The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"April 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-10, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"April 6"
Episode 13?

What can I say?
Oh, I know - nothing for a couple of hours till the peeps out on the West Coast get to see.

I'm sure we'll all have lots to say tomorrow.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: April 6 samboohoo 04-07-10 1
 RE: April 6 jbug 04-07-10 2
   RE: April 6 samboohoo 04-07-10 3
       RE: April 6 jbug 04-07-10 4
           RE: April 6 samboohoo 04-07-10 5
       RE: April 6 featherfish81 04-07-10 8
   RE: April 6 Donald Chump 04-07-10 7
       RE: April 6 jbug 04-08-10 9
 RE: April 6 Cyndimaus 04-07-10 6
   RE: April 6 JessicaRN 04-08-10 12
   RE: April 6 featherfish81 04-08-10 14
 RE: April 6 nap_time 04-08-10 10
   RE: April 6 jbug 04-08-10 11
       RE: April 6 nap_time 04-14-10 15
 RE: April 6 cipher5150 04-08-10 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: April 6"
All I know is she's gone again. That's all I need to know for now.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-07-10, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: April 6"
Yes, Boo, the whole thing could be summed up in one line: She's gone. LOL

Like Bob said, she came there to play the game; well the game came back to bite her in the butt. Gah! I hated that smug attitude when she was giving her little speech before the vote. Since she & Drea are almost the same weight, Drea could have made the same argument. I'm so glad the others remembered how much they didn't enjoy her company and got her out.

Interesting immunity play. I felt so bad that Victoria tried for it so early - she just didn't realize that 2 days wasn't enough time to get what she needed. So happy that Sam did it - home run - on yeah! Loved that he got into the gym before the B from TX knew what was happening. loved it loved it loved it!

The pool challenge was great! What a swimmer Sunshine is - way to go girl. Even if O'Neal had lost that & had the 1 lb disadvantage, it wouldn't have hurt him; he did great at the weigh in. & Michael too.

oh Karma - everything fell into place

Agman 2009

04-07-10, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: April 6"
I will likely watch tonight or tomorrow.

Bob seemed upset Melissa left. Was he? Was Jillian?

04-07-10, 09:27 AM (EST)
4. "RE: April 6"
If either of them were, I missed it. I got the feeling they both felt that others needed to stay longer than she did.
Even when they found that she got the 1 lb to add on, it didn't seem to bother them; they said it would have been worse if ONeal or Michael had to overcome the extra lb.

04-07-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: April 6"
I thought I heard a commercial or promo this year indicating that someone loses 200 pounds on the ranch. I think Michael is the safe bet for that.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-07-10, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: April 6"
I don't think we know, because they won't know that she left until the next episode. Although I don't think they'll be surprised. I was pretty sure she'd be gone as soon as she dropped below the line.

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: April 6"
>Like Bob said, she came there
>to play the game; well
>the game came back to
>bite her in the butt.
> Gah! I hated
>that smug attitude when she
>was giving her little speech
>before the vote. Since
>she & Drea are almost
>the same weight, Drea could
>have made the same argument.

Drea was about 50 pounds heavier than Melissa in last night's episode.

But yeah, Melissa's game-playing backfired when nobody was playing the game with her.

04-08-10, 09:51 AM (EST)
9. "RE: April 6"
really? 50 lbs? I sure saw that wrong;
thanks.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-10, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: April 6"
This was an interesting episode in really highlighting the difference between Melissa and the others. Yes, they all would like to win but you can tell that that is not the main reason they are there. It could be the editing, but it seemed that Melissa's main reason for being there was the money and the weight loss was secondary.

I found it ironic that she was all for game play but then was upset when the game play didn't go her way. And she kept saying that everyone needed to be looking out for themselves. But that's exactly what they were doing by making sure she got the one pound disadvantage. Funny.

I was so happy to see Victoria do well. What a good boost for her and a reminder that she is heading the right direction. Good for her!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-10, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: April 6"
I wasn't surprised when she said that she was an attorney. Nothing against attorney's, but I think that's why she was able to step back and take kind of a cold, unemotional approach to the whole thing. Her final argument could have been delivered in a courtroom in front of a jury (I guess it kind of was).

I can't stand her, but she sure did look good at the end.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-08-10, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: April 6"
I absolutely agree about the differences in the two types of game play. As someone else pointed out, Melissa wanted to play the game, but was playing it all by herself.

I will say, though, that I don't think she was so much upset at the gameplay as she was disappointed that she didn't win. She didn't really seem mad at the other contestants for not helping her. She was, however, confused about their motivations, I think - not understanding why you wouldn't play the game.

I thought the fact that you could help others out in the challenge was a good idea. I like it better than the gang up on everyone else so only the weak ones are left fighting it out for the prize type of challenges. Good thing they could all swim, though - I wonder if that's why we haven't seen more pool challenges?

I do think yellow and gray had a slight advantage in the challenge, because they had more weights to chose from so they didn't necessarily have to swim all over the pool to get theirs. The rest were so far behind I don't think it made a difference, but I did think it was interesting.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: April 6"
I missed the show again! But I did get updates thanks to texts from my sister. I am soo glad Melissa didn't last long on the ranch. Now I don't have to see her next week.

Can someone explain the whole buzzer concept. I didn't get details just that Victoria was first but didn't make it and then Sam did and got it. (downside of text..)

Next week is the makeover show?? That soon...how many are left?
I thought it was when they got to the last 5 or so.

04-08-10, 01:09 PM (EST)
11. "RE: April 6"
The person who lost 2% first would win immunity.
They could hit the buzzer - which would alert everyone else that someone was weighing - and get on the scale at any time to see if they lost their 2%. Each one had a tag with the number of lbs they needed to lose.
Victoria went to the scale on the 2nd day! Poor girl wanted it so bad - but didn't realize that 2 days probably wasn't long enough to lose the 6 lbs (or whatever) that she needed to lose.
Sam & Koli worked out really late on the 3rd night. Melissa got up at 3 am to go to the gym. Both were planning to hit the buzzer & weigh on the 4th morning.
Of course production kept us in suspense as to which one had hit the buzzer first. Everyone was shown heading for the gym - but we didn't see Melissa - or Sam.
Until they got there & showed Sam by the buzzer & Melissa with the group.
So he had his chance before she did.
If he had not made his goal weight & won it she was planning to run over & hit the buzzer as fast as she could to get ahead of anyone else.
He not only lost the 6 (or7) that he needed to - he lost 10!

And I think I understood it that he didn't then weigh in again at the regular weigh in. His weight at the buzzer time is the weight that will be used as his starting weight the next time. So he has several extra days of weight loss to count on the next weigh in.

There, hope you are thoroughly confused now.

One of Shar's unique creations

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-10, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: April 6"
Actually I understood that perfectly. LOL
Good explaination. You must have been a teacher.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: April 6"
What a…satisfying…episode!!!

I don’t understand why Melissa can’t seem to understand that winning is secondary to the other contestants. Some of them need to be there to save their lives and just want to stay there as long as they can. So her argument that she is not a threat to win the game is somewhat meaningless. And while there might be some merit to her argument that they can use her to help them progress further in the game, I think in the end everyone just recognized that her presence in the house was toxic. As soon as I saw that everyone helped everyone else in the challenge EXCEPT her, that she would be gone as soon as she fell below the yellow line.

Too bad she didn’t understand that most obese people (at least those I know) would pay to be on this show if they could and don’t care about the money.

I also found her comments that this experience has saved her marriage to be puzzling. If they were having problems I find it hard to believe that losing some weight or having a common goal for a few months would repair them. But I hope I’m wrong and that they were able to resolve their issues and strengthen their marriage.

Oh, and something I keep noticing about Koli – he always looks so miserable. I guess I might look hang-dogged too if I was dieting and exercising like them but every time I see him a picture of Droopy Dog flashes in my mind (yikes, did I just give away my age?).

I can’t wait for the makeovers and for Daris to get a haircut. He’s looking quite handsome under all that hair!

Fooner cracked my code

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •