The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NHL Playoff Pick'em"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-12, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NHL Playoff Pick'em"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-12 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

Posting this earlier to attract more attention. Playoff pairings due on Sunday afternoon, so I'll update early next week.

Instructions from last year's thread, which were modified from Cap'n Patch's 2010 thread:

Pick the winning team from each series right up to the conference and Stanley Cup finals.

Here's a fictitious example,

1. Washington Capitals
2. New Jersey Devils
3. Buffalo Sabres
4. Pittsburgh Penguins
5. Ottawa Senators
6. Montreal Canadiens
7. Philadelphia Flyers
8. Boston Bruins

The 1st seed plays the 8th seed, the 2nd seed plays the 7th seed and so on - example picks as follows.

Series 1 Washington(1)/Boston(8)
- Boston wins

Series 2 New Jersey(2)/Philadelphia(7)
- New Jersey wins

Series 3 Buffalo(3)/Montreal(6)
- Montreal wins

Series 4 Pittsburgh(4)/ Ottawa(5)
- Ottawa wins

:. Should all my picks come in, I collect 4 points and my winning teams move on to the second round where I have picked teams all the way through to the Stanley Cup Final.

:. Correct picks in the first round are worth 1 point, 2 in the second, 3 in the third and 5 for the final.

:. Pick a series in the correct number of games, i.e., Montreal over Buffalo in six games. So, along with naming your series winner, predict in how many games the series will end. One half point (0.5) will awarded for each correct answer.

:. Lastly, in the unlikely event that we end up tied, a tie-breaking question for your viewing pleasure. Tell me how many goals will be scored in the Stanley Cup deciding game. Closest to the answer without going over.

:. Your picks must be submitted by reply to this thresd before the playoffs begin.

This year's playoff match-ups:

Eastern Conference
1. NY Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators
2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals
3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. NJ Devils
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. LA Kings
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. SJ Sharks
3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Nashville Predators vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings

Previous winners:
2011: mrc
2010: smokedog
2009: Col. Zoidberg
2008: Col. Zoidberg
2007: Pepe
2006: Nailbone (who? )

Done by a Cap

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em HobbsofMI 04-05-12 1
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em mrc 04-09-12 2
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em Max Headroom 04-09-12 3
   RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em byoffer 04-09-12 4
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em byoffer 04-09-12 5
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em HobbsofMI 04-10-12 6
 Oh well. . . AyaK 04-10-12 7
   RE: Oh well. . . AyaK 04-11-12 10
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em Colonel Zoidberg 04-10-12 8
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em Yogi 04-10-12 9
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em PepeLePew13 04-11-12 11
 RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em aethelstan 04-11-12 12
 Looking ahead mrc 04-23-12 13
 Post-CQF standings mrc 04-27-12 14
   RE: Post-CQF standings HobbsofMI 04-27-12 15
       RE: Post-CQF standings mrc 04-27-12 16
           RE: Post-CQF standings HobbsofMI 04-27-12 17
 Post-CSF Standings mrc 05-14-12 18
   RE: Post-CSF Standings byoffer 05-14-12 19
   RE: Post-CSF Standings aethelstan 05-14-12 20
       RE: Post-CSF Standings mrc 05-14-12 21
 Final Standings mrc 05-30-12 22
   RE: Final Standings byoffer 05-31-12 23
   RE: Final Standings HobbsofMI 05-31-12 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-12, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
It could be a very rough year to pick as both the East and West seem wide open espeically the West which I could see any team come out of it. The key will be injuries.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-09-12, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-12 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

ECQ
1. NY Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators
Rangers in 5.

2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals
Bruins in 5

3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. NJ Devils
Devils in 6. Tough pick. I want to believe in the Panthers, but I don't.

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Penguins in 7. Could be the best series of the quarters.

WCQ
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. LA Kings
Kings in 7. I believe in their goal-tending more than Vancouver's.

2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. SJ Sharks
Blues in 6.

Coyotes in 6.

Predators in 6.

ECS
1. Rangers vs. 6. Devils.
Rangers in 5.

2. Bruins vs. 4. Penguins.
Bruins in 7.

WCS
2. Blues vs. 8. Kings
Kings in 7.

3. Coyotes vs. 4. Predators.
Predators in 6.

ECF
1. Rangers vs. 2. Bruins
Rangers in 7. I hate to make this pick, but the two BOS-NYR games I saw convinced me that Boston doesn't have what it takes to beat NY.

WCF
4. Predators vs. 8. Kings
Predators in 7. LA played well against Nashville this season, but I think this is the Predators' year.

SCF
Rangers vs. Predators.
Rangers in 6. Again, hate to make this pick, but I think NY is just better.

Total goals: 5

Done by a Cap

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-12, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
Guess I won't be needing this siggie.

*runs*

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-12, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
*whack*

Or as they say in Quebec...

*le whacque*

04-09-12, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"

Round 1:
East
#1 New York Rangers vs. #8 Ottawa Senators
Rangers in 5
#2 Boston Bruins vs. #7 Washington Capitals
Bruins in 6
#3 Florida Panthers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils
Devils in 6
#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers
Flyers in 7 (I hope Pittsburgh wins)

West
#1 Vancouver Canucks vs. #8 Los Angeles Kings
Canucks in 5
#2 St Louis Blues vs. #7 San Jose Sharks
Blues in 5
#3 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #6 Chicago Blackhawks
Hawks in 6
#4 Nashville Predators vs. #5 Detroit Redwings
Wings in 6

Round 2:
East
Rangers vs Flyers
Rangers in 7
Bruins vs Devils
Bruins in 5

West
Canucks vs Hawks
Canucks in 7
Blues vs Wings
Wings in 7

Round 3:
East
Rangers vs Bruins
Bruins in 6

West
Canucks vs Wings
Canucks in 5

Finals:
Bruins vs Canucks
Canucks to get revenge in 5. (this pick is from my heart)

Tiebreaker: 4

04-10-12, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-12 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

Eastern Conference
1. NY Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators in 6 games: Ottawa has the fire power but not the goalie to take out NYR.
2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals in 5 games: Washington's goalie issues come back to bite them as well as their weak D.
3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. NJ Devils in 6 games: This is just a hope pick because when I've picked NJ they fall flat.
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Philadelphia Flyers in 7 games: Could be one of the best series in a long time since Det/Col. I just think Philly's got a bit more even with Crosby back.

Western Conference
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. LA Kings in 6 games: Quick out dual Luongo.
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. SJ Sharks in 5 games: Blues have their number.
3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6. Chicago Blackhawks in 5 games: Hot goalie Smith vs. weak Chicago's goalies plus I hate Chicago since they were able to cheat for their cup.
4. Nashville Predators vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings in 7 games: Nashville made some great moves for a one year run and Howard is not 100% since the groin injury plus a few other depth guy's injuries doom the Wings.

Eastern Conference Semi's

1. NY Rangers vs. 5. Philadelphia Flyers in 6 game: Just a gut feel, could go either way.
2. Boston Bruins vs. 3. Florida Panthers in 6 games: My upset special.

Western Conference Semi's
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 8. LA Kings in 6 games: Blues solve Quick.
3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 4. Nashville Predators in 5 games: Nashville is just too much for Phoenix.

Eastern Conference Finals
3. Florida Panthers vs. 5. Philadelphia Flyers in 5 games: Philly's too much for the upstarts.

Western Conference Finals
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 4. Nashville Predators in 7 games: Great series that's too close to call. Could go either way and it may come down to injuries and who stays healthy during the SC run.

Stanley Cup Finals

Nashville Predators vs. Philadelphia Flyers in 6 games: Philly's got to keep waiting as the Preds have the fire power, grit, the D and the goalie to win it all.

Tie Breaker is 4 goals.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-12, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Oh well. . ."
I didn't play last year, and the Bruins won it all I should sit out again. But. . .

Eastern Conference
1. NY Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators -- Rangers in 7. Sorry, but I don't believe in the Rangers.
2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals -- Bruins in 5. The Caps are finally healthy, but I think the turmoil during the season will show here.
3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. NJ Devils -- Devils in 6. OK, I know all about the great job that the Panthers' organization has done in rebuilding. But I see the team struggling in the unexpected spotlight.
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers -- Penguins in 7. I hate picking against Malkin and Crosby.

Western Conference
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. LA Kings -- Canucks in 7. Quick has been phenomenal this year. If the Kings can fend off the away-ice disadvantage, this is an upset waiting to happen.
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. SJ Sharks -- Blues in 5. Sorry, Sharks, your time has passed.
3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6. Chicago Blackhawks -- Blackhawks in 6. The empty houses in Glendale have to come to an end, and this upset will help get the team out of town faster.
4. Nashville Predators vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings -- Red Wings in 6. Why am I picking against the Preds? A hunch. It may be stupid.

Quarterfinals
Eastern Conference
1. Rangers v. 6. Devils -- Rangers in 7. I still don't believe.
2. Bruins v. 4. Penguins -- Bruins in 7. The Bruins started coasting midseason, but coasting time is over.

Western Conference
1. Canucks v. 6. Blackhawks -- Blackhawks in 7. Sorry, Canucks, but the Curse of Luongo continues.
2. Blues v. 5. Red Wings -- Blues in 5. Blues are this year's Bruins.

Semifinals
Eastern Conference
1. Rangers v. 2. Bruins -- Bruins in 6. A veteran team gets ready for the playoffs.

Western Conference
2. Blues v. 6. Blackhawks -- Blues in 5. Steamroller.

Finals
Bruins v. Blues -- Blues in 7.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-12, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oh well. . ."
Forgot the final game tiebreaker.

3-2, so 5.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
And here we go, with me trying to regain the Zoidberg trophy...what's that? You didn't name the trophy after me? And there is no trophy? Fudge.

Oh well.

So here it shall be.

EASTERN CONFERENCE FIRST ROUND

1) NY Rangers vs. 8) Ottawa - The Sens are a bit on the battle-tested side, since they squeaked into the playoffs. Of course, the Atlantic is one hell of a division, and the Rangers have been fighting it out all year.
Rangers in 5

2) Boston vs. 7) Washington - The Caps have has a pretty rough season, what with losing the division to a team from south Florida. Facing the defending champs isn't about to make things better.
B's in 5

3) Florida vs. 6) New Jersey - There's something topsy-turvy when the playoffs open in Miami but not Detroit. Nonetheless, order will be restored on this hald of that equation quickly.
Devils in a sweep

4) Pittsburgh vs. 5) Philadelphia - This one's a dogfight to the end. The Pens squeezed ahead, and at full strength, they're bound to stay ahead.
Pens in 7

WESTERN CONFERENCE FIRST ROUND

1) Vancouver vs. 8) Los Angeles - I'd call this one karma for the rioters, but the Kings just don't have it in them.
Canucks in 6

2) St. Louis vs. 7) San Jose - Last time the Blues were up this high, they got eaten by the Sharks. That said, the Central was murder this year, whereas the Pacific was barely negligent homicide. Go with the tougher team.
Blues in 5

3) Phoenix vs. 6) Chicago - Refer to above. Take a Central team over all others at this point unless there's a good reason not to. The Coyotes are not that reason.
Hawks in 6

4) Nashville vs. 5) Detroit - Call it bias. Call it seeing them at full strength. Call it 21 years of playoff experience. Call it whatever you want, but I'm not taking the Predators.
Wings in 6

EASTERN SEMIS

1) NY Rangers vs. 6) New Jersey - The Rangers are looking like world-beaters. The Devils? Hanging on.
Rangers in 5

2) Boston vs. 4) Pittsburgh - This looks like the makings of a classic. It could go either way. So I'm taking the team that has their star back.
Pens in 7

WESTERN SEMIS

1) Vancouver vs. 6) Chicago - The Blackhawks pushed the Canucks to the limit last year after falling behind 3-0, but the Canucks finished the job. Revenge or repeat? Probably repeat.
Canucks in 7

2) St. Louis vs. 5) Detroit - This one also looks like a hell of a series. That said, the Blues pulled ahead this season. That also said, their best shot at this series is injuries affecting the guys in red. I'm picking full strength against full strength.
Wings in 7

EASTERN FINAL

1) NY Rangers vs. 4) Pittsburgh - You may notice I picked the Pens to win in 7 twice. The last team to get to a third Game 7 in a row was the 2002 Colorado Avalanche. That didn't turn out too well for them. So I'll settle it sooner.
Pens in 6

WESTERN FINALS

1) Vancouver vs. 5) Detroit - This one also has the makings of seven games. Of course, can the Wings stay healthy and can the Canucks beat them at their best? Can the Wings win two Game 7s on the road? Will they have to?
Wings in 6

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Pittsburgh vs. Detroit - When I won in 2009, I went with this final matchup. I'll hope I'm wrong, but I see Sid the Kid raising the Cup at the Joe.
Pens in 6, final game 4-2

Yogi 1139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-12, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
Thanks for setting this up MRC!

Eastern Conference
1. NY Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators in 7
2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals in 6
3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. NJ Devils in 5
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers in 6

Western Conference
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. LA Kings in 4
2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. SJ Sharks in 4
3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6. Chicago Blackhawks in 5
4. Nashville Predators vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings in 6

Eastern Conference
Boston Bruins vs Ottawa Senators in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins vs NJ Devils in 4

Western Conference
Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks in 6
St. Louis Blues vs Detroit Red Wings in 7

Eastern Conference
Boston vs Pittsburgh in 6

Western Conference
Vancouver vs Detroit in 7

Final
Pittsburgh vs Detroit in 6

TB - 6 goals in the final game.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-12, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
Time to reclaim the trophy...

Eastern Conference

(1) NY Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa Senators
Rangers too strong and they only have to shut down two guys, really - Karlsson and Spezza. I don't think they'll have too much trouble doing so, even if the Sens matched up well during the regular season.
Rangers in 5

(2) Boston Bruins vs. (7) Washington Capitals
I think it's going to be a tougher series than expected for the Bruins - the Caps will find a way to get up for this matchup and the Bruins will take a while to shake off the cobwebs, but in the end, it won't be enough.
Bruins in 7

(3) Florida Panthers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils
Going to be fun for Pete DeBoer - he gets to rub the Panthers' faces in the sand after they fired him last year. I got to see DeBoer up close in my hometown as he won the Memorial Cup with the Rangers, so I'm pulling for him even if I dislike the Devils in general.
Devils in 5

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers
I think the return of Cindy Crysby has made the Pens too tough to beat - even without him earlier Pittsburgh was doing well, and now Crysby is at full health, not worn down by a long season. That can only be good news for the Pens.
Penguins in 6

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) LA Kings
The Canucks are too strong and still have plenty of good parts going, while the Kings for some reason can't seem to get their offense going.
Canucks in 6.

(2) St. Louis Blues vs. (7) San Jose Sharks
Been an up and down season for the Sharks, but I think they've got enough experience to band together while the Blues may be in a bit over their heads with many players having limited playoff experience. Yeah, they've got Hitchcock who's been to three Cup Finals, but I think they need another year of playoff experience before they go far. Upset special.
Sharks in 6.

I'm not completely sold on the Coyotes - they don't have anybody as a go-to player when it gets down to crunch time and Mike Smith hasn't done anything in the playoffs before this year. The Blackhawks have the experience and they'll find a way to expose Smith.
Blackhawks in 7.

The second most interesting playoff series in the first round to me (behind the Pens-Flyers one) is also a 4-5 match-up. I think the Preds easily blew everyone else out of the water when it came to upgrades at the trade deadline and they've got the X-factor in Radulov coming back from Russia. They also have a top-notch goalie in Rinne and two primo D-men in Weber and Suter. It'll be enough to get them past the Wings.
Predators in 6.

Conference Semis

(1) NY Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey
Devils don't have enough beyond Parise and Kovalchuk to keep up with the Rangers. Brodeur is too old to last through a long series.
Rangers in 6.

(2) Boston vs. (4) Pittsburgh
This is where a fresh Cindy Crysby will really make a huge difference as he'll be a step ahead of a tired Bruins team which had a short offseason and a bunch of nagging injuries (no guarantee Horton would be back by then).
Pittsburgh in 5.

(1) Vancouver vs. (7) San Jose
Sharks lose their glass slippers here and come back to earth. Canucks are too strong.
Canucks in 5.

(4) Nashville vs. (6) Chicago
This has the makings of a tough series. I'm going with the team that filled specific holes with terrific role players such as Gaustad and Gill at the trade deadline.
Predators in 7

Conference Championships

(1) NY Rangers vs. (4) Pittsburgh
Winning their previous series in 5 games will do a world of good for the Pens, keeping them fresh to beat the Rangers and sparking another war of words with Tortorella.
Penguins in 6.

(1) Vancouver vs. (4) Nashville
A lot depends on whether Daniel Sedin is fully recovered from his concussion and has gotten into a regular groove by now. If he is, then Vancouver should win this series as experience + better scoring trumps depth + Rinne here.
Canucks in 7.

Stanley Cup Final

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (1) Vancouver
Again, a relatively fresh Cindy Crysby having only played 22 games this season and half of last season will leave him with an extra spring in his step, so he'll lead the way to a Conn Smythe-worthy performance for his second championship.
Penguins in 6.
(Tiebreaker = 7 goals)

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-11-12, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NHL Playoff Pick'em"
Tough year to pick this year. Pitt/Philly in the first round? They should seriously consider doing it the NBA way. Then Pitt would play Wash, Boston would play NJ and Florida would be at home to Philly. Not perfect, but better.

Also tough not to pick the usual suspects.

NY-Ott (7) - I wouldn't be that surprised if Ottawa won but it's still unlikely
Bos-Wash (4)
Fla-NJ (6) - Florida is just happy to be here but did you know that after Zubrus (44 points), New Jersey's next highest point getter is Larsson with 18!
Pitt-Phila (7) - this should be quite a series!

Vcr-LA (5)
StL-SJ (5)
Pho-Chi (7) only because everyone's probably picking Chi and Det to win
Nash-Det (7) hey! I though Nash played for Pho!

Second Round:
NYR-NJ 6
Pitt-Bos 6 I don't think this is Boston's year.

Vcr-Nash 7 only if Luongo/Schneider can outduel Rinne
StL-Pho 5 wow. two teams I'd pick to lose most of the time.

Third Round:
NYR-Pitt 7 tough call!
Vcr-StL 5 StLouis' playoff inexperience shows itself

SCF:
Vancouver - New York 7 Vancouver avenges 1994??

Of course, two #1s seeds have never faced each other (in recent history) in the finals so I should probably have picked Pittsburgh. Oh well.

Tiebreaker 5 goals

04-23-12, 09:45 AM (EST)
13. "Looking ahead"
There aren't very many of us who are in a good position to win this thing. The first round may cut it down to 2-3 people with a legit chance.

Done by a Cap

04-27-12, 10:39 AM (EST)
14. "Post-CQF standings"
Wow. Lots of carnage to picks across the board. As always, check my math. Dammit, Jim, I'm an historian, not a mathematician!

1. mrc: 6.5 (SC pick: NYR)
2. Hobbs: 6 (SC pick: NSH)
2. Stan: 6 (SC pick: VAN)
4. byoffer: 4.5 (SC pick: VAN)
5. Ayak: 4 (SC pick: STL)
6. Col. Z.: 3.5 (SC pick: PIT)
7. Pepe: 3 (SC pick: PIT)
8. Yogi: 2 (SC pick: PIT)

Done by a Cap

04-27-12, 02:54 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Post-CQF standings"
Do I have a .5 point for the Blue/SJ in 5 games?

04-27-12, 03:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Post-CQF standings"
I have you for:

1 Philly
1.5 LA in 6
1.5 StL in 5
1 Phoenix
1 Nashville

A Slice of Manga

04-27-12, 09:50 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Post-CQF standings"
Ah, missed my NYR pick then.

05-14-12, 11:25 AM (EST)
18. "Post-CSF Standings"
With only Stan and I picking NY in 7 for the SC Finals, I've wrapped up my second straight Pick 'em title. Tough playoffs to pick this year, esp. in the West.

1. mrc: 10.5 (SC pick: NYR)

2. Stan: 8 (SC pick: VAN)

3. byoffer: 7 (SC pick: VAN)

4. Ayak: 6.5 (SC pick: STL)

5. Hobbs: 6 (SC pick: NSH)

6. Col. Z.: 5.5 (SC pick: PIT)

7. Pepe: 5 (SC pick: PIT)

8. Yogi: 2 (SC pick: PIT)

Done by
a Cap

05-14-12, 01:25 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Post-CSF Standings"
Do I really win the bronze medal siggie?? What an amazing bloodbath when 7 points can do that!

Congrats to MRC and Stan for at least not svcking as bad as the rest of us.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-14-12, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Post-CSF Standings"
Wow. I had to go back to my picks and see how it was even possible for me to get that many points. Then I remembered that had Ottawa won game 7 that I'd have had virtually no points. Do we still get the points for number of games a series went or is that only if you got the series winner right?

05-14-12, 02:00 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Post-CSF Standings"
You have to get the series winner right.

05-30-12, 03:06 PM (EST)
22. "Final Standings"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-12 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

With NYR losing, points remain the same from the CSF.

Edited so Hobbs can sleep tonight.

1. mrc: 10.5

2. Stan: 8

3. byoffer: 7

3. Hobbs: 7

5. Ayak: 6.5

6. Col. Z.: 5.5

7. Pepe: 5

8. Yogi: 2

05-31-12, 10:43 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Final Standings"
Apparently we (and everyone else) svcked this year at picking NHL playoff winners.

Hurray for league parity??

05-31-12, 11:58 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Final Standings"
I'm still missing 1 pt. for the NYR in the first round not that it makes a difference.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •