:47 PM (EST)
40. "RE: An insult to rats."
I'm presuming you saw the NYTimes article with one of his lawyers screaming injury misrepresentation (by the team) and personal vendetta (by the commissioner) and anything to get out of the contract (by everyone).

If not, I'm guessing you'll see it pretty soon.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-13, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: An insult to rats."
How can the Yankees let him enter their locker room. He's saying, or rather his attorney, that the team didn't care about winning the series against the Tigers but were more interested in making sure A-Roid would never play again. That in itself should warrant a suspension.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "So how intentional was the pitch"
That hit A-rod?

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-13, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: So how intentional was the pitch"
I'm surprised he hasn't been pluncked more often.

To think that, not so long ago, the Yankees' visits around the league were celebrated as fans everywhere were cheering for Rivera. Now? That's completely forgotten. I wonder if Rivera's 3 blown saves were caused in part by this circus.

08-21-13, 12:02 PM (EST)
46. "RE: So how intentional was the pitch"
At a suspension cost of five games, pitchers plunking him from this point on had better be a lot more skilled at making it look like an accident. That last one had everything except the range finder.

I do think the team is being internally impacted by this circus, but they're holding together (A-Fraud excluded) -- for now.

08-19-13, 11:09 PM (EST)
44. "America's favorite way to make money."
Sue!

The latest reports claim A-Rod is about to drag the Yankees into civil court to get malpractice damages. The charge is that his hip was misdiagnosed last year -- apparently on purpose.

And with that, I'm calling Tyson Zone.

08-20-13, 08:46 AM (EST)
45. "AyaK: legal consult needed."
May I please see your professional opinion on that 'I'll waive my confidentiality if you waive yours' bit?

08-22-13, 01:06 PM (EST)
47. "Don't you believe it."
A-Roid announced that from now on, neither he nor his lawyers will comment on the Biogenesis case so that he may simply concentrate on baseball.

Let the anonymous leaks begin.

kingfish 16765 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-13, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "A solution:"
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-13 AT 08:23 AM (EST)

MLB has a problem with PED's, and here's the solution. Straight out of the funny pages.

http://www.today.com/id/19798680?cat=tm&d=130825

What else does the DH have to do anyway? Might as well and spend his time bulking up. And who do they use as the DH except the biggest pre-retiree's available?

(Alternate idea; do away with the silly DH rule).

09-21-13, 03:08 PM (EST)
49. "Business as usual..."
Another day in the world of "As the A-Rod Turns"...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/09/a-rod-had-no-idea-that-andy-pettitte-retired/

10-02-13, 10:25 AM (EST)
50. "Need some extra cash?"
Then if you're close to Manhattan, head down to where A-Roid is having his hearing and join the protest being held outside the building. Because as far as anyone can tell -- mostly because some of the stupider people waving the signs managed to admit it -- they're being paid for it. Hiring standards, as noted in the previous sentence, do not appear to be high. Don't worry about bringing your own sign because as far as anyone can tell, pretty much every last one was done in the same handwriting. And for extra fun, you don't even have to scream about his innocence. You can just say he's being persecuted because even though he did it, the sentence is too high. Why? Because he's Hispanic.

Nice work if you can chant it.

Meanwhile, rumors say the defense is going for the Barroid Angle. A-Roid did it. He totally did it. But he was duped. He was told the substances he was taking were legal. And therefore he's innocent. And should receive no suspension at all. In fact, trauma money is probably in order here. Also a new contract. For forty years at eighty million per. Because Robinson Cano cannot be allowed to show him up.

If Cano turns up with a positive test in the next few years, I would not be surprised if it was because A-Roid attacked him in a dark alley with a needle.

10-03-13, 12:34 PM (EST)
51. "As PR dupes go, try again."
I had the misfortune to hear a radio interview with the head of Hispanics Across America, who was talking about why he was there to defend A-Fraud. As a public screamer, he falls into that category of 'person who occasionally makes points you might agree with if they came from someone else'. He is now wearing a neck brace and planning to sue because he claims security threw coffee at him when he tried to move a barrier. He had a reason for moving the barrier. It was preventing people flow. Which, y'know, isn't what barriers are for in any way.

If you're curious, he spent his time verbally dancing around any number of issues, blaming the Yankees, blaming baseball, calling witch hunt and payroll-saving move, saying that A-Roid may not be guilty at all and if he is -- this was his main screaming point -- fifty games should be the suspension limit. He avoided any and all answers to 'Are you being paid to show up?' He claims to be getting hundreds of thousands of support calls per day. He admitted they make all the signs and pass them out, so if someone holding a 'Randy Levine Is The Devil' one admits to not knowing who Randy Levine is, it's possibly because they just don't speak English. He did make a legitimate point about kids using steroids before trying out for major league camps, but it almost got lost in the shuffle. Then he added one about baseball having an obligation to make sure those kids can read and write -- followed by going back to screaming. And he spent a lot of time insisting that he be allowed to finish his rants while sometimes trying to keep others from doing the same.

On the whole, he represented A-Roid about as well as A-Roid represents himself.

Possibly not a good sign.

10-04-13, 10:49 AM (EST)
52. "And we all died from not-surprise."
If I just heard that last radio update correctly, the NYTimes has reported A-Roid is suing the entire sport for a 'witch hunt' conspiracy to remove him from play.

Of course he is.

Really, what else were you expecting him to do?

10-04-13, 03:14 PM (EST)
53. "Curt Flood he ain't."
He no longer has any chance to be the all-time home run king.

He'll never take the #1 hit position.

His Hall Of Fame credentials are weakening by the day.

So he might as well try to lead the league in lawsuits.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/9768073/alex-rodriguez-sues-mlb-ped-investigation

So is this some part of him which is delusional enough to think he can buy a positive reputation through this -- or a Lance Armstrong 'I'm going down? Everyone's coming with me.'

10-05-13, 10:47 AM (EST)
54. "Lawsuits, Round Two."
Malpractice filings against pretty much every doctor he's seen in the last couple of years, Yankee team one included.

And now we know how he's planning on getting every potentially lost penny of salary back. Wonder where I am on the lawsuit list? He'd better get to me fairly quickly or I could wind up on the civil jury for one of his other suits.

I have experience, y'know.

11-05-13, 07:31 PM (EST)
55. "Did someone ask for an old failed drug test?"
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-11-04/report-a-rod-failed-mlb-stimulant-test-in-2006?modid=recommended_4_5

Did someone's lawyers immediately deny the existence of 2006?

11-20-13, 01:46 PM (EST)
56. "It's his hearing and he'll storm out if he wants to."
Radio reporting that A-Fraud just left in a rage (or at least a major snit) because they couldn't call Bud Selig to testify.

I dunno. Most people would be happy if they could get Selig to not talk.

11-20-13, 07:53 PM (EST)
57. "Shall we now call him A-Farce?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

Because gee, if anyone would know what one looked like...

espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10007469/alex-rodriguez-rips-bud-selig-denies-using-biogenesis-supplied-peds

It's nice to see the PR team who scripts his side of the interviews shares his complete lack of ability to sound sympathetic, isn't it? Or maybe it's the SNL writing team in a slow week. Month. How many years is this going to go on for?

And of course he was interviewed by Francesa. He knows where his support is coming from. Or at least his unreasonable doubt.

As if this wasn't going to wind up in court all along. However, we still have a step or two to go through before that, and I think the next two are Arbitrator Decision (which might not go well) immediately followed by Attempt To Gain Injunction And Play Anyway. The ultimate lawsuit for declared loss of value will no doubt point to increased attendance and ratings while the A-Fraud is playing. Yeah, because no one's ever turned up at an event to see the geek act.

(Professional circus geek. Look it up.)

What I kept thinking today was This is what it would have been like if Liestrong had been dragged into proceedings during his career. Pound the table -- and then set it on fire.

Would anyone be surprised if he sued for ownership of the Yankees?

11-21-13, 09:02 AM (EST)
58. "Audio emetic."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-13 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

If you want to hear the WFAN interview he gave a couple of hours after storming out, it's here.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/mike-francesa-1/

People are asking how he could storm out of the hearing -- supposedly swearing, kicking tables, punching walls -- and have an Official Statement ready to go minutes later. In other words, there's suspicion that yesterday was a planned piece of performance art. Pity he never got to testify, right?

And now a state senator is going to hold a prayer vigil for A-Fraud. Because he's being persecuted. And why? For his Hispanic descent. The world is picking on him. Because Bud Selig is the world. The evil Caucasian world. Selig's legacy is to destroy A-Fraud's, and that is the only reason all this is happening. Because nothing illegal was done. Ever. And anyone who believes otherwise is racist.

So. How many racists do we have on this board?

One. Two. Three...

11-21-13, 09:24 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Audio emetic."
I'm only surprised that David Cornwell hasn't claimed that the Yankees bullied A-Rod or that his samples were tampered with by some courier working three jobs to make ends meet. After all, those arguments seem to work for his other guilty clients.

11-21-13, 10:20 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Audio emetic."
Patience. He has to wait for the attention span of the American public to forget those arguments were used before.

So basically, Friday.

11-21-13, 11:34 AM (EST)
61. "Volcano eruption scheduled for tomorrow."
A-Fraud's legal team has announced the following:

1. They refuse to participate in the arbitration process any longer to any degree at all unless Selig testifies.

2. They will release all the "evidence" they have on MLB to the press tomorrow.

Oh, please take this to a real court and try pulling the exact same stunt...

11-22-13, 03:49 PM (EST)
62. "Asterisk"
There were 61* posts on this thread, and I kept wanting to put an asterisk after a 61* associated with the Yankees.

* 162-game season.

11-22-13, 07:43 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Asterisk"
Isn't being able to put a * next to everything A-Fraud and his legal team say enough?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10017724/alex-rodriguez-says-legal-team-crushed-likely-wait-2014-verdict

Let me know if you're inspired to jump out of your car from sheer desire to support him. Financially.

So many lawsuits to come.

01-11-14, 01:40 PM (EST)
64. "Arbitrator decision announced."
You can insert your own joke about how the defendant tries to override the World Series while baseball's own hire only attempts to undercut the NFL playoffs, but what it works out to is this: 211 games locked out becomes -- 162.

A-Fraud, as expected, has announced that he intends to appeal in federal court. I think he would have appealed any number over zero.

The MLBPA says they disagree with the number, but respect the process through which it was created. Read whatever you like into that.

The suspension (if it's allowed to begin at all) kicks in on Opening Day, which means A-Roid can theoretically attend spring training -- with a team he's currently in the process of suing. Awkward... No word on paycheck status, but the current presumption is that they don't start arriving until said season begins either.

So now we enter Stage #2: The Death March Towards The Supreme Court. Because he will not let this go. Ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if this wound up with him suing the Constitution.

01-11-14, 09:06 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Arbitrator decision announced."
Good, I hope he comes into camp and completely destroys the team's chemistry before he disappears by Opening Day, all the better to finish in last place.

I know it's the Yankees and they'll always find a way, but have you seen the organizational depth at 3B at the moment? They have nobody on the farm and there's not much out there on the free agent market who can play 3B, and combine that with a creaky-old Jeter/Teixeira coming back from injuries and Kelly Johnson/Brian Roberts at 2B.

Anyone but the Yankees getting Tanaka will certainly help as well.

01-11-14, 06:13 PM (EST)
65. "Mass hysteria!"
According to A-Roid's press release, not only would the case against him not have held up in any court, but his suspension is the first step in abolishing all guaranteed contracts from baseball, along with handing out lifetime bans in all directions for any infractions, not that he did anything wrong at all, but his wrongly-tried case is the launching pad for making that happen!

I really wish he'd said something about dogs and cats living together.

01-12-14, 08:13 AM (EST)
67. "Anthony Bosch to appear on 60 Minutes tonight"
In which he will directly claim to have injected A-Roid with his namesake.

Great timing. Plus he's already being sued, so...

Credibility: does anyone in this mess have any?

01-13-14, 12:50 PM (EST)
68. "HogBosch!"
Basically the claim of A-Roid's lead lawyer during a WFAN interview this morning, for everything Bosch said on 60 Minutes, without exception. (I did not listen or watch either performance. My ribs don't need the ache recovery time.) I will not link to the podcast version: you can find it on your own if you need the laugh. I just wanted to mention two media bits.

1. According to the report I caught, said lawyer claims A-Roid will be at spring training with the Yankees. Period. And I thought it was really nice that the team would still allow him to buy a ticket.

2. Today on CBS This Morning, Charlie Rose actually said 'A-Roid' on the air.

I love Charlie Rose very much.

01-13-14, 05:31 PM (EST)
69. "His next move?"
Suing the players' union.

I'm not joking. He is suing the MLBPA for failure to represent his interests.

This city isn't going to have a bridge left.

01-13-14, 07:31 PM (EST)
70. "RE: His next move?"

01-15-14, 06:34 PM (EST)
71. "RE: His next move?"
In A-Roid's list of mistakes, suing the MLBPA may not even rank on the list.

There's more turmoil within the MLBPA after Michael Weiner's death in November than you would have expected, especially considering that Weiner planned the succession carefully after finding out in June that his cancer was terminal. I think a lot of the turmoil is fueled by player agents who saw Weiner's ultimate goal (taking over MLB) and wished they'd thought of it -- and now want to accomplish it in his place.

There has always been a split within baseball's ranks between the stars and the average players. When Marvin Miller was running things, their interests were similar. But now they aren't, best represented by the one-year, $14 million tender offer that requires any team signing a tendered player to give up a first-round draft pick. The true superstars aren't hurt by it, because they're worth it. Even Jacoby Ellsbury is worth it, whether or not he ever regains his power. The lunchpail guys aren't hurt by it, because they won't be tendered. The guys who are hurt by it are stars but not superstars, such as Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales or Kyle Lohse. Guess who represents all three of them, as well as Ellsbury?

Yep, Scott Boras. Boras has been having a bad year, what with losing Robinson Cano to Jay-Z, Cano getting a $240 million contract afterward, Drew and Morales (whom Boras advised to turn down the tender offer) still on the free-agent market, and his success in getting megabucks for Ellsbury being overshadowed.

So, guess who would like to control the future direction of the players' union?

Think Boras is willing to help A-Roid cripple Tony Clark, so that the union would follow a direction that makes more money for agents?

02-07-14, 06:18 PM (EST)
72. "Two lawsuits withdrawn."
Notice of dismissal was filed in Manhattan federal court. It's the ones against the players' union and MLB/Selig.

I dunno. Maybe he finally opened his bill.

Does this mean he's going to take the suspension? It's hard to believe that... but at least someone in his ego-promotion camp may have realized there are elements to the fight they can't win -- or evidence which would have to be introduced in an actual court.

02-08-14, 09:02 AM (EST)
73. "Transcendent comedy."
Yes, he's surrendered. He will serve the suspension. As the ESPN article notes, he pulled a reversal of his World Series override by waiting for the Winter Olympics to take over headlines and then trying to sneak his decision through the back door. He has declared intent to play out the remaining three years of his contract once the suspension ends and that'll probably be his next legal fight, especially since I'm not sure he dropped the suits against the Yankees.

But then we have this line, Fair Use quoted from ESPN.

"According to sources, Rodriguez hopes to pursue a career in broadcasting or even partial team ownership after his retirement and feared a protracted legal fight might cause him to be, in the words of a source, "blackballed" by baseball."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10420424/alex-rodriguez-new-york-yankees-withdraws-lawsuit-overturn-suspension

Oh, and he's trying to svck up to the chief investigator too.

He really thinks baseball will let him in? That the media wants anything to do with him?

Heh.

Johnette Howard and Chris Carlton have independently made the point that A-Fraud seems to storm out, surrender, and pitch fits at any moment just before he would be required to testify under oath. Something he might not be able to avoid any longer if the case had pushed through to the appeal.

Ralph Kiner's death has made me think about A-Roid. Ralph took over the airwaves. The local sports talks stations went all-Ralph, all the time. They would hang up on any caller who wanted to discuss another topic, for this was Ralph's day. And through hundreds of callers, you could not find anyone who would say a word against Ralph. The closest anyone came was claiming he hadn't signed a ball once because it had too many other signatures on it, and that came across as 'Really?' because Ralph Kiner would sign just about anything, any time. The word 'gentleman' came up a lot. Seniors called to talk of being kids. Kids who snuck into the Korner studio through a door that was never locked and found players willing to sign for them.

(One comment I spotted on an article came from a man who'd never heard of Ralph, born too late, not really into that era, who had looked up his stats just to see why this was a HoF member -- and stared, wondering what would have been without a war. And in a DH role...)

Baseball is a bridge to childhood. Always has been. Ralph Kiner died, and all those kids knew how old they had become -- but for a moment, talking about him, they were young again. And no one's truly dead while their name is still spoken with love. Make no mistake: it was love there, just about all of it. He was grandfather to half a century of a franchise. We all carried him because of the times he carried us. We loved him for that.

When A-Roid dies, if radio still exists, he will take over the airwaves. I don't doubt that.

Who will remember him warmly?

Who will bask in having known him?

Who will be young in memory just from thinking about his name?

Some believe he did all this for the home run record, for eight hundred. For baseball immortality.

But in a very real way, he's already died...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •