The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-12, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
#6 Devils vs #8 Kings.

Seems strange that the #6 Devils will have home ice advantage, but I believe they would have had this against half of the playoff teams from the west.

Unfortunately for the Devils, home ice against the Kings hasn't been an advantage to any of their opponents.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... Max Headroom 05-26-12 1
 RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... bondt007 05-30-12 2
 Game 1: Kings win 2-1 in OT byoffer 05-31-12 3
   RE: Game 1: Kings win 2-1 in OT HobbsofMI 05-31-12 4
       Lidstrom Retires byoffer 05-31-12 5
           RE: Lidstrom Retires HobbsofMI 05-31-12 6
               RE: Lidstrom Retires PepeLePew13 05-31-12 7
                   RE: Lidstrom Retires HobbsofMI 05-31-12 8
                       RE: Lidstrom Retires PepeLePew13 06-01-12 9
                           RE: Lidstrom Retires HobbsofMI 06-03-12 11
 Kings win Game 2 2-1 (OT) Molaholic 06-02-12 10
   RE: Kings win Game 2 2-1 (OT) HobbsofMI 06-04-12 12
 Game 3... Kings win 4-0 PepeLePew13 06-04-12 13
   RE: Game 3... Kings win 4-0 byoffer 06-05-12 14
 game 4 - no sweep for you! byoffer 06-06-12 15
   RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! HobbsofMI 06-07-12 16
       RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! byoffer 06-07-12 17
   RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! Estee 06-07-12 18
       RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! byoffer 06-07-12 19
           RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! Estee 06-07-12 20
               RE: game 4 - no sweep for you! byoffer 06-08-12 21
 Game 5 - there will be a game 6! byoffer 06-09-12 22
 Game 6 bondt007 06-11-12 23
   RE: Game 6 after 1 HobbsofMI 06-11-12 24
       RE: Game 6 start of 2 bondt007 06-11-12 25
           RE: Game 6 start of 2 HobbsofMI 06-11-12 26
           RE: Game 6 near the end HobbsofMI 06-11-12 27
               RE: Game 6 near the end bondt007 06-11-12 28
 RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... Molaholic 06-11-12 29
   RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... bondt007 06-11-12 30
       RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... AyaK 06-13-12 35
   RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... byoffer 06-12-12 31
   RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... Estee 06-12-12 32
   RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... Max Headroom 06-12-12 33
   RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thr... PepeLePew13 06-12-12 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-12, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
This brings back memories of the last time the Kings made the finals-- Gretzky was playing for them and I was living in southern California. That was a long time ago.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-30-12, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
Yeah home ice didn't quite work out for the Devils tonight. Rather careful Game 1, though...

05-31-12, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Game 1: Kings win 2-1 in OT"
In such a close game, that failed pinch at the blueline by the Devils led to the Kopitar breakaway and winning goal.

The Kings road winning streak (now 9-0 in these playoffs) reminds me of the Montreal Canadiens OT winning streak from '93 (10 straight OT wins). Anyone willing to bet that LA doesn't stretch their road winning streak to 10 in the next game? Will they have to make it 11 to win the Cup on the road??

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-12, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Game 1: Kings win 2-1 in OT"
Plus the NJ goal was off a LA King....I think maybe his helmet.

Great game and could have gone either way.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

05-31-12, 12:46 PM (EST)
5. "Lidstrom Retires"
Not sure this deserves a thread of its own, but certainly deserves a reference. And seems fitting to link it to a Hobbs post.

Nicklas Lidstrom retires.

I've never been a Wings fan, but can't deny that Lidstrom was one of the best defenceman of his era. Big loss for the Wings. Should be a lock for the HOF.

05-31-12, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lidstrom Retires"
One of the best? Is the best!

Yea, it's a big blow but we knew it was coming. I thought the Winter Classic at the Big House would keep him around for one more year but his heart is not in it so I can't fault him instead of hanging on for a check. Plus his son is in Sweden going to school there and his youngest is just about to start school.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-12, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lidstrom Retires"
I'd rank Lidstrom #2 on my list of all-time best defensemen in NHL history, that's how good he's been. I guess it depends on what criteria you want to use, but Lidstrom has been so consistent for so long in terms of both offense and defense.

Here's my list...

1. Bobby Orr
2. Nicklas Lidstrom
3. Doug Harvey
4. Eddie Shore
5. Raymond Bourque
6. Denis Potvin
7. Larry Robinson
8. Paul Coffey
9. Scott Niedermayer
10. Red Kelly

Other guys I gave consideration to: Al MacInnis, Chris Chelios, Scott Stevens, Brian Leetch, Tim Horton.

05-31-12, 09:54 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Lidstrom Retires"
I would put Orr and Lidstrom both No. 1. Different eras, different game but both were so dominating during their time it's hard to put one over the other.

06-01-12, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lidstrom Retires"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-12 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

As much as I enjoyed watching Lidstrom play hockey the "way it should be" and how great he was, sorry to disagree with you but there's simply no "1B" in history to Bobby Orr.

Orr just blows everyone else out of the water when it comes to defensemen, regardless of era and criteria. Just about the only thing I'll give Lidstrom is the intangibles as a captain and having won more cups in twice as many seasons, but I don't see an area where Lidstrom is comparable to Orr otherwise.

Orr won two scoring titles, Lidstrom finished tenth one time I believe. Orr had a plus/minus of +124 (let that sink in for a moment - he was on the ice for one and a half goals per game more than his opps) while Lidstrom's highest was +50. Orr was a peerless penalty-killer as he was known to hold onto the puck for the entire two minutes, weaving in and out from zone to zone - teams tried to send three or four guys in after him but Orr would just pass the puck up ice to create an odd-man rush. Orr completely changed the game of hockey, while Lidstrom was merely the best of his era but didn't change the game in any way.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a team of 20 Lidstroms - you'd win Stanley Cups more often than not - but Orr was simply the greatest player of all time (I'd rank him ahead of Gretzky except for the fact his career was over by age 30 while Gretzy played much longer).

06-03-12, 06:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Lidstrom Retires"
Don't get me wrong those are some great stats but in an era of 10 or 12 teams and no free agency so teams kept their talent and we had density after density with the same teams fighting it out at the top and the lesser teams really stunk.

Nick played with guys that were bigger, faster and trained year round all the while only missing at the most 14 games a year over 20 years. His positioning and smarts made him the NHL players voted not to go up against one on one plus his first pass out of the zone and touch passes, off the back board pass and point on the power play I think was a bit better than Orr (yes, I never saw him play except on ESPN classic games but still). I think he did change the game in his own way like Orr did. It's just not that flashy and there is no one you can name that has his skills at those levels all at the same time. The only thing he was missing was being physical but he didn't need to be because he would tip the puck to a Wing, intercept your pass, tip it to the corner, dig it out before you could say boo. Plus if you tried to hit him 90% of the time you missed or the puck was gone and he would gladly take you out of position. Last he's European and the league just blew him off as soft for all those years or he was doing it with mirror or something.

Thus why I put them tied. Greatest is Gretzky and I agree Orr/Nick right on his heals even with all the numbers he has.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-12, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Kings win Game 2 2-1 (OT)"
Carter beats Brodeur to give LA a 2-0 lead in the series.

Capn’s Stanley Cup Pick ‘em Surprise.

06-04-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kings win Game 2 2-1 (OT)"
Another great game IMHO.

06-04-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
13. "Game 3... Kings win 4-0"
Another dominating performance by the Kings and they're now up by a commanding 3-0 margin.

Time to put the champagne on ice.

06-05-12, 09:52 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Game 3... Kings win 4-0"
Hard to believe that the best possible outcome for the Devils from the next game would be a win that would send them home to NJ to play against the Kings who are 10-0 on the road these playoffs.

Champagne on ice? More like start the parade and plan the hometown visits.

Hard to believe that after all the seasons coached by the 6 Sutter brothers, this will be their first coaching Stanley Cup. Kudos to Darryl for what will be his first Cup.

06-06-12, 10:53 PM (EST)
15. "game 4 - no sweep for you!"
after 0 - 0 through 2 period, they trade quick goals in the third, then NJ scores one and adds an empty net to win 3-1.

Congratulations, Devils, now you get the undefeated road warrior Kings in NJ on Saturday.

06-07-12, 07:56 AM (EST)
16. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
And even LA PP goal was on a very weak call but overall a really good game as the puck luck went NJ's way for a change.

06-07-12, 09:05 AM (EST)
17. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
Commentators were saying after the game that game 1 & 2 were very close, so the series could be completely different. But it's not, and despite losing last night LA is very much in the driver's seat.

Can NJ break LA's road win streak?!?!?!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-12, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
After the first game, I decided it was one of those low-offense efforts that could have gone either way.

After the second game, I started to suspect the offense svcked.

After the third game, I knew the offense svcked.

And after the fourth game, I still have no confidence in getting to #6.

06-07-12, 01:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
How much will the media start hyping all the pressure on the Kings. If they lose game 5, then they go back to LA for game 6 where the Kings have lost a few games, and then the pressure will really be on for game 7 on the road where they will recently have lost.

Yup, all the pressure is on the Kings.

Except for all the pressure on the Devils that one loss and they lose the series.

06-07-12, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
Oh, I know it's not impossible to climb out of this hole -- and the Devils have historically rope-and-prayered themselves out of nearly as deep -- but unless this thing somehow gets to Game Seven, the Kings should consider themselves at a near-wrap. After all, the Devils have to be lucky all the time: L.A. has to get lucky once -- or just be more skilled. For nearly all intents and purposes, this is Series Over. Unless it isn't.

I just hope the Rock fans behave with more dignity than a few of them have shown throughout the playoffs. If the Kings win on foreign ice, let them have their moment and don't assault any opposing fans. It's been an ugly postseason for spectator behavior and we don't need to make it worse.

06-08-12, 10:38 AM (EST)
21. "RE: game 4 - no sweep for you!"
LA fans in NJ? Both of them??

06-09-12, 11:19 PM (EST)
22. "Game 5 - there will be a game 6!"
Devils win again, breaking the Kings road perfection streak and forcing a game 6. Wow.

06-11-12, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Game 6"
3 goals in 5 minutes after the major...

06-11-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Game 6 after 1"
LA 3 NJ 0.....that major hurt.

06-11-12, 09:23 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Game 6 start of 2"
4-0 Kings with an assist from the ref. (ouch)

06-11-12, 09:25 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Game 6 start of 2"
Missed it....good thing for DVR.

06-11-12, 10:45 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Game 6 near the end"
4-1 LA....NJ pulls the goalie.

06-11-12, 10:48 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Game 6 near the end"
...and just like that, 6-1

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-12, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"

Capn’s Stanley Cup Pick ‘em Surprise.

06-11-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
woooooooooooo!

Mole, for you:

Me: ooh I want want of those Kings Champ hats
My Son: No... you want the Dodger champ hat in October!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-12, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
I think he's saying, "No hat for you in 2012!"

But the Kings . . . Jonathan Quick is now the best goalie in hockey, bar none. Really, he should be MVP of the season, not just the playoffs.

06-12-12, 00:07 AM (EST)
31. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
congrats to the Kings and all you LA peeps.

06-12-12, 06:14 AM (EST)
32. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
The better team won.

I just hope this means L.A. can remember it has a team for more than two days.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
Though it was fun to watch Gretzky play for the Kings during my southern California days, they never won the Cup back then. This is great.

06-12-12, 11:50 AM (EST)
34. "RE: 2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - Stanley Cup Finals"
Congrats to Moley and the L.A. area folks on finally winning that long-elusive Stanley Cup!

In other words... the Maple Leafs still have a longer drought than the Kings.

Best tweet of the day:

Steve Dangle Glynn ‏@Steve_Dangle

Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne, and John Stevens all just took a picture in front of the Cup mooning and sent it to Paul Holmgren.

(Holmgren famously said the Flyers would never win with these guys so he had to make the trades/moves that he did)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •