The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-10, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Now don't get carried away & start spoiling tonites ep. Okay to discuss bits & pieces but don't give it away till the west coast has had their time to watch.

That said....

very interesting!
those challenges can come back to bite the winner in the butt!

The green team really holds their emotions inside them! Well,,,, sorta. They show the anger well enough.

I think this season has more tension on the ranch than even Icky's season!

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I think moonbaby 01-26-10 1
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 trigirl 01-26-10 2
   RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 true 01-26-10 3
       RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 suzzee 01-27-10 4
       RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 tjdmlhw 01-27-10 6
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 samboohoo 01-27-10 5
   RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 MPVLOST 01-27-10 7
       RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 samboohoo 01-27-10 8
           RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 nap_time 02-01-10 17
   RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 Donald Chump 01-28-10 13
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 jbug 01-27-10 9
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 Cyndimaus 01-27-10 10
   RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 PagongRatEater 01-27-10 12
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 mtopaz 01-27-10 11
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 featherfish81 01-31-10 14
   RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 udg 01-31-10 15
 RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4 nap_time 02-01-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I think"
I don't like this. I watched a season where people helped and encouraged each other. For the most part it was friendly, even in competition. It was easy to watch and I cheered them on.

Tonight grated on my nerves. I'll watch the finale.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-26-10, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Do ya think that green needs some serious counselling? Did you see their body language? Enough.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Oh man, I am so glad half of team sourpuss went home. The sulking was making me nuts.

Also, not that I dont trust Jillian's all knowing mind, but why, when a member of the green team loses 1 lb it's stress, and when red lady loses 1 lb it can only be gameplay?

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-27-10, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Good point you make. I think Miggy/Migdalia have way more issues then weight loss. They looked like a couple of wrestlers looking for a fight. I wonder if keeping weight on was an act of stubborn defiance and the result of some really strong control issues.

Winterized and In Vogue by Agman 2009

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-27-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Mainly because the red lady did it 2 weeks in a row (first gaining a pound, then losing a pound for a net gain of zero) and both times it was when her weight didn't count. The one thing I don't understand is if she is watering up, that would be a lot of water to take on that second week to cover up 2 weeks of weight loss.

Having said that, I am glad that one of the green team went home. I think that the majority of stress in the house (and on the tv) was caused by them. I wouldn't mind seeing Miggy go home soon.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-10 AT 08:38 AM (EST)

I actually watched this week on its designated night.

This is a very interesting group of people this year. That whole drama with the Red Team was just so silly. Didn't they admit the first time that she threw it? I can't remember now. It's so obvious she did.

I still don't really feel any connection to any of them. I guess if I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be Darrell and Drea.

ETA: While I appreciate the "tough girl" mood from green, they annoyed me and were negative, and I'm glad one of them is gone.

Next week looks a little scary. I'm trying to figure out who it is based on what I can see in the preview clip. I think it's a man who goes based on the 911 call. And Ali indicates there is no need to deliberate for the vote. The only men I can't see at the weigh-in are John, Michael and Lance.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-27-10, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Couldn't the "no need to deliberate" simply mean that someone without a partner falls below the yellow line?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Yes, but the tears just made me think it was related to the emergency.

Those without a partner are James, Michael, Stephanie and Miggy. I doubt anyone is going to cry over Miggy going.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-10, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
I know that clips can be deceiving, but after watching the previews several times, Michael, (White team guy) is the only one they don't show at the weigh in when Ali says there is no need for elimination.

They also show the white team's bedroom during the emgergency call...(rooms are decorated by team color.) So I wonder if it is him.

I agree, I think the reason there is no elimination is because it is a team with only one member. BUT... like I said at the beginning...clips can be deceiving!

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

Donald Chump 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-28-10, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Donald%20Chump Click to send private message to Donald%20Chump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Red team threw it the first time, but not the time after that. They didn't know in advance that her weight wouldn't count, so there was no reason to deliberately hold her weight steady or gain. Sometimes people have a week with zero or +1, for no apparent reason. She had two weeks like that, but one was deliberate (when she had immunity), the other wasn't. Now due to the big loss this week, she's probably going to have a small week next time, and they're going to accuse her again.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
I checked to see what kind of work the green team members do.
Migdalia is a homemaker and is from North Carolina (wonder if that is shown as her hometown because that is where her husband is stationed).
Miggy is a chef (however in her bio it says most recently a police officer) & is from New Jersey.

This is what the nbc site says on them:
The Team: Miggy and Migdalia are a lively Puerto Rican mother/daughter team. They are strong willed and add a competitive edge to everything in life. "Migdalia" means "Indian Warrior Leader and Flower." Miggy has made sure that the name and its meaning are passed on to her children and grandkids. The lessons learned on the show would not only be incorporated into their daily lives and passed on to their family members, but also save them from worsening medical problems.

Migdalia is a mother's daughter. She is quick-tempered and says exactly what is on her mind, which can lead to disagreements. Nevertheless, they are best friends who have overcome a lot in life. She and her family grew up in poor conditions and never consistently had food or electricity. One of the toughest obstacles in her life was moving from Puerto Rico to the U.S. and having to adjust to the language barrier. Migdalia has not always been overweight. With the stresses of being a military wife whose husband recently came back from deployment in Iraq and may be sent back in early fall, Migdalia has overindulged in non-healthy food choices, leading to rapid weight gain. She also recently had her second child.

Miggy was raised in New York and was relocated by her mother and stepfather to Puerto Rico as a teen. She was married and divorced by the age of 17. She tried her best to "never cry for the kids or for myself." Miggy's weight has fluctuated as much as her career changes. Her previous occupations have been a farmer, ceramic technician, hairdresser, and most recently, a police officer -- and she was rewarded "Police Officer Woman of the Year" four times. More than anything, Miggy wants to show and prove to the Hispanic community that they can lose weight and be healthy.

I looked this up because I was wondering if their ethnic background might have some bearing on their attitudes - on their seeming to be very angry most of the time - on their "toughness" - on Miggy's insistence that Migdalia not cry.

Since I don't know any Puerto Ricons personally, I can only compare to the "sterotype" (tho I hate that word) that I see on tv.
Anyone here know?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-10, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
I was waiting to see if there was any investigation into red lady's eating habits and such. I'm pretty sure she threw the two weigh-ins but if she was insisting she didn't then I would have gone to the computer to see what she was doing with her food intake and calories burned, etc. Wasn't there one season where one of the guys was eating too much salt or something and it was affecting his weight loss?

By the way, I'm really liking the gray team.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
LOVE the grey team! Genuine good guys who are there for the right reasons - willing to work hard, play fair and speak their mind in a constructive and compassionate way.

Really the red team is the only one I don't like. I actually get the green team and think there might be some folks who identify.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-27-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
Yes, last night's episode had too much anger and negativity for me. I don't think either Miggy and Migdalia should have been chosen for the show, because they seem too volatile, too much anger and resentment simmering just below the surface. I have no idea of their background, and I'm sure they've dealt with a lot of hardship, probably unfair treatment from others, maybe discrimination, etc. That's way beyond the scope of a reality weight loss show to deal with.

What helped redeem Migdalia was to finally see her soften up when talking to her children and husband. To see her cry and acknowledge that to her own kids. (Besides which, I felt she should be the one to go home since her husband was leaving for Afghanistan.)

As to the Red Team, I don't care for the Red wife. Game playing happens, but she's too much like the infamous Vicky for my taste.

My favorites are probably the Tongan team (grey team), partly because they are from my county, and partly because they seem like nice guys. I like the orange team too, and the pink team.

It's interesting to see how Bob and Jillian conspire, and also how Bob manipulates things (Jillian) sometimes.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-31-10, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
I'm not sure what to think about Red Team. She had immunity, so if she was only doing game play, or wanted to prove that she couldn't lose weight, she wouldn't have lost that much. Losing 11 lbs. seems like she was throwing previous weigh-ins. And I'm not sure how I feel about giving the 2 lbs to the green team. If they truly wanted to make it even, the gray team always loses a lot and would most likely have stayed above the line. But I can also see them wanting to get rid of the drama. And it seems pretty obvious who's the dominant one in that relationship.

I'm not sure why Green Team decided to come on the show. Have they ever watched it before? They must have known it was more than just "here's what to eat and how to exercise." I mean, you can get that from a book. The trainers like to push your buttons, but they won't let anyone in to help them.

So far I'm not identifying and loving any teams like I did last season. I like purple, black, and gray. Red I'm neutral, don't like green, and the rest are fine.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-31-10, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
When the Green Team applied to be on the show, they probably didn't realize the timing would coincide with Young Green's hubby's deployment. Then, when they got on the show, it was "once in a life time", and she thought it was worth the sacrifice. Then under the stress of the show (exacerbated by Bob & Jillian deliberately pushing her buttons, trying to get her to break down), she decided being with her husband while she still could was more important.

At least, that seems plausible to me. I still don't think either woman is particularly NICE, but I can understand Young Green's desire to leave when she did.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-10, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jan 26 - Ep 4"
After catching up on the last two weeks of BL.. (boy scouts need to move from Tues night...LOL) I have come to the conclusion that I really don't like the Red team wife. The whole time I was watching her talk with Jillian and cry about how she was not a liar, I just wasn't convinenced. Then when she and her hubby were talking alone and she said she wanted to work with Jillian, I thought...hmmmm, she called you a liar, but you know she DOES know what she is talking about. I wonder if they will show her going back to Jillian, or just skip over it.

I don't know that I have favorites yet...Brown team guy seems to be there for the right reason and getting the job done. Grey team too. I wish they would cut some of the drama and let us really get to know the contestants.

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •