The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-12, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
Following the events of this past weekend, there are still people who believe professional wrestling is real.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The difference between boxing a... byoffer 06-12-12 1
 RE: The difference between boxing a... bondt007 06-12-12 2
 RE: The difference between boxing a... PepeLePew13 06-12-12 3
   RE: The difference between boxing a... Estee 06-12-12 4
 RE: The difference between boxing a... Max Headroom 06-12-12 5
   RE: The difference between boxing a... Starshine 06-12-12 6
   RE: The difference between boxing a... byoffer 06-12-12 7
       RE: The difference between boxing a... Round Robin 06-14-12 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
I didn't see the fight, but there certainly seems to be some disagreement with the decision.

But that is quite an insult to pro wrestling, where at least the top guys occasionally face each other!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-12-12, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
I having seen professional boxing in years and years ... maybe 10 years. Buy we went to a party and it was on, and I thought "hey, I haven't seen a fight in....etc.", so I sat and watch it all the way though.

I got up when it was over to see what my DW was up to and get some more of that "special lemon aid", knowing that the one guy beat the other guy up, pretty much.

The next day the radio said I was wrong.

Then I remember why I haven't watched boxing for years and years...

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 06:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
You know it's bad when Bradley, immediately after the fight, told Bob Arum that he tried his best but couldn't beat the guy (before the decision was announced). Apparently, there was also a shift in betting toward Bradley the night before although Pacquaio was the clear favourite.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
And then there was Arum's postmatch statement to the press which -- and this is barely a paraphrase -- broke down to 'It was a horrible travesty which will allow me to make millions of dollars on the inevitable rematch.' Because under the terms of a repeat, his company controls both boxers and gets all the cash. And that rematch? Was announced before the fight. Fully scheduled date and all. Sign up for the pay-more-than-ever-per-view now!

Somewhere in Connecticut, Vince McMahon is throwing up again.

I came perilously close to an exact quote there.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
Reminds me of Olympic gymnastics a while back.

"Gymnast X from West Germany scores 9.5 from the British judge, 9.3 from the Ugandan judge, 9.6 from the Argentinian judge, and 7.7 from the Bulgarian judge."

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-12-12, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
Things got so bad in Ice Skating they had to completely revamp the system.

And plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
And though hard to beleive, Olympic boxing juding has historically been even worse than judging for gymnastics, synchro swimming, figure skating etc.

Boxing purists can argue all they want against MMA (and the UFC in particular) just being a blood sport - it is kicking boxing butt because it is so much better run. Competitive fights where the tops guys actually face each other, and much more entertaining. (a guy can get a bonus for losing while putting on a great fight) The one downside I have seen to MMA is again occassionally with officiating (I beleive the various athletic commissions control the judges and not the "league").

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-14-12, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The difference between boxing and professional wrestling."
It's harder to get away with blatantly screwing people than it used to be, but skating judging is still crooked as a dog's hind leg. As for professional wrestling, I once watched a program on the history of wrestling, and they said that the last unfixed matches happened in the '50's and even as far back as the '30's the vast majority of them were fixed. And boxing seems to be even crookeder than it was when the mob ran it. There's a lot of suspect $hit that happens in the cleaner sports too, but anybody who thinks boxing or any other judged sport will ever be anywhere in the same galaxy as complete honesty has to be enough bricks shy of a load to rebuild Wrigley Field, because it ain't ever gonna happen. Period.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •